AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-04, 18:20   Link #401
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That really is such a shame. I want to own this series on DVD, though i don't even know if i want Viz's release after hearing this. Thanks guys for the heads up btw.

At least the manga's translation is a decent job.
Old 2009-11-04, 23:40   Link #402
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Honestly I've never been a big fan of Viz and I avoid their anime releases whenever possible (which usually isn't so hard because they tend to release series I don't care about) but I had to buy Honey & Clover. It's a shame to hear Viz didn't give it the release it deserved (they definitely had the time considering how long it took them to get it released).
They've been grabbing more and more stuff I like lately (plus if they have the license for a manga they usually grab the anime as well) but I really don't like how it takes them so long to put everything out. It certainly feels like it takes longer than some of the other companies.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:36   Link #403
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i'm thinking about starting this one up. i can clearly see it's worth watching from ANN's rating, but can someone tell me what emotions this one will put out of me?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:55   Link #404
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm thinking about starting this one up. i can clearly see it's worth watching from ANN's rating, but can someone tell me what emotions this one will put out of me?
Honey and Clover is a romantic comedy for young adults. It deals with people going to college, choosing a career path and their goal in life. The romance involved are more mature. It is no longer the "Both of us love each other, let's be a couple" type of romance.

While there are plenty of excellent comedic moment in H&C, you should be ready for something deeper than your regular lol anime.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:09   Link #405
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

that's good. cause its where i'm at in life too. and mature romances are always great. coupled with the fact that Racing the Night is possibly my second favorite anime song ever, and i guess this one is a winner for me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-02-24, 19:45   Link #406
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

hmm, Hagu's VA doesn't seem to fit, but everything else about this has me liking it. i am a MayamaxAyumi shipper.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-02-24 at 23:13.
Old 2010-02-25, 04:49   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm sure you'll get used to Hagu's voice eventually. I remember quite a few of us having the same problem, and it went away after a short while.

Doesn't help that i could never match a voice to her while reading the manga.
Old 2010-02-25, 05:07   Link #408
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Strange, I can't imagine any other VA voice acting Hagu. Then again, I was introduced through the anime to begin with. And Hagu was never really my focal point in the series.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 23:09   Link #409
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... this was the first series I encountered in my anime journey that stepped beyond the "high school get the girl" romance. Everyone had directions they were heading and relationships were complicated. Loved it when it was being aired, liked a lot of the interstitial music they used as well.

Hagu was interesting. I think it was having her being a pale blonde coupled with her petite nature that threw me off for a while. The voice acting really didn't bother me much as it seemed to fit her looks.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 02:44   Link #410
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

yeah, something about her stature seems off to me. but i'm really liking the series. I think Ayumi has one of the better character designs i've seen in recent shows. the art style in general is above average in my books, and the eyes for Hagu and Ayumi when they're not like O_o are beautiful.

and the insert songs are by far the best. i've honestly loved Yoru Wo Kakeru for years.

Old 2010-02-27, 04:35   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Will agree that the insert songs are by fat the best. The songs by Spitz especially.
Old 2010-02-27, 04:51   Link #412
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
and the insert songs are by far the best. i've honestly loved Yoru Wo Kakeru for years.
Yes, that was my favorite insert song. So amazing and it made the scene with Mayama and Rika so powerful.

Only insert song I didn't like was the one used for Hagu's accident. Didn't fit the scene at all.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 12:31   Link #413
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My favorite insert song would be 'Inaka no Seikatsu' from episode 12 of the second season. Hands down.
Old 2010-02-28, 20:49   Link #414
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i'll be so sad if Miyama and Ayumi don't get together. their constant bickering reminds me of Kou and Aoba actually. i'm only on 14 of the first season. i'm getting close and closer to 16 and my favorite song!

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-02-28 at 22:18.
Old 2010-03-01, 20:25   Link #415
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

through 3 of the second season.. i do not accept this Nomiya and Ayu relationship thing going on, nor the lack of Moriya.

i also disapprove of how selfish Miyama is.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-03-01 at 22:24.
Old 2010-03-01, 20:38   Link #416
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh... it keeps getting more complicated. No simple "choose the girl path" here at all.
But you knew that anyway
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 23:02   Link #417
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i think what makes me like the Ayumi and Miyama side of the series more than the Hagu and Takemoto side is
1. i don't really like Takemoto..
2. Ayu is soooo in love with Miyama. i honestly can't think off the top of my head of an anime where an unrequited love has persevered through a season and some extra. normally, a the girl or guy would have given up or accepted defeat, but Ayu keeps pushing, regardless of how much she hurts herself. and its because she's willing to go through that much pain for him that it kills me when she doubts herself and thinks about turning to Nomiya for comfort.

i get a dreadful feeling that it won't end well though. i've shipped the right pair for far too many series in a row, this one might sink

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-03-02 at 00:15.
Old 2010-10-31, 17:11   Link #418
tyciol
*Artist

Would it make any sense to watch the 2nd unlicensed series http://animesuki.com/series.php/838.html without having seen this original one?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 17:15   Link #419
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Would it make any sense to watch the 2nd unlicensed series http://animesuki.com/series.php/838.html without having seen this original one?
Viz has licensed both seasons of H&C actually (both seasons are on hulu but Viz's site only has the first season, although it looks like that won't help you) and season two is a direct continuation of the first season so it probably wouldn't make that much sense.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:25   Link #420
Tatsumi Saiga

Just started this and I really really am enjoying it.

It has a sense of realism (minus Hagu) that I don't remember seeing since watching 5 cm per sec.
Tatsumi Saiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina