AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-19, 15:00   Link #4721
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
The demotion of Dilbert continues, no comic relief for creator

"There appears to be a growing epidemic of cranky creative types taking to the
Internet to defend themselves from amateur critics.

Some are shameless in their self-promotion; others operate under the veil of
anonymity.

Until they get busted, that is. This is what happened to Dilbert creator Scott
Adams last week, in a public humiliation storyline that would suit a certain
workplace drone comic strip character of his own creation. Adams was revealed to
have been using an online pseudonym to bash message board users who did not
have nice things to say about him."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecut...ef-for-creator
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 18:05   Link #4722
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
^ He is talking about this on his blog :
http://www.dilbert.com/blog/
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:06   Link #4723
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
The JFK-UFO Connection:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/18/th...red-questions/

Not sure what to think about this story.
I don't believe in little green (or gray) men from space--even though they do make for good Sci-Fi--so I'm thinking these documents are bogus.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:17   Link #4724
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
"I looked into one document that appears to include a phony UFO story and mentioned how important it is to be extremely careful when looking at UFO documents and how it's critical to know the background of this information."

How can one ever be sure of the background on subjects like these?
__________________
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:35   Link #4725
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Kindergarten student's gun injures three at school in accidental firing

Quote:
THREE children were hurt after a loaded gun fell out of a six-year-old kindergarten student's pocket and discharged in the cafeteria of a Texas school.

None of the children were seriously injured and it appears they were grazed by a single bullet and its shrapnel, officials told the Houston Chronicle.

The boy who brought the gun was wounded in the foot, another six-year-old boy was wounded in the leg and a five-year-old girl was wounded in the foot, school spokesman Jason Spencer told the paper.

Jarneshia Broussard, five, was eating a hot dog and beans at the same table as the boy who brought the gun when she heard a loud noise.

"I knew it was a gun because a gun goes 'pow'," she told the paper. "I got really scared."

Broussard said she and other children started to cry as pandemonium broke out among the frightened students at Betsy Ross Elementary School.

Officials did not close the school but allowed parents to pick their children up early if they wanted.

"This is a problem," Broussard's grandmother, Moneek Burleson said with tears in her eyes as she clutched her granddaughter's hand.

"This is a serious problem and it needs to stop."

A spokesman for the school district did not immediately return a request for comment.
Uhm, No...just...what the hell? This beggars belief...and explanation...
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:52   Link #4726
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
The Herald Sun? Really?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:05   Link #4727
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka_Kitten View Post
Kindergarten student's gun injures three at school in accidental firing



Uhm, No...just...what the hell? This beggars belief...and explanation...
How a freacking Kindergarden student got a gun on his hand? His parents didn't put their away ?
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:41   Link #4728
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
How a freacking Kindergarden student got a gun on his hand? His parents didn't put their away ?
I think his parents gave him the gun because they wanted him to be independent, yet stay safe when walking home from school alone.

When the gun discharged, it is most likely the parents cocked the gun for him thinking that he is not strong enough to chamber a round himself in the time of self-defence (it isn't easy to pull a pistol slide because the internal spring is VERY stiff).

Thoughtful parents if that is the case, but in a wrong way. They should have gotten him a revolver or a Glock, or easier, hire someone to fetch him home.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:00   Link #4729
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think his parents gave him the gun because they wanted him to be independent, yet stay safe when walking home from school alone.

When the gun discharged, it is most likely the parents cocked the gun for him thinking that he is not strong enough to chamber a round himself in the time of self-defence (it isn't easy to pull a pistol slide because the internal spring is VERY stiff).

Thoughtful parents if that is the case, but in a wrong way. They should have gotten him a revolver or a Glock, or easier, hire someone to fetch him home.
Any parent that gives a child a loaded and armed gun is insane. The kid's 6, the gun is a tool that can be used to kill! I remember when I was six there was a jammed pistol in the apartment where I used to live. Numerous times I unsuccessfully tried to pull the trigger with it pointed at my head. I'm just glad this kid isn't as curious as I was...
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:03   Link #4730
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think his parents gave him the gun because they wanted him to be independent, yet stay safe when walking home from school alone.

When the gun discharged, it is most likely the parents cocked the gun for him thinking that he is not strong enough to chamber a round himself in the time of self-defence (it isn't easy to pull a pistol slide because the internal spring is VERY stiff).

Thoughtful parents if that is the case, but in a wrong way. They should have gotten him a revolver or a Glock, or easier, hire someone to fetch him home.
Agreed.
Fetching him a ride home sounds like it would have been the most sensible.
However, if that wasn't an option, and his life really was in danger then perhaps his parents felt this was the only way to protect him.
If that's actually the case, then a Glock would be the safest weapon IMHO.

You have to pull the trigger of a Glock even after it's been cocked for it to go off due to its trigger activated safety mechanism:



Although, giving a gun to a kindergarden kid seems irresponsible if the boy wasn't trained in how to use the weapon.
I can't tell from the article whether he was trained in its use or not.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:10   Link #4731
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I'm thinking it is a tabloid myself.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:27   Link #4732
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
No, I'm just suggesting it may be a traumatic event. Take my post into context, I also said I doubt it would be an issue to her son. Just that we shouldn't lightly dismiss it as okay. And no I was operating under the context of him being cisgendered thus he would not want to be dressed as female. But who knows, he might have one. If he did, then it might be a good thing. I'm just speculating.

I don't think the kids would be traumatized until the picture got to all the major news networks..... very few people that actually know him would have seen that pic. but know everyone knows and he will be bullied in school now, way to go major news networks
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 02:50   Link #4733
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Although, giving a gun to a kindergarden kid seems irresponsible if the boy wasn't trained in how to use the weapon.
I can't tell from the article whether he was trained in its use or not.
Even if he was somehow ''trained'' to the use of firearm, to let a loaded, ready to fire gun into the hands of a 6 year old is simply insane.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 03:39   Link #4734
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I don't think the kids would be traumatized until the picture got to all the major news networks..... very few people that actually know him would have seen that pic. but know everyone knows and he will be bullied in school now, way to go major news networks
It's fine. If worse comes to worst, he can shoot the bullies.

(But really, if you think your 6-year-old kid needs a gun to stay safe, maybe it's time to cover him in bubble wrap and leave him home under the bed.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 06:30   Link #4735
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Are you prepare for.......3D porn?

Spoiler for Maybe NSFW and funny too:


Well Hong Kong was.

3D erotic comedy Sex and Zen breaks Hong Kong record
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:16   Link #4736
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Police treat death of York student as a homicide
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1991550/
That's kind of a weird case.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 14:15   Link #4737
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Isn't it standard to procedure to investigate a case as a homicide in the absence of evidence to the contrary?
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:59   Link #4738
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Are you prepare for.......3D porn?

Spoiler for Maybe NSFW and funny too:


Well Hong Kong was.

3D erotic comedy Sex and Zen breaks Hong Kong record

cata III isn't even real porn.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 03:00   Link #4739
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Isn't it standard to procedure to investigate a case as a homicide in the absence of evidence to the contrary?
I belive so.
I was saying than it was ''weird'' because of some of the circonstance.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:26   Link #4740
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
....................
Ark eliminates the overhead of a label, because Jey and Wilson decided that there was no point in trying to sell music. "Music is so accessible these days that it might as well be free," says Jey. "If it sells, it sells, but you can't rely on it. You have to look to other ways of making revenue." That includes merchandising, licensing, live performances and celebrity appearances -- and yes, monetizing page and video views. But Ark also does away with the pretense that making successful pop music relies on such quaint requirements as accomplishment, acclaim or even talent. And it splits both costs and rewards with the artist in a fashion that some might call equitable, and others egregious. "What we're doing is a totally new way of discovering and developing artists," says Jey. "And candidly, we always knew it was going to be controversial."

................................

That's because tweenpop consumers are less interested in exceptional individuals than accessible ones; for all that Justin Bieber, the template upon which Ark's market opportunity has been constructed, is a boy of great talent and charm, it's his everyday-kid looks and personable attitude that have made him a superstar for his generation.


it is a Justin Beiber factory
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.