AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-20, 23:48   Link #41
ImperialPanda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Two thoughts:

1) Given the state of technology they live in, can't she get a com device a little smaller than that headphone? =P

2) ボギー's... descriptive metaphors... of hanoka translates to laziness. This is animation, not a book, such narrative talking should be minimized and instead presented through visual clues/events. Being so explicit gives it a sense of shallowness.

Overall pretty good. Another B anime.

Oh yes, let's not forget about the engrish... =o IMO, why...?
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 06:14   Link #42
lavielove
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@ImperialPanda May be they live in a parallel world that is different from the world we live in.

[off-topic]
To consider "The Third" as B rated anime is still very early."The Third" will span 24 episodes and this is just the beginning =)
[/off-topic]
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 06:31   Link #43
dan88
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NZ
Age: 41
Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
I love the fight scenes here if nothing else. .....They have done a great job on the sound effect! too, and her hand postioning with the sword was first class. (She is fighting like a samurai (and it looks great!)......
The action scenes consists of her jumping through the air no where near the spiders which, after a delay, then explode - *yawn*. Then the formula is she is surprised by spider/ant and the tank turns up and saves her with it's big assed gun and multiple gatling gun turrets.

The spiders and ants looked crap. However I thought the design of her tank was interesting and the only good point of the anime. Why not just use it to kill everything? - would be more fun.
The guy looks and seems a little dull and should have been left to the ants!

I will just skip the sword fight scenes and enjoy looking at the hardware.

However with so many other good anime at the moment (IMHO) this is going straight to the bottom of my long watch list and will probably be dropped and forgotten unless there is a huge improvement.
__________________
Currently watching.... True Tears, Bamboo blade, Clannad, Okami to Koshinryo, Rosario + Vampire, Hatenkou Yuugi
dan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 06:52   Link #44
lavielove
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
However with so many other good anime at the moment (IMHO) this is going straight to the bottom of my long watch list and will probably be dropped and forgotten unless there is a huge improvement.
All the staffs in Xebec will throw a party if this anime get into your glorious to watch list.who knows ? [jk]
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 06:58   Link #45
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
[off-topic]
To consider "The Third" as B rated anime is still very early."The Third" will span 24 episodes and this is just the beginning =)
[/off-topic]
24 episodes? I thought it was 13. Do you have a source for that number?

Great news if it is, the Third is indeed a gem.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 07:25   Link #46
Tatiana Razajev
Karen
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Well I've just finished watching the second episode of this series. It's a bit more interesting than I thought. Granted it hasn't wowed me yet, but it has potential since I do want to see the next episode. I'll wait and see on this one.

Like the show Honoka herself has potential especially if it doesn't take too long for her to start facing tougher opponents. Plus I may grow to love her as a character. Right now I just like her. Millie is definitely cute and hopefully she'll appear again. I have a feeling Iks will play a much larger role later on.

Oh yes I must contend Millie and Honoka for both having good taste and wearing ribbons Also Millie looks kind of sweet here in episode 2. Sleeping scenes can be heart warming.
__________________
"Don't forget. You aren't alone. It isn't just you. You have a billion bacteria with you."- Kokage Kuga (Sketchbook)
"Last night's dream was in sepia with subtitles"- Oomichi ~Professor~ Miyabi (GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class)
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 16:06   Link #47
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
We have mechas, wasn't expecting that from this show.

Spoiler for ep 2:

Just what kind of metal is that sword made from? Hmm...

BTW the wondeful OP song is released on 2006/05/24 (same day as the Zegapain OP & ED incidently).
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 17:15   Link #48
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Just watched the first episode. The show's animation is very smooth especially when Honoka moves around on the dunes, it's almost quicksilver like. I actually really like the music and the part where they played the intrusmental version of the OP really stood out to me. But I don't like the character design so much though. The way Ikus is drawn bugs me and the other characters look pretty generic art wise. Still I might follow this for a while.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 19:12   Link #49
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So the first one so far i am sold not bad the animation was better than i thought i would be and voice acting is pretty solid too, looking forward to more and seeing how the story progresses.

oh yea shes really not that flat i saw some jiggle when she was fighting those spiders or maybe it was wishful thiniking oh well
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 11:48   Link #50
cbmfive
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
Just watched the first episode. The show's animation is very smooth especially when Honoka moves around on the dunes, it's almost quicksilver like. I actually really like the music and the part where they played the intrusmental version of the OP really stood out to me. But I don't like the character design so much though. The way Ikus is drawn bugs me and the other characters look pretty generic art wise. Still I might follow this for a while.

There's a reason the music stands out...the main theme is basically ripped off from Nausicaa. Audio clip examples:
third1.mp3 - 0.43MB
nausicaa.mp3 - 0.57MB

The rest of the anime, to me, also felt cobbled together from various other anime series. I'm hoping some original stuff gets added later. The post-apocalyptic desert scene is certainly not new, the Thirds somehow remind me of Guild leaders in Last Exile, giant bugs are not new (especially in light of Nausicaa already), even Bogie seems highly related to the computer on Outlaw Star. The drawing is done well and I have hopes for this series still, but I'm starting to think this will be another formula anime that adds nothing valuable to the scene.
cbmfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 11:56   Link #51
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmfive
There's a reason the music stands out...the main theme is basically ripped off from Nausicaa. Audio clip examples:
third1.mp3 - 0.43MB
nausicaa.mp3 - 0.57MB
...
It's not that similar, but 'Sajo no Yume' is certainly Ghibli-esque. The opening few bars reminded me of the mining village theme from Laputa. I personally have no problem with this as the Third has lots of Ghibli influences.

Though if the song wasn't so awesome, I might not be so generous. Heh.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 12:56   Link #52
AisuruMirai
箱者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmfive
felt cobbled together from various other anime series.
Yes, but I think that, considering that there are thousands of anime titles of all types, one could reasonably say this about every show that comes out. (Maybe not Mushishi, but who knows?)

The use of language is, I guess, the main reason this show is palatable for me. I liked the sandscapes & skyscapes, as well. It really is full of anime cliches, etc, though: the boyish Gambaranakya Girl (tm); the remnants of a war-torn world; the aforementioned giant bugs; the use of a sword when a gun would probably be a lot more effective. Now that you mention it, the robot is just like the one from Outlaw Star. But I just realized, watching the credits, that Bogey isn't the one narrating--it's The Narrator. That's weird.

アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:26   Link #53
froinlaven
Wanchu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Just watched the first ep. For some reason, I keep drawing parallels from this anime to Shana. Like the whole sword toting flat chested thing. And Bogie = Alastor? I dunno, maybe it's a stretch.

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:17   Link #54
lavielove
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Just watched the first ep. For some reason, I keep drawing parallels from this anime to Shana. Like the whole sword toting flat chested thing. And Bogie = Alastor? I dunno, maybe it's a stretch.

Full impressions here.
When I watched the first episode together with my friends,we also shouted together
"Shana version 2 in desert!" too.But after checking out the manga[sorry.. novel] released date in this thread,the last impression is that only some of the animation sequence would be inspired from Shana.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-23 at 15:57.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 18:39   Link #55
Uh_huh
♥ Bouncy ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Pretty decent drawings and the anime looks promising, but the 3D graphics turns me off. I'm old school and prefer seeing plain old 2D artwork instead of a mixture (like what they did with Samurai 7, I hated that shit).
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 22:13   Link #56
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
flat chest this, flat chest that..... Geez, there are other things to talk about, you know.

I thought that Honoka was more similar to Deunan than Shana since she is a skilled mercenary type.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:59   Link #57
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Just watch ep.3.
Things are definitely getting interesting. In the preview, they show that

Spoiler:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 15:09   Link #58
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Gah! I wish there were more people blogging/subbing this series because I can't find anything on this show!

Bakc on topic [spoiler] Honoka's one the the Third you say? Well that would explain some of the stuff that happened in episode 2 [/spoier]
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 15:13   Link #59
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Ep 03? Where is Ep 02 subbed?

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 15:26   Link #60
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
Gah! I wish there were more people blogging/subbing this series because I can't find anything on this show!

Bakc on topic
Spoiler:

Canyoumoe
is blogging it.

Spoiler for ep3:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.