AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-03, 03:20   Link #5301
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
But a ''real'' tank might be more likely to damage tha pavement, no ?
Not if it is properly driven on the road.

Or it could fire its main gun, but the mounted .50 HMGs should be enough to shred any saloon car apart.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 10:12   Link #5302
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Ukraine to save bears from forced vodka drinking

"Ukraine's Environment Minister Mykola Zlochevsky vowed on Wednesday to free
all bears kept in restaurants for entertainment purposes and often forced to drink
alcohol, Interfax news agency reported on Wednesday."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43999740...d_news-europe/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:34   Link #5303
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
A Swedish man who was arrested after trying to split atoms in his kitchen said Wednesday he was only doing it as a hobby.

Richard Handl told The Associated Press that he had the radioactive elements radium, americium and uranium in his apartment in southern Sweden when police showed up and arrested him on charges of unauthorized possession of nuclear material.

The 31-year-old Handl said he had tried for months to set up a nuclear reactor at home and kept a blog about his experiments, describing how he created a small meltdown on his stove.


http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...i083333D22.DTL
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:44   Link #5304
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I have a radium-glow wristwatch and an alarm clock from the 1950s.... only 4998 more of them and I can make a home-fission reactor, eh?
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 14:44   Link #5305
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
And all this controversy about the Iranians gaining nuclear warheads. We haven't been paying enough attention to the Swedish!
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 14:53   Link #5306
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And all this controversy about the Iranians gaining nuclear warheads. We haven't been paying enough attention to the Swedish!
Attack of the Radioactive Swedish Meatballs
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 14:54   Link #5307
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
And all this controversy about the Iranians gaining nuclear warheads. We haven't been paying enough attention to the Swedish!
I'll bet that was their diabolical plan all along!
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 23:13   Link #5308
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
A Swedish man who was arrested after trying to split atoms in his kitchen said Wednesday he was only doing it as a hobby.

Richard Handl told The Associated Press that he had the radioactive elements radium, americium and uranium in his apartment in southern Sweden when police showed up and arrested him on charges of unauthorized possession of nuclear material.

The 31-year-old Handl said he had tried for months to set up a nuclear reactor at home and kept a blog about his experiments, describing how he created a small meltdown on his stove.


http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...i083333D22.DTL
I belive than a young US teenager did something like that at least 10 years ago.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 07:26   Link #5309
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I belive than a young US teenager did something like that at least 10 years ago.
I think I read about him in "The Age of Stupid". He went around collecting radium so he could build a nuclear breeder reactor, until a FBI investigator chanced upon his house. His mother was evacuated, he is jailed, and his neighbourhood became a Superdump cleanup operation.

The book praised him for his resourcefulness, and honestly speaking, I respect any person (especially kids who started messing around at a young age, e.g Kevin Mitnick) who dares to do that for the sake of discovery and experimentation; rarely do I see anyone else these days who is willing to source for materials to experiment with.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 07:29   Link #5310
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think I read about him in "The Age of Stupid". He went around collecting radium so he could build a nuclear breeder reactor, until a FBI investigator chanced upon his house. His mother was evacuated, he is jailed, and his neighbourhood became a Superdump cleanup operation.

The book praised him for his resourcefulness, and honestly speaking, I respect any person (especially kids who started messing around at a young age, e.g Kevin Mitnick) who dares to do that for the sake of discovery and experimentation; rarely do I see anyone else these days who is willing to source for materials to experiment with.
Because the materials are either licensed or it's illegal to do experiments unless you're working for Big Corp
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 07:30   Link #5311
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Because the materials are either licensed or it's illegal to do experiments unless you're working for Big Corp
That isn't an issue. When you think hard enough, look sharp enough, you can find what you want. I stole petrol from cars to make napalm back when I was younger, and that was the only out-of-the-way thing I did in my entire life so far.

I got his name. It's David Hahn.

From Wikipedia :

Quote:
Hahn diligently amassed this radioactive material by collecting small amounts from household products, such as americium from smoke detectors, thorium from camping lantern mantles, radium from clocks and tritium (as neutron moderator) from gunsights. His "reactor" was a large, bored-out block of lead, and he used lithium from $1,000 worth of purchased batteries to purify the thorium ash using a Bunsen burner.
Talk about tenacity - this guy would have made a great NEST operative.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 22:34   Link #5312
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Mysterious orange goo washes up in Alaska village
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-04-20-34-37
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 02:47   Link #5313
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Well here is something interesting :

S&P's and Moody's face Italian raids

When fiscal policies don't work, blame the analysts.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 07:41   Link #5314
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Killer plant 'eats' blue tit at Somerset nursery

Despite what the title says, the Tit is a bird.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 08:33   Link #5315
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
New York's 'Rent Too Damn High' candidate faces eviction
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-05-08-21-10
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 08:42   Link #5316
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
New York's 'Rent Too Damn High' candidate faces eviction
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-05-08-21-10
......what a touch of Irony
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 22:30   Link #5317
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Wild donkeys to be taken from Hawaii to California
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-05-16-59-17
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 05:44   Link #5318
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Mysterious orange goo washes up in Alaska village
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-04-20-34-37
Soon the aliens will start invading...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 22:52   Link #5319
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Soon the aliens will start invading...
I wouldn't be against them taking Sarah Palin with them back to their planet...
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:50   Link #5320
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Don’t panic: Why S&P’s downgrade means nothing

Quote:
Interestingly enough, not much. Washington is still useless. The stock market will continue the correction that began two weeks ago. And Treasury bonds, strangely enough, will remain a safe haven for investors.
Downgrade the bonds! Downgrade the bonds! *sarcastic*
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.