AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-08, 11:47   Link #21
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

I read original novels. It have fantasy-like background. However, it resemble "Maria sama ga miteru". But it is science fiction.
This anime subject is growth of a girl. It includes imperial Court drama, travel story, boarding school story. And it include love story, too.
But I have bad feeling. It isn't enough 13 episodes. too short.
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 17:57   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I really enjoyed episode 1. I liked the backgrounds and the character design. I liked the setting and the characters, and the story so far.

And I loved Orikasa Fumiko as the lead. I haven't read the novel or the manga, so I don't know how she compares to the original, but I felt she made the character come to life, as she always seems to do.

And I was floored when I realized that the sister, the short lady in white, was being played by Saitou Chiwa. It seemed like a kind of role I hadn't seen her play before, and she made it work beautifully. Very pleasantly aristocratic.

And thanks for the information, mizuki_tohru. Marimite plus SF and travel sounds good to me. But I can see they are either going to have to develop the story quickly (as it seemed they did in episode 1) or leave things out.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:08   Link #23
wao
OK.

I thought he meant it resembled "Maria-sama ga miteru" in that it's based on a novel.

But I was thinking this was 24/26 eps (2 kuur, whatever) - it's only 13? What a waste! I really hope they don't rush things madly.
Old 2006-04-13, 21:54   Link #24
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It seems that the anime's first episode is a little different from what happened in the manga...Not that it's a bad thing, of course.
Old 2006-04-16, 09:37   Link #25
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki_tohru
I read original novels. It have fantasy-like background. However, it resemble "Maria sama ga miteru". But it is science fiction.
This anime subject is growth of a girl. It includes imperial Court drama, travel story, boarding school story. And it include love story, too.
But I have bad feeling. It isn't enough 13 episodes. too short.
At first i was confused because how can it become Maria sama ga miteru, a school setting anime. But after watching episode 2 and its preview, i understand what you mean. Hope it won't be boring.

Episode 2 is not as exciting as episode 1. maybe i am hoping for more adventure, and other fairy-tale like elements.

BTW, there is a web comics in the official site. Its a prologue to the anime
http://www.project-westwitch.net/spe...bcomic_01.html
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 11:38   Link #26
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
At first i was confused because how can it become Maria sama ga miteru, a school setting anime. But after watching episode 2 and its preview, i understand what you mean. Hope it won't be boring.

Episode 2 is not as exciting as episode 1. maybe i am hoping for more adventure, and other fairy-tale like elements.

BTW, there is a web comics in the official site. Its a prologue to the anime
http://www.project-westwitch.net/spe...bcomic_01.html
I've read the first three volumes of the manga (well, "read" as in "looked at the pretty pictures and occasionally dug out the dictionary"); we've pretty much covered a lot of the first two volumes with the first two episodes, and the third volume, while more "MariMite"-esque in that it's girls at boarding school, is slightly more exciting:

Spoiler:

But I think we'll have to wait a while until we get to some actual fantasy action; quite clearly there IS action in the pipeline, as there's the mystery of the Ephemeris and the other figures in the prophecy (while we can guess who the Witch and the King are, there's no indication of who the Fairy and the Bard (aside from the prologue) are as yet, and their journey to the city of ice will surely be more exciting), but the manga (and presumably the novels) is/are very talky anyway.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 16:36   Link #27
BluWacky
尻の竜

Episode 3 - the power of slash fic is a force for good!

And this has to be the most evil girl's student council trio ever; outright murder is a new one in my experience...

Plus we've got another show to add to the cross-dressing manifesto this season!

Why hasn't anyone subbed the show yet? This makes me sad
Old 2006-04-21, 20:02   Link #28
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky
Episode 3 - the power of slash fic is a force for good!

And this has to be the most evil girl's student council trio ever; outright murder is a new one in my experience...

Plus we've got another show to add to the cross-dressing manifesto this season!

Why hasn't anyone subbed the show yet? This makes me sad
ureshii subs its promo maybe they'll do the job.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 23:10   Link #29
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
ureshii subs its promo maybe they'll do the job.
Yeah, episode one will be out soon.
Old 2006-04-22, 17:01   Link #30
multani2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Yeah, episode one will be out soon.

Good news, i can't wait. It's my favorite show right now. There is only shadow left: the fact that this serie is only 13 episodes, but i don't think aniDB made a mistake.

Then the third episode was more serious with the murder commit by the evil trio. It's a shame that i didn't understand japanese for the little detail like what the teacher said when she rolls out the map.
multani2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:44   Link #31
wao
OK.

Holy carp, the episode made me go into fits of laughter twice...
Spoiler:

EDIT: I never really noticed what a seiyuu anime this is... Besides Orikasa Fumiko and Saitou Chiwa for main characters, the Sister is Tanaka Rie and Shizaria is The Mamiko, heck even Nakamura Chie, Saiga Mitsuki and Oohara Sayaka are here! Not to forget Athrun Ishida. Zoinks. Pretty good sound director though, I remember he did Kamichu! which was awesome.

Last edited by wao; 2006-04-22 at 23:21.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 02:23   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
...To be honest it sounds a wee bit contrived....
I had the same impression, even though I enjoyed the episode. It certainly felt quite Gothic, but that's for better as well as worse. Like in The Mysteries of Udolpho, many of the improbable events are emotionally pretty strong. It did feel as if they might be rushing things that needed more time to mature, trying to cram a whole story into too few episodes. Someone said that here before, and I've seen it said on 2channel.

But I think we're getting some pretty interesting characters and situations, as long as we suspend any disbelief and go along. In any case, the fast pace is enjoyable in its own way. And I think the voice supports the interesting character design to make Firiel a real person.
Spoiler:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-23 at 16:18.
Old 2006-04-25, 18:11   Link #33
Apocryphal

I have scanned the manga very quickly a while ago. Half of the time, I did not know what's going on. I cannot be absolutely positive, but I think the anime deviates from the manga quite a bit. For example, the impression I got from Roux in the manga is that he is continuously bedridden after volume 1, but in the anime, he is quite active.

For people who have read the manga closely, is there a deviation, or I did not read the manga careful enough?
Apocryphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 10:20   Link #34
JRY_RY
BLOOD ALONE

the manga was very interested to read, i've done with first 5 volmunes

and now I am on the novel, the beginning of the novel was pretty boring

but as the story develops, the plot gets more and more intense

of course, this show is one of my favorites in this season.

and Ureshii will do it for sure (since i requested it)

btw, EP 1 will be out soon

^^
JRY_RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 14:53   Link #35
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRY_RY
the manga was very interested to read, i've done with first 5 volmunes
I thought there were only 4 volumes out so far?

Anyway, YAY fansub! Watch, people, WATCH! (although AnimeSuki staff; it's Astraea, not Astrea, even thought most of the raws label it wrong; it's named in the show itself).

I haven't watched episode 4 really yet, although I've had a quick flick through. They've really slowed down the pacing now; episode 5 might finish off volume 3 of the manga, whereas 1 and 2 covered a whole volume in each episode pretty much. I've only read the first three volumes of manga so won't know what's coming next!
Old 2006-04-29, 21:21   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

episode 4 raw

After ep3, I wondered if this series was getting bit over-the-top. Maybe, but after ep4, I think it's a great series. The sudden human interaction at the end (not saying what) was very, very strong.

Listen to the variety, expression, and energy in Firiel's voice and then think of Chise (Saikano) and then think of Miu (Ichigo Mashimaro). What a voice actress Orikasa Fumiko is! And Hirata Hiromi as Roux is a revelation, even if she does play it on one note.
Old 2006-04-29, 22:20   Link #37
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Push this show to the fansubbed slot. A-keep just pushed out ep 1
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 22:53   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really enjoyed episode one. A bit of a deviation from the standard fare these days, going with a classic fairy-tale setup - nice background music, interesting character designs. I also thought the animation style was intentionally "old-fashioned" looking, which jibed well with the overall tone of the story. Definitely one I'll continue to follow, and probably the best (along with Jyu-oh-Sei and Ouran) of the April batch so far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 23:06   Link #39
wao
OK.

Ahaha... Kaoru Chujo, I quite agree with you. That particular scene at the end was kind of nice. Eheh. Even though Roux may seem a little uncaring or what not, there's always another side to him

And Firiel looks SO much better in a ponytail! What's with the getup in the next ep preview though? That rose-on-the-chest thing just adds to the whole Utena-ness of it all...

Anyway, can't wait to see what the result will be next ep. It's a standard show but fun enough anyway - what's that nun up to? I do wish this could have had 24 eps or something though..
Old 2006-04-30, 01:12   Link #40
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Nishi no Yoki Majo - Astraea Testament/ The Good Witch of the West

I serached all over for the topic I could not find it. If it is found maybe someone can merge them.

Until then I haven't found a plot that was written out that I could translate all the way.

Anyway I was shocked that one of the characters has my name. My name in real life is very uncommon. But for Gods sake why does some slut/villan? lady have my name XD. Leandra Cheviat:

Spoiler:

Like what the hell XD why couldn't I be a cute girl *sigh* On the plus side Rie Tanaka does the voice (Lacus-GS, Simca- Air Gear)
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote