AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-16, 19:05   Link #461
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
well i'm hopin neither of them disappear at all, i'm still guessin that Sairei No Hebi' plan to "Change The Truth of The World" will do something good instead of evil(though it would probably be sumthin that's not universally good), but if 1 of em goes i'm guessing the other will go too.
Personally, this is what I'm seeing in the epilogue. *Mods, spoiler tag this if you feel this needs to be spoiler tagged*

1. Sairei no Hebi is defeated. Massive destruction has been unleashed at Misaki City.
2. Yuji decides to unleash the full power of Reiji Maigo, but is told that even his power is not enough to restore the city. Neither is Shana's ability to use Tenpa Jyousai. Unleash the romantic scene where they kiss in the fire before they disappear. Both are nowhere to be found. EDIT: Cosmetic damage (a.k.a. buildings, parks, and convience stores) is restored.
3. Another Flame Haze (probably Kashmin again) will set Misaki City back to it's rightful place - peaceful with a minimum amount of torches. The balance between the two worlds have been reset.
4. Wilhelmina leaves to do her duty. So does Margery. Don't know whether Keisaku will go with her or not.
5. In the epilogue, ten years later, Eita and Matake are married.
6. We'll find an adult Kazumi taking care of Chigusa's third-born child as a babysitter. From what I can conjure, she is the only one in Misaki City who knows (to a certain extent) Yuji's story. Cut to the scene where she tells the little boy/girl the story of Yuji and Shana before she tucks the child to bed.

7. For a fleeting moment, Kazumi thought she saw Yuji and Shana smiling at the young child...

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2007-11-17 at 20:56. Reason: prologue -> epilogue
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 19:19   Link #462
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
That's an epilogue, not a prologue.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 19:43   Link #463
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That's an epilogue, not a prologue.
ahahahahahahaha..... yeah.... (ducks under a corner.)

fixed.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 19:50   Link #464
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Personally, this is what I'm seeing in the epilogue. *Mods, spoiler tag this if you feel this needs to be spoiler tagged*

1. Sairei no Hebi is defeated. Massive destruction has been unleashed at Misaki City.
2. Yuji decides to unleash the full power of Reiji Maigo, but is told that even his power is not enough to restore the city. Neither is Shana's ability to use Tenpa Jyousai. Unleash the romantic scene where they kiss in the fire before they disappear. Both are nowhere to be found.
3. Another Flame Haze (probably Kashmin again) will set Misaki City back to it's rightful place - peaceful with a minimum amount of torches. The balance between the two worlds have been reset.
4. Wilhelmina leaves to do her duty. So does Margery. Don't know whether Keisaku will go with her or not.
5. In the epilogue, ten years later, Eita and Matake are married.
6. We'll find an adult Kazumi taking care of Chigusa's third-born child as a babysitter. From what I can conjure, she is the only one in Misaki City who knows (to a certain extent) Yuji's story. Cut to the scene where she tells the little boy/girl the story of Yuji and Shana before she tucks the child to bed.

7. For a fleeting moment, Kazumi thought she saw Yuji and Shana smiling at the young child...
wow this is well thought out....Most parts of this can probably come true, but I still think that Sairei No Hebi's plan'll do somethin that may be good... I think that Yuji, and Shana MAY disappear, but it would be kinda weird for them to disappear, and nothin to change because then Alastor would get a new Flame Haze, and the story could be continued on, and on, and on....., I think that IF they diappear it would somehow change the way the world currently is (with the Crimson Denizens still eating human's and torches n everythin, it really wouldn't be a very good ending).
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:22   Link #465
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
wow this is well thought out....Most parts of this can probably come true, but I still think that Sairei No Hebi's plan'll do somethin that may be good... I think that Yuji, and Shana MAY disappear, but it would be kinda weird for them to disappear, and nothin to change because then Alastor would get a new Flame Haze, and the story could be continued on, and on, and on....., I think that IF they diappear it would somehow change the way the world currently is (with the Crimson Denizens still eating human's and torches n everythin, it really wouldn't be a very good ending).
Well, I know that there are serious plotholes in my epilogue. Firstly, I know that Alastor will still be around and will eventually get a new flame haze. If Takahashi wants, he can make a series on the new flame haze, preferably the sibling Yuji would probably never get to see, and we can move on from there. The story will indeed continue, but for us, Yuji and Shana are done, so there really is no need to know anymore. Nevertheless, I believe that the damage will continue to be minimal at other parts of the world, but at least it's not concentrated on Misaki City.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:35   Link #466
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Well, I know that there are serious plotholes in my epilogue. Firstly, I know that Alastor will still be around and will eventually get a new flame haze. If Takahashi wants, he can make a series on the new flame haze, preferably the sibling Yuji would probably never get to see, and we can move on from there. The story will indeed continue, but for us, Yuji and Shana are done, so there really is no need to know anymore. Nevertheless, I believe that the damage will continue to be minimal at other parts of the world, but at least it's not concentrated on Misaki City.
True, but that would start a whole other story, and it'd be a bit much....I just don't think that Takahashi would wanna start a whole new story the same basic story line, it would get kinda borin, and it would become one of those series tht starts to annoy you, and drag on, and on, and on, I still think tht when Shana n Yuji disappear (unless they end up alive in the end), SNS will end for good(not including things he may write about events that transpired before the SNS series)
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:41   Link #467
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
True, but that would start a whole other story, and it'd be a bit much....I just don't think that Takahashi would wanna start a whole new story the same basic story line, it would get kinda borin, and it would become one of those series tht starts to annoy you, and drag on, and on, and on, I still think tht when Shana n Yuji disappear (unless they end up alive in the end), SNS will end for good(not including things he may write about events that transpired before the SNS series)
That was also my prediction that SnS will end for good. If they do end up alive at the end, I feel that some fans may act on their behalf to try to ask (or more or less demand) that he would go on with the story. A disappearance to the afterlife together is much more romantic and it would end a great story.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:03   Link #468
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So ny1 got ny new Volume 16 Spolers/Rumors???
If there's nothing detailled so far, I guess we can assume nothing "brick shatting" or unexpected happened in this novel - a lack of enthusiasm in telling others would likely be a byproduct of writing that lacks compulsion.
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:05   Link #469
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
If there's nothing detailled so far, I guess we can assume nothing "brick shatting" or unexpected happened in this novel - a lack of enthusiasm in telling others would likely be a byproduct of writing that lacks compulsion.
It's only been a week. Let the guys who actually have the book read it first.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:15   Link #470
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
It's only been a week. Let the guys who actually have the book read it first.
meh i guess thts true....but wen I got the firt volume in english I read it in 1 day, and I read the second volume in 2, but then again all my friends say tht I read way 2 fast...they freaked out wen they found out Iread the 7th Harry Potter book before 5 AM the day it was released....
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:40   Link #471
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
meh i guess thts true....but wen I got the firt volume in english I read it in 1 day, and I read the second volume in 2, but then again all my friends say tht I read way 2 fast...they freaked out wen they found out Iread the 7th Harry Potter book before 5 AM the day it was released....
you what now?

It is rather harder to read a book in Japanese, especially with some kanji having more than one way to pronounce it, therefore having slightly a different meaning.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:04   Link #472
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
That was also my prediction that SnS will end for good. If they do end up alive at the end, I feel that some fans may act on their behalf to try to ask (or more or less demand) that he would go on with the story. A disappearance to the afterlife together is much more romantic and it would end a great story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
you what now?

It is rather harder to read a book in Japanese, especially with some kanji having more than one way to pronounce it, therefore having slightly a different meaning.

I read the Seventh Harry potter book before 5 AM the day it came out (got it at midnight, and finished it between 4:30-5:00 AM). O.O I forgot about the Hiragana, Katanaka thiny for a sec there now I understand, though there are probably quite a few people that are done, but are either too lazy, or greedy to post spoilers, but it's their choice so meh
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:32   Link #473
Aquifina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
That was also my prediction that SnS will end for good. If they do end up alive at the end, I feel that some fans may act on their behalf to try to ask (or more or less demand) that he would go on with the story. A disappearance to the afterlife together is much more romantic and it would end a great story.
*sigh* It would arguably be more romantic for them to die together, with some kind of kiss, but I really would like a happy ending where they're both alive. I don't know about the novels, really, but I feel the anime's set up to have essentially a happy ending; the animated version seems too light-hearted to have a melancholic ending where they both die, although I can see the logic of that in plot terms.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:41   Link #474
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
*sigh* It would arguably be more romantic for them to die together, with some kind of kiss, but I really would like a happy ending where they're both alive. I don't know about the novels, really, but I feel the anime's set up to have essentially a happy ending; the animated version seems too light-hearted to have a melancholic ending where they both die, although I can see the logic of that in plot terms.
But that's also where the effect of Yuji and Shana dying together is maximized, therefore creating one of the best endings (*cough* and probably one of the biggest comebacks *cough*) of all time. I know a happy ending will make most fans happy, but the effect that the final moments of this story would be minimized if Yuji and Shana end up alive.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 00:51   Link #475
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I see Yuuji dying alone more probably than Shana and Yuuji dying together, Shana dying or no one dying at all. He seems more expendable than other characters in the story.

Of course, the possibility could exist that the Flame Haze reject their contracts with the Crimson Kings (per what I outlined earlier, them being nefarious and all) and fight them, becoming Torches. Yuuji then extends their life, or they (and all other Torches) get copies of the Reiji Maigo so the loss of existance will never again plague humanity.

Then Shana + Yuuji can live semi-normal lives, though it remains to be seen if Torches age or not. This theory is quite contingent on a "yes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
It is rather harder to read a book in Japanese, especially with some kanji having more than one way to pronounce it, therefore having slightly a different meaning.
We're at a cross-road of mis-understanding here. Might be a case of me not knowing where the spoiler info is coming from, but whatever.

I'm thinking our spoiler summaries are coming from 2channel discussion threads, with our resident AnimeSuki novel readers arriving later to harden out the details.

Hence, it strikes me odd that not one person, especially a native Japanese speaker (argue what you will, I don't think it takes a native speaker with an active interest in a subject one week to read a relatively short "novel") has brought up information pertaining to the novel.
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 01:05   Link #476
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
I see Yuuji dying alone more probably than Shana and Yuuji dying together, Shana dying or no one dying at all. He seems more expendable than other characters in the story.

Of course, the possibility could exist that the Flame Haze reject their contracts with the Crimson Kings (per what I outlined earlier, them being nefarious and all) and fight them, becoming Torches. Yuuji then extends their life, or they (and all other Torches) get copies of the Reiji Maigo so the loss of existance will never again plague humanity.

Then Shana + Yuuji can live semi-normal lives, though it remains to be seen if Torches age or not. This theory is quite contingent on a "yes".
Personally, I don't see how Yuji can die alone without a meaningful tragic ending. I understand where you're trying to come from, but I can't seem to visualize Yuji dying alone without 1. a solidifying kiss, 2. Shana trying to follow him, and 3. a post-ending that reflects on the legacy of the Reiji Maigo.

Of course, nobody would die at all, but that would only imply that either the story will continue or Yuji and Shana would just go off to la-la land together and leave Misaki City, which is kind of a dull ending. The possibility of Flame Haze breaking their contracts and Yuji extending torches' rights to the Reiji Maigo just doesn't seem to have that excitement or anxiety of an ending, or whatever you want to call it. Plus, I also don't see Yuji extending rights to all the other torches without either him dying or him having to stay in the city for a little while longer.

And the semi-normal lives thing, well, sure, but that still seems to be much of a dull ending... I don't know, I guess I watched Fate/Stay Night too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
We're at a cross-road of mis-understanding here. Might be a case of me not knowing where the spoiler info is coming from, but whatever.

I'm thinking our spoiler summaries are coming from 2channel discussion threads, with our resident AnimeSuki novel readers arriving later to harden out the details.

Hence, it strikes me odd that not one person, especially a native Japanese speaker (argue what you will, I don't think it takes a native speaker with an active interest in a subject one week to read a relatively short "novel") has brought up information pertaining to the novel.
I don't remember stating that I speak Japanese, but I do have minimal knowledge, enough to distinguish between hirigana, katakana, and kanji.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 01:31   Link #477
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
We're at a cross-road of mis-understanding here. Might be a case of me not knowing where the spoiler info is coming from, but whatever.

I'm thinking our spoiler summaries are coming from 2channel discussion threads, with our resident AnimeSuki novel readers arriving later to harden out the details.

Hence, it strikes me odd that not one person, especially a native Japanese speaker (argue what you will, I don't think it takes a native speaker with an active interest in a subject one week to read a relatively short "novel") has brought up information pertaining to the novel.
*shrug*

what can you do? Kinny Riddle is the only one even reading the novels who hangs around the subforum, and those are apparently the Taiwanese version, meaning no 16 for a good while.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 09:35   Link #478
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
*shrug*

what can you do? Kinny Riddle is the only one even reading the novels who hangs around the subforum, and those are apparently the Taiwanese version, meaning no 16 for a good while.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... well i hope she can read it soon n leave spoilers =P
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:38   Link #479
Aquifina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
But that's also where the effect of Yuji and Shana dying together is maximized, therefore creating one of the best endings (*cough* and probably one of the biggest comebacks *cough*) of all time. I know a happy ending will make most fans happy, but the effect that the final moments of this story would be minimized if Yuji and Shana end up alive.
I dunno--finally getting a confession from the two, and then just leaving it that with an open ending would be enough for me. Yuuji having to leave the city (and his mom) would make it somewhat bittersweet--and there could also be a death of a secondary character like Wilhemina or Margery.

In terms of plot logic, I would say it's true that Yuuji should basically die--perhaps in a manner that destroys the Reiji Maigo for good. But the sappy side of me would prefer some kind of happily ever after ending.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:55   Link #480
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I dunno--finally getting a confession from the two, and then just leaving it that with an open ending would be enough for me. Yuuji having to leave the city (and his mom) would make it somewhat bittersweet--and there could also be a death of a secondary character like Wilhemina or Margery.

In terms of plot logic, I would say it's true that Yuuji should basically die--perhaps in a manner that destroys the Reiji Maigo for good. But the sappy side of me would prefer some kind of happily ever after ending.
A confession from both Yuji and Shana, I'll give you that much, because that WILL happen. However, just leaving at that with an open ending is considered a cliffhanger, and ending it like that (the same way they did Season 1 in the anime) just lowers the excitement and anticipation of readers/viewers who are left thinking "Yuji and Shana love each other... what's next?" That's a huge problem when it comes to storywriting. I'll only take something like that if Takahashi plans to continue the story, but it's way to appropriate for this story to stop here.

After all, it's Christmas, Jesus is born, Santa is making his way through rooftops and rooftops, and the Reiji Maigo extended to torches will be considered the Ultimate Christmas Present. It's kind of like Chrono Crusade (the anime) where the sake of living is most important in the story, and you, like Yuji, must decide what to do with the time you're given to live on this earth.

Yuji having to leave the city is a must, assuming that he remains alive. That however just returns my argument to the cliffhanger situation of what happens next.

The death of a secondary character, such as Wilhelmina and/or Margery is quite possible. But just remember that like Shana's Tenpa Jyousai, both Wilhelmina and Margery have something similar that releases Tiamat and Marcosious (and we've seen Margery release Marcosious before). From my perspective, it would make much more sense if characters that are still human take the fall, since a death of a flame haze would result in the release of a Crimson Lord, and you know how bad that is.

At least you agree with me in terms of plot logic, though.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.