AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 01:51   Link #1
NeoSam

Petopeto-san

While this series has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Petopeto downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Petopeto fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Petopeto.
  • Asking for playback help for Petopeto episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)
---
A moe~ novel, manga and anime.

Both the novel and manga are serialized in the bishoujo magazine Magical Cute. (bishoujo magazines are targeted at male audience, fanservice or no fanservice, anything in these magazines are targeted at male audience).

Its the same magazine that serialized the moe~ manga Bottle Fairy.

http://www.petopeto.com/

Last edited by xris; 2006-05-13 at 04:57.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 10:34   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

This is a wonderful series, one of the best of the year if you like a moe romantic comedy with heart.

In this show, "monsters" (youkai, Japanese demons) are allowed to go to school with humans. Petoko is a cute little "petopetosan" youkai. Petopetosans are ero-youkai that quietly stalk men. But Petoko is only in junior high and hasn't become interested in such things yet, unlike her mother. The story revolves around the mutual attraction between her and a boy (Shingo) who keeps trying to arouse her interest, while she seems only to want to be friends.

Petoko is voiced by Ueda Kana (Yumi in Marimite, Mikan in Gakuen Alice), and she does a great job. The OP and ED by Saneyoshi Isako and the music by Mellow Head are terrific. The super-moe character designs by YUG are another great attraction of the show.

ANN page
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 21:43   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's back!

I'd just about given up, but Doremi-Spork has finally graced us with episode 7. This show is just as wonderful as I remembered it - great opening and closing music and credits, and a terrific series sandwiched in between. There's just something totally irresistable about these characters - for my money, Petopeto-san is even better than Kamichu (to which it's often been compared). It's too bad this series didn't make more of an impact, but that doesn't make it any less great.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2006-02-26 at 21:54.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 22:41   Link #4
Srin Tuar
無謀

There used to be a long-running thread about this show.

Though there are some less interesting arcs of the story, but this series is one of my favorites.

**Is this show's torrents indexed by animesuki or no?
I cant find it
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 23:10   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
There used to be a long-running thread about this show.

Though there are some less interesting arcs of the story, but this series is one of my favorites.

I cant find it
It's a media factory series, so there are no torrents here. It isn't that hard to find though.

Anyway, it's a great series. I look forward to more releases.
Old 2006-02-27, 01:06   Link #6
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I cant find it
It's a Media Factory show. You might want to read this:

-> Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 22:50   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

8 is out!

I defy anyone with a soul to watch an episode of this show and not get a smile on their face at least a few times. Just not possible.
Old 2006-03-09, 23:30   Link #8
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
8 is out!

I defy anyone with a soul to watch an episode of this show and not get a smile on their face at least a few times. Just not possible.
Very well put. This is a good show to have around just for if you have a bad day at work.

Glad to see the fansubbers haven't forgotten this--episode 8 was interesting:

Spoiler:
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 23:45   Link #9
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 00:06   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-10, 00:33   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
...This series pulls off the amazing feat of being completely lacking in cynicism without being cloying or saccharine. It's like a chef who uses ingreditents that, in the wrong hands, would be too sweet or too heavy - but their touch is so deft that the final preparation is light and perfectly balanced.
Very nicely put.

And yes, I think Petoko likes Shingo. I think she just doesn't quite understand romantic feelings -- yet. Perhaps that strange innocence is part of how the show avoids being either cynical or cloying.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2006-03-10, 00:57   Link #12
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I wonder if Shingo himself is an Ero-monster

He's like a magnet for a horde of underaged girls of various species. Basically one that works everytime he opens his mouth >_<
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 01:17   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
I wonder if Shingo himself is an Ero-monster

He's like a magnet for a horde of underaged girls of various species. Basically one that works everytime he opens his mouth >_<
Perhaps he has the kavorka?

Shingo is the perfect male protagonist for this show. He (like the series itself) is completely lacking in guile or cynicism (plus a deft touch in the kitchen ). However, he's strongly endowed with empathy and courage and, presumably, that makes him a hit with the ladies. Plus, his competition isn't exactly top-drawer, you have to admit...
Old 2006-03-10, 20:31   Link #14
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yah, Jeremy (a faceless youkai) and the computer nerd along with his gay buddy doesn't really put up much competition in the guys category, although Kanna's brother is quite a stud.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 16:36   Link #15
Ryuujin

episode 9 is out.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 04:17   Link #16
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

That is correct, and it's a highly enjoyable episode with Petoko acting as "Police Chief for a day" in Ayukawa town.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 22:46   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

YAY!

Any day with a new Peto fansub is a very good day. Doremi rocks!
Old 2006-04-22, 22:37   Link #18
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This may be the most inexplicable anime I've seen. I can't quite figure out the thought behind it - everything about it is sort of bizarre and often silly, and nothing ever happens in a predictable, straightforward way. So, I can't see the plan - but the end result is always perfect. The deeper meanings are always clear, never lost in the silliness but never spelled out broadly - just always there, seeping into your consciousness so that by the end of the episode, you're strangely moved. I have no idea where I'm going, but it's always a great ride.
Old 2006-04-23, 01:02   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
This may be the most inexplicable anime I've seen. I can't quite figure out the thought behind it - everything about it is sort of bizarre and often silly, and nothing ever happens in a predictable, straightforward way. So, I can't see the plan - but the end result is always perfect. The deeper meanings are always clear, never lost in the silliness but never spelled out broadly - just always there, seeping into your consciousness so that by the end of the episode, you're strangely moved. I have no idea where I'm going, but it's always a great ride.
Very good description of an inexplicably wonderful anime. What we're talking about is Art. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and effects are made below the level you are fully conscious of.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-23 at 01:36.
Old 2006-04-23, 02:02   Link #20
Autumn

This is such a cute anime, i really love it.

Shingo got to be one of the most likeable male protagonist that has a harem.
And petoko is so cute, Ueda Kana did such a good job voicing petoko.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, fantasy, romance, shounen