AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-16, 15:40   Link #281
Mr. Guy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Since we are on the subject, are there any H-scenes for Caster and Rider. They are Hot
Spoiler for For answer to question which can be considered a game spoiler:
__________________
Mr. Guy is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 16:04   Link #282
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
It's useless to go ...I've never played the game nor have the slightest idea of where I can find those summaries...plus, thanks to the cgs i know how far sakura can get (and i don't mean the h...)

Moreover

Spoiler for quote from another forum /GAME SPOILERS:


I need some serious explanation about it
Spoiler for Answer to game spoiler with quasi-game spoiler:
__________________
mikemil828 is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 19:17   Link #283
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
[QUOTE=Xellos」Side Note on the VA: Anyone else thought Kaede's VA would suite Sakura a lot better. Not that Sakura's VA is bad but after hearing Kaede's va so much in Shuffle and noticing how similar the characters are. I just expcet to hear Kaede's VA and it don't help that Asa's VA is also in it.[/QUOTE]

If she can pull off Kasumi's voice in "Alien9," than I am happy with Shitaya Noriko doing Sakura in "Fate/stay night."

And what the heck is all these references to Shigure Asa's seiyuu? If you like the voice so much, remember her name: it's Itou Miki. The same person who did Mineba Zabi in "Kidou Senshi Z Gundam / Gundam ZZ," A-ko from "Project A-ko" (I wonder how many people on this board know about this classic anime) Mai from "Juushin Liger" (this Nagai Go flick kicks ass!). Her recent re-gain in popularity mainly came from doing Sachiko onee-sama in "Maria-sama ga Miteru."
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 21:35   Link #284
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Question.. since I've only played the demo game.. what is the story behind Archer? It's always bothered me.. supposedly he's an archer class but he doesn't have the ability to see far away and he fights with dual blades.. reminds me more of a thief or ranger class than an archer. And I know it's going to be a while in the anime before we get an answer if we even do in the series.
molitar is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 21:40   Link #285
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Question.. since I've only played the demo game.. what is the story behind Archer? It's always bothered me.. supposedly he's an archer class but he doesn't have the ability to see far away and he fights with dual blades.. reminds me more of a thief or ranger class than an archer. And I know it's going to be a while in the anime before we get an answer if we even do in the series.
If you want to know, ask in the game thread. Even so, I discourage that because it really spoils a lot. A lot of anticipation and excitement can just go poof.

Since this is the anime thread, abiding by the rules....

No one in the Fate anime here ever played the Fate game. For all we know, Archer may be Arjuna, Hang Tuah or even Robin Hood. [/sarcasm]

Sarcasm aside, patience is the best policy. Considering Nasu is involved in the anime production, I'd say there's at least 90% chance that we'll learn Archer's identity.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 21:59   Link #286
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
For those who've played the game or are familiar with the story paths on the other hand, it's how the anime will adapt most of the details into one cohesive plot that's going to keep one interested and excited.

Patience.... that's hard to come by right now.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:01   Link #287
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Florida
Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Yea I agree with Nightengale the story lines behind a lot of the characters are mega spoilers. So just follow what the anime tells you for now..

Also btw does anyone know a definite episode count or whats the current speculation to it.
__________________

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:09   Link #288
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Plus its the most unexpected so you definatly wont want to be spoiled

Hm I was wondering about this... The servant's classes dont exacally designate their weapons right? like you can have a servant that is the archer class use say a sword or something, so what are the pre requisites that determine what type of class a hero is?
__________________
demon_god04 is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:21   Link #289
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Hm I was wondering about this... The servant's classes dont exacally designate their weapons right? like you can have a servant that is the archer class use say a sword or something, so what are the pre requisites that determine what type of class a hero is?
Let me put it this way.

I suppose most of us here know about Lu Bu, the legendary chinese warrior from Three Kingdoms. He use a halberg, a polearm type weapon.That classified him as a Lancer type of Servant should he get summoned into a Grail War.

But he was also famous for riding Red Hare, a legendary stead. And that classified him as a Rider too.

Saber mentioned another example of this kind in the game. Her explanation is that a hero can be classified into many types of Servant should he excel in many forms of weaponary. But since there can only be one Servant of one class in any Grail War, it all depends of which class of Servants get summoned out first. To elaborate, I will take my earlier example, if there's another Servant of Lancer class get summoned out before Lu Bu does, Lu Bu will become a Rider if he got summoned out later
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:37   Link #290
Celes
Wanderer and oddball
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Quote:
I didn't even dare take a guess on Lancer, my knowledge of mystical lancer users is quite limited. But as for looks, I really don't think we can base off the Servant's true identity by what they look like. So even if the looks are way off I'd think one should still entertain the idea.
Very good point. There aren't many legendary heroes with blue hair after all. But if appearance means nothing... that throws even more wrenches in the mix.

I tried googling for legendary lancers (came up with nearly squat) until someone in the thread mentioned spears instead. Tried *that* and got a bit more (not much of a difference between both anyway).

Using strings like [spear/hero/magic/mythology] and combinations thereof, I got a bunch of really obscure figures, like Kaulu-laau (Hawaiian) a few unknown greek dudes, Lugh (Irish) and C Chulainn (the Hound of Ulster, also of Irish fame), and, of course, Odin/Wotan (his spear Gungnir).

If we completely disregard Servant appearance, Odin, Lugh, and C Chulainn would be the only decent choices in that list because of their prowess (funny fact: C Chulainn is Lugh's son ). Odin was a viking (love of combat and all and his spear Gungnir), Lugh had a magic spear, and so did his son C Chulainn (though not the same spear from what I can tell).

Of course, you know what they say about assuming things. Most likely I'm way off the mark.


PS - I've wasted almost an hour on this. I *need* a life.
__________________
Celes
Celes is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:40   Link #291
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Aside from their gender, Acher and Lancer should never ever be judged by their fashion taste.

They look like they could fit in Andromeda and Star-Gate SG 1.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 22:57   Link #292
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes
Very good point. There aren't many legendary heroes with blue hair after all. But if appearance means nothing... that throws even more wrenches in the mix.

I tried googling for legendary lancers (came up with nearly squat) until someone in the thread mentioned spears instead. Tried *that* and got a bit more (not much of a difference between both anyway).

Using strings like [spear/hero/magic/mythology] and combinations thereof, I got a bunch of really obscure figures, like Kaulu-laau (Hawaiian) a few unknown greek dudes, Lugh (Irish) and C Chulainn (the Hound of Ulster, also of Irish fame), and, of course, Odin/Wotan (his spear Gungnir).

If we completely disregard Servant appearance, Odin, Lugh, and C Chulainn would be the only decent choices in that list because of their prowess (funny fact: C Chulainn is Lugh's son ). Odin was a viking (love of combat and all and his spear Gungnir), Lugh had a magic spear, and so did his son C Chulainn (though not the same spear from what I can tell).

Of course, you know what they say about assuming things. Most likely I'm way off the mark.


PS - I've wasted almost an hour on this. I *need* a life.
All the names you came up with came form the europe. have try looking for names in asia. Like the bunch i listed earlier. The ones form the Romance of the Three Kingdoms are of which is very famous in japan due to the game form koei. And a lot of them are the lancer types.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now  
Old 2006-01-16, 23:10   Link #293
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Let me put it this way.

I suppose most of us here know about Lu Bu, the legendary chinese warrior from Three Kingdoms. He use a halberg, a polearm type weapon.That classified him as a Lancer type of Servant should he get summoned into a Grail War.

But he was also famous for riding Red Hare, a legendary stead. And that classified him as a Rider too.

Saber mentioned another example of this kind in the game. Her explanation is that a hero can be classified into many types of Servant should he excel in many forms of weaponary. But since there can only be one Servant of one class in any Grail War, it all depends of which class of Servants get summoned out first. To elaborate, I will take my earlier example, if there's another Servant of Lancer class get summoned out before Lu Bu does, Lu Bu will become a Rider if he got summoned out later
My question was meant more along the lines in that say Lu Bu was the first servant summoned would he be a lancer or rider? hows that determined? random chance? or some other factor
__________________
demon_god04 is offline  
Old 2006-01-16, 23:18   Link #294
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
My question was meant more along the lines in that say Lu Bu was the first servant summoned would he be a lancer or rider? hows that determined? random chance? or some other factor
If Lu Bu is the first Servant summoned, then he will be a Lancer. Since he was famous more for his weaponary skills. But if he got summoned later, then he will be a Rider.

The main point is, the Servants are grouped first according to what they are most famous in life for. If another Servant of the same caliber got summoned before that said Servant, then he will be grouped to what he is next famed for.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 02:41   Link #295
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The best assassins have to be known at least by the identity of someone that they killed or else they haven't done anything worth being called legendary. For instance, the killer of JFK is a worthy legendary assassin, even though we don't know his name. Even though we do not know his identity, he and any other possibility must definitely be in recorded history or legend.
(Question removed because people who played the game freaked at the question I asked)
__________________

Last edited by mikemil828; 2006-01-17 at 03:48.
mikemil828 is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 02:46   Link #296
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Florida
Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
For Assassin...
Spoiler for Game Spoiler:
__________________

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 03:07   Link #297
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
Who said that they had to be historical?
Ah, touche. But that's borderline in giving out too much hints, I would say.

This anime really needs to get their own section in its own series discussion section so that discussions threads per each episode can be split into those that have played the game and those who haven't or whatnot.

[edit]shit, that's right this anime is licensed in your country. Sorry - forgot about that. Then this can't be moved as it technically falls under the "licensed" category.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 03:17   Link #298
roan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
just like the mod said before, there's the thread in the game forum for spoilers...
roan is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 03:30   Link #299
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
This anime really needs to get their own section in its own series discussion section so that discussions threads per each episode can be split into those that have played the game and those who haven't or whatnot.
They (the mods) said not to badger them about it.

I won't 'hint', you won't badger, the mods stay happy, how that?
__________________

Last edited by mikemil828; 2006-01-17 at 03:58.
mikemil828 is offline  
Old 2006-01-17, 03:34   Link #300
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No offence, but all these hinting are getting out of hand. While they're not spoilers, they don't really belong here either.

Can't we create another topic, "Fate/stay night anime *gamers only*"?

And the topic of this title need to be edited. Remove the 'Announced!'
Nightengale is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.