AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-29, 15:00   Link #1961
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Widow leaves her village 400,000 -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8070848.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:18   Link #1962
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thats really nice of her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 08:54   Link #1963
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats really nice of her.
It sure was wasn't it

Dinosaur skulls sold at auction -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8078827.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 12:13   Link #1964
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Age: 35
Here's an expensive vase you may not want to put water in:



http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/02/e...l-the-right-r/
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 12:53   Link #1965
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Lost wallaby could be 'confused' -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8078540.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 13:15   Link #1966
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Malaysia is a Muslim nation and thus, their laws are rather different than that of anywhere else. I am not surprised as that there are actually stranger policies than this one in Muslim nations, such as Malaysia. This is just the gist of it!
I...don't see how being a Muslim nation has anything to do with this. It just looks like a method to protect women from being humilated verbally (how well it actually works is up to debate).
------------------------------------------------------------------
A bit of old news:

Tsuyoshi Kusanagi arrested for alleged indecency

Quote:
23 April: The pop star, sitting on the grass, resisted the arrest, saying, "What's wrong with being naked?" public broadcaster NHK reported earlier. His clothes were bundled in a ball near him.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 14:04   Link #1967
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Sadly, no one would have blinked in a park during springtime in Berlin

As for "unusual cases" like GHDPro points out, fans of steampunk should get a napkin to catch their drool before clicking this link:

http://www.destructoid.com/show-us-y...c-133069.phtml
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 04:49   Link #1968
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
A weird interview with Marilyn Manson
Okay what has happen to him?
I may not like his music, but i used to remember him as that shock rocker who surprise people with his intelligence & manners, something his haters might not expect for a guy that they blame for causing alot of things.

But this interview makes me think he's losing his mind.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 06:33   Link #1969
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Plea over jellyfish crop circle -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8080315.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 07:19   Link #1970
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
A weird interview with Marilyn Manson
Okay what has happen to him?
I may not like his music, but i used to remember him as that shock rocker who surprise people with his intelligence & manners, something his haters might not expect for a guy that they blame for causing alot of things.

But this interview makes me think he's losing his mind.
He must really have been busy or the reporter is just pissing him off.

If you seen his interview back when Columbine happened, you would really be wowed. But that was then.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 07:47   Link #1971
-HyugaNeji-
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sadly, no one would have blinked in a park during springtime in Berlin

As for "unusual cases" like GHDPro points out, fans of steampunk should get a napkin to catch their drool before clicking this link:

http://www.destructoid.com/show-us-y...c-133069.phtml
Rofl they react way too uptight
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 09:30   Link #1972
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
US man returns ancient Jerusalem stone -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8079825.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 12:51   Link #1973
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He must really have been busy or the reporter is just pissing him off.

If you seen his interview back when Columbine happened, you would really be wowed. But that was then.
Yeah, I'd read that as Manson simply had absolutely zero respect for this reporter. And the reporter wrote a hit-piece in response.

Looks more like one side of a slap fight than a news article
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 06:40   Link #1974
KimmyChan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
'Gay penguins' rear adopted chick -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8081829.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:03   Link #1975
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
'Gay penguins' rear adopted chick -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8081829.stm
I thought I read it wrong but it seems..

Not to sure what to say..
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 04:37   Link #1976
Woopzilla
Desensitized
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LV-426
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
'Gay penguins' rear adopted chick -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8081829.stm

Haha, they tried to hatch stones?

But this part sort of bothered me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour.
Wha-- ? Seeing as they're trying to hatch stones doesn't it mean they're instinctly trying to reproduce? Maybe the humping of one another the result of the lack of female contact. Seems to me those activists are going a step too far, as if meeting females in their natural habitat isn't normal... oh well.
__________________
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 04:46   Link #1977
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Going too far? Here's irony for ya:

This is the article about the protests in 2005 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264913.stm

And a fun bit from it:

Quote:
Gay groups insisted that penguins had a right to form couples without human interference, she said.
Um, they're in a freaking ZOO. Oh, and they're endangered because of over fishing. But whoa whoa whoa......they're GAY?! We can't interfere with animal rights! Those are sacred!
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:03   Link #1978
Woopzilla
Desensitized
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LV-426
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Going too far? Here's irony for ya:

This is the article about the protests in 2005 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264913.stm

And a fun bit from it:



Um, they're in a freaking ZOO. Oh, and they're endangered because of over fishing. But whoa whoa whoa......they're GAY?! We can't interfere with animal rights! Those are sacred!
Haha, that's a god point I hadn't thought about. Endanger them to begin with, lock 'em and up, get crowds to stare at them in a zoo but still respect their rights(?).

Gay Rghts Activists fighting the evil non-existant oppression of animal homosexuality unite!
__________________
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari
Woopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:16   Link #1979
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Haha, that's a god point I hadn't thought about. Endanger them to begin with, lock 'em and up, get crowds to stare at them in a zoo but still respect their rights(?).

Gay Rghts Activists fighting the evil non-existant oppression of animal homosexuality unite!
So it boils down to:
Protect their sexual orientation rights and let them die out...
(right...)
Or protect their very existance as an endangered species by reproducing with females.

WWF VS Gay activists, round 1:

If only the penguins could speak, they'd prob insult our entire race as humans to be honest, lol.
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:26   Link #1980
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
So it boils down to:
Protect their sexual orientation rights and let them die out...
(right...)
Or protect their very existance as an endangered species by reproducing with females.

WWF VS Gay activists, round 1:

If only the penguins could speak, they'd prob insult our entire race as humans to be honest, lol.
I couldn't control it, but I had to laugh upon reading the last statement. Seriously....

How about roasting them and eating them for dinner? No penguin, no problem.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.