AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-11, 07:31   Link #5001
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
There were some series (like Sola q___q) where the protagonists are forgotten and it makes me mad because they truly deserved something happier and better. SnS's ending in that respect is perfect for me...because their story doesn't end. They continue to struggle and strive. Sharing joys and sorrows, sun and rain, pain and gladness, together. It's like the ending shot of the heroes walking off into the sunset. The story ends here, but their journey is only starting. The road goes ever on. I swear, when I remember stories like this then look at the comparatively absolutely mediocre work that abounds now...

Unrelated: It also somewhat ticks me off when I see Shana dismissed as another classic tsundere. She just didn't know what love was and got irritated by feelings that were unfamiliar to her. The moment she acknowledged what it was all that stuff disappeared. Seriously, she's one of the best written heroines I have read to date.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 08:02   Link #5002
senjiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: tsundere hater
Yeah shana is not a tsundere.
Tsundere: aria, louise,claire...
Where the people get shana is the same as those?
Well with her catchprhase "urusai,urusai..." is only to conceal her shyness... actually out of battle and start of LN i never see shana treat yuuji bad... so not.., even when alastor wanted kill yuuji for shana sake, she didnt want so, even distrust wilhelmina...
__________________
We want the white stuff inside of you takamiya-kun,....
-tampopo, tampopo if you say so dont takamiya-kun made the wrong idea?
-hun?
-nothing leave me alone...
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 00:45   Link #5003
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Yeah shana is not a tsundere.
Tsundere: aria, louise,claire...
Where the people get shana is the same as those?
Well with her catchprhase "urusai,urusai..." is only to conceal her shyness... actually out of battle and start of LN i never see shana treat yuuji bad... so not.., even when alastor wanted kill yuuji for shana sake, she didnt want so, even distrust wilhelmina...
She is a tsundere because how she acts (S1 and S2) in Season 3 you could say she's not a tsundere anymore because she now accepts that she loves Yuji and just want to stay with him (but she still has his famous Urusai,Urusai,Urusai) She's a tsundere and there is not doubt about it the thing is she chances A LOT in the anime and Novels
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 03:31   Link #5004
Chimurry
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
She is a tsundere because how she acts (S1 and S2) in Season 3 you could say she's not a tsundere anymore because she now accepts that she loves Yuji and just want to stay with him (but she still has his famous Urusai,Urusai,Urusai) She's a tsundere and there is not doubt about it the thing is she chances A LOT in the anime and Novels
I dont think Shana fulfill tsundere basics, even from the day she inderstand she love Yuuji, jealousy is different issue..
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:27   Link #5005
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I dont think Shana fulfill tsundere basics, even from the day she inderstand she love Yuuji, jealousy is different issue..
Episode 1 season 2, Yuji asks what shana told him before she summoned Alastor and she says she doesn't remember because it was something not impportant at all (she told him that she loves him) and then of course after not know what to do and tell Yuji she said: "Urusai,urusai,urusai"
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:14   Link #5006
bakato
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
There were some series (like Sola q___q) where the protagonists are forgotten and it makes me mad because they truly deserved something happier and better. SnS's ending in that respect is perfect for me...because their story doesn't end. They continue to struggle and strive. Sharing joys and sorrows, sun and rain, pain and gladness, together. It's like the ending shot of the heroes walking off into the sunset. The story ends here, but their journey is only starting. The road goes ever on. I swear, when I remember stories like this then look at the comparatively absolutely mediocre work that abounds now...

Unrelated: It also somewhat ticks me off when I see Shana dismissed as another classic tsundere. She just didn't know what love was and got irritated by feelings that were unfamiliar to her. The moment she acknowledged what it was all that stuff disappeared. Seriously, she's one of the best written heroines I have read to date.
A true tsundere. One of the few good ones in fact. Maybe Shana was the reason the stereotype was so popular back then.
bakato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:40   Link #5007
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Unrelated: It also somewhat ticks me off when I see Shana dismissed as another classic tsundere. She just didn't know what love was and got irritated by feelings that were unfamiliar to her. The moment she acknowledged what it was all that stuff disappeared. Seriously, she's one of the best written heroines I have read to date.
Actually, Shana was a total tsundere, at least in the beginning. Sure, she had a good reason for it, but she still fits the bill. The difference, or rather, differences, is that she was always more than just a tsundere, and most importantly, she grows out of it. She wasn't just a walking cliche, she was a character, and her being a tsundere was a part of it rather than being there for service or to pad out the plot. Yes, it took them real long to get a kiss in, but there were other plot related reasons for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A true tsundere. One of the few good ones in fact. Maybe Shana was the reason the stereotype was so popular back then.
Tsunderes are still popular, and can still be done right. By the way, an easy way to make a tsundere likable is to remove physical violence from the equation and keep the shyness.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:13   Link #5008
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A true tsundere. One of the few good ones in fact. Maybe Shana was the reason the stereotype was so popular back then.
Shana made the Tsundere and Tsundere+loli genre popular and i read that many character such as Taiga, Louise etc... are inspired of Shana Shana Clone Article
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 11:18   Link #5009
Kyuusaisha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Age: 23
To be honest, I feel Shana is a tsundere done good. I think the follow-ups(especially Rie ones) like Taiga, Nagi and so many others go overboard with the abuse they dish out. I understand it if it's supposed to be comedy but there's just something wrong whenever I see the amount of abuse in a relatively serious series. Tsundere in general feels like it has went a bit far in the violence direction instead of actually acting like a human being.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 12:15   Link #5010
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
To be honest, I feel Shana is a tsundere done good. I think the follow-ups(especially Rie ones) like Taiga, Nagi and so many others go overboard with the abuse they dish out. I understand it if it's supposed to be comedy but there's just something wrong whenever I see the amount of abuse in a relatively serious series. Tsundere in general feels like it has went a bit far in the violence direction instead of actually acting like a human being.
I think Shana is the best balanced tsundere of all time. She knows what Tsun and what Dere mean, she has perfect control between these 2 and you will never see her acting more aggressive than cute. She's not very rude to Yuji and she's very cute when she wants to be.
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 13:12   Link #5011
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
SnS LNs sold over 8.5 million copies. How goos is this? i have no idea it this is a good number or not
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 18:49   Link #5012
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
SnS LNs sold over 8.5 million copies. How goos is this? i have no idea it this is a good number or not
It sold over 300k per vol average. Series that sell at least 100k per vol are considered top selling ones.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:39   Link #5013
havoc764
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
1: It was needed to they go to the new world (Yuuji and Shana have to teach the Tomogoras and Humans to coexist)
2: When they arrive in the new world they dont live in piece, it is revealed that Yuji travels together with Shana, trying to convince Denizens and Humans to coexist. He is often a target of aggression, getting involved in fights and often on the run.
3: Not really because in the old world there wasn't unlimited power of existence and the Tomogoras wanted their own world.
4: it's not like he wants to forget them but he thinks all the people he love and left in the old world will be safe and that's enough for him (he only wish is to be by shana's side)
Did not think i would get an answer so fast. Well it is a good thing i waited a little longer anyhow so i could think it over. And make peace with the ending.
Still dont like it tough.

2.
I would have liked them to live in peace. Altough i can live with that i suppose.
Still would have been better i they had been with the rest from the old world tough even if they had a skirmish every now and then.
1 and 3
But would it not require much less existantce to increase the amount available in the old world than to create a entire new dimension?

4. It was never about him bein okay with it, it was about his friends and family never being okay with it. Even if you say it does not matter because they forget they part of them that still remembers could never be okay with that.
Hop i am expressing that well enough

Well mayby this ending just drag up bad memories of the ending of eien no aselia
(the game).
havoc764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 02:09   Link #5014
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
There were some series (like Sola q___q) where the protagonists are forgotten and it makes me mad because they truly deserved something happier and better. SnS's ending in that respect is perfect for me...because their story doesn't end. They continue to struggle and strive. Sharing joys and sorrows, sun and rain, pain and gladness, together. It's like the ending shot of the heroes walking off into the sunset. The story ends here, but their journey is only starting. The road goes ever on. I swear, when I remember stories like this then look at the comparatively absolutely mediocre work that abounds now...
You mean there is no need for an ova for this anime because the ending is already good?
The ending of Shakugan no Shana Final is perfect but it would be cool to see the new world and how they're doing there
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 07:44   Link #5015
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc764 View Post
Did not think i would get an answer so fast. Well it is a good thing i waited a little longer anyhow so i could think it over. And make peace with the ending.
Still dont like it tough.

2.
I would have liked them to live in peace. Altough i can live with that i suppose.
Still would have been better i they had been with the rest from the old world tough even if they had a skirmish every now and then.
it would have been better a ending where they live in peace but to be honest, this one is not bad at all and the true ending is: they both confessed their love, kissed, and will live forever together
Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc764 View Post
1 and 3
But would it not require much less existantce to increase the amount available in the old world than to create a entire new dimension?
I dont really know but i dont believe the God of creation could increase the amount avaible in the old world because he just can "create" in other hand the tomogoras wanted a world just for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc764 View Post
4. It was never about him bein okay with it, it was about his friends and family never being okay with it. Even if you say it does not matter because they forget they part of them that still remembers could never be okay with that.
Hop i am expressing that well enough
I dont really know what to say about this but i'm happy that all character ended happy
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 01:14   Link #5016
havoc764
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
it would have been better a ending where they live in peace but to be honest, this one is not bad at all and the true ending is: they both confessed their love, kissed, and will live forever together

I dont really know but i dont believe the God of creation could increase the amount avaible in the old world because he just can "create" in other hand the tomogoras wanted a world just for them



I dont really know what to say about this but i'm happy that all character ended happy
I Completely agree with the first one, but that is a part of the ending i can easaly live with.

As for the second one who knows.

The third one, it seems i did not make it clear enough what i meant.
It is easier to make that point as a couple of questions.
Here they come
Is it happy that his parents forget about him?
Is it happy that hhis friends forget about him?
is it happy that he abandons his little sister?
If you where his parents or friend would you want to forget about him?

Now this does not mean i want a perfectly happy disney ending.
I can live with part of the main cast being killed of.
It is just that the main cast forgetting about his existance really strikes a bad snair with me.

Hope this explains me better.
havoc764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 01:52   Link #5017
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
He wasn't exactly human anymore. Their worlds were no longer the same.

I totally understand what you mean. Madoka !being forgotten! was a punch to the gut. Takeru from Muvluv !being forgotten (after basically everyone he cares about died)! was absolutely heartwrenching. I think the difference really comes down to setting and execution.

There was no sadness. It was like the dawning of the sun after the long night. Shana and Yuuji head into the new world filled with hope. Those that remain celebrate life's cycle as their world goes on. If they had stayed, a parting would have had to come eventually. Not saying that would diminish the joys. I guess it could be argued either way. Well except for Kazumi. Not everyone can win.

TLDR god tier series.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 08:20   Link #5018
havoc764
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
He wasn't exactly human anymore. Their worlds were no longer the same.

I totally understand what you mean. Madoka !being forgotten! was a punch to the gut. Takeru from Muvluv !being forgotten (after basically everyone he cares about died)! was absolutely heartwrenching. I think the difference really comes down to setting and execution.

There was no sadness. It was like the dawning of the sun after the long night. Shana and Yuuji head into the new world filled with hope. Those that remain celebrate life's cycle as their world goes on. If they had stayed, a parting would have had to come eventually. Not saying that would diminish the joys. I guess it could be argued either way. Well except for Kazumi. Not everyone can win.

TLDR god tier series.
Strangly enough i did not mind it nearly as much in muv luv.
It has more to do with the way it happend is suppose.
Same goes for eien no aselia, in wich everyone also forgets about the main character but that was even worse.
So yeah it does come down to execution.
havoc764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 20:27   Link #5019
lucasdeis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Argentina
Does anybody know what was that "Something unspecified is in the works"?
Shakugan no Shana SIII news and something else
"mentioned that the series isn’t done. Something unspecified is in the works – and then stating a book is coming our way as well"

because they told us about a Book and they published SIII but what happened with that "something unspecified"?
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.