AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 19:04   Link #1281
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Someone earlier said that Snake's imprisonment was Just As Planned. I don't follow...

Anyway, what's with BM's motivations regarding Snake's plan? They don't exactly seem like the kind of people to fight for world peace, and given their great power, they don't really have anything to gain by peace, especially when it risks destroying the world or whatever.

Are they in it for the lulz? (Since kicking Flame Haze ass seems to be part of the equation... ) Snake's huge power keeping them in line even during his 5000+ year absence?
Old 2008-04-15, 09:35   Link #1282
alvinkhorfire

Now that the Season 2 has ended, can anyone list out all deviation in the storyline of the anime compared to novel?

It is a pity that the flame haze can't use the power of its contractor to its full potential. If somehow the Crimson Lords can physically manifesting themselves without consuming other people's PoE and forming the contact with people, they should be able to easily defeat the Bal Masque. Now that when they formed a contact, the power of a Flame Haze is greatly limited and it is much more difficult for them to defeat the Bal Masque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Spoiler for Margery's character:
So, what is the identity of Margery Daw that made her famous enough to be qualified as a Flame Haze? One of the world most famous whore? This statement seems to insult her (I do have a great respect of her), but that is only the information that I know.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-04-15 at 10:08.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 09:55   Link #1283
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Can anyone tell me about Chigusa being raised at an orphanage? It was something that was mentioned on the Wiki entry.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 08:44   Link #1284
AzurE FlamE
S to C

My friend told me that Yuji is the head of Bal Masque```
AzurE FlamE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 18:51   Link #1285
attobyte

Not a big deal if this is true. Since season 1 Yuji acted as a uniting force making three flame hazes to work as a team, injecting a lot of will inside Hecate among other things, so he may be a leader character or something like that.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 19:14   Link #1286
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzurE FlamE View Post
My friend told me that Yuji is the head of Bal Masque```
More like "Snake of the Festival Sakai Yuji". When you call him out, you gotta say his full title.

Just read the whole thread, and you'll get the gist of things. Like me.
Old 2008-04-21, 19:53   Link #1287
Matt122005

Not entirely sure, but I heard Shana vol. 3 is coming by Viz in June.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 20:01   Link #1288
Strike-Zero

That would be great if it was only the novel vol. 3.

The one Viz is releasing in June is the manga vol. 3.
Strike-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 22:12   Link #1289
Matt122005

I realize that, but the person I heard from said the third NOVEL was coming June.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:40   Link #1290
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Read last 2 pages... so the light novel v17 is coming on June 10th as Shakugan no Shana S II?
Woohoo. Volume 16 left me somewhat on the edge :O
Read all of the novels except some parts in the middle... Chinese becomes evil after 3-4 hours of small print.
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:49   Link #1291
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFuser View Post
Read last 2 pages... so the light novel v17 is coming on June 10th as Shakugan no Shana S II?
Woohoo. Volume 16 left me somewhat on the edge :O
Read all of the novels except some parts in the middle... Chinese becomes evil after 3-4 hours of small print.
From waht I can Tell Shakugan no Shana SII will be side storiries, so no main story related stuff.
Old 2008-04-22, 22:24   Link #1292
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Nooooooooo D: I only want main story not sidestories >_<
Thank you for the information though ^_^
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell
Old 2008-04-23, 10:47   Link #1293
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
to these novels come out in english? are there Translations on the net? legal ones of course. ..not!...pm me

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:02   Link #1294
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

I don't think the light novels are officially in English. I have up to volume 16 in Chinese, and I'm translating it. Won't be done for a whlie though, and there's almost no chance I'll release it to the public :S Besides someone's probably going to beat me to it.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell
Old 2008-04-23, 21:32   Link #1295
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFuser View Post
I don't think the light novels are officially in English.
*sweatdrop*

There are already two volumes of the novel out, officially, in English.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 03:20   Link #1296
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

My bad
Old 2008-04-24, 08:04   Link #1297
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*sweatdrop*

There are already two volumes of the novel out, officially, in English.
Hmm.. What about unofficially??? PM me if you know of any places....
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:04   Link #1298
GLH

Hey everyone! I have some questions that I was hoping some veterans of both the Shana novels and the Shana anime could answer:

- Can someone break down the two seasons into the novel numbers which they appeared. For example, based on what I've read about the movie, the movie covers the same material as Shana anime season 1, episodes 1-6. According to what I read, those episodes made up Shana novel #1. I don't mind anime original content, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on what is canon and what is not.

- Does the scene from Shana anime season 1, episode 24, where Shana tells Yuji she loves him happen in the novels? If so, is it handled the same way as Shana anime season 2 where Yuji conveniently explains that he could not hear her?

- Based on some of the novel information I have gathered, the Christmas eve scene where Yugi was forced to choose between Shana and Kazumi happens a little differently in the anime. According to what I read, he never gets the chance to make the choice. What I really want to know is has he made a choice yet? I read some information that made it seem clear that he has in fact confessed to Shana. A simple yes or no will answer this, I don't want too much spoiled!

- Are any of the Shana-tan, Hecate-tan, Carmel-san, or OVA mini specials canon?

- Is there any place to read summaries of the novels, preferably in-depth. I understand the series is licensed and am not asking for scanlations or raw downloads. Simply summaries.

Thanks for the help everyone!
GLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 14:19   Link #1299
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
- Can someone break down the two seasons into the novel numbers which they appeared. For example, based on what I've read about the movie, the movie covers the same material as Shana anime season 1, episodes 1-6. According to what I read, those episodes made up Shana novel #1. I don't mind anime original content, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on what is canon and what is not.
While I am not truly a novel expert, I believe that episodes 1-8 were volume 1 and volume 2, fused together, so some details are canon and some isn't. I believe the twins arc were from 3 and 4, if I remember correctly. As far as season 1 goes, they went up to 7, but they also incorporated details from 8 and 9. Season 2 goes from 11 to 14, if I remember correctly.

Quote:
- Does the scene from Shana anime season 1, episode 24, where Shana tells Yuji she loves him happen in the novels? If so, is it handled the same way as Shana anime season 2 where Yuji conveniently explains that he could not hear her?
The Seireiden arc did not exist in the novels. I believe the "supposed confession" happened in novel 8, when Yuji and Shana were in the balcony of Yuji's room in the night time, but I do not remember the details, except

Spoiler for major spoiler:

Quote:
- Based on some of the novel information I have gathered, the Christmas eve scene where Yugi was forced to choose between Shana and Kazumi happens a little differently in the anime. According to what I read, he never gets the chance to make the choice. What I really want to know is has he made a choice yet? I read some information that made it seem clear that he has in fact confessed to Shana. A simple yes or no will answer this, I don't want too much spoiled!
Spoiler for even more major spoiler:

Quote:
- Are any of the Shana-tan, Hecate-tan, Carmel-san, or OVA mini specials canon?
No.

Quote:
- Is there any place to read summaries of the novels, preferably in-depth. I understand the series is licensed and am not asking for scanlations or raw downloads. Simply summaries.
In English, there are no scanlations or translations whatsoever except the ones you will find in Viz media.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 14:20   Link #1300
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Hmm.. What about unofficially??? PM me if you know of any places....
Unofficially, no subbing groups have taken up the project of translating the SnS novels.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen