AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 16:45   Link #3181
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Viz media is from the United states. Say I am from Australia, and if I were to get sued for providing a translation, It would go under International law as I would be posting them over the WORLD WIDE WEB, *hint hint* So I thin kthis only falls for the countries in the UN which is practiaclly most of the 1st world countries which have laws on Copyright. Not sure about this but That's how I see it.
To be honest, I would have the balls to translate them and post them online in some kind of zip foler on mediafire.com. But I can't translate them. If someone could e-mail some kind of translation to me, I could Zip it and post it on Mediafire. But I don't think we can talk about illegal processes her on Animesuki, so let's stop here, shall we?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 17:44   Link #3182
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Viz media is from the United states. Say I am from Australia, and if I were to get sued for providing a translation, It would go under International law as I would be posting them over the WORLD WIDE WEB, *hint hint* So I thin kthis only falls for the countries in the UN which is practiaclly most of the 1st world countries which have laws on Copyright. Not sure about this but That's how I see it.
To be honest, I would have the balls to translate them and post them online in some kind of zip foler on mediafire.com. But I can't translate them. If someone could e-mail some kind of translation to me, I could Zip it and post it on Mediafire. But I don't think we can talk about illegal processes her on Animesuki, so let's stop here, shall we?
mmh problem is that personal translatin is a thing.

but delivering is another..slightly worst for law..

In case of copyright violation...is not international law that make sense..but law of your country (you-->who translate).

After all...i want to translateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ,-,

i wanna know.
Old 2011-02-09, 18:18   Link #3183
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
My point is that if let's say, me start traslating, I give the link to a few persons and they post spread it, sounds too unrealistic to me that a Viz detective would hunt down me from the others +360 millions of persons that can get my IP from Argentina as it is dinamic, not saying the fact that he would not even know who traslated the novel or from which country he is.
Just that. I don't ment to offend anyone and if I did, well my apologies, but I just can't see it in the way you do.
Either the fact the spreading will take too long which will give them a good amount of time to eventually track you down, or that Viz will actually see this as a major payload and start going off on a suing spree like how "Funimation Sued 1,337 One Piece Torrent Downloaders" over on this page http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101372 it all depends on how everyone will react, and it also depends on how Viz will react to the situation that so many people are uploading the translated novels online. They can either see it as a gold mine and just start the mad suing, or they would take their time finding who was first responsible for it.

A detective might even ask a random uploader on where they found the novels, and they might point them towards your direction without knowing that he was a detective. So the risks are all too great to attempt such a thing.
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:16   Link #3184
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I just said detective trying to be sarcastic XD
Yeah, I know I may be wrong since everyone thinks in that way, but I can't avoid thinking that is just ridiculous that a company that earns millions would try to hunt down on me, a fan of 15 years old. It's like completely out of this reality to me.
Besides, what kind of lose can that apply to them if they are not even gaining money for it?
Anyways, I'd be glad to cut the topic since right now I feel like a fool for thinking this way since everyone seems to be aware of a danger that I just can't see
Old 2011-02-09, 20:40   Link #3185
larethian

you might be right in what you say, but that will apply for individuals or underground groups. since B-T is a known group, it's just an easy target to shut down. and think of all the other projects that will go along with it. I'm saying this because I get the impression you're asking why B-T won't work on it.
Old 2011-02-09, 21:32   Link #3186
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Oh no, I'm aware that B-T doesn't take the risk due to their well known position, which I'm saying is that there is a lot of people that can and would traslate the novels, but the reason for which one they don't it's as simple as this: no credit.
The prize for a traslator is the other people knowing that you gave them that novel, but since they don't get credit, there is where nothing happens. That's how I see it.
Old 2011-02-10, 00:31   Link #3187
Blutsauger

Say, an unknown forum was used for the translators to get together or even personal messages in code or something. Couldn't they then bypass being found from the 5 merchant system? Like, I translate and give it to hooves, who gives it to sky flames who gives it to Larethian who gives it to...etc. and then point anyone else not in this group in the wrong direction? So only you know who gave it to you and who you gave it to or you know who was in this group. In saying this, this process would take too long and people wouldn't go to that much trouble just to translate one vovel series would they...
Old 2011-02-10, 01:36   Link #3188
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

It's even easier than that...
I just generate a random email account (2311ie21em12e1@hotmail.com), a random nick (a23923140), post the novels link in various forums, delete the account, delete the email... That's all, but as I said, I'd rather quit the topic since I think it's going too far for simple fantasies that I made up in my head :P
Old 2011-02-10, 01:57   Link #3189
larethian

or you can do something legally, like gather people to write a petition letter to get Viz to continue working or release the license? *shrug*
Old 2011-02-10, 02:03   Link #3190
Blutsauger

@SkyFlame- That works too, I guess, but you would want the people who downloaded it to upload it after they download it so more people can get it. But, the thing about that is that Viz has legal rights to track your IP address and find you're location can't they?
Old 2011-02-10, 02:09   Link #3191
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Yeah... I think that the detective and hunt thing sounds more realistic than Viz starting the traslation for a petition xD
And the IP prob can be solved as simple as going to a cyber cafe
Old 2011-02-10, 08:41   Link #3192
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I have all the snippets of Baka-tsuki's past works in the Shakugan no Shana Light Novels, a chapter of Volume 16 (I think), and Zoetrope, but they will only be used for the development of the Shakugan no Shana Wiki. :P

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:00   Link #3193
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Yeah... I think that the detective and hunt thing sounds more realistic than Viz starting the traslation for a petition xD
And the IP prob can be solved as simple as going to a cyber cafe
don't know where you are from....but here in a cyb cafè i must reg my idendtity cart to use PC^^

and PC/identity card/hour are registered form shop property...

But......to be very clear.....if a translator is a single person (and not form U.S.A. China and France) is close to impossible that everything happen^^
Old 2011-02-10, 09:03   Link #3194
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Oh, and Marcus H, can you get an editor for volume 7 (if you have it)? I have no guarantee for that, since it was my first work.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:16   Link #3195
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I'll check up on the chapters on my possession. (It's stored elsewhere. :P)

Old 2011-02-10, 16:22   Link #3196
Blutsauger

@SkyFlames- Then we're all set. What are we waiting for? Translate away! xD
An Internet Cafe would solve the IP address problem. we would still have one but it would be under the Internet cafe. xD so the Internet cafe would be sued for doing nothing which is a good alibi. So it's a lose-lose situation for Viz. SUCK IT!

Anyways, when do people expect the last novel to be sold?
Old 2011-02-10, 16:24   Link #3197
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
or you can do something legally, like gather people to write a petition letter to get Viz to continue working or release the license? *shrug*
Well Viz did release their license once, it would be strange if they did it again but also very promising if they actually agreed to release the license. A petition to get Viz to continue the work on the SnS would also be good, but as many other people complained that Viz was not all that good on translating the novels on the first two volumes. It also depends if Viz actually has the passion to continue the novels anyway if they saw the petition (depending on if you can get enough signatures to get them to think about it). Either way, it could just be that Viz forgot they had a license on SnS, or that they are just holding on to it for something to happen, really depends on them.
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:38   Link #3198
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

If they have forgotten after all of this then it would be a sad, sad day for the future of this industry. I mean sure it's understandable and I'd laugh at it one day, but It wouldn't be here, my computer wouldn't survive the initial revelations.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:39   Link #3199
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Okay, just managed to wake up and checked my Light Novel Archives, and here's what I got:
> Volume 1 Prologue
> Volume 3 Complete (?)
> Volume 4 Chapters 1-3, Chapter 4 at 50%
> Volume 5 Interludes 1 and 2, Chapter 0 at 8%, Chapter 1 at 20%.

Also, there's Zoetrope.

Old 2011-02-10, 20:58   Link #3200
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well Viz did release their license once, it would be strange if they did it again but also very promising if they actually agreed to release the license. A petition to get Viz to continue the work on the SnS would also be good, but as many other people complained that Viz was not all that good on translating the novels on the first two volumes. It also depends if Viz actually has the passion to continue the novels anyway if they saw the petition (depending on if you can get enough signatures to get them to think about it). Either way, it could just be that Viz forgot they had a license on SnS, or that they are just holding on to it for something to happen, really depends on them.
from all accounts, Shana is difficult to translate. nothing will happen if they wait and do nothing, but maybe they are waiting for the next season to evaluate it again.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen