AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 08:33   Link #221
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well whoever forged the sword knew its purpose; therefore it is more than just any old weapon. I'm sure there'll be an episode soon when the origins of the broken sword will become clear as Saya either needs it fixed or needs an upgrade.

Things I liked about Ep.21..

Spoiler:

The only thing I didn't like was the unrealistic and convienient way the sun rose. Other than that, it was a good episode...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-03-07 at 15:00.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 10:33   Link #222
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen
I think there was an interview with the producers of Blood+ a while back in which they said the TV series is losely connected to the movie and magna so don't expect the poltlines between all the media to be totally linked.
BTW, IG Production just went IPO in Japan..
Wow, someone that actually read an article about what the producers stated.
I'm saying that as a good thing because you don't know how many people keep thinking this series is a sequel. When the creators officially stated that it was more like a "prequel". But as you can see the series are too loosely based to connect.

I read an article in one of the current issues of 'Newtype USA'. I think it's 'February's issue. They talk about the project when it first got started. And they talk about how the movie was made from scratch. A barely written idea. Yet they managed to put enough into it that it became solid enough to be a good project which grabbed so many fans. Despite it's little "plot holes". But when you look at the TV series, there is so much stuff going on that barely connects to the movie it's like comparing apples and oranges. They are putting so much into this series building from almost scratch. Which will now open doors to a whole new slew of questions that might connect anywhere. It'll just make you crazy. Or not.

Personally, for me I'd been enjoying it. So I really don't care any other way. To me it's like a whole new story. I just hope by the end of 52 they'll have enough resolved. But I wouldn't hold my breath. This is 'Blood' we're talking about here.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 11:03   Link #223
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yay! Blood+ OST is set for release on 2006/04/26 from the usual outlets...
Old 2006-03-08, 11:09   Link #224
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Excellent! I was looking for it yesterday and I didn't find anything on 'CDJapan' or 'Yesasia.com'. Anyone see the soundtracks slated for release or have been released for 'Hagi's solo pieces?

Old 2006-03-08, 11:31   Link #225
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
duplicate message

Last edited by chrno; 2006-03-11 at 07:18.
Old 2006-03-08, 15:26   Link #226
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Excellent! I was looking for it yesterday and I didn't find anything on 'CDJapan' or 'Yesasia.com'. Anyone see the soundtracks slated for release or have been released for 'Hagi's solo pieces?
That would be cool, but only 'Hagi plays J.S Bach' is listed on the web-site.
Old 2006-03-10, 02:32   Link #227
v1cious

Spoiler:
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 07:22   Link #228
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious
Spoiler:
Good question. I didn't think about that right away. Seems like we got group that has the limitations of most "vampires" where as the group under 'Diva' can be out at anytime. 'Daywalkers' no less. To me it seems that there are 3 wars going on. If you keep the plot of 'Blood+' simple it seems that you have 2 rival groups. Then add the survival between "humans" vs "chiroptans". Evolution. Then you got some governmental issues that are probably conspiring for the power.

Old 2006-03-11, 08:23   Link #229
kari-no-sugata

Ep 22 is pretty interesting, though there's still a lot left to reveal.

Spoiler for ep 22 summary:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 09:41   Link #230
SlugZilla
woofles

Spoiler for episode22:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 10:49   Link #231
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Spoiler:
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 13:19   Link #232
Omniscient

No one seems to have mentioned it here yet, so here goes:

The third OP and ED have been announced!
OP: Colors of the Heart by UVERworld
ED: This Love by Angela Aki (she's the same person who performs the FFXII main theme)

Official Announcement
Old 2006-03-11, 19:18   Link #233
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Ep 22 is pretty interesting, though there's still a lot left to reveal.
Nice summary "kari". I wish I was watching this episode right now. I wonder if they are going to stop at 26 and pick up again later or keep going.

It's funny y'know I cannot find many "blogs" anymore for this series. I think I ran across one about a week ago, actually early this week and then a day later I couldn't find anything anymore. There was one site that did a summary for ep. 21 but all of a sudden I can't find it anymore.

Old 2006-03-11, 19:43   Link #234
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Nice summary "kari". I wish I was watching this episode right now. I wonder if they are going to stop at 26 and pick up again later or keep going.
No chance. If Blood+ was going to take a break, another anime for its time-slot would have been announced long ago. It's not any old time slot! Also, OP/ED for eps 27-39 have been announced - thanks Omniscient.

Quote:
It's funny y'know I cannot find many "blogs" anymore for this series. I think I ran across one about a week ago, actually early this week and then a day later I couldn't find anything anymore. There was one site that did a summary for ep. 21 but all of a sudden I can't find it anymore.
I rather feel Blood+ doesn't get the attention it deserves. Well, at least we can have a quiet discussion this way.

I wonder how TV ratings and DVD sales are going...
Old 2006-03-11, 20:39   Link #235
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
No chance. If Blood+ was going to take a break, another anime for its time-slot would have been announced long ago. It's not any old time slot! Also, OP/ED for eps 27-39 have been announced - thanks Omniscient.

I rather feel Blood+ doesn't get the attention it deserves. Well, at least we can have a quiet discussion this way.
Blood+ is in the same timeslot as Gundam SEED (2002-2003), Full Metal Alchemist (2003-2004), and Gundam SEED Destiny (2004-2005), which are all big-budget titles. They all ran for a full year (~50 episodes). There's no reason not to think that Blood+ is in the exact same boat.
As for it getting the attention it deserves, Blood+ is incredibly popular in Japan, a big part of it being because it's in that timeslot. I've noticed that popularity has been steadily increasing for people watching raws/subs, but that's still nowhere near as high as any of the previous shows.

Edit: I dug this quote up off the Production I.G. site:
Quote:
Blood+ TV airing follows Gundam Seed Destiny in what is currently regarded in Japan as the Anime Golden Time, or the Saturday 18:00 time slot on TBS/MBS. This slot, considered unusual for animation and unable to bring high audience ratings, proved exactly the contrary with the huge success of Fullmatal Alchemist and then Gundam Seed Destiny, two series that gained a cult status especially among the female audience.
Quote:
*coughcough*
*points to sig link*

Last edited by Omniscient; 2006-03-11 at 20:50.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 16:29   Link #236
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think the reason why Blood is not receiving the attention it deserves is because it was licensed before there was time to build a North America fan base. GSD was licensed quickly too but it's a gundam series (the name itself is tagged with a certain fan base) and plus its prequel, GS, was licensed in the middle of the show not in the beginning.

In my opinion, North American company needs to learn to understand fansubs are a form of free advertisment for a series. They should really learn to give enough time for a series to establish a certain fan base before licensing.

Anyway... more thoughts on the new episode:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ori; 2006-03-13 at 10:32.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 19:12   Link #237
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Blood+ is in the same timeslot as Gundam SEED (2002-2003), Full Metal Alchemist (2003-2004), and Gundam SEED Destiny (2004-2005), which are all big-budget titles. They all ran for a full year (~50 episodes). There's no reason not to think that Blood+ is in the exact same boat.
That's what I meant by "It's not any old time slot!"

Quote:
As for it getting the attention it deserves, Blood+ is incredibly popular in Japan, a big part of it being because it's in that timeslot. I've noticed that popularity has been steadily increasing for people watching raws/subs, but that's still nowhere near as high as any of the previous shows.
Any idea of it's relative popularity (so far) considering its time-slot - compared to FMA for example? If I recall, FMA started out relatively slowly and become increasingly more popular.

Spoiler for quoting from your blog entry:

Spoiler for my comments:
Old 2006-03-13, 08:28   Link #238
chrno

Quote:

*coughcough*
*points to sig link*
Wow, didnt' know the show was really doing that well. Well, you got to admit 'Hagi' is definitley a fan fave of the "ladies" fare. I like 'Hagi' as well. Not because he looks like a pretty boy. I'm not into "pretty boy" shows.

Thank you for passing me that "blog". I KNOW THIS SITE! I think this was the one I found before don't know why I couldn't find it. It's just odd. I would type in 'Blood+' blog and I wouldn't get anything. Well, I'll keep your site bookmarked. I'm gonna need it for reading through raws for 'Blood+.

Thanks for the info.

Old 2006-03-13, 14:07   Link #239
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*coughcough*
*points to sig link*
Thanks for the cool link on the Production IG site and your blog is invaluable I'm relieved Blood + is doing well in the ratings, it can only encourage studios like Production IG into investing in and competing for peak time slots. Hopefully it will help raise mainstream anime out of it's current rut...
Old 2006-03-14, 15:36   Link #240
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
OMG at long last a Blood+ Soundtrack <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

*Preorders*

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural