AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-17, 02:28   Link #261
BeeTaisho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Well, the last episode is out, so you don't have to wait any longer than it takes you to download and watch.
Really? I didn't see it at FNT.
BeeTaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 06:41   Link #262
SinsI

FnT did a great job with this one, especially great were their translations. I just hope that if the DVD's fix the animation quality for those two infamous episodes they'll make a v2.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 07:04   Link #263
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Aye, I hope they fix those episodes for the dvds.

Spoiler for ending and series thoughts:

Big thanks to FnT for their work on this series.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 12:01   Link #264
axeps2

Hi. In the middle of the show now. Has some questions for now.

1. Do the anime follow the novels faithfully ? (to a large extent)

2. Which volumes of novels is the content from the anime taken from?

3. Does the ending of this show leaves room for a possible sequel?

Thanks in advance
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 12:32   Link #265
BeeTaisho

I'm finally downloading it. I love this anime, it would make my day if there was a second season. I'd like to send my thanks to FnT for subbing The Third, it always made my day when they came out with a new release. You guys are the best, I'm curious to see what they pick up next.
BeeTaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 12:58   Link #266
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeps2 View Post
3. Does the ending of this show leaves room for a possible sequel?
Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 16:47   Link #267
Devastator

Thanks for all the gratitude, it makes completing a series much more satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTaisho View Post
I'm curious to see what they pick up next.
Project selections have been announced on the website and are also listed on the forum.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 04:54   Link #268
SinsI

From the look of the first DVD fansub (unfortunately, spanish ) they redid quite a lot of CG's, so there's hope for a decent improvement in future episodes.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 09:48   Link #269
Kindred
It's in your reach...

Just finished watching the series.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kindred; 2007-01-05 at 09:49. Reason: tags
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 12:49   Link #270
tritoch

I'm still waiting for Ayu's version to speed up. I was watching their version instead of FnT and usually when I start it with one group, i'd end up sticking with their sub to the end. So yeah I'm up to episode 18 right now and it has been a superb series with excellent CG animation thus far.

I wonder who else I'll pull into watching this show.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 03:12   Link #271
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

has the manga version been scanlated by any groups?

I can't seem to find any trace of it on bakamanga updates website.
Forgetful_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 12:33   Link #272
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished this one... and i have to say it was very good. It started out somewhat average, and my impression from first few eps was "bleh, its okish, so might as well watch it". As the story went on i got hooked The story is interesting, and the characters are nice... at least Bogie and Honoka.

My only gripe is the horrendous animation in eps13 and 23.... that, and the god damn narration, which translates in to laziness(sp?) from the producer side in my book... either that, or they thought that audience is uncapable of figuring out anything on their own. Bout overall the animation was quite well done, and i didn't notice any reused frames.

Overall a very good story that kept me entertained. This one could use more advertising and popularity among the fans, because i have rarely seen it being mentioned.
Old 2007-02-21, 22:52   Link #273
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Apparently might be licensed (though no one seems to know by who).
Old 2007-02-21, 22:58   Link #274
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's a really weird web page. It lists "???" as bringing it to North America. Usually when these webpages are reserved by a licensing company they have either nothing to say at all or else are much more circumspect. This page just doesn't fit the motif.

Perhaps the webpage was set up by a cybersquatter.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:08   Link #275
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
That's a really weird web page. It lists "???" as bringing it to North America. Usually when these webpages are reserved by a licensing company they have either nothing to say at all or else are much more circumspect. This page just doesn't fit the motif.

Perhaps the webpage was set up by a cybersquatter.
Entirely possible, it's being reported on animeondvd.com (where you'll notice it's advertised on the top banner). I thought the lack of licensor was weird too, but it's Kadokowa - and it's one of the titles that they showed trailers for last year (at Otakon). Normally I would have thought it was just pointless speculation, but I believe every other show they showed trailers for (Shuffle!, MoSH, and Guyver) have all been licensed. Once Shuffle! was licensed I went back to look at the other shows that were mentioned at their panel.

Anyway, it wasn't intended as a "this is definitely licensed" post, but more as a "If you really liked this show, it may actually be licensed, keep tuned for announcements" kind of thing.
Old 2007-02-21, 23:18   Link #276
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
If it isn't licensed now it probably will be soon as this is the kind of series that gets licensed really quickly I find. It's a perfect Funimation title (they like to get stuff that combines elements of action, solid plot, strong characters and good production values. The stuff that will do well on their channel that I can't remember the name of since it doesn't air here in Canada).

If you break it all down, there's a general pattern (with some exceptions) where it company has carved out a general portion of the market to itself. The Comedy tends to go to ADV (Although lately they are losing out to everybody else) the edgy titles go to Geneon, the Solid Action/Plot/Character series to Funimation and Mecha/Heavy Intellectual Pay Attention Or You'll Be Lost Stuff/Mind**** series to Bandai. It's really only a moderate correlation, but its enough that I can predict a titles licensee at a frequency much much higher than random chance would allow.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-21 at 23:37.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:42   Link #277
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
If it isn't licensed now it probably will be soon as this is the kind of series that gets licensed really quickly I find. It's a perfect Funimation title (they like to get stuff that combines elements of action, solid plot, strong characters and good production values. The stuff that will do well on their channel that I can't remember the name of since it doesn't air here in Canada).
The Funimation Channel? And they don't air anything like that on the Funi channel. They air Kodocha, Case Closed, Blue Gender, Spiral, Negima, Fruits Basket, Galaxy Railways, Baki the Grappler, Dragonball, Kiddy Grade and the shows they have from RightStuf (Hare + Guu, Kare Kano, Revolutionary Girl Utena). I guess maybe it's somewhat similar to Blue Gender. But the point is that they haven't really altered the Funi Channel's lineup much for newly licensed shows (with the weird exception of Negima). Anyway, Blue Gender (like Dragonball) only airs once a day (compared to four times for most of their other shows, and I swear like ten times for Baki). The great majority of their programming is in the group of Kodocha, Case Closed, Spiral, Fruits Basket, Galaxy Railways, Kare Kano and Hare + Guu. It is, in US marketing speak, more of a family oriented channel. Though I wish they would air more of their GONZO list after 9 PM - Basilisk and Samurai 7 are being used by IFC, but Speed Grapher or something would be nice. EDIT: Or Last Exile, that was shown on G4, but they don't even show anime any more!

Funimation also deals a lot with shows for both [adult swim] (where I think this might find a home as it has little to no fanservice and is somewhat action-oriented) and IFC. Anyway, long story short, I think this has more of a shot on [adult swim] than on the Funi channel anytime soon.
Old 2007-02-22, 03:15   Link #278
Joojoobees

I thought the Third was a decent show. I thought the art on the landscapes was really nice. The characters were mostly interesting. My favorite part was the Space Elves. I might not have watched it if it weren't for them.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 08:09   Link #279
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The licensing thing? This is Kadokawa USA we're talking about. They did the same thing with Haruhi for a few days, before we find out they were working with Bandai. I'm 99.9% sure that it is indeed licensed and they're not revealing their partner in it just for some publicity.
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 08:33   Link #280
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I'm not doubting the idea that The Third is licensed, but... in comparision, Haruhi is a rather large title when compared to The Third (looking at popularity based on fansub discussion/downloads, where Haruhi is obviously more widely discussed).

However, I'd be happy to see the series get an R1 release. So long as they fixed the horrendous ep.13 and 23 animation on the original DVDs...

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen