AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 08:02   Link #2681
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. That sort of thing always reminds me of the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 10:58   Link #2682
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Tsumugi Brand Pickled Radish On Sale Next Month

Perfect for the upcoming CNY's reunion dinner. Plus it is a great gift to couple with white lilies for your girlfriend if you are a female.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 13:16   Link #2683
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
It's not really news. But I feel the strange urge to post this.
Spoiler for NSFH (not safe for health):
...... hawt
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:21   Link #2684
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking Avtar linked to 9/11

US Could Create ‘Avatar’, It Could Fake 9/11 Attacks.
Old 2010-01-24, 23:18   Link #2685
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
>_< What a stupid assumption by him! Lets remember that this was 9 years ago, Avatar was probably no more than 9 weeks ago. It proves that CGI has come a long way over the years, not that they can stage an attack on the towers. I'm so fed up with people blaming the federal Government for the attacks. Reality is that there are no towers, no World Trade Centre, and all that stands at the moment is a memorial. Lets remember, if it were staged, then someone would've uncovered it a LONG time ago.

Bush did not have a reason to cover up the deaths of tens of thousands of people: the end.
Old 2010-01-25, 16:21   Link #2686
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Avatar was a MOVIE, 9/11 was about PLANES that crashed into towers. I don't get the connection.
Old 2010-01-25, 18:47   Link #2687
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... everyone in New York would have to be "in" on the conspiracy as well as all the human contacts of those people. At some point you just need to slap the lights out of the "tin foil hat conspiracy" loons. There are plenty of *real* bits of subterfuge in the world but usually coupled with heaping amounts of incompetence and buffoonery.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 19:11   Link #2688
Woopzilla
Desensitized

You would need a Geass to pull off a plot like that.

But seriously... is he implying the US displayed some uber 3D hologram and fooled us all? Are the Twin Towers actually covered by huge newly developed stealth generators? Perhaps, they've been demolished by now to keep the plot under wraps.
Old 2010-01-25, 20:11   Link #2689
Seitsuki
Onee!

They had people walking through the rubble, are they in on it too? Or are some density dispersion shields being used as well?
Idiots like him need to learn from justinstrife and be more tolerant. I was gonna stick in an emote but this is too serious so no emote you can't come in D:
Old 2010-01-25, 23:37   Link #2690
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

*sigh*

It's a moments like these that remind me that we sometimes deserve the "news" we get. We laugh and make fun of comments without trying to understand the background and context behind them. Tun Dr Mahathir's comments — bizarre and definitely incendiary though they are — had been quoted out of context in the blog post highlighted above. I'd already posted about Dr M's speech five days ago in the News thread here: 9/11 was staged, Mahathir says

Quote:
On another issue, Dr Mahathir said he supported the plan to set up the inter-faith council as it could help promote effective understanding among religious groups in the country. Such a council, he said, would provide a platform for people to talk about sensitive religious matters reasonably without taking it to the streets.
The above, in my opinion, adds a very different nuance to what Dr M probably meant to say through his entire speech, full versions of which have not been published online, as far as I can tell.

The man may be highly controversial, and I don't personally like his politics, but he is also nothing if not an extremely canny politician. Dr M has long been known for his vehement anti-Zionist views, but he is also the one man who had been most responsible for keeping a firm lid on racial and religious tensions in Malaysia throughout his 22 years as the country's prime minister — a fragile state of affairs that appears to be falling apart in Malaysia because of the recent arson attacks on churches, a Sikh temple and two mosques this month.

In other words, while his 9/11 comments are totally outlandish and completely out of line, they are very much in keeping with Dr M's populist tactics. He meant those words for a domestic audience, and he doesn't really care much what the rest of the world thinks.

And, when it comes to Malaysian politics, Malay identity and the Malaysian approach to Islam, I'd say that Dr M is a far more complex man than his words make him out to be. He was a strongman that Malaysia may be nostalgic for at this time, given its tense political environment over the past two years.

Laugh and ridicule him if you want. But bear in mind that you're playing into his hand by doing so. And bear further in mind that, despite his bluster, Dr M is paradoxically more moderate on religious issues than many of his political successors.

Mass media rightly gets criticised all the time for the way it projects news, but bear in mind that it's the way we read and interpret the news that is really to be blamed, rather than the platform that delivers the message.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 04:54   Link #2691
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
*sigh*

It's a moments like these that remind me that we sometimes deserve the "news" we get. We laugh and make fun of comments without trying to understand the background and context behind them. Tun Dr Mahathir's comments — bizarre and definitely incendiary though they are — had been quoted out of context in the blog post highlighted above. I'd already posted about Dr M's speech five days ago in the News thread here: 9/11 was staged, Mahathir says

The above, in my opinion, adds a very different nuance to what Dr M probably meant to say through his entire speech, full versions of which have not been published online, as far as I can tell.

The man may be highly controversial, and I don't personally like his politics, but he is also nothing if not an extremely canny politician. Dr M has long been known for his vehement anti-Zionist views, but he is also the one man who had been most responsible for keeping a firm lid on racial and religious tensions in Malaysia throughout his 22 years as the country's prime minister — a fragile state of affairs that appears to be falling apart in Malaysia because of the recent arson attacks on churches, a Sikh temple and two mosques this month.

In other words, while his 9/11 comments are totally outlandish and completely out of line, they are very much in keeping with Dr M's populist tactics. He meant those words for a domestic audience, and he doesn't really care much what the rest of the world thinks.

And, when it comes to Malaysian politics, Malay identity and the Malaysian approach to Islam, I'd say that Dr M is a far more complex man than his words make him out to be. He was a strongman that Malaysia may be nostalgic for at this time, given its tense political environment over the past two years.

Laugh and ridicule him if you want. But bear in mind that you're playing into his hand by doing so. And bear further in mind that, despite his bluster, Dr M is paradoxically more moderate on religious issues than many of his political successors.

Mass media rightly gets criticised all the time for the way it projects news, but bear in mind that it's the way we read and interpret the news that is really to be blamed, rather than the platform that delivers the message.
If I am not wrong, you are not allowed to enter Malaysia with an Israeli passport.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 22:08   Link #2692
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

World's most miserable-looking fish going extinct
Quote:
Melbourne (Jan 26): Scientists fear that the blobfish, which can grow up to 30cm, is in danger of being wiped out by over-fishing in its south-eastern Australian habitat.

The fish, which lives at depths of up to 800m, is rarely seen by humans but it lives at the same depths as other ocean organisms, such as crabs and lobsters and other edible sea creatures. As a result the fish, which is inedible, is being dragged up with other catches by trawler fishermen.

Marine expert Professor Callum Roberts, from the University of York, said the strange-looking blobfish had plenty to be miserable about. Prof Roberts, who wrote the book The Unnatural History of the Sea, said: "Blobfish are very vulnerable to being dragged up in these nets and from what we know this fish is only restricted to these waters.

"The Australian and New Zealand deep trawling fishing fleets are some of the most active in the world, so if you are a blobfish then it is not a good place to be. A very large amount of the deep sea is under threat from bottom trawling which is one of the most destructive forms of fishing."

- TELEGRAPH.CO.UK
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:08   Link #2693
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Murder victim ran into knife 7 times

Apple unveils new slate device, iPad

Man massacres 33 dogs
Old 2010-01-28, 00:06   Link #2694
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
You would need a Geass to pull off a plot like that.

But seriously... is he implying the US displayed some uber 3D hologram and fooled us all? Are the Twin Towers actually covered by huge newly developed stealth generators? Perhaps, they've been demolished by now to keep the plot under wraps.
On the basis that the twin tower fall down straight, like those building demolition using bombs to reduce the building into a pile of rubble, I do believe the 9-11 attack is staged.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:17   Link #2695
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
On the basis that the twin tower fall down straight, like those building demolition using bombs to reduce the building into a pile of rubble, I do believe the 9-11 attack is staged.
The reason that buildings fall down straight in demos is that
1- it requires the least amount of explosives and
2- there is minimal debris scattered around the surrounding area.

Did you expect the building to simply be blown over? It's still a couple thousand tonnes of concrete, steel, glass and whatever. It simply fell down straight because the supports at the top were destroyed causing some floors to collapse, these made the weakened slightly lower supports give way then as momentum and mass builds the rest underneath give way too. If the towers had simply blasted apart THAT would have been staged. You'd think one of the couple thousand employees would have noticed if explosives were being carted up.
Old 2010-01-28, 00:36   Link #2696
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
The reason that buildings fall down straight in demos is that
1- it requires the least amount of explosives and
2- there is minimal debris scattered around the surrounding area.

Did you expect the building to simply be blown over? It's still a couple thousand tonnes of concrete, steel, glass and whatever. It simply fell down straight because the supports at the top were destroyed causing some floors to collapse, these made the weakened slightly lower supports give way then as momentum and mass builds the rest underneath give way too. If the towers had simply blasted apart THAT would have been staged. You'd think one of the couple thousand employees would have noticed if explosives were being carted up.
the planes crashed on different floors and different sides. If the pillars are to collapse the floors on top should topple over to that side, not straight down. The fuel in the planes are burnt up once the planes hit the building.

In fact i believed that theory you said above, right up to the moment I read more physics books. And stopped to think.

carted up? you think your dear us government is so stupid to let you see those carts of explosives being carted up? They aren't daft.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 01:11   Link #2697
Azuma Denton
~AD~

China renames 'Avatar' mountain in honour of film
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8480954.stm

LOL...
"Avatar Hallelujah" Mountain.

What will we got next??
Next habitable planet will be named Pandora??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 01:11   Link #2698
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
carted up? you think your dear us government is so stupid to let you see those carts of explosives being carted up? They aren't daft.
Please God, Thou who art known as Google the Great, bestow thy wisdom upon the ignorant, and shut these damn 9/11 conspiracy myths the **** up!

Also known as, please read. A great number of experts have done research into debunking the myths, explaining things that might tinkle your skepticism bone, and finally, I'd like to remind everyone that the US government was not and is not nearly competent enough to pull a Lord Asriel on our collective paranoid behinds.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 04:33   Link #2699
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
That's.... such a sad little bit of organic misery....

It'd be fitting if his little brain were churning manic happy thoughts the whole time he's depressing everyone who looks at him.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 06:15   Link #2700
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
the planes crashed on different floors and different sides. If the pillars are to collapse the floors on top should topple over to that side, not straight down. The fuel in the planes are burnt up once the planes hit the building.

In fact i believed that theory you said above, right up to the moment I read more physics books. And stopped to think.

You need to read those physics books again, and try to understand them this time. A building is not a solid object like a tree. When you cut a piece of a tree off, the part falling has enough strength to hold together as it falls. As a result, it will fall over to the side. A piece of a building that's falling does not have that same strength because it's essentially hollow. As it falls, the pieces break up under their own weight, so they don't topple over like a tree but collapse in on themselves. Further, engineers and architects design them in a way to maximize the chance of collapsing in on themselves, since they realize a building toppling over is a bad thing. In short, what happened on 9-11 is how buildings are supposed to fail.

As for the government not letting people see those explosives, you do realize that people worked in those buildings, right? Have you ever seen how much work goes into wiring a building to blow? It's not a simple matter of sticking a bit of c4 on a structural pillar then covering it up. It's a huge effort that leaves very noticeable evidence that something's been done. It is not something they could do without people noticing.

Further, even if they could somehow manage to do it in secret, someone involved would have talked by now. Conspiracies on that scale need a lot of people to carry them out. There's lots of reasons for someone to expose it, a guilty conscience for being involved in killing so many innocent people, feeling like the other conspirators screwed him wanting revenge, wanting to brag about being involved in something like this, ect.

So, no you are not thinking when you believe in a conspiracy theory, you're doing the opposite.

Tags
humor, news