AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 08:35   Link #5761
Hollowgolem

Quote:
Italy: man rips out eyeballs during Mass in Pisa church
An Italian man reportedly ripped out his own eyeballs during Sunday Mass at a church in Viareggio, near Pisa, northern Italy.
News DeskOctober 3, 2011 17:36

An Italian man reportedly ripped out his own eyeballs during Sunday Mass at a church in Viareggio, near Pisa, northern Italy, according to British news reports.

Aldo Bianchini, 46, a Briton who had lived most of his life in Italy, according to The Daily Mail, reportedly stood up during the Mass at St. Andrea's and used his bare hands to tear out his eyeballs. He then collapsed on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

Bianchini's mother tried to help him as the priest called for help, The Sun reports.

he later told doctors — calmly and lucidly — that he was hearing voices, Fox News reports.

NBC Bay Area translated comments the priest Rev. Lorenzo Tanganelli, gave Italian newspaper Corriere Fiorentino:

"This man at the back of the nave started tearing at his face and I realized he was gouging out his eyes ... I called for assistance and the paramedics were quickly at the scene, and he was taken away and then I carried on celebrating Mass, but a lot of people had left because they were so shocked by what they had seen."

Emergency responders picked up his eyeballs from the floor of the church, Fox reports, but surgeons were unable to save his sight. The Sun quotes Dr. Gino Barbacci as saying: "To do that requires superhuman strength."

NBC reminds readers that in the Bible's Gospel of St. Matthew, Jesus says: "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Viareggio, population 64,000, is a city in northern Tuscany, on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
I didn't even know that was physically possible.

Source
Hollowgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:10   Link #5762
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Send a message via Skype™ to Azumanga Davo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post
I didn't even know that was physically possible.

Source
Well, I could have lived my whole life not knowing that. Shame that can't happen now.
Old 2011-10-04, 12:51   Link #5763
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Nope. Einstein got the Nobel prize of his Theory of Relativity after his death.
Are you sure you didn't mean someone else? Einstein's Nobel Prize was awarded in 1921 for the photoelectric effect.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:35   Link #5764
Hollowgolem

Yeah, Einstein only got the one for photoelectricity.

I think Marie Curie was the only person to earn two, one physics and one chemistry.
Hollowgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:45   Link #5765
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post
Yeah, Einstein only got the one for photoelectricity.

I think Marie Curie was the only person to earn two, one physics and one chemistry.
Linus Pauling, one Chemistry and one Peace.
Old 2011-10-05, 07:45   Link #5766
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Once Oktoberfest ends, the bras' owners must be found

Quote:
As giant beer glasses are stored away for next year and tents taken down, Oktoberfest officials are left trying to trace the owners of lost items from bras to this year a live giant grasshopper.

Thousands of items lost by revellers during the boozy celebration have been piling up at the Munich festival’s lost and found office. Those who think they have lost something can make a phone call or pay the office a visit themselves to see if the item has been found.

While it is relatively straightforward to find the owners of the many identification cards that are turned in – and often not that hard to figure out who owns the 400 mobile phones currently being stored – there’s not much that can be done to find the eight-centimetre-long grasshopper’s owner, unless he or she calls in.

Officials realize that people want to be reunited with their lost items. So they go through every effort to find owners. That means they will be digging through wallet, sim cards and other items where personally identifiable information could be.

Those who have lost something during Oktoberfest have until the end of January to make contact with festival organisers. After that date, lost property could be given or thrown away.

Some of the more interesting items waiting for owners include a faux Viking helmet, a megaphone and a dental prosthesis. There are also crutches and wheelchairs. In years past, glass eyes have also shown up in the lost and found office.

There are also many run-of-the-mill things, like 400 pairs of keys and a similar number of lost purses.
And I thought the Germans are the sanest people in his crazy world.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 08:20   Link #5767
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A drunk german is still a drunk.

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 12:00   Link #5768
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
The parole hearing for Nelson, an Egyptian model who immigrated to the United States in 1986, is scheduled for Wednesday at Chowchilla State Prison in Central California, where she’s incarcerated.

Nelson was in her 20s when she killed her husband, three decades her senior, and then dismembered and cooked parts of his body in their Costa Mesa apartment. The couple had been married for about a month.

After the murder, Nelson cooked her husband’s head on the stove, skinned his torso, fried his hands in oil and planned to leave his skull in the back bay, according to the Daily Pilot.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...usband-parole/
Fava beans and a nice Chianti

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-10-05 at 22:50.
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:58   Link #5769
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I hope than she had a couple of sessions with a psy.

Old 2011-10-05, 23:25   Link #5770
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

A beautiful woman (ex-model, so I assume) who happens to also be a cannibal?

Wow. Fiction has nothing on her.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:50   Link #5771
Ithekro
Space Battleship

I wonder where...or how, she came up with that idea.
Old 2011-10-06, 00:00   Link #5772
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wonder where...or how, she came up with that idea.
The Donner Party Cookbook?
Old 2011-10-06, 00:31   Link #5773
Ithekro
Space Battleship

But human isn't supose to be good for one's figure, seeing she was a model.
It also supposely tastes horrible, which is why so many animals don't eat us.
Old 2011-10-06, 06:01   Link #5774
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Massachusettsofficial who performed bra trick resigns
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-04-10-32-08

Old 2011-10-06, 06:49   Link #5775
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Come again?

Or maybe you were considering the herbivorous ones?
Old 2011-10-06, 08:22   Link #5776
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
360 Kinect’s Hentai Power Unleashed (Again)

*Facepalm* Really?!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-06 at 09:17.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 08:28   Link #5777
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Quick! Give the programmer an Ig-Nobel prize!

Think of the possibilities, you can put an image of your pettanko wife (whom you married for her character but lament about her lack of boobs) and the girl of your dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Come again?

I think he meant that whichever animal eats us, we eat them back. Think roasted snake and shark fin soup.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:22   Link #5778
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
i believed we taste bad only to sharks,

gator/crocs/snakes/pirahnas/komodo dragons/lions and tiger don't mind how humans taste.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:27   Link #5779
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Come again?

Lots of big-game predators are somewhat averse to hunting humans. That's why most will only hunt people out of desperation. But I don't think it has anything to do with how we taste. More likely, it's a combo of two things: predators try to avoid fighting each other when necessary (we're predators ourselves), and human dominance has probably weeded out particularly aggressive predators from the gene pool at this point; the only ones left to survive are afraid of us (at least, in areas with large human habitation). There are individual exceptions of course.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:30   Link #5780
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Lots of big-game predators are somewhat averse to hunting humans. That's why most will only hunt people out of desperation. But I don't think it has anything to do with how we taste. More likely, it's a combo of two things: predators try to avoid fighting each other when necessary (we're predators ourselves), and human dominance has probably weeded out particularly aggressive predators from the gene pool at this point; the only ones left to survive are afraid of us (at least, in areas with large human habitation). There are individual exceptions of course.
Komodo Dragon will hunt and eat humans if humans are within range and it is hungry and like Crocs and pirahna don't care either.

Tags
humor, news