AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 19:08   Link #1
NeoSam

Dai Mahou Touge

Based on a shounen manga.

http://www.punie.jp/

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Tanaka Punie is a transfer student from Magical World. She is a very mischievous princess whose martial arts is better than magic. Not to mention, she aims at the conquest of the Earth. Those who resist her will be pushed by the body language, or joint-lock.

Usually, she is a bit stupid and cute girl, but actually she is a cold-blooded princess who a very brutal and heartless.
Its based on manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Ace MomoGumi.
Site of the magazine: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/mag/momo/

There are 2 volumes available:

Dai Mahou Touge (Great Magical Gap)

Super Great Magical Gap

Genre: Shounen, Action, Comedy, Magic, Parody.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-04-01 at 12:50.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:44   Link #2
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I thought there would be more attention towards this anime, especially since it's directed by Mizushima Tsutomu, the director of Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu! Here is the opening animation for this anime:

mms://wmt-od.stream.ne.jp/tdf/public/touge/touge_op.wmv
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 14:44   Link #3
DaFool
Resident devil

Is it just me or do I get Dokuro-chan vibes from this? Since it's an OVA, expect lots of crass humour and bloodshed.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 15:52   Link #4
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Is it just me or do I get Dokuro-chan vibes from this? Since it's an OVA, expect lots of crass humour and bloodshed.
Yeah, the OP reminds me of Dokuro-chan too. When she's dancing against a backdrop of burning buildings.

I hope this is better than Dokuro-chan though.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 16:32   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'll check this out as the concept sounds entertaining. There aren't enough magical princesses who want to take over the world as main characters. However, if this turns out to be like dokuro-chan, I probably won't like it.
Old 2006-03-17, 20:25   Link #6
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm not a big fan of toilet humour and that's what I expect from this, but I'll give it a chance.

However, she'd better damn-well take over the world by the end. None of this "oh, I was wrong." crap.
Old 2006-03-18, 12:35   Link #7
eggplant
Eggplant

I just saw episodes 1 and 2 (OVA Volume I) and I'm thinking to myself, why are they showing this on free TV?

This special Anime-TV braodcast of Dai Mahou Touge aired all of the OVA'S featured program, save the ending, so I'm wondering like, who's going to buy the OVA then?

Anyway, my initial thoughts:
Spoiler for OVA I:

I wonder how many volumes of the OVA will be released, because simply by quality, the anime would be justified to fill another late night TV series slot.
At least that way, the viewers would be able to understand Punie's motives through character development.

Then again, I reckon this was inteded to be a gag comedy, where the plot would be secondary. From that standpoint, this type of drastic marketing may succeed in capturing the attention of some hardcore otakus.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 12:43   Link #8
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Okay then...suicidal vegetables that peel themselves prior to being cooked, extremely ugly school girls and a vindictive mascot that sounds like Barry White. I'm hooked.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 14:16   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

This makes Dokuro-chan look tame. I liked Dokuro, and I definitely liked the first episode of this. It reminds me of the fast-paced absurd humor of Puni Puni Poemi (clearly intentional, since the protagonist's name is Punie) and of Magikano. Mad magazine on steroids.

And did you realize that the deep-voiced tough chick is voiced by Kawasumi Ayako (Lafiel, Aoi, Matsuri, etc.)!!?? The director is Mizushima Tsutomu, who directed Dokuro and Jungle Itsumo and will direct XXXholic, and who worked on Genshiken, Kujibiki, Crayon Shin-chan, and Ichigo 100% OVA. The main voice actress, Satou Rina, played Tsutako in Marimite, and Negi (!) in Mahou Sensei Negima. Lots of positive comments about her over on 2channel. And her animal mascot is Saitou Chiwa (except when he's being played by the guy who played the count in Gankutsuou and Roy in Solty Rei; don't ask).
Spoiler for funny bits, not really spoilers:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-22 at 12:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 12:53   Link #10
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Anyone knows if this is lizensed?
And does any group sub this?
Old 2006-03-21, 23:55   Link #11
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Anyone knows if this is lizensed?
Nothing listed here:

-> http://www.animesuki.com/licensed.php
Quote:
Not sure. You could always check here: New Shows - Subbing List
Old 2006-03-22, 12:36   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
.... And does any group sub this?
No group is listed on AndrewLB's site, which is the place to look. You can also check the Who is going to fansub this series? thread. I hope someone does fansub it. It would be a shame if people who would enjoy it missed out. I'd class it with Puni Puni Poemi and Dokuro-chan...and maybe Monty Python and Trailer Park Boys. I found this first broadcast much funnier than Magikano.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-26 at 23:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 11:29   Link #13
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
The first two (1 & 2 are together) Eps. have recently been subbed by Kyuuketsuki.
Old 2006-04-01, 12:26   Link #14
termdex

Dai Mahou Touge

So cute...
very evil...

I'm torn...
termdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 12:27   Link #15
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I'll be downloading that today, is it any good? Like Nanoha and the rest?
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 12:37   Link #16
termdex

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
I'll be downloading that today, is it any good? Like Nanoha and the rest?
No, it's more like Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan...
Old 2006-04-01, 12:47   Link #17
termdex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
There's already a thread for this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26428
Oops. category read "... for Anime currently available in fansub."
There wasn't one for this anime so ...
Oh, well...
Old 2006-04-01, 12:51   Link #18
NeoSam

I added the covers of the manga to the first post :P
Old 2006-04-04, 13:24   Link #19
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I just saw this, It's Sailor Moon Meets Dokoru Chan! OMG It's so off the wall. I don't know, but it's definitely something to watch right after watching High School Girls.

That little mascot, hehehehe, I like how he went all School Days on her at the end.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 08:17   Link #20
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

As said, Dokuro-chan wasn't too up my alley but this most certainly is. I'm hooked although I do agree. Why the heck did they bother making it an OAV? A segemented TV series would've fit way better as it's not really all that violent (compared to many other combat-excentric animes on TV).

Oh, well. It's some good laughs, Punie is cute (looked pretty cool in the mascot villiage, too) the animation is pretty decent and I love the contrasting styles. But if I see that transformation scene one more time I'm gonna wretch.

I wonder who'd win in a fight between her and Dark Nanoha

Tags
comedy