AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-24, 13:18   Link #6301
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 32
What is wrong with that decision?
Quote:
Generally people over 21 can have sex with 14-year-olds unless they abuse the younger partner's "lack of capacity for sexual self-determination" or are in position of power over them.
So he's not her teacher, just some teacher, how does that have anything to do with the case?

Those cases are stupid anyway. At least the ones involving boys. For a 14 year old boy, "scoring" like that is awesome. It's what all 14 yo boys dream of.
I think judges who punish such relationships either can't remember the time they were young and horny, or they are just jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
But they have very strict anti-violence media censorship
On TV. Basicly like in the US, just switch out sex with violence.
I like it, I prefer to see some boobs primetime, instead of people blowing other peoples heads off, but that's just me.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:37   Link #6302
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
What is wrong with that decision?

So he's not her teacher, just some teacher, how does that have anything to do with the case?
She had a few classes with him and he was looking over her class during a trip. And you usually have to listen to any teacher at your school, not just your homeroom teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Those cases are stupid anyway. At least the ones involving boys. For a 14 year old boy, "scoring" like that is awesome. It's what all 14 yo boys dream of.
I think judges who punish such relationships either can't remember the time they were young and horny, or they are just jealous.
Hooray for sexism.
Though, otherwise I won't argue with you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
On TV.
And games. And DVDs.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:41   Link #6303
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Hooray for sexism.
Though, otherwise I won't argue with you.
It is really inappropriate to speak of sexism when the topic is SEX.
You know the one thing the genders definately do differ in.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:46   Link #6304
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
It is really stupid to speak of sexism when the topic is SEX.
You know the one thing the genders definately do differ in.
I'm not saying that different genders don't differ. But granting rights based on sex is sexism. Simple as that. Men want the right to bang their underage students, too! We are the 50%.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:49   Link #6305
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 32
It is still not sexism if the right is about sex in the first place.
An affaire like that has different potential impact on a girl (she can get pregnant!) than on a boy. So you have to treat them differently.
Sexism would be to apply the attribute of someones sex on something it has nothing to do with.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:58   Link #6306
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
It is still not sexism if the right is about sex in the first place.An affaire like that has different potential impact on a girl (she can get pregnant!) than on a boy. So you have to treat them differently.
Sexism would be to apply the attribute of someones sex on something it has nothing to do with.
Now you're arguing about pregnancy, while your other post was about "horny boys". Implying that boys are "horny" and it's awesome for them to fuck their teachers, while girls are innocent little sheep who don't know what they are doing is sexism at its best. There are still ways to avoid pregnancy (condoms or other contraceptives) and becoming a father and having to pay child support is a serious consequence for boys, too.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 14:21   Link #6307
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Considering it was only recently that the definition of rape included men being able to be raped by women....yeah.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:56   Link #6308
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Now you're arguing about pregnancy, while your other post was about "horny boys". Implying that boys are "horny" and it's awesome for them to fuck their teachers, while girls are innocent little sheep who don't know what they are doing is sexism at its best. There are still ways to avoid pregnancy (condoms or other contraceptives) and becoming a father and having to pay child support is a serious consequence for boys, too.
Interesting.
I never wrote any of that, where did you read that?

I am a man and I do remember what hormones do to boys of that age, so I can say they are indeed "horny" at all times.
I am not a woman however, so I can't just make something up. But nice you still lay those words into my mouth anyway.
See that is the problem, when you call someone sexist in a discussion about sex. The example about pregnancy shall show you that there is indeed an inherent difference between sexes and not ignoring that difference in a sexual related discussion is not sexist.

I would explain to you how unwanted pregnancy is in fact a not so uncommon problem with teenage girls of young age, but you will just twist my words around anyway...
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 16:51   Link #6309
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Interesting.
I never wrote any of that, where did you read that?
You said that at least the cases about boys would be stupid with your only argument being about their horniness. The implication is that you object outlawing such activity based solely on whether or not boys and girls are horny, and that there is a rule that applies to all boys and maybe one that applies to all girls. That's called sexism, because there is no such rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Sexism, also known as gender discrimination or sex discrimination, is he belief that a characteristic inherent in one's sex necessarily adversely affects one's ability even though that characteristic does not necessarily have that effect.
Having a penis does not necessarily equal horniness, even if you and your male friends were horny during your teens. You are making absolute rules about character traits based on gender, which is called sexism. Even worse, you do not oppose gender specific, general law based on how horny teenagers of each gender are in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I am a man and I do remember what hormones do to boys of that age, so I can say they are indeed "horny" at all times.
I am not a woman however, so I can't just make something up. But nice you still lay those words into my mouth anyway.
See that is the problem, when you call someone sexist in a discussion about sex. The example about pregnancy shall show you that there is indeed an inherent difference between sexes and not ignoring that difference in a sexual related discussion is not sexist.
So if girls are not "horny all the time" it should be illegal for male teachers and female students to have sex?
And since you and your friends were "horny at all times" we should base our general laws on that?

The level of horniness is not inherent in one's gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I would explain to you how unwanted pregnancy is in fact a not so uncommon problem with teenage girls of young age, but you will just twist my words around anyway...
What does that have to do with anything? Underage fatherhood is not a problem?
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:08   Link #6310
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 32
Those were 4 strawman arguments in a row.
I told you, I won't bother discussing with you, if you can't keep to what I write.

Hint: If you have to begin every paragraph with restating what I wrote, but "slightly" altered and with "interesting" bits added, it may be because you don't actually want to reply to what I wrote, but instead to what you want it to be.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:25   Link #6311
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Here's what you wrote, not altered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Those cases are stupid anyway. At least the ones involving boys. For a 14 year old boy, "scoring" like that is awesome. It's what all 14 yo boys dream of.
You made a general rule for all boys: "all 14 year old boys dream of having sex with a teacher".
If that is not a prime example of sexism, then what is? Even if I let go of the implications concerning girls, giving you the benefit of the doubt.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:29   Link #6312
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well then the proper question would be," do 14 year old girls dream of "scoring" with their teachers?"

Because the statement that 14 year old boys would want to "score" with the young female teachers in generally considered true.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:33   Link #6313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'd say the proper question is "are their dreams all that relevant?". They're minor. Society's supposed to protect them from their dreams if need be. That's why we have age of consent laws. And if there aren't laws against letting kids dress in tights and hang around in dark alleys to pick fights with armed criminals, there damn well should be.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:45   Link #6314
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well then the proper question would be," do 14 year old girls dream of "scoring" with their teachers?"

Because the statement that 14 year old boys would want to "score" with the young female teachers in generally considered true.
I'd pose a different question:
"Is dreaming about banging a hot teacher inherent in one's gender?"
The answer is: "no"

That's why I'd say that the questions "do 14 year old girls dream of "scoring" with their teachers?" and "do 14 year old boys dream of "scoring" with their teachers?" are totally irrelevant to the question at hand: "should we allow sex between 14 year old students and their teachers?", because it is not related to gender. Unless you want to make different laws for different genders, because you think that "dreaming about sex with your teacher" is a gender inherent character trait - for what I'd call you a sexist.
That is even though I tend to agree with the statement that boys are probably more open to such relationships on average. But we still allow women to become police officers even though only extreme feminists argue that women are weaker on average. That is the point of emancipation: judging based on the individuals instead of the gender.

The argument about pregnancy is better, but it wasn't mentioned until after my "sexism" post.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:04   Link #6315
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I'm right behind you
Age: 31
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...155450010.html

Either it's yet another sign of the Apocalypse, or we've all been watching too much violent anime, or, as per Aqua Teen Hunger Force, that meatpacking plant was built on elf graves, and now the owner must pay tribute by offering his body in pleasurable tribute to Santa Ape.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:13   Link #6316
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Is it sexist if one is stating a fact for one gender if one cannot know if said fact is true for the other gender?

If one does not know if all 14 year olds behave the same, than one would specify based on a known. In this case, a male would know how a male would react in the situation, but would not know if a female would react in that same situation. Thus one cannot in good conscience throw a blanket statement over both genders. Especially when it might deal with something that can be completely different...as male and female hormones are different and can have different effects on the bodies of their respective genders.

However the original statement said nothing about treating men and women differently, nor shaping laws. It was stating a fact about 14 year old boys.
The statement of the judgment might be questioned reguarding the rememberance or jealously of the judge, but not the earlier statement, which seems to be the one focused on.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:52   Link #6317
sneaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is it sexist if one is stating a fact for one gender if one cannot know if said fact is true for the other gender?
No, but "For a 14 year old boy, "scoring" like that is awesome. It's what all 14 yo boys dream of" can hardly be called a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If one does not know if all 14 year olds behave the same, than one would specify based on a known. In this case, a male would know how a male would react in the situation, but would not know if a female would react in that same situation.
Here's where I disagree. A boy cannot speak for all boys, but only for himself. Basing laws on character traits that are not gender inherent is sexism. Girls want sex, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Thus one cannot in good conscience throw a blanket statement over both genders. Especially when it might deal with something that can be completely different...as male and female hormones are different and can have different effects on the bodies of their respective genders.
Yes, hormones are different. But the levels and results are not constant throughout the members of a gender, but vary to an extend (both within and between genders) where you cannot create gender specific laws based on just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However the original statement said nothing about treating men and women differently, nor shaping laws. It was stating a fact about 14 year old boys.
The statement of the judgment might be questioned reguarding the rememberance or jealously of the judge, but not the earlier statement, which seems to be the one focused on.
Maybe I really was over-interpreting and seeing implications that were unintended and non-existent, and this was really just supposed to be an exaggeration.


But putting aside the gender discussion: these cases were about consensual sex, which usually implies horniness of both male and female students. Basing arguments for or against outlawing consensual sex with minors based on whether or not they are horny seems pointless to me in the first place. Cases in which the student is not horny are called rape and are a whole different thing altogether.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 02:45   Link #6318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is it sexist if one is stating a fact for one gender if one cannot know if said fact is true for the other gender?
As sneaker said, it's kinda sexist to make a blanket statement for a whole age and gender class based on anecdotal evidence.

I mean, why not age and skin tone? Or age and nationality? Or just age? Or drop age altogether, and base it all on hair color?

The hormone argument means it's not completely loony, but it's still something you'd want to be prudent with. I doubt it's the only factor.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:51   Link #6319
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Embarrassing 'SHCOOL' sign replaced in NYC
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-25-06-54-48
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:54   Link #6320
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Global climate change, then and now:

http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2012/0...ca-change.html

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.