AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-05, 08:47   Link #21
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

My vote's on Dark Nanoha, I don't know she just seems to evil and cunning to lose to Punie.

But, when everything's done, Nanoha can beat the crap out of both of them. She's the original, the prototype, the female Goku. She is invincible

PS That vegetable scene with Potato-dono was really funny
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 09:09   Link #22
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
So many people I know loved Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan ....though personally I don't know why ....that I had to check this series out.
Felt it was a lot slower and has less moments of "humour" however there were some classic scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
PS That vegetable scene with Potato-dono was really funny
The vegetables are the real stars of this anime!
Potato-dono rulz!
dan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:53   Link #23
Kyousuke

Punie is amazing.
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 17:42   Link #24
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
This makes Dokuro-chan look tame. I liked Dokuro, and I definitely liked the first episode of this. It reminds me of the fast-paced absurd humor of Puni Puni Poemi (clearly intentional, since the protagonist's name is Punie) and of Magikano. Mad magazine on steroids.

And did you realize that the deep-voiced tough chick is voiced by Kawasumi Ayako (Lafiel, Aoi, Matsuri, etc.)!!?? The director is Mizushima Tsutomu, who directed Dokuro and Jungle Itsumo and will direct XXXholic, and who worked on Genshiken, Kujibiki, Crayon Shin-chan, and Ichigo 100% OVA. The main voice actress, Satou Rina, played Tsutako in Marimite, and Negi (!) in Mahou Sensei Negima. Lots of positive comments about her over on 2channel. And her animal mascot is Saitou Chiwa (except when he's being played by the guy who played the count in Gankutsuou and Roy in Solty Rei; don't ask).
Spoiler for funny bits, not really spoilers:
Same here I found it absolutely hilarious!
I already liked Dokuro-chan, but this seems to be even better!
I'll definitely keep watching it.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:19   Link #25
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Self-peeling has already become a meme in an MMO group I run with

It means, of course, to put yourself in a defenseless situation of impending doom and expect your party to follow you there
Old 2006-04-05, 19:25   Link #26
Kyousuke

We need Punie GIF's.
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 22:02   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A sentient Potato peeling itself and then throwing self in the boiling curry pot is just too cruel. A mascot for the Mahou Shoujo voiced by the same seiyuu, Jouji Nakata, who has voiced Alucard from hellsing is just too cool. Macho chicks that looks like them..

...delivering agreeable violence is just too agreeable. Dai Mahou Touge is a winner just like the group that is subbing it.
Old 2006-04-06, 00:17   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
....Dai Mahou Touge is a winner just like the group that is subbing it.
Yeah, man! Kudos and thanks to Kyuuketsuki.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 04:17   Link #29
Flo
The Necessary Evil

This show made my WTF cravings happy. Curry rice arc is the best!

EDIT: Oh yeah...almost forgot, which magical chant do you prefer

"Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi~" or "Lyrical Tokarev! Kill Them All~"
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 13:19   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
This show made my WTF cravings happy. Curry rice arc is the best! EDIT: Oh yeah...almost forgot, which magical chant do you prefer "Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi~" or "Lyrical Tokarev! Kill Them All~"
"Kill them all" ftw, lol.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 18:39   Link #31
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Dokuro's annoyed me. Punie's made me laugh... once.
Old 2006-04-07, 19:14   Link #32
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
This had Dokuro-Chan written all over it.

Anyways, even knowingthis was being a clone of other show, I enjoyed some parts, and some other scenes were so stupid that that in the end turned into funny scenes.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:28   Link #33
Furudanuki

Dai Mahou Touge was my contribution at this week's get together of my anime-watching friends, most of whom also happen to be firearms enthusiasts. The reaction to "Lyrical Tokarev! Kill them all" was absolutely priceless. I will definitely be looking forward to the next episode.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 01:56   Link #34
SinsI

This anime features several cultural references like that Asakasa Sakura's DVD "Sayonara Blue Train". Any comments or extra information about them?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 09:28   Link #35
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thumbs up

Just watched this how last night. Don't know how I missed this one. I read the warning that stated that it wasn't for the weak. But then again after watching 'Bokusatsu Tenshi-Dokuro-chan', it couldn't be that bad. Though not as bloody and gorey as 'Dokuro-chan', watching people pull off wrestling moves that would choke a horse or people getting their limbs broken is still enough to make you flinch. I really wanted to see more.

What's going these days with the magical girl genre? Seems that it's all about poking fun at it and making these cute little girls of candy canes, and sugar coated pixie dust into happy go lucky mass-murderers with smiles on their face. It's scary all the while downright hilariously twisted.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 10:42   Link #36
eggplant
Eggplant

Volume 2 of the DVD will be out on June 23.

And as with volume 1, a special program featuring the contents in its entirety, save for the ending song, will be airing on June 17.

Although I didn't like it at first, Punie has certainly got a hold on me after a second viewing.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 12:19   Link #37
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant

And as with volume 1, a special program featuring the contents in its entirety, save for the ending song, will be airing on June 17.

Although I didn't like it at first, Punie has certainly got a hold on me after a second viewing.
YAY!!! I can't wait. More bonebreaking action. It's really entertaining I'll say.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 12:42   Link #38
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Damn, I wish they released the full OP and ED songs. Their lyrics were hilarious
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 12:57   Link #39
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Just watched this how last night. Don't know how I missed this one. I read the warning that stated that it wasn't for the weak. But then again after watching 'Bokusatsu Tenshi-Dokuro-chan', it couldn't be that bad. Though not as bloody and gorey as 'Dokuro-chan', watching people pull off wrestling moves that would choke a horse or people getting their limbs broken is still enough to make you flinch. I really wanted to see more.

What's going these days with the magical girl genre? Seems that it's all about poking fun at it and making these cute little girls of candy canes, and sugar coated pixie dust into happy go lucky mass-murderers with smiles on their face. It's scary all the while downright hilariously twisted.
Yeah, watching this helped fill the void Dokuro-chan left when it ended. Got to like mahou shoujo with a vast array of painful wrestling moves and a homicidal mascot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Good news, can't wait to see it
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 10:55   Link #40
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
We will see Punies little Sisters in the next episodes?

Spoiler for dual butt-slapping.:

Tags
comedy