AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-25, 18:03   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

13 episodes? Oh, hell no. It's going to be another Tsukihime debacle.

There's no way that they can fit the whole story into 13 episodes, so we'll obviously get a very stripped down and simplistic version.

That's a horrible shame.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-25, 18:44   Link #22
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
What is up with recent anime staff and their love for 12-14 episode length?

Jinki: Extend was made to be 12 episodes, and it crapped on the awesome manga series. It has an episode 13 that just keeps getting delayed again and again and again.

Tsukihime was a short series and crapped on the original.

And Demonbane is also going to be a 12 episode series, and I can tell you for a fact that there's no way it can be a good series in 12 episodes.

The only good 12-14 episode series that were good were KGNE and Lamune. Only because they didn't have as much going on as in the above three series. (of course, what they do have going on is awesome, but it's just one main problem/dilemna, not a whole bunch of things going on like in the above three series)

WTH, man?
Old 2005-12-25, 19:07   Link #23
Sakuya
*Artist

Well, what is Fate/Next Stage? At least hopefully, it will be a better adaptation than Tsukihime.
Old 2005-12-26, 03:11   Link #24
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
It's the most decent amount of length for one season that is available for a relatively good price at an obscure UHF channel in a timeslot where only otakus would care to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Well, what is Fate/Next Stage? At least hopefully, it will be a better adaptation than Tsukihime.
It means "Fate stay/night" has evolved to a new "next stage" as it progresses into a media platform called animation. Basically, it's just a catchy way of saying "Fate stay/night" will now be showing on TV less than two weeks from now.
Old 2005-12-26, 03:43   Link #25
DaFool
Resident devil

DCSS is 2 seasons each 26 eps, total 52 eps. Shuffle! is 26 eps.

Fate Stay Night outsold both Da Capo and Shuffle! H-games combined, if I am not mistaken.

Budget my @ss. Now if it's a conspiracy of the old-guard softhouses versus those n00bs from Comike who turn pro, I am willing to understand.
Old 2005-12-26, 03:58   Link #26
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
DCSS is 2 seasons each 26 eps, total 52 eps. Shuffle! is 26 eps.

Fate Stay Night outsold both Da Capo and Shuffle! H-games combined, if I am not mistaken.

Budget my @ss. Now if it's a conspiracy of the old-guard softhouses versus those n00bs from Comike who turn pro, I am willing to understand.
Softhouses themselves have rarely any say in the anime adaptation unless they too are involved in it. For example, softhouses for "Da Capo" (CIRCUS) and "SHUFFLE!" (Navel) are highly involved as they have media-mixes from serializing their manga on Comptiq magazine.

Have you taken a look at the credits? The producer for "D.C.S.S." is Mr. Matsumura Kazutoshi, who is also known as "Tororo Dancho" as the head honcho for CIRCUS. Heck, if the head of the softhouse is paying some cash for the anime, hell he can do whatever episode length he can afford.

But if the lead producer is a member of an animation studio, hell they'll do it at a length that they can afford.

In the end, it's the TV station that does the talking.

TV station: "You wanna do 26 episodes? Here's how much it's gonna cost you"
A: "uhh...I can't afford that"
TV station: "Sucks to be you ain't it? Hell, I have other shows lined up whose sponsors are willing to pay for that slot, rather than a lowly anime like you. Why don't you go talk to one of those obscure UHF stations like the rest of the lowly anime shows goes to?"
Old 2005-12-26, 08:03   Link #27
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135511852623.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512101799.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512371185.jpg
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/3/1135512575935.jpg

Last edited by xris; 2005-12-29 at 03:44.
Old 2005-12-26, 08:13   Link #28
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Softhouses themselves have rarely any say in the anime adaptation unless they too are involved in it. For example, softhouses for "Da Capo" (CIRCUS) and "SHUFFLE!" (Navel) are highly involved as they have media-mixes from serializing their manga on Comptiq magazine.

Have you taken a look at the credits? The producer for "D.C.S.S." is Mr. Matsumura Kazutoshi, who is also known as "Tororo Dancho" as the head honcho for CIRCUS. Heck, if the head of the softhouse is paying some cash for the anime, hell he can do whatever episode length he can afford.

But if the lead producer is a member of an animation studio, hell they'll do it at a length that they can afford.

In the end, it's the TV station that does the talking.

TV station: "You wanna do 26 episodes? Here's how much it's gonna cost you"
A: "uhh...I can't afford that"
TV station: "Sucks to be you ain't it? Hell, I have other shows lined up whose sponsors are willing to pay for that slot, rather than a lowly anime like you. Why don't you go talk to one of those obscure UHF stations like the rest of the lowly anime shows goes to?"
KJ I had actually posted this earlier in the Demonbane thread, full credit to you of course, because I remembered you said this same thing awhile ago before the forum fell. I have a feeling we need to post this in every thread for anime with 13 episodes

By the way Makube, great stuff....big..... *_*

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2005-12-28, 17:49   Link #29
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
hehe.....i dunno about you guys, but i'm hoping for some Tsukihime cameos...
Old 2005-12-28, 18:18   Link #30
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

13 episodes. Hmmm, quite short. At least it looks good so far.
Old 2005-12-30, 01:04   Link #31
Guido

To me the girl protagonist in those medieval attires looks like a Joan D' Arc.

It's definitely awesome!

Someone knows which studio's behind production.
Old 2005-12-30, 01:13   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

It's definitely awesome!

Good guess, but no. Saber is definitely a legendary European warrior, but she isn't Joan D' Arc. In fact, Saber might even be insulted for you to confused her with a French. If Joan D'Arc ever meet Saber,(a possibility in this universe) they would most certainly not get along.

National identity matters to both these people. And that would likely remain even though both would have passed on.
Old 2005-12-30, 01:34   Link #33
NaNash|

Quote:

It's definitely awesome!

It's TYPE-MOON and Studio Dean.

I just wonder will it be as good as Tsukihime.
Old 2005-12-30, 01:40   Link #34
Guido

Just for starters, could someone here please be so kind as to explain me what's the story?

And what's the deal with the Saber girl?
Old 2005-12-30, 01:50   Link #35
NaNash|

Emiya Shirou is a highschool boy who lives in Fuyuki City. His parents died in a fire when he was young, after that he was adopted by an old man who refer himself as a sorcerer, but he died too.
What Shirou doesn`t knew, is that the underground of Fuyuki City is the place of a great war.
When the time is right, sorcerers from near and far gather with their Servants - the summoned spirits of heroes so mighty they exist outside of time - and fight a war for possession of the Holy Grail, a relic said to grant its owner a wish. The true names of the Servants reveal their weaknesses, and so they are usually referred to by a classification of type instead; Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin.

One day, Shirou saw a fight between two servants, Archer and Lancer.
To preserve the secrecy of the war, Lancer mortally wounds him; but a girl who up until now seemed a normal classmate of his, Tōsaka Rin, saves his life using a magical pendant.
On his way home, Lancer attacked him again. Just before he`s about to die for good, the servant Saber appears before him, greeting him with the words "Are you my master?"

~Taken from http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=3348
Old 2005-12-30, 01:57   Link #36
Guido

Don't you think the whole war for the Holy Grail is somewhat clichéd?

Could the author have thought of a more original idea?
Old 2005-12-30, 02:28   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Don't you think the whole war for the Holy Grail is somewhat clichéd?

Could the author have thought of a more original idea?
Do you even know why the story is the way it is?

The whole point is to have legendary heroes from across time, space and myths all meeting and fighting for a great prize. The Holy Grail was one of the few things famous enough to fit the prize bracket. Anyway, it's not so much the Grail as what it grants...

And anyone who knows anything about Saber will know why the script writer would consider the Grail as the obvious prize for the story.

Every "Summon" has a true identity, which they would try to conceal for their own benefit. If people know who they really are, people would have an idea of how to defeat them. If you don't know who Saber is, I certainly don't want to tell you. I offered enough clues as it is. Just read this post and the post I made above to figure it out...
Old 2005-12-30, 02:41   Link #38
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103

Jinki: Extend was made to be 12 episodes, and it crapped on the awesome manga series. It has an episode 13 that just keeps getting delayed again and again and again.

Tsukihime was a short series and crapped on the original.

And Demonbane is also going to be a 12 episode series, and I can tell you for a fact that there's no way it can be a good series in 12 episodes.

The only good 12-14 episode series that were good were KGNE and Lamune. Only because they didn't have as much going on as in the above three series. (of course, what they do have going on is awesome, but it's just one main problem/dilemna, not a whole bunch of things going on like in the above three series)

WTH, man?
agree with most but lamune is a good 12-14 ep series? the whole series blew, sorry. the game itself may have been alright but the anime was bad. and there are some decent 12-14 ep animes out there as much as there are lots that failed.
Old 2005-12-30, 02:44   Link #39
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Is it really certain that it's only 13 eps? Last time I checked, the first 13 episodes were listed, but without the "final" marker, thus keeping the hope of 26 alive.
Old 2005-12-30, 03:28   Link #40
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
agree with most but lamune is a good 12-14 ep series? the whole series blew, sorry. the game itself may have been alright but the anime was bad.
It was a story of a young couple and it ends with a young couple.

If anyone can figure out from who I based those words on, you've been a good reader of history. If not, tough luck, it's no wonder many people don't understand anime like Lamune.

And as for FSN's 13 episode count, it's pretty much been written on stone for 7 different stations so yeah, it's official. At least, in a business perspective...

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
Closed Thread