AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-09-05, 23:32   Link #501
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

This is from the Washington Post's website about Jena.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090501082.html
This case, I think, is still on going. It seems the other side had a sorta good point. But still this does not allow racial tensions to exist in this day and age.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 00:01   Link #502
Kyomi
What do I know?

Hmmm.. to be honest I never witnessed major racial conflict in my life up to now even though I see pretty much everything else but white people these days, so it kinna pisses me off when I see something like this, maybe because I grew up with other cultures that I'm fine with them, but anyhow..
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 00:00   Link #503
Sazelyt
F i n

I guess this would only happen in my country (considering that it happened a lot of times in the recent years). (source)

A man took his two daughters and his 5 nieces to a nearby dam lake to wash carpets. While the girls were doing their jobs, the smallest daughter of that man fell to the lake, and the other 6 girls jumped to the water one by one to save the struggling child. At the end, none of them survived. If you wonder what the father was doing of all time, he was sleeping until he heard the screams of the girls. And, after he ran to the lake it was too late, the girls were nowhere to be found.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 01:31   Link #504
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

^ That is tragic. But I was under the impression that this thread was meant for silly/odd news.....?

Sporting Uruguay thieves wait on customers

Quote:
MONTEVIDEO (Reuters) - Three thieves robbing a sporting goods store in Uruguay spent half an hour waiting on customers before making their getaway with merchandise and the money from the till, police said on Wednesday.

The armed gang held up the store in an upper-middle-class neighborhood of the capital, Montevideo, on Tuesday. They locked up one store employee in a back room and forced another clerk to hand over money and sporting goods.

Then some customers came in, and the robbers sold them goods for about 30 minutes before jumping into a truck where a driver was waiting for them.
Now that's service.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 01:40   Link #505
User65554
Disabled By Request

An 18-year-old burglar who vandalised a children's campsite building was caught because he wrote his name on a wall at the scene

Quote:
Police found him after entering his name in a computer system.

Inspector Gareth Woods, of Cheshire Police, said: "This crime is up there with the dumbest of all in the criminal league table.

"There are some pretty stupid criminals around, but to leave your own name at the scene of the crime takes the biscuit.

"The daftness of this lad certainly made our job a lot easier."
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 02:11   Link #506
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
^ That is tragic. But I was under the impression that this thread was meant for silly/odd news.....?
It falls under the category of odd.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 00:03   Link #507
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Oversalted Burger Leads to Charges
Monday September 10, 8:37 am ET
Police: McDonald's Employee Who Over Salted Burger Jailed Because Cop Became Sick in Georgia

UNION CITY, Ga. (AP) -- A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.

Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."

On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. "It didn't make me sick," Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.

Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.

"If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.

Police said samples of the burger to the state crime lab for tests.

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

What the hell. On man that sucks. Can someone tell me how to quote this?

Thanks Sephi

Last edited by anti-random; 2007-09-14 at 04:25.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:56   Link #508
User65554
Disabled By Request

^ put an [/quote] at the end, instead of another [quote]

EDIT - Also, The governor of Ulyanovsk region in Russia is offering prizes to couples who have babies in exactly nine months - on Russia's national day on 12 June.

Quote:
Sergei Morozov wants couples to take the day off work to have sex. If a baby is born on national day, they will receive cars, TVs or other prizes.

This is the third year that Ulyanovsk, in central Russia, is offering prizes for babies born on 12 June.

This year, a couple won the grand prize of a sports utility vehicle (SUV).

The initiative seems to be paying off, as the region's birth rate has risen by 4.5% over the last year.

President Vladimir Putin has introduced a scheme to encourage more children.

Women who have a second or third child are eligible to receive $9,000, which can be used to pay for education or home purchases

Last edited by User65554; 2007-09-13 at 14:32.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:26   Link #509
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Pretty good incentive huh.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-14, 05:34   Link #510
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wonder what the rate of caesarian deliveries ("c-sections") will be that day. Does the woman have to give birth naturally that day to qualify?
Old 2007-09-14, 17:10   Link #511
User65554
Disabled By Request

Doesn't say. I'd be tempted to say that it wouldn't matter, as all they want is more children...
Old 2007-09-14, 22:26   Link #512
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Space fireworks

Found this on another forum, and I thought it was cool.
Quoting from reyfer on H!O.

Quote:

People in Japan this Sunday evening were treated to a “space fireworks” show consisting of three balls of red light in the sky, each glowing as bright as the moon.

These luminous orbs were the result of three clouds of lithium vapor released into the ionosphere by a rocket launched in an experiment to study the atmosphere. The red glow was caused by sunlight striking the lithium vapor clouds as they disperse. “In the first few seconds after each lithium release, the light should become as large and bright as the moon,” says team member Masayuki Yamamoto, a professor at Kochi University of Technology.

Here are some photos of the event, and an animation, taken from the Tokushima-Kainan Observatory

God XD, and even in enviromental science, we are learning about the atmosphere and it layers, but ionosphere isn't really consider a layer in the atmosphere *just geeky talk*.

Anyways, that is so cool!!! I guess you can only see it when it is really dark outside, and the sun is beginning to descend from the sky. Sucks, but thats okay.

And that is also scary too .
Old 2007-09-15, 18:40   Link #513
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I believe this belongs on the" Sills Stories from aroudn the world thread" but that is rather neat ^_^.

Aka "Cone Head" fireworks ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 10:06   Link #514
User65554
Disabled By Request

A hedgehog is recovering after surviving a spin in a 40-degree washing machine cycle.

Quote:
Hospital manager Penny Cooper said the hedgehog wandered into a private home and burrowed into a pile of washing that was then put into the machine.

Ms Cooper said she was undergoing rehabilitation care before being given a "soft release" back into the wild.

She explained the hedgehog was brought to the hospital at the beginning of September with the kind of story she had never experienced before.

"This lady came in and said, 'I've got a hedgehog that's just been through an eco cycle in my washing machine'.

"She'd left the back door open and this little hedgehog found a nice warm nest of clothing.

"It was only when she took the washing out that she got some prickles going into her hand."
Old 2007-09-17, 16:54   Link #515
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Gees is sucks to be Sonic these days. I mean you go for a comfy bed and then WHOOSH your in a washing machine.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-17, 17:25   Link #516
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

at least he didn't go sonic BOOM in the dryer.
Old 2007-09-19, 23:33   Link #517
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru Send a message via Skype™ to Takeru
Rejoice if you live in Atlanta and can't stand baggy pants.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnlyinAmer...ory?id=3519569
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
"The fashion police are cracking down in Atlanta. The city council is considering an amendment to ban baggy pants, but critics argue the legislation is a crackdown on culture, not clothes."
Originally read this in my yearbook class.
Old 2007-09-20, 01:21   Link #518
User65554
Disabled By Request

An iguana which was smuggled into Blackpool Airport in a woman's bra has found a new home at the resort's zoo.

Quote:
The green reptile was discovered when a police officer noticed something was moving under a woman's dress at the airport on Friday.

She was stopped and after a security guard found the iguana peeking out of her bra, she admitted it was hers.

Sue Kendrick, of the airport, said: "Due to the security measures in place at the airport, we are used to confiscating many items. But we never expected to see an iguana."

Wild iguanas live in Central and South America and the smaller West Indian islands.
Old 2007-09-20, 04:23   Link #519
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

That was a bit extreme. Taking an iguana. Geesss

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-20, 07:22   Link #520
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

This might seem like odd news for some... However, our Canadian dollar is getting pretty close to parity with the US dollar - http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/0...iandollar.html . Soon we will be able to buy things at a "normal" price.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, news