AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-01, 16:43   Link #61
vcerman
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
18&19 OVAs are GREAT!!.....it is almost a miracle that after previous bad written and animated OVAs(especially 16&17) came such a good work...new OVAs are really dramatic....Sorry for this little spoiler-but i cant help myself....... GO IKKI GO!!!

Last edited by vcerman; 2006-03-13 at 04:37.
vcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 08:35   Link #62
saintric_21
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
isnt it because they were directed by kurumada himself? thats probably why they were the best of the bunch
saintric_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 04:44   Link #63
arsenalwow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Saint Seiya lost its touch

I'm a bit disappointed with inferno.

The new voice cast is just not experienced enough to properly portray the emotional impact the characters had back in the days.

I've seen Saint Seiya numerous times for years now, and I recently watched from the beginning to the end, everything under short amount of time and watching it this way as opposed to memory, it's easier to notice things.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed with their decision to change voice cast. Does anyone know the reason for the change? I've read the thread and someone mentioned inner polictics?

I think the new seiya personally is a great voice actor, considering his style for bleach, but thats exactly why it's just not the same. For one Saint Seiya have always been serious with great depths to emotion, shiryu lost his vigor within his voice. Shun is just a bit queer now. Seiya is just not what Seiya should be like. It's getting more of a punk than a warrior who rise for the honor of his friends.
The biggest lost in my opinion is Seiya and Shiryu, they're just not the same character anymore. And often time I feel like these new voice cast are slacking a bit, especially during fights when they're in pain, it's not as convincing as the old cast. The previous episodes were convincing, engaging plus connecting with the audience on a emotional level. These core elements were lost in the new chapter and I hope they would either improve it or restore the original cast for the best.
I definitely think the new voice actor arent bad in terms of personal skills, they're just not experienced or good enough for the roles of Saint Seiya. I'm surprised people find the new voice convincing, maybe it's something to do with bleach? lol

If anyone disagree with me, you could try watching some of the old ones and the new ones all within 1-2 weeks and you'll notice these things and should find them annoying.

Just my opinion though.

Does anyone know the link for the petition to bring back old cast?
arsenalwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:06   Link #64
saintric_21
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
unfortunatley you can't post links for petitons on here but its not worth it anyway the old cast will never be brought back (plus if they did it would bastardize this series of inferno episodes even more plus it would rule out any more future saint seiya chapters ie - zeus)

I definatley agree with you that there is no emotion in this saint seiya.the only bit close to the old days was when lyra orpheus died.I think the plan for the cast was to keep seiya's old VA Tora Furuya and re-new the rest of the cast but Tora Furuya said if they go I go! and so it was kurumada had no choice but to replace them all.

Seiya's new VA is the best out of the lot by far I havent seen bleach so maybe thats why I like him :
saintric_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 07:22   Link #65
Zico
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I've recently seen some of the original old episodes. I must agree the new voicecast is clearly more experienced.
Zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 00:55   Link #66
Sepiraph
Arayashiki
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: On the Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
PThe fact that Kanon was not wounded at all, and The Shield been a factor of power reduction for the 3 golds, are not related, the reason why he could received this Attack and not been wounded is directly tied to the Gold Cloth, as in later chapters it is made clear.
Nevertheless, it is true that the 3 Gold Saints have their power reduced and therefore their attacks cannot harm Ramadanthys. If this was not so, Ramadanthys would have been defeated before he even executed his Greatest Caution. Also the reduction of the 3 Gold Saints' power also directly caused their defeat to Ramadanthys and one can strongly argue that Greatest Caution would not be able to defeat either one of them (Milo, Mu, or Aioria) under normal circumstances.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 10:01   Link #67
vcerman
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Question

Does anybody know, when will be out next OVAs??
vcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 16:34   Link #68
lilwins
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
The reason why Kanon wasnt hurt by Radamanthys attack..

The reason Kanon wasnt hurt by Radamanthys attack for ya ignoratnt poeple out there wasnt becuz of his gold cloth or becuz of da fact he could move at the speed of light, it was becuz he never got hit by it at all, it was all an illusion.. (u can see when Kanon is behind radamanthys how he was controling the illusion with his finger) radamanthys realizes this and when the other specters come to tell him of pandoras wishes he tells them dat even if there were a hundred of them they wouldnt be able to defeat him...
lilwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 03:26   Link #69
vcerman
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwins
The reason Kanon wasnt hurt by Radamanthys attack for ya ignoratnt poeple out there wasnt becuz of his gold cloth or becuz of da fact he could move at the speed of light, it was becuz he never got hit by it at all, it was all an illusion.. (u can see when Kanon is behind radamanthys how he was controling the illusion with his finger) radamanthys realizes this and when the other specters come to tell him of pandoras wishes he tells them dat even if there were a hundred of them they wouldnt be able to defeat him...

Oh yes.....i watched this part once again.....and you are right....whole scene was only Kanons illusion....really smart from Kanon...as you can see later, in chapter 19 , greatest caution is no longer problem for Kanon because he had already learnt how to neutralize this technique....
vcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 11:39   Link #70
lilwins
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcerman
Oh yes.....i watched this part once again.....and you are right....whole scene was only Kanons illusion....really smart from Kanon...as you can see later, in chapter 19 , greatest caution is no longer problem for Kanon because he had already learnt how to neutralize this technique....
Yes thank tou for proving my point finally someone else knows da truth out there!!!
lilwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 15:10   Link #71
Lars
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Saint Seiya Chapter Inferno

Hi, i'm new and i was wondering if any fansub group (spectre anime in particular) was interested in dvd copies of saint seiya Inferno for fansubbing regarding that there are deleted scenes on the dvd that were not used in the tv version shown on wowow pay tv


Greetings, lars
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 15:52   Link #72
Lars
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabi
Seiya's new voice actor (Ichigo from Bleach) tries to do a sort of Seiya voice, only to slow slip back into his Ichigo voice by second episode... ^^;

I could barely notice any difference between original and new Shun...

The other three haven't talked enough for me to wonder about them yet...

Kanon sounds like he's trying to be Uchiha Itachi (though Ryotaro Okiayu actually voiced Aoi in that filler episode) o_o

Wyvern Rhadamantys sounds very familiar though... oh wait, he's Yakitate Japan's KUROYAN! XD If he starts talking about bread all of a sudden, I'm gonna die of laughter...

the new voice actors are horrible. i can't understand why you think they are better then the previous ones. those guys dubbed a series counting 114 episodes, 4 movies and the first 13 oavs. they are the soul of the characters. you crie out loud when 4kids for example dubs something... with the voices ect ect ect... but when it's done in japanese it's ok. do you call yourself real fans of a show?

Hearing seiya is just like watching to bleach... Shun doesn't sound male for a bit anymore... he sounds very very very girlish. imaging that he had the same voice actor as Vegeta for his original voice... and the animation is very limited... compare the new oav with the first 13 and you'll notice the difference.

The problem is that Toei animation doesn't believe in the potential of saint seiya anymore. The only reason it is beeing released is thx to kurumada who wants a part of the Hades chapter animated but in return Toei animation wants to animate ring ni kakero. you may notice that first oav series 1 came, then Ring ni Kakero, then Chapter Inferno, and now Ring ni kakero 2, and afterwards a new SS chapter (if the sales are ok which I doubt because a voice actor change is something japanese fans don't like. a voice actor can only be replaced when he passed out...
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 18:05   Link #73
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Radamanthys wasn't actually using all his power when he fought Mu, Milo and Aioria. Kanon states that in the manga. He tells Radamanthys "So that's why you could fight Mu, Milo and Aioria without using even a tenth of your powers". Of course Kanon is exaggerating somewhat since he afterwards tells Radamanthys that he'd not have defeated them so easily if the force field hadn't been there, when Radamanthys asks Kanon if he was implying that he couldn't have defeated them without the force field.

He could easily take on any of the 3 if you ask me, but not on the 3 combined. Maybe Aioria would give him a fight, but Radamanthys could beat Mu and especially Milo one on one. Of course, he's still not as powerful as Kanon, Shaka, Dohko and Saga, the strongest Gold Saints. Kanon pretty much humillated Radamanthys, I don't want to know what someone like Shaka would do to him.

Minos and Aiacos are stronger though, I believe those two are on Saga and Shaka's level.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:48   Link #74
pongie
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia, Sydney
Send a message via ICQ to pongie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars
Hi, i'm new and i was wondering if any fansub group (spectre anime in particular) was interested in dvd copies of saint seiya Inferno for fansubbing regarding that there are deleted scenes on the dvd that were not used in the tv version shown on wowow pay tv


Greetings, lars
deleted scenes!!! now you got me started...
pongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 07:44   Link #75
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST

He could easily take on any of the 3 if you ask me, but not on the 3 combined. Maybe Aioria would give him a fight, but Radamanthys could beat Mu and especially Milo one on one. Of course, he's still not as powerful as Kanon, Shaka, Dohko and Saga, the strongest Gold Saints. Kanon pretty much humillated Radamanthys, I don't want to know what someone like Shaka would do to him.
Mmm... I'm don"t think so...
First Mu is a very powerful Gold Saint since he was able to crush Death Mask and Aphrodite without a scratch. I think he would have win against Radhamantys.
R is indeed powerful but Kanon's gold cloth allowed hiw to take the Greatest Caution without any damage... Gold Saints have the same protection and I don't think that R' attack is able to kill Mu with one blow. And if you consider the fact that a same attack doesn't work twice (in particular on a smart gold saint like Mu), Radhamantys has nothing left against the gold Saint.
And remember what Kanon did with Radhamantys the first time they fought. He blocked his movements. But Mu's psychokynesis' power is the strongest amond the gold saints' (except his master Sion and friend Dôko of course).

Aiolia may win too, but would have more problems.

To my mind Jugdes are more or less at the same level as powerful gold saints like Aiolia, Mu or Shaka... but not at Saga's one (I don't talk about Sion and Dôko who can't take the 3 alltogether )

About those new eps... thet suck. It's only a copy/paste of Kurumada's manga with no animation (or very poor animation). Too bad they made Tenkai (even if it was a good movie) before Hades Inferno.
I hope that Toei will do a better job one the last chapters... And I don't want them to work on Episode G's anime (if there will be a EpG anime... but why not ?)
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 09:41   Link #76
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Mmm... I'm don"t think so...
First Mu is a very powerful Gold Saint since he was able to crush Death Mask and Aphrodite without a scratch. I think he would have win against Radhamantys.
R is indeed powerful but Kanon's gold cloth allowed hiw to take the Greatest Caution without any damage... Gold Saints have the same protection and I don't think that R' attack is able to kill Mu with one blow. And if you consider the fact that a same attack doesn't work twice (in particular on a smart gold saint like Mu), Radhamantys has nothing left against the gold Saint.
And remember what Kanon did with Radhamantys the first time they fought. He blocked his movements. But Mu's psychokynesis' power is the strongest amond the gold saints' (except his master Sion and friend Dôko of course).

Aiolia may win too, but would have more problems.
In Saint Seiya, everything is dependant on cosmos. I don't think Mu's is as strong as Radamanthys, and I believe he's even a bit overrated. If you've read the manga, you'd see his state after receiving Camus most basic technique, Diamond Dust. And also how much trouble he had against Myu who isn't anywhere near Radamanthys' level. Mu's Stardust Revolution is pretty crap too, Crystal Wall itself as a technique is nothing great, his strongest points are his teleporting and Starlight Extinction. In any case, Mu does have much better techniques than Radamanthys and he might just beat him because of that, but I don't think it'd be easy. Psychokinesis will do nothing if Mu's cosmos is inferior, either. But I do think he has a shot.

Aioria would maybe beat him though, mainly because he's as stubborn as a mule. Milo would just be crushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
To my mind Jugdes are more or less at the same level as powerful gold saints like Aiolia, Mu or Shaka... but not at Saga's one (I don't talk about Sion and Dôko who can't take the 3 alltogether )
I actually rate Shaka as the strongest gold saint. If you asked me to rank them, I'd say:

Shaka
Saga/Kanon
Dohko/Shion
Mu/Camus
Aioria
Shura
Aldebaran
Milo
Deathmask/Aphrodite

I believe Shaka, Saga and Kanon (Ikki states in the manga that Saga and Kanon are equal when he's fighting Kanon in the Poseidon arc) are above Dohko and Shion. Saga and Shaka are probably roughly equal though. And the first 5 are well above the rest if you ask me.

I think the judges are as powerful as high level gold saints. Kanon probably beat Radamanthys because they're most likely pretty close cosmos-wise but Kanon has much better techniques. Aiacos knocked him down pretty easily with his Galactic Illusion though, so he has to be a little stronger than Radamanthys. Minos is pretty powerful as well but for people who haven't read the manga I don't wanna spoil them, unless anyone is interested, in which case I'd just use spoiler tags on a later post. ^^

As for Ikki, that's more spoilers, but I'd say that after (actually, during) this fight with Aiacos, he becomes well stronger than any gold saint, including Shaka and Saga.
__________________

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-04-18 at 10:33.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:49   Link #77
Lars
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongie
deleted scenes!!! now you got me started...
in episode 2 of inferno there is a scene were Saga (or is it Kanon lol) paralizes radhamanthys. i'm waiting for dvd 2 to arrive to see what else has been cut. in the previous oav series the same thing was done starting from oav 2 like in inferno
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:59   Link #78
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
It's Kanon. First, he receives his Greatest Caution. Then, he gets up, and afterwards, he paralyzes Radamanthys and laughs at him, then tells him he'd actually just paralyzed him and he was gonna give him his real Gen ma rou ken and force him to take him to Hades after.

Kanon DID receive Radamanthys' Greatest Caution, that wasn't an illusion...it just didn't hurt him that much.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 15:42   Link #79
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
In Saint Seiya, everything is dependant on cosmos.
I don't think so... When Ikki fought Shaka he push his cosmos highter than Shaka's... but he didn't win... He just tryed selfdestroying and end with Shaka between 2 demensions... Shaka was able to come back but not Ikki (since Shaka asked Mu to bring him back).
Mu's cosmos was highter than Myu but without psychokinesis, he would not have been able to escape Myu's Fairy Throning. Myu's cosmos may be lower than the gold saints but his specific skill that nobody except Mu (and maybe Shaka and Kanon) would have done great disaster if Mu wasn't the one who fought with him... remember what Niobe did to Aldebaran, remember how Kasaa owned Seiya, Shun and Hyoga, how Seiya lost against Rune and Pharao.
So you may have greatest cosmo, if your skills don't allow you to counter attacks which are not based only on horse power (Starlight Extinction, Psychokinesis, Tenbu Horin, Another Dimension, Fairy Throning, Deep Fragrance etc...)... you may not win.

Quote:
I don't think Mu's is as strong as Radamanthys, and I believe he's even a bit overrated. If you've read the manga, you'd see his state after receiving Camus most basic technique, Diamond Dust.
I read the manga and I also saw him doing "Steven Seagal" with Death Mask and his less powerful attack swallowing the strongest attacks of 2 gold saints (his most powerful attack is Stardust Revolution). He defeated one of the most powerful specters (Giant said that Myu's power was feared... by all Specters (including the Judges)... so I don't think that he is over-rated (but Shaka...)
I saw his state... but I also saw that he was shocked to see Camus attacking him and he didn't react. See what happened to Milo... he took Saga's Galaxian Explosion but had no scratch... because he hold back his Antares to take Saga's one. In real fight against Radhamantys, I don't think that he would be as hesitant as he was against Camus...

Quote:
Mu's Stardust Revolution is pretty crap too
His most powerful blow...

Quote:
Crystal Wall itself as a technique is nothing great
Not only it protects Mu but it turns back the attack to the sender... And the defense can adapt to the blow Mu has to counter (Crystal Net against Fairy Thoning).

Quote:
Psychokinesis will do nothing if Mu's cosmos is inferior, either. But I do think he has a shot.
Kanon's one was able to imobilize Radhamantys... and Mu's is the strongest among the gold saints. Nothing to do with cosmos beacause Old Roshi's one was able to cancel Sion's when he was holding Mu.

Quote:
Shaka
Saga/Kanon
Dohko/Shion
Mu/Camus
Aioria
Shura
Aldebaran
Milo
Deathmask/Aphrodite
Well... I dunno if you know the Taizen encyclopedia but it is an official data book holding informations about the character's fighting abilities... and it says that.
- Sion's abilities are perfect (since Dôko is Sion's equal, same for him)
- If Sion fought Saga with his young body, Saga would never have killed him.
- Saga's power is the strongest of the new gen Gold Saints.

So the top would be :
- Sion/Dôko
- Saga/Kanon
then I would put :
- Shaka/Mu
- Aiolia/Camus
- Milo/Shura/Aldebaran
- Death Mask and Aphrodite

About Radhamantys' power...
Spoiler:
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:12   Link #80
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Mm, refreshing. A Saint Seiya debate - didn't think I'd find that here. I'm having fun, you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
I don't think so... When Ikki fought Shaka he push his cosmos highter than Shaka's... but he didn't win... He just tryed selfdestroying and end with Shaka between 2 demensions... Shaka was able to come back but not Ikki (since Shaka asked Mu to bring him back).
Ikki couldn't win against Shaka because he was basically a zombie and only his 7th sense remained. Both ways, that's right - Shaka could've come back and left him there when he regained conciousness, or finished meditating, or whatever the hell he did in those 5 hours, but he asked for Mu's help to bring Ikki back since he couldn't do that himself.
Anyway, with Ikki's power after he revived from Aiacos' Galactic Illusion, he could roast Shaka with his Ho yoku ten sho , but he could probably do that to any human by that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Mu's cosmos was highter than Myu but without psychokinesis, he would not have been able to escape Myu's Fairy Throning. Myu's cosmos may be lower than the gold saints but his specific skill that nobody except Mu (and maybe Shaka and Kanon) would have done great disaster if Mu wasn't the one who fought with him...
The thing is that Myu is actually a very powerful opponent and he'd smoke several gold saints. Shaka, Dohko, Saga, Kanon and Shion would probably smoke him though...maybe Dohko would have problems with his psychokinesis but then again I can't see Myu taking a Rozan hyaku ryu ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
remember what Niobe did to Aldebaran, remember how Kasaa owned Seiya, Shun and Hyoga, how Seiya lost against Rune and Pharao.
So you may have greatest cosmo, if your skills don't allow you to counter attacks which are not based only on horse power (Starlight Extinction, Psychokinesis, Tenbu Horin, Another Dimension, Fairy Throning, Deep Fragrance etc...)... you may not win.
Niobe did that to Aldebaran because he attacked from behind. Same about Kaysa with Seiya, Shun and Hyoga; he attacked while they were defenseless. As for Seiya, he has no dimensional abilities and normally his cosmo is at a bronze saint level generally. He can't control it as well as Ikki or even Hyoga. He just has the highest peaks when he does release his power.
But I do agree that it's skill dependant as well. That's why Kanon was able to humillate Radamanthys. He only has one technique and it's not that great, so even if he has raw power, Kanon owns him in every sense. It just so happens that if your cosmo is low compared to your opponent, your skills aren't going to work so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
I read the manga and I also saw him doing "Steven Seagal" with Death Mask and his less powerful attack swallowing the strongest attacks of 2 gold saints (his most powerful attack is Stardust Revolution). He defeated one of the most powerful specters (Giant said that Myu's power was feared... by all Specters (including the Judges)... so I don't think that he is over-rated (but Shaka...)
I saw his state... but I also saw that he was shocked to see Camus attacking him and he didn't react. See what happened to Milo... he took Saga's Galaxian Explosion but had no scratch... because he hold back his Antares to take Saga's one. In real fight against Radhamantys, I don't think that he would be as hesitant as he was against Camus...
Yes, to a point Camus had the surprise factor, but you have to consider that Shura had already attacked him. I don't think his resistance is much to be proud of, but that's just me. Also, Starlight Extinction is an indirect attack, probably one of the best techniques in all of Saint Seiya. In any case, of course Mu would kick Death Mask's ass. Mu is a very powerful warrior, and Death Mask is a pretty pathetic warrior with a decent technique. I don't know how he even became a gold saint.
Milo was able to survive Galaxian Explosion because Mu warned him it was coming so he didn't receive the full impact. Else, with Saga's power, I think we'd have had Milo turned into cosmic dust, like what he did to Ikki.

As for Stardust Revolution, I really don't think it's his most powerful blow. It couldn't even kill Myu on his basic state. Starlight Extinction has killed anything it's been used on, though. Shion's Stardust Revolution, however, is a different matter...that thing IS powerful.

Finally, Shion's Crystal Wall, and we both know that he's more powerful than Mu, was destroyed by a 261 year old Dohko with his Rozan hyaku ryu ha, who was well below Shion's power at the time. The technique itself is just not that powerful. It's true that it's a good technique in the sense that most saints don't have a defensive technique to begin with, and that it returns all the attacks that don't overpower it, but I don't think it's a very strong wall. I gotta agree that what he did against Myu by turning it into Crystal Net was pretty awesome though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Kanon's one was able to imobilize Radhamantys... and Mu's is the strongest among the gold saints. Nothing to do with cosmos beacause Old Roshi's one was able to cancel Sion's when he was holding Mu.
Alright, can't quite argue with that. I don't think what Kanon used was psychokinesis though...it was a mental blow, like his Gen ma rou ken (if that's how you say it, correct me if I'm wrong please, I only remember the translated version from the manga >.>), or Ikki's Gen ma ken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Well... I dunno if you know the Taizen encyclopedia but it is an official data book holding informations about the character's fighting abilities... and it says that.
- Sion's abilities are perfect (since Dôko is Sion's equal, same for him)
- If Sion fought Saga with his young body, Saga would never have killed him.
- Saga's power is the strongest of the new gen Gold Saints.

So the top would be :
- Sion/Dôko
- Saga/Kanon
then I would put :
- Shaka/Mu
- Aiolia/Camus
- Milo/Shura/Aldebaran
- Death Mask and Aphrodite
It's exactly because I have seen the taizen that I'm saying Shaka is the most powerful. The pentagon thingies only signify how skilled a saint is in a certain area - punch, kick, throw, use of weapons and mental abilities IIRC. The taizen states that Shaka's cosmo is the most powerful among gold saints, and from what I know Kurumada also stated that Shaka is the strongest gold saint in an interview. And he also has an extra page in the taizen dedicated to himself - "kami ni chikai otoko Shaka", AKA "Shaka, the man closest to a God".

Besides, you could see that from the manga itself. If Saga was really more powerful than Shaka, he wouldn't have needed to use Athena Exclamation and lose his honour as a gold saint in order to break his Ten bu hou rin, he could've broke it with his own power. He already has the 7th sense unlike Ikki back then, so his cosmo just isn't as strong as Shaka's. Shaka also stopped a Diamond Dust, an Excalibur and Saga's ken by using his Khan. I do think that if Shaka were to fight Saga one on one under different conditions it'd be a bit of a tossup though...but Saga's only weapon against Shaka is Galaxian Explosion, since Shaka is well better in mental abilities and Another Dimension means nothing to him. He could probably kill Shaka with Galaxian Explosion, but Shaka could kill him with his own techniques too.

Shaka also has some of the best techniques, even physically, so unlike Radamanthys he can put his power to good use. I don't know if you take Episode G into account, but it's stated that Shaka can reach a supernova level with his Ten ma kou fuku, which is as powerful as Saga's Galaxian Explosion and Aioria's Photon Burst. Riku dou rin ne, Khan, and Ten bu hou rin are also great.

Among other things, the taizen also states that Orphee is more powerful than the gold saints, the kyotos, and that he could've pushed Hades with his power o.O. And it also says that Aiacos is probably the best kyoto in a general level and he could've killed Kanon in one blow with his Galactic Illusion if Radamanthys hadn't stopped him. And personally, I don't think Radamanthys could be that far in raw power, he just has a mediocre techinque...but cosmo-wise, I'm willing to bet he's on Kanon and Saga's level, maybe a bit below, but not much weaker than that.
__________________

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-04-18 at 17:31.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.