AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-20, 11:09   Link #1801
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
The new voting thread is here
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1158762589/

From some of the posts, the anti-Haruhi-ists are really making a lot of noise, their agenda is ABH - Anyone But Haruhi. Haruhi would need all the votes she can get, see to it that the anti-Haruhi-ists petty crusade against Haruhi ends in failure.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:56   Link #1802
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Holland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
to be honest i am kinda afraid cuz i dont see that many votes for our dear Haruhi

btw i have done my vote ... GO HARUHI !!
__________________

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 12:27   Link #1803
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
From some of the posts, the anti-Haruhi-ists are really making a lot of noise, their agenda is ABH - Anyone But Haruhi. Haruhi would need all the votes she can get, see to it that the anti-Haruhi-ists petty crusade against Haruhi ends in failure.
LOL one quote that comes to my mind reading that is "power to the people!"
well done to mikaru for winning with such a margin tho...kinda disappointed that yakumo didnt make it such a confrotable win for her
dnt kill me btw...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 12:40   Link #1804
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 29
So Haruhi has become as targetted as the RM dolls by this point in time... huh...

Interesting, most interesting.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 12:59   Link #1805
Rin-Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rin's apartment
can someone give me the link to the get the code so i can vote for Haruhi please. TY!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 13:01   Link #1806
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France - Metz
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.pcgames.com.cn/cartoon/bb...09/820548.html
Vote haruhi today! She need lot of support and be on same place like Mikuru is! (996 Votes!)
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:18   Link #1807
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Holland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i have been checking the voting thread time to time
well i think there are quite much ppl who vote or Haruhi

EDIT : BIG NEWS
Haruhi has won her round

Quote:
Haruhi wins!

803 Haruhi
434 Yaya
282 Futaba
__________________

Credits to Pellissier for the sig

Last edited by Noppapana; 2006-09-21 at 09:45.
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:45   Link #1808
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanks to everyone who heeded the "call to arms", Haruhi has beaten Yaya by a convincing landslide. Keep up the good work of SuzuHaru girls getting a high voter attendence.

(Though next round it'll probably be the tie of the round, Haruhi vs most likely Yuki. )
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:58   Link #1809
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Holland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
^^

now you mention it , when is it yukis turn ?
__________________

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 10:03   Link #1810
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Yuki is tomorrow. Be sure to be there! Not like she needs it (against Taiga of F/SN and Kannabi of Air), but we must show SuzuHaru girls dominance!
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 11:01   Link #1811
Rin-Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rin's apartment
This could be trouble.

While Haruhi and Yuki are splitting the votes the other girl in teh contest could secretly slip right past them to beat them both, leaving Mikuru and Kyon's little sister as the only suvivers left.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 11:58   Link #1812
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
This could be trouble.

While Haruhi and Yuki are splitting the votes the other girl in teh contest could secretly slip right past them to beat them both, leaving Mikuru and Kyon's little sister as the only suvivers left.
Eh? I don't get that. If Haruhi faces Yuki, then only 1 girl can be eliminated. So how will we have only Mikuru and Imotou left?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:13   Link #1813
Kikaifan
Blazing General
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CA
Age: 28
Votes are three-way 'til near the end. Or are we already to the two-vote rounds?

I think the Yuki Smash is a sure ticket though.
__________________
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:32   Link #1814
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
No, it's three ways through this round, then next round begins the two-ways. Haruhi faces Yuki and it's only the two of them. I believe he's mis-interpreting something I said yesterday - I said that if there really are "Anti-Haruhist" voting forces, the smart strategy would be to wait until Yuki and Haruhi meet and then throw all their votes behind Yuki. I think he must have thought that the purpose behind that was to get a third person through (I have no idea how that would work), but it would just be to send Haruhi home.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:40   Link #1815
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haruhi vs yuki? gona be a bombshell lol...but i think i favor yuki more for some reason
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:52   Link #1816
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
No, it's three ways through this round, then next round begins the two-ways. Haruhi faces Yuki and it's only the two of them. I believe he's mis-interpreting something I said yesterday - I said that if there really are "Anti-Haruhist" voting forces, the smart strategy would be to wait until Yuki and Haruhi meet and then throw all their votes behind Yuki. I think he must have thought that the purpose behind that was to get a third person through (I have no idea how that would work), but it would just be to send Haruhi home.
Well, I guess he is correct in a way, since there can only be one girl from Haruhi that will make it out of the block, and I highly doubt Imotou can overcome Eri or Souseiseki, so either way after 2 rounds there will only be 1 Haruhi girl left in the tournament.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 14:01   Link #1817
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Well, I guess he is correct in a way, since there can only be one girl from Haruhi that will make it out of the block, and I highly doubt Imotou can overcome Eri or Souseiseki, so either way after 2 rounds there will only be 1 Haruhi girl left in the tournament.
Well, that part's true - I was thinking that if they could throw support behind a secondary Haruhi character - the chances of knocking off another character in a later round (when the competition goes up) become greater as well. AFAIK, Haruhi is the only person who managed to get more than 1,000 votes in qualifying.
If I was trying to come up with a plan to defeat her - I would throw my support behind Yuki (knowing that Yuki's fans were fans who were probably voting for Haruhi before), hoping to topple Haruhi. Then, in a later round, I'd throw support behind a Nanoha or a Souseiseki.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 14:02   Link #1818
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 32
Do not underestimate the power of the loli-in-a-bag

Well, Mikuru got 996 votes and she was facing Yakumo, who's one of the most popular School Rumble girls, which I believe sets a record for the number of votes a character has gotten so far .

It will be interesting to see Haruhi's fight with other SuzuHaru characters. Has Haruhi made something she can't control?
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 14:17   Link #1819
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Well, that part's true - I was thinking that if they could throw support behind a secondary Haruhi character - the chances of knocking off another character in a later round (when the competition goes up) become greater as well. AFAIK, Haruhi is the only person who managed to get more than 1,000 votes in qualifying.
If I was trying to come up with a plan to defeat her - I would throw my support behind Yuki (knowing that Yuki's fans were fans who were probably voting for Haruhi before), hoping to topple Haruhi. Then, in a later round, I'd throw support behind a Nanoha or a Souseiseki.
Well, that's true, but in a way, you are picking your poison. I view Yuki on the same level as Haruhi, and I think her votes have shown that as well. Even if they get behind Yuki and throw Haruhi off, it would be equally difficult to get rid of Yuki in later rounds.

IMO the weakest of the trio is Mikuru, so if I were an anti-haruhiist, I would throw all my support behind Mikuru when she meets Yuki/Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
It will be interesting to see Haruhi's fight with other SuzuHaru characters. Has Haruhi made something she can't control?
That's interesting. We will see what happens a few weeks later. I can't wait to see how the Haruhi Yuki match will turn out. Hopefully Yuki can pull it off.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 15:37   Link #1820
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, Mikuru got 996 votes and she was facing Yakumo, who's one of the most popular School Rumble girls, which I believe sets a record for the number of votes a character has gotten so far .
Both Haruhi and Mikuru had over 1000 votes in the qualifying round. Haruhi had almost 12% of qualifying votes in her bracket - Mikuru had somethng like 8% (which is a ton, but not unbeatable).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
IMO the weakest of the trio is Mikuru, so if I were an anti-haruhiist, I would throw all my support behind Mikuru when she meets Yuki/Haruhi.
Well - this is an implied level of the plan as well - and I should note that my plan is based on qualifying votes because they should, theoretically at least, indicate close to the maximum number of votes a character can receive (since the competition for each vote is lower). Once you've gotten Haruhi's 1000 something qualifying votes out - then you back Mikuru against Yuki. I believe the % of qualifying votes went: Haruhi > Yuki > Mikuru. If you figure that the Haruhi backers will fragment somewhat when it comes to characters from their own show, this makes it somewhat likely that a small number of votes (no evidence indicates that anti-haruhiists have a large number of votes to work with) could topple Haruhi with Yuki, then take those votes away from Yuki and give them to Mikuru, and then take them away from Mikuru and give them to Nanoha (or Fate, or whomever).

Anyway, I'm not saying anything relatively about Haruhi vs Yuki vs Mikuru, I'm just looking at it logically. It would be the same if I hated Rozen Maiden and Souseiseki, Suiseiseki and Suigintou were all in the same bracket.

My personal bet is Yuki ends up winning. It's a pick-your-poison situation no matter what - there's no guaranteed way to get them out - my way you guarantee yourself to be facing the weaker qualifiers, rather than letting them fight it out amongst themselves in which case you are definitely going to end up dealing with the strongest one.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.