AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-12, 08:25   Link #3221
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Forget about it. Tried contacting them the last time (one year ago, when the project was disbanded) to salvage the project, but no reply from them.
No surprises. But maybe massive mails will work.
Old 2011-02-12, 08:43   Link #3222
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

That's why Tokyopop >>>>> Viz. Period.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:27   Link #3223
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
That's why Tokyopop >>>>> Viz. Period.
Doesn't Tokyopop have financial difficulties? It seems that Viz has more money than them.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:33   Link #3224
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

This is a guess, one reason could be because Viz hold many of Jump's cashcow license, and the manga is really cutting the mustard.

But what I meant was that Tokyopop engages the customers and community. They released Slayers license, they reply to emails, and keeps the public informed. Check out Sir Wence's post on Gosick novel thread on the email reply he got from Tokyopop.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...03#post3448103

http://www.tokyopop.com/TPHenshu/tp_...e/3170053.html
Old 2011-02-12, 12:12   Link #3225
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Well, I can say for sure that I like Tokyopop
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 13:49   Link #3226
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Forget about it. Tried contacting them the last time (one year ago, when the project was disbanded) to salvage the project, but no reply from them.
It's viz....sitting comfy in the USA on the other side of the Pacific in some big ass skyscraper....

Do you think they care?
Old 2011-02-12, 15:51   Link #3227
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's viz....sitting comfy in the USA on the other side of the Pacific in some big ass skyscraper....

Do you think they care?
I base on the same theory to say that nothing would happen if someone traslates the novels.
Old 2011-02-12, 18:54   Link #3228
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I base on the same theory to say that nothing would happen if someone traslates the novels.
But in can turn bad if B-T decides to illegelly publish translated versions. In fact, it could be even a trap to make B-T fall, since that it seems that Viz doesn't want anything that hurts his products. As it was said in Dumas'novel, the type of guys like the boss of Viz is the same as lightning; you never know when they'll hit.

But from the other hand, someone should create something like a group in California to kick the door of Viz.
Old 2011-02-12, 18:58   Link #3229
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
As long as it's not a well-known translation group such as Baka-Tsuki one person can translate 1 entire novel, spread it around the net, then disappear for a bit. Then rinse and repeat, but that itself is still too dangerous in my view.. Or you can get multiple people without forming a group and just translate 1 novel from 1 person, then let another person translate another novel. But still too dangerous...

What I'm trying to imply is that overall it's just too dangerous to even attempt translating novels when Viz has control over it. They also show no signs of care for the Shakugan no Shana novels to translate them correctly, or even care to finish it.. But they will take chances when someone tries to illegally translate the novels and profit from it.
Old 2011-02-12, 19:26   Link #3230
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
TokyoPop FTW! ShonenJump ftw also. Both>Viz any day.

And how would Viz go about suing? An why don't we be smart about it and because the anime watchers have pretty much covered up to Vol.16 why not just translate vol. 16 onwards? I can't translate, but if someone can mail them to me I could post them up from a USB at an Internet Cafe so IP address wouldn't be a problem. xD

And Viz reporters, GTFO!
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 19:39   Link #3231
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
TokyoPop FTW! ShonenJump ftw also. Both>Viz any day.

And how would Viz go about suing? An why don't we be smart about it and because the anime watchers have pretty much covered up to Vol.16 why not just translate vol. 16 onwards? I can't translate, but if someone can mail them to me I could post them up from a USB at an Internet Cafe so IP address wouldn't be a problem. xD
Well that would be nice of you to do if you are willing to take the possible risks that involve it.

Quote:
And Viz reporters, GTFO!
Well I can tell the majority of Shana fans on this sub-forum will support you here
Old 2011-02-12, 20:31   Link #3232
Athena
The Power of One

In fact, it would be great is someone has knowledge about the licence that Viz possesses over the LNs of Shana. And add to that a linked source on which he finded the informations.

God, is Shana really going to be reborned from the ashes?
Old 2011-02-12, 21:47   Link #3233
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

California? Good luck with that
Old 2011-02-12, 21:57   Link #3234
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
I live no where near America to begin with, so no contact details will be coming from me. I am willing to take the risks. That way, I get the translated version Definitely because how else would I upload them? That's probably my only motive, but that one motive outways the risks. Being able to read what's happening in the novels, that is. So, I don't think you can call it bravery. Studying japanese, and going Japan in September. Will try to buy all the novels and read them in Japanese. :P
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 22:11   Link #3235
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
I live no where near America to begin with, so no contact details will be coming from me. I am willing to take the risks. That way, I get the translated version Definitely because how else would I upload them? That's probably my only motive, but that one motive outways the risks. Being able to read what's happening in the novels, that is. So, I don't think you can call it bravery. Studying japanese, and going Japan in September. Will try to buy all the novels and read them in Japanese. :P
Seems that you got the same ideas about this than me, but you got more ways to accomplish them. In fact and as much as it bothers me, I'm just a child yet, so I can't do something as big as facing ViZ or something like that, so I kinda feel useless in this. Besides...
I will not do something as risk as messing up with a company, specially when I'm only 15 and it can screw up everything for me plus I can't help much not knowing japanese even when I'm giving a try (1945 kanjis... yeah sounds easy to learn -_-)

If you keep this ideas till next year and you actually get to traslate something, you got my respect.
Old 2011-02-12, 22:52   Link #3236
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I will not do something as risk as messing up with a company, specially when I'm only 15.
LOL I'm younger than you...

As for now I think that I'm the only one who lives in North America while being a translator.

Anyways, the US are pretty harsh and strict compared to Canada... While in the US there are a bunch of CIA members spying on the net or on your PC, Canada is pretty the othe way around. If Viz was in Canada then no problems, but in the US...

Also, the thousands of Kanji are not that difficult. You just need to start by SPEAKING Japanese, and then, learn the hiraganas. The Kanjis shouldn't be that difficult after you learn how to speak and listen Japanese. Watching TV could also help.
Old 2011-02-12, 23:32   Link #3237
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
LOL I'm younger than you...

As for now I think that I'm the only one who lives in North America while being a translator.

Anyways, the US are pretty harsh and strict compared to Canada... While in the US there are a bunch of CIA members spying on the net or on your PC, Canada is pretty the othe way around. If Viz was in Canada then no problems, but in the US...

Also, the thousands of Kanji are not that difficult. You just need to start by SPEAKING Japanese, and then, learn the hiraganas. The Kanjis shouldn't be that difficult after you learn how to speak and listen Japanese. Watching TV could also help.
Well, I'm not THAT young but I can't take care or face something like a company demanding me yet
Argentina is pretty free-country like, we don't have such a extreme rules like don't play this band's music in public if you win money, there is actually lots of fake products that are three times cheapper than the original one, even DVD that are just pirate versions selling on the street. The police doesn't do anything about it, but the rules are still on if someone wants to take care of it.
And about the learning japanese, I'm actually studying it on romanji and trying to learn 1 hiragana character by day, but learning the kanjis seems like something impossible to me now
Old 2011-02-12, 23:39   Link #3238
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

take it slow, don't feel too bad, since knowing Chinese already, we've cheated at kanji wwwwww
Old 2011-02-12, 23:52   Link #3239
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
take it slow, don't feel too bad, since knowing Chinese already, we've cheated at kanji wwwwww
Oh I'm taking it slow, not gonna give up so easy, even if it takes me 20 years
Since I finished english already and I just need to put some practice to it (as you see, my current english sucks ) I'm up to learn another language while I don't have to worry about college or work
Old 2011-02-12, 23:59   Link #3240
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Anyways, the US are pretty harsh and strict compared to Canada... While in the US there are a bunch of CIA members spying on the net or on your PC, Canada is pretty the other way around. If Viz was in Canada then no problems, but in the US...
I believe security on the internet has been increased on the internet with more and more cases of deaths involved on the internet around. There was even mention of a law restricting access to all non-usa domains (like anime sites, german sites, etc, etc) but that issue was dealt with already, but the mention of it might spring up in the near future.

There are also cases where more and more people are torrenting games/music/animes/etc (in which case there was that massive suing of One Piece torrenters) so the increase security of the internet around here is not all that surprising to me. But it can be quite a hassle in which it can be lightened up... Just a little bit won't hurt...

Quote:
Japanese is quite a hassle to learn with, but I can see why people tend to learn Chinese instead then I'm only fluent with Katakana which is foreign words, which overall doesn't really help me with translating Japanese novels but I'm learning quite quickly with Hiragana, but it's still a hard process for me

Quote:
Oh I'm taking it slow, not gonna give up so easy, even if it takes me 20 years
Since I finished english already and I just need to put some practice to it (as you see, my current english sucks ) I'm up to learn another language while I don't have to worry about college or work
Nothing really wrong with your English from my view. But as I did send you a past VM about how long it took me to even learn Katakana, it will possibly last till you are able to work or get into college

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen