AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-28, 02:20   Link #2881
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Giant Rat on plane cancels Air Canada flight

The sequel to Snakes on a Plane, there's even mention of another cancelled flight in there too.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 03:25   Link #2882
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Giant Rat on plane cancels Air Canada flight

The sequel to Snakes on a Plane, there's even mention of another cancelled flight in there too.
Actually it is quite unfunny if the rat decides to make a mess in the board electronics (there are miles of cable build into airliners... cables from main processing units to back ups/sensors etc... would you want to risk, that a rat cuts some of them to feel more at home?)
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 04:29   Link #2883
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No, which is why they should release the third installment: "snakes and rats on a plane". The snakes will hunt down the rats. Hopefully.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 05:50   Link #2884
JMvS
Rawrrr!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CH aka Chocaholic Heaven
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Maybe 1 flaw per film is a bit limiting in science fiction films but in other genres it would be alright. Things that annoy me the most are exploding cars and bright sparks/flashes on bullet impacts.

They do well for mentioning The Core, it's rather amazing: http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/core.html
Yeah I remember watching The Core: I couldn't stop laughing all along. Since I'm an Earth Scientist, all those Disaster Movies are more like Comedy/Parody for me...
__________________
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 10:49   Link #2885
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Some people in 2ch(Japanese online forum) insults some Korean guy killed by some Russian gangsters. And some Koreans get angry at this, and they attack 2ch by using the most basic DDoS attack(pressing F5 infinite times). They manage to bring most of the servers down within an hour. As a result, 2ch shuts down for a day(This is the reason why most of 2ch's servers were down yesterday). Japaneses try to attack Korean president's site in the same way, but fails. But they manage to bring down VANK, a site that promotes Korea.

This is like an annual event between some Koreans and Japaneses. Last time it happened, it started because of some people in nida forum insulted Korean people killed by Taliban(sp?). It's quite fun to watch from a third person's point of view, but I can't help feeling that this fight is kind of pointless.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 11:11   Link #2886
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Some people in 2ch(Japanese online forum) insults some Korean guy killed by some Russian gangsters. And some Koreans get angry at this, and they attack 2ch by using the most basic DDoS attack(pressing F5 infinite times). They manage to bring most of the servers down within an hour. As a result, 2ch shuts down for a day(This is the reason why most of 2ch's servers were down yesterday). Japaneses try to attack Korean president's site in the same way, but fails. But they manage to bring down VANK, a site that promotes Korea.

This is like an annual event between some Koreans and Japaneses. Last time it happened, it started because of some people in nida forum insulted Korean people killed by Taliban(sp?). It's quite fun to watch from a third person's point of view, but I can't help feeling that this fight is kind of pointless.
kinda like a NEET olymipcs
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 12:12   Link #2887
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
kinda like a NEET olymipcs
Hikkikomori Olympics you mean. NEET do go out every once in a while, while hikkis stay at home all day and orchestrate this very basic F5 DDoS attack.

Hikkilympics sound quite cool. So does NEETlympics.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 12:21   Link #2888
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
This is like an annual event between some Koreans and Japaneses. Last time it happened, it started because of some people in nida forum insulted Korean people killed by Taliban(sp?). It's quite fun to watch from a third person's point of view, but I can't help feeling that this fight is kind of pointless.
Did someone read something positive about 2chan, every time I heard of tht forum it's always about think like that.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 14:31   Link #2889
Woopzilla
Desensitized
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LV-426
Age: 27
Heh yea, the only times I hear of 2ch is when some random racist or xenophobic statement was made and another person took huge offence.

So, the Koreans didn't have a rallying website to target... and the Japanese posters decided to target a government website? I suppose that was bound to fail as they've probably bolstered their online defences incase N. Korea ever decided to launch cyber attacks.

Going by that, national pride seems to be pretty high there...

Tit for tat fights are quite sad.
__________________
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 14:45   Link #2890
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Heh yea, the only times I hear of 2ch is when some random racist or xenophobic statement was made and another person took huge offence.

So, the Koreans didn't have a rallying website to target... and the Japanese posters decided to target a government website? I suppose that was bound to fail as they've probably bolstered their online defences incase N. Korea ever decided to launch cyber attacks.

Going by that, national pride seems to be pretty high there...

Tit for tat fights are quite sad.
especially by neets and hikkos who 90% of are parasites on their parents.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 15:59   Link #2891
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, USA / Seoul, Korea
Here's a brief timeline of what happened from a Korean POV (not by me). This was as fun as watching Anonymous vs Scientology (although I think the attacks this time was dumb).

1. A Korean student gets beat to death by Russian thugs.
2. Insulting posts on 2chan circulate in Korea.
3. Talks of attacking 2chan gain momentum in Korea's websites DC Inside and HumorUniversity, and command posts are set up on Naver (a Korean web portal) and Afreeca (a Korean real-time video streaming site).
4. March 1st, a public holiday in Korea, at 1pm KST attacks start on 2chan and 2chan becomes unreachable.
5. Since Japan wasn't on holiday, 2chan retaliation starts at 6pm, by attacking VANK and the Korean president's website, both slowed but survive.
6. Civil war breaks out within DC Inside and DC Inside becomes unreachable. Afreeca kills the command post.
7. 2chan attempts to attack Naver, but its IRC command post is shut down.
8. Korea's Naver command post is still live, and on 8pm attacks resume on 2chan.
__________________
Currently Watching:Is the Order a Rabbit?, No Game No Life, Precure Series
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 16:08   Link #2892
Woopzilla
Desensitized
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LV-426
Age: 27
Reading that makes it sound pretty epic and co-ordinated with all sorts of factions and alliances. What a war!

-Casualties: Thousands of sore fingers from pressing F5 repeatedly.
-Numerous AWOL after getting bored of mashing a button.
-Infrastructure damage estimated at a few hundred F5 keys.
__________________
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 19:00   Link #2893
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
As far as I heard, DCinside and HumorUniversity were enemies for a long time...(just for those who don't know, people of DCinside and 2ch has a lot in common. Both are infamous within their countries. You can call DCinside '2ch in Korea' I guess.) Another reason why this 'war' happened is because 2ch insulted Yuna as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Reading that makes it sound pretty epic and co-ordinated with all sorts of factions and alliances. What a war!

-Casualties: Thousands of sore fingers from pressing F5 repeatedly.
-Numerous AWOL after getting bored of mashing a button.
-Infrastructure damage estimated at a few hundred F5 keys.
lol, but the thing is, they use a program to refresh like 500 times per sec or something. So no physical damages to fingers and keyboards =P 2ch is still down at the moment tho'
It seems that VANK was attacked once before by 2ch(I think that war started because Yuna defeated Mao. Am I right?) so that's why they were able to defend themselves this time. And president's site had gone through a DDoS attack before. But still, VANK was down for an hour tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Did someone read something positive about 2chan, every time I heard of tht forum it's always about think like that.
Well, aside from the fact that 2ch insults practically everything in every way that human language can, it's quite a fun place to stay once you get used to the atmosphere. People swap jokes, play forum games, and you can hear about the spoilers for latest manga chapters. It's just that some of the forums there are really really weird.

Last edited by primuler; 2010-03-01 at 19:36.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 19:43   Link #2894
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Well, aside from the fact that 2ch insults practically everything in every way that human language can, it's quite a fun place to stay once you get used to the atmosphere. People swap jokes, play forum games, and you can hear about the spoilers for latest manga chapters. It's just that some of the forums there are really really weird.
Even people off their medications need a forum apparently... I'm just sometimes amazed they don't drown in their own toxic mud.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 20:07   Link #2895
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Here's a brief timeline of what happened from a Korean POV (not by me). This was as fun as watching Anonymous vs Scientology (although I think the attacks this time was dumb).

1. A Korean student gets beat to death by Russian thugs.
2. Insulting posts on 2chan circulate in Korea.
3. Talks of attacking 2chan gain momentum in Korea's websites DC Inside and HumorUniversity, and command posts are set up on Naver (a Korean web portal) and Afreeca (a Korean real-time video streaming site).
4. March 1st, a public holiday in Korea, at 1pm KST attacks start on 2chan and 2chan becomes unreachable.
5. Since Japan wasn't on holiday, 2chan retaliation starts at 6pm, by attacking VANK and the Korean president's website, both slowed but survive.
6. Civil war breaks out within DC Inside and DC Inside becomes unreachable. Afreeca kills the command post.
7. 2chan attempts to attack Naver, but its IRC command post is shut down.
8. Korea's Naver command post is still live, and on 8pm attacks resume on 2chan.
Your own Korean news media (http://www.joins.com/) said it was because of the flaming the figure skater recieved from certain threads in 2ch.
Not to mention, the attackers sent an e-mail to 2ch servers right before they launched the attack stating that they're attacking because of bashing Kim Yu-na.

Not to mention how stupid this f*cking fiasco is.
The thread most likely was one of the usual bashing threads in VIP, which is a crappy scum-of-life board anyways.
Why does the entire 2ch have to suffer for this? 2ch isn't a single entity.
Vast majority of us are posting relative topics in peace in our corners of the mega-board.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2010-03-01 at 20:27.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 21:57   Link #2896
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
seems like those AZNs wanna 'do' each other over childish things

i bet korea's mad because of this...

Spoiler for :
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 02:34   Link #2897
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Nude Cycling Kiwi not offensive, says judge

under what grounds? He was trialled on the North Island when his offense was on the South Island...?
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 02:39   Link #2898
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
There is a world nude cycling day...lol.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 02:59   Link #2899
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There is a world nude cycling day...lol.
Shoulda guessed, huh...

I know this is...quite old, but it's resurfaced itself again on my television, and I'm compelled to.

Dog given parking ticket

That is literal. A woman tied her dog to a fence as she did for years, and they wrote a ticket on the dog, addressed to the dog owner.

It's on a report about stupid council bylaws such as:
*Illegal to pitch a tent in your own backyard
*Illegal to sing in the park
*Illegal to feed ducks in ponds
*on the spot fines for leaving wheelie bins on sidewalk after collection.
*Illegal to park on the nature strip, even where parking on the road will block the entire road from emergency access.

...yeah...that's local council...
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 16:25   Link #2900
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Baby girl survives after being shot in the chest in parents' 'global warming suicide pact'






Wow, they seem to have been very intelligent people.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.