AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 21:51   Link #3541
Autumn Demon
~

new gateway drug: the internet.

parents be warned.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 22:29   Link #3542
FateAnomaly

I wonder why they don't consider soccer a drug?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:06   Link #3543
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post

parents be warned.
You know... When I was a kid, I had a short wave radio. I used to listen to short wave radio frequencies that made this kind of "noise", it was fascinating to twist the dial and find "musical noise" from god-knows-what transmitter or electrical disturbance ... and in the 70s there was also "electronica" and "space music" that sounded like transmission line chirps and hums.

Where DO these "witch burning" idiots come from and how do they breed? They must be the children of those "D&D = Satanism" morons from the late '80s.

Even sillier, who are these idiots with the studio headphones that think they're doing something innovative/new/cool/whatever?
Old 2010-07-15, 23:16   Link #3544
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Wow... that's the hardest I think I've laughed by myself in years. SO hilarious. Both the news crew for overhyping it and the RIDICULOUS drug bureau.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:11   Link #3545
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

<snip>

parents be warned.
I have never heard of music altering brainwaves till that effect. It is either they have abnormal hearing or retarded minds.

It is just another scare mongering scheme. Not a wonder US is living in the age of the stupid.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:18   Link #3546
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

parents be warned.
Wait... That's not a digital drug... It's the level upper! I thought that thing was shut down. This is bad. A bunch of level 0s are going to be developing esper powers before falling in comas.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:03   Link #3547
Marcus H.
Tea and Crumpets from NY

Railgun reference lol. *Well, actually, I have the actual Level Upper file.*

But yeah, some people's mentality can be quite twisted, like "anime legend" Miyazaki's rage against the machine(s) (literally).
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka?.

Summer 2015: Durarara!!x2 Ten, Classroom Crisis, Charlotte, and Working! S3.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 241. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:31   Link #3548
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Did somebody say Level Upper?

Old 2010-07-16, 01:32   Link #3549
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I have never heard of music altering brainwaves till that effect. It is either they have abnormal hearing or retarded minds.

It is just another scare mongering scheme. Not a wonder US is living in the age of the stupid.
I seriously contend the US entered a Dark Age about 10-15 years ago. It just *looks* shiny... but in terms of clue buckets it might as well be the year 750AD in much of Europe.
Old 2010-07-16, 08:01   Link #3550
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I seriously contend the US entered a Dark Age about 10-15 years ago. It just *looks* shiny... but in terms of clue buckets it might as well be the year 750AD in much of Europe.
During 750AD I do believe that the Arab Empire had most domination alongside Xuanzong with regards to the landmass in the central continent of Europe. US hardly even existed then....with only the Mayans present if I am not wrong.

When the Internet first spawned of ARPANET, I don't think it was like that....it is still filled with "geeks" and "nerds" trying phreaking and cracking. Even with the advent of Google, I doubt most of us kids these days would still think of ways in the past to override protocols, instead just downloading all sorts of stuff off the internet.

Even so, I am starting to see less and less people willing to trawl through hundreds and thousands of pages to search for something they want, instead just going on forums then go "plzplzplz" for the software and information they want without even saying proper thank yous.

Gone were the days where grasp of technology and science would make you the centre of talk amongst your friends. Everyone is now so enamoured in the prospects of fame and money on the internet, and even business communications lecturers fail to recognise the difference between radio waves and microwaves (since when is diffuse ray diffraction caused by radio waves? And how difficult is it to understand "electromagnetic wave"?).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-16, 08:43   Link #3551
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
During 750AD I do believe that the Arab Empire had most domination alongside Xuanzong with regards to the landmass in the central continent of Europe. US hardly even existed then....with only the Mayans present if I am not wrong.

When the Internet first spawned of ARPANET, I don't think it was like that....it is still filled with "geeks" and "nerds" trying phreaking and cracking. Even with the advent of Google, I doubt most of us kids these days would still think of ways in the past to override protocols, instead just downloading all sorts of stuff off the internet.

Even so, I am starting to see less and less people willing to trawl through hundreds and thousands of pages to search for something they want, instead just going on forums then go "plzplzplz" for the softwareand information they want without even saying proper thank yous.
You just haven't seen Singapore uni students. They use WIKIPEDIA (and other related wiki sites) for EVERYTHING. They can't even be bothered to wait for a response on forums. Then again, wasn't that what Wikipeidia supposed to do? I can safely say that Singaporeans are Wikipedia's most frequent users per capita...
Old 2010-07-16, 09:05   Link #3552
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
You just haven't seen Singapore uni students. They use WIKIPEDIA (and other related wiki sites) for EVERYTHING. They can't even be bothered to wait for a response on forums. Then again, wasn't that what Wikipeidia supposed to do? I can safely say that Singaporeans are Wikipedia's most frequent users per capita...
I use Wikipedia only for science and geography related researches, but when it gets suspicious (like informal speech and a "personal" touch to the sentence), I start clicking links and use Google.

One thing I have learnt, is NEVER to use Wikipedia for in-depth modern sociopolitical researches. Statistics are already dodgy enough to be funny.

And quoting stuff from Wikipedia is not funny unless it is science related. And even worse, when I told my lecturer that radio waves are different from microwaves and DO not affect the change in the colour of the sky (it is called diffuse sky radiation), and that Wikipedia has the basic source, she simply said that "Wikipedia cannot be trusted".

It is official, Singapore had imported stupidity from the US and is actively disseminating it in tertiary education institutions. I am starting to worry about the school fees I have paid to get that damn piece of paper.

Old 2010-07-16, 09:18   Link #3553
ChainLegacy
廉頗

One way to actually find some usable information on wiki for writings is looking at the sources they provide at the bottom of each article.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 09:21   Link #3554
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
One way to actually find some usable information on wiki for writings is looking at the sources they provide at the bottom of each article.
+1. I'd hardly expect to find someone else who knows about that.

Old 2010-07-16, 12:37   Link #3555
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, just use "wiki" as a first scrape for info, if you're actually going to *cite* a reference, follow the links.

I use google and wiki as a duct-tape version of the Borg hive-mind. I sing out to the ether and answers come back -- then I have to apply the "idiocy" filter to weed out the crap. Even the Borg had idiot clusters I imagine
Old 2010-07-17, 09:18   Link #3556
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hate Church Targets Comic-Con

Really now, can't they just go back to whatever idiocy they came from.

PS:If your ever going to Comic-con, ignore these people. There not there to protest about idolatry, they just come to piss you off so you will hit them so they can sue you later.
Old 2010-07-17, 10:14   Link #3557
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

PS:If your ever going to Comic-con, ignore these people. There not there to protest about idolatry, they just come to piss you off so you will hit them so they can sue you later.
They go to the church and pray to a metal cross.....wait isn't that idol worship as well?

Old 2010-07-17, 15:15   Link #3558
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Gods not allowed to trade in shares
Quote:
Mumbai (July 17, Sat): An Indian court has ruled that Hindu gods cannot deal in stocks and shares, reports said today, after an application for trading accounts to be set up in their names.

Two judges at the Bombay High Court yesterday rejected a petition from a private religious trust to open accounts in the names of five deities, including the revered elephant-headed god, Ganesha.

"Trading in shares on the stock market requires certain skills and expertise, and to expect this from deities would not be proper," judges P. B. Majumdar and Rajendra Sawant said, according to Indian newspapers.

"Gods and goddesses are meant to be worshipped in temples, not dragged into commercial activities like share trading," the judges added.

Ganesha, also known as Lord Ganpati, is one of the most popular and well-known gods of the Hindu pantheon and is worshipped widely in Mumbai and Maharashtra.

AFP
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 16:36   Link #3559
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Can they own homes? Run a business? How, exactly, is a god any different from other fictitious entities with legal standing like corporations and partnerships? What if the account were set up as belonging to "Ganesha, LLC?"

Oh, wait, there already apparently is one of those, and it's already being sued!
Old 2010-07-17, 17:11   Link #3560
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

they can't sue you if you make them "disappear"...

Tags
humor, news