AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Old 2005-12-18, 16:02   Link #1
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Spoiler problem in Fansubs section [revived]

It is my opinion that this discussion should be kept to everyone's attention, so in light of the recent events I think it's important this thread rises from it's ashes.

I'll lay out the main problem:

Members have complained that in the Fansubs section of the forum, certain threads are so infested with spoilers, decent discussion is made impossible. Reason for the spoilers is the members who watch the raw episodes of a particular series. It happens quite often that fansubs of a series don't keep up with the air dates in Japan. As soon as the RAW surfaces members who can understand Japanese continue the discussion of the episodes in the thread at the expense of the fansubs watchers.

The thing is, the problem isn't solved that easily. Creating two separate threads would turn out to be too much of a hassle for the mods and simply restricting the raw discussion wouldn't be exactly fair too. Maybe future developments turn out a decent solution for the problem. For now I understand there is little that can be done, but for let the reader be know that you're not the first to notice this.
Old 2005-12-18, 16:11   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Do not worry, we did not forget about the issues .

We are actually in the process of reviewing the forum structure, though there is no firm time-frame, for anything changing, just yet. In any case we're still open to suggestions and debate of course, so thank you for posting the thread again
Old 2005-12-18, 16:32   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

That's something that has really been irritating me of late, particularly in threads like the old ToHeart2 and similar threads where the airings are up to 10 or more but the subs are stuck at 3 or wherever. Skipping through post after post of spoiler tags is no fun.

Well, hopefully something can be done to keep everyone happy
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote