AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-16, 12:27   Link #101
Srin Tuar
無謀

the buracon arc seems to be over, and kiriha is over it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manly_madonna
I keep wishing for one of the girls to jam one of their inventive weapons up his arse just so he can at least have something in place of that spine he doesn't have! There's being a total wimp who avoids confrontation at all costs and a person who is nice. Alice-lover here ain't the latter folks.

Cmon, he doesnt avoid anything.
Sure he cant henshin and plump his ass out and fly around:

He's the watcher.

Pimplike he watches the catfights.

When it is all over, he steps forward, to "take the book" out of the women who lost.

He has no hesitation, he just goes and handles his business.

in the last episode, when the defeated vine girl is laying prone on the road, he takes
his time having a conversation with his harem, before looking at the sprawled and helpless
defeated girl on the ground with a hungry glance. He says to arisugawa "lets get to work" as he
starts strutting over towards the helpless vine girl....
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:09   Link #102
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
*Sigh* You know, I've finally come to realise that whenever there's a so-called 'useless' protagonist or one with some sort of character flaw in him, a hell lot of people tend to complain endlessly, even me.

Episode 6 has indeed taken a step forward in terms of storyline. I'm still a little hopeful for a better storyline advancement or at least character development....
Old 2006-02-26, 13:16   Link #103
Xellos-_^
Married

Still not sure what the story is about but Ep8 has taken another step forward in terms of storyline and character growth. Looks like the Alice book collection has something dark behind it.
Old 2006-03-01, 10:45   Link #104
Xellos-_^
Married

I think I am the only still watching this

Just watch Ep9 last night. I thought the Alice book collection turing dark was just tempory, but it is continuing. Whether thy successed or not you got to give som eprops to the director and writer for moving this show form the usual harem/magical girl hijinks to something with a actual story. Really need soeone who can understand japanese to sumarize ep9 since I am not sure if that little girl die back then or it was just a mirage.
Old 2006-03-05, 01:36   Link #105
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Xellos-_^, we are all waitin for FB subs. many of us cant understand japanese very well :P. but yeh, just show ep 3+4. very funny / awesome eps. the new alices are so kawaii :>.

the character design is awesome. too bad the alice's only get 1 ep per show.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 13:18   Link #106
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I think I am the only still watching this
You're not the only one watching it now.

But more than anything, it isn't really a 'mind-blowing' anime, so I suppose it's normal to see not that many people watching...
Old 2006-03-05, 14:48   Link #107
molitar

I'm watching it also but since I still have to wait for episode 7 to be subbed I haven't anything new to say.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 09:27   Link #108
Mich666

I'm watching it too But only six episodes has been subbed until now... Nameless anime is probably dead but Frothbite continues... There is also Megami Anime... so not all is lost
Mich666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 14:10   Link #109
rale

Quote:
Really need soeone who can understand japanese to sumarize ep9 since I am not sure if that little girl die back then or it was just a mirage.
Spoiler for ep 9:

As for Aruto being spineless, it really couldn't be any less true. He puts himself in harms way more then once and gets knocked around for it. Unfortunately for him, the giant key-blade is mightier than the pen.
rale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 22:42   Link #110
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale
Spoiler for ep 9:

As for Aruto being spineless, it really couldn't be any less true. He puts himself in harms way more then once and gets knocked around for it. Unfortunately for him, the giant key-blade is mightier than the pen.
Thanks for the spoilers. (I think that's the first time I'm thanking someone for spoiling me, but what the heck. )

Spinelessness? Hmm...I thought it depends on the situation. If he intentionally puts himself in danger with the purpose of wanting to protect something or someone, I would remove that label from him. If not.....Aruto the Jellyfish.
Old 2006-03-08, 15:35   Link #111
Xellos-_^
Married

Ep 10 was quite intresting. Kiraha seems normal and it is Alice's turn to go bonkers. And those twin looks creepy in this episode. Taikon is finally back, the guy acts more like Akio more then ever.
Old 2006-03-15, 21:02   Link #112
Xellos-_^
Married

Episode 11

Episode 11:

Intresting stuff happening. Alice is frozen in a block of ice. The stalker finally reveal how obsesses she is. Riddle show us her evil side and Takion is expose as a coward. The twins are just creepy now. Wondering how exactly they will end this? Kagihime is what 12 Episodes or 13 Episodes.
Old 2006-03-15, 21:37   Link #113
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Kagihime is what 12 Episodes or 13 Episodes.
13 episodes I believe. Ep 10 & 11 sound interesting. Looking forward to them.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:10   Link #114
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
13 episodes I believe. Ep 10 & 11 sound interesting. Looking forward to them.
Episode 10 was awesome... I've watched 11, skimmed through 12, and 13 will air tomorrow night.

I know the fansubs haven't been released yet for the later episodes, but if anyone's interested, I have summaries and screencaps for the later episodes:

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

This series has become more interesting as I watched each episode... it's been disturbing, moving, and surprising.

Last edited by wrex_japan; 2006-03-24 at 11:43.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 08:07   Link #115
wrex_japan

Kagihime 11 & 12

In episode 11, the Alice Master and Riddle reveal their true intentions, while Kiraha and Kisa try to save Arisu. Ep. 11 spoiler summary and pics here.

Episode 12 has the battle to end the "Endless Alice Story," and each person comes to understanding their real feelings. It feels like an end, but there is one more episode to go... Ep. 12 spoiler summary and pics here.

I made a mistake with my earlier post... I thought episode 13 would play on Saturday night, but I got Kagihime confused with Kage Kara Mamoru. Episode 13 of Kagihime plays on Wednesday night... as I wonder if there will be some kind of twisted twist...

This show grew on me... I didn't really like it at first, but as I read up on Lewis Carroll's (Charles L. Dodgson) biography, I thought this show matched some of his perversion in spirit.
Old 2006-03-28, 11:16   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, this show really doesn't get very much traction around here (possibly because people saw the first episode and thought it was all about pointless fanservice), but it's gotten much deeper and more serious as it went along (which shouldn't surprise anyone, given the staff involved). I really enjoy what they did with the theme, and the characters, while certainly cliché, are still pretty enjoyable, I think. Given how much I loved what what Hikaru Nanase did on the D.C.S.S. score, that Kagihime is an extension in style doesn't bother me in the slightest - the music's great! The art and character designs are fairly simple, but definitely memorable for their colour and vibrancy - very much what you'd expect of an Alice-themed story. So overall, I guess my only "complaint" would be that I wish the show were longer so it could dig even deeper into the Alice world; there's certainly a lot more they could do there. But, still, it all adds up to a show that is, I think, a lot more interesting than people give it credit for. I'm looking forward to seeing how things go in the finale!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 11:45   Link #117
Xellos-_^
Married

Thank gid someone who knows japanese is finally summarising this. I was wondering why that girl form Ep8 seems to hate Aruto and went on a berserker rage when she saw him. It will be intresting to see what Ep13 is like. And if Asuka is right that Aruto and Kiriha's feeling for rach other. Now that it is only down to the 2 of them, all alone in thier house just by themselves. Wonder if they do any brother/sister stuff
Old 2006-03-28, 12:20   Link #118
philip72

Thanks alot wrex_japan, I was getting pretty curious about the rest of this story. Wonderful writing with the summaries BTW.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 16:08   Link #119
Guido

Short synopsis for the last episode.

Spoiler for A Golden Afternoon:

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/367859.htm
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 19:06   Link #120
wrex_japan

Quote:
And if Asuka is right that Aruto and Kiriha's feeling for rach other. Now that it is only down to the 2 of them, all alone in thier house just by themselves. Wonder if they do any brother/sister stuff
Although they both know they like/love each other, I think they both know it's not right. Besides, Kiraha's grown as a character, and she's not the same brother-obsessed girl she was in the beginning of the show. Aruto may have also originally loved his sister, but his love transferred over to Arisu....
Spoiler:
Anyway, I don't think they'll get into any monkey business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Thanks alot wrex_japan, I was getting pretty curious about the rest of this story. Wonderful writing with the summaries BTW.
Thanks! I spend a lot of time on my summaries, so it's encouraging when people read them.

Tags
kaishaku, kemonomimi, shounen