AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-09, 19:05   Link #10581
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, they want to die. You're doing them a favor, really.
What about the traumatized driver of the train? The passengers?
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:49   Link #10582
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Pawnshops hit paydirt as Southeast Asians sweat before pay day

This
article
is
SO
BLOODY
OVERDUE!

It has been like 3/4 of a year passed, and then NOW they report on this?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:29   Link #10583
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Iowa law grants gun permits to the legally blind

Quote:
The Des Moines Register reports that Iowa law doesn't allow sheriffs to deny a permit to carry a gun in public based on physical ability. Blind people can obtain the permits for carrying a weapon in public because of changes to state law that took effect in 2011.

Jane Hudson with Disability Rights Iowa said keeping legally blind people from obtaining weapon permits would violate the Americans with Disabilities Act. She said federal law requires states to analyze a situation individually before denying a service.

"The fact that you can't drive a car doesn't mean you can't go to a shooting range and see a target," Hudson said.
Oh NRA you just love making yourself look more like crazy gun obsessed people, I mean defending the right for blind people to have guns in a public setting? I am sure nothing bad will ever come from this .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:37   Link #10584
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Iowa law grants gun permits to the legally blind

Oh NRA you just love making yourself look more like crazy gun obsessed people, I mean defending the right for blind people to have guns in a public setting? I am sure nothing bad will ever come from this .
What in the.... I don't know what to say Except that I'm getting tired of these demanding people and their violation of this, violation of that, heck those people are in violation of not using their brains properly
__________________

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:56   Link #10585
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I seem to recall an incident in the 1980s about someone taking blind people out to hunt with rifles.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:12   Link #10586
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think blind shooting is in the Paralympics. (They shoot by ear.)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 17:30   Link #10587
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
How do you make a sound that isn't like a rabbit?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 20:10   Link #10588
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Workers’ rights “chopped away”: former NTUC financial consultants

Ok this is kind of an odd one. Insurance agents working for the country's biggest union (NTUC) is sueing their union, Singapore Insurance Employees’ Union (SIEU), to bring the issues they what with the employer (NTUC)

So it is the union that tramples on employee rights and the union which is supposed to be protecting those rights don't really want to shake the boat with it's parent.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 20:28   Link #10589
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think blind shooting is in the Paralympics. (They shoot by ear.)
Which I'm pretty sure they are registered, trained, and qualified for compared to the general public.

The amusing part isn't blind people shooting, it's the weak argument:
Quote:
"The fact that you can't drive a car doesn't mean you can't go to a shooting range and see a target," Hudson said.
__________________

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 03:06   Link #10590
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Which I'm pretty sure they are registered, trained, and qualified for compared to the general public.
The Olympic shooters? Yes. But they didn't start out that way.

Quote:
The amusing part isn't blind people shooting, it's the weak argument:
It's amusing, yes, but he isn't wrong: just because your eyesight legally bars you from driving, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't see a target. At least, I'd hope the physical requirements for driving are a bit more stringent than "not absolutely, totally blind".
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 03:19   Link #10591
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
To qualify as legally blind you don't have to be blind, just have pretty terrible eyesight (can't remember exactly how much). Still an unbelievably stupid idea though.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 03:48   Link #10592
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Olympic shooters? Yes. But they didn't start out that way.
Which... is what these civvies have to do too if I'm even going to trust one with a gun. Remember, this is "carrying a gun in public", not entirely about sport or hunting.

Quote:
It's amusing, yes, but he isn't wrong: just because your eyesight legally bars you from driving, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't see a target. At least, I'd hope the physical requirements for driving are a bit more stringent than "not absolutely, totally blind".
This guy isn't wrong either:
Quote:
"I'm not an expert in vision," Delaware County Sheriff John LeClere said. "At what point do vision problems have a detrimental effect to fire a firearm? If you see nothing but a blurry mass in front of you, then I would say you probably shouldn't be shooting something."
For what reason does a blind person have to carry a gun in public anyways? Because it's their right? To do what, citizens arrest? Self defense? What if there are bystanders, anyone is fair game. Of course, like the article said, some people have varying degree's of blindness, so how blurry the mass is depends on their drivers license, but regardless of how blind a person is, I still am not going to trust them to "Aim down the sight" or "scope out that target", in the same way how I'm not going to ask a color blind person how to play Puyo Puyo.
__________________

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, feeling very sick at the moment from my extremely bad luck...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 05:11   Link #10593
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Man in Colo. accused of drunken horseback ride
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-09-23-40-09

Girl finds stolen cremation ashes in Pa. park
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-10-10-23-02
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:54   Link #10594
Shyni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: nowhere
I heard on another forum that blind people accidentally shooting bystanders doesn't actually happen very much, if at all, even in states that allow them to carry guns.

Also, I'm having trouble finding stories of that kind of thing happening on Google, so there's that.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 21:15   Link #10595
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
I heard on another forum that blind people accidentally shooting bystanders doesn't actually happen very much, if at all, even in states that allow them to carry guns.
The first question should be how many blind peoples do own a firearm in those states. The lower their number, the lower the probability than one of them shoot a bystander.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 01:25   Link #10596
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
The 6 Weirdest Things We've Learned Since 9/11:

"It hit me last year as I was standing in the naked airport scanner again, listening
to the faint gasps and then applause from the monitoring booth, and realized that I
wouldn't put up with that hassle to ward off the threat of, say, lightning."

"Anyway, that made me look back at the lessons we've learned in the 12 years
since the 9/11 attacks, and I've got to say, it's not encouraging. For instance, we
found out that ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-6-we...ned-since-911/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 02:52   Link #10597
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Batman and Captain America rescues a cat from a burning home

Possibly the coolest "funny" news this year.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 03:25   Link #10598
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
^ hilariously awesome
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 05:47   Link #10599
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Workers’ rights “chopped away”: former NTUC financial consultants

Ok this is kind of an odd one. Insurance agents working for the country's biggest union (NTUC) is sueing their union, Singapore Insurance Employees’ Union (SIEU), to bring the issues they what with the employer (NTUC)

So it is the union that tramples on employee rights and the union which is supposed to be protecting those rights don't really want to shake the boat with it's parent.
The insurance portion is under private sector. SIEU is a watchdog. It is an internal lawsuit - right to sue in name.

It is odd only in Singapore because both of them belongs to the God Emperor. In other parts of the world, a subsidiary suing its group is a norm.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 05:37   Link #10600
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Some Pittsburghers cited for parking in driveways
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-12-11-35-44

Mass. school district closed due to slick floors
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-12-09-26-15
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.