AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-24, 15:27   Link #1301
GLH
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanks for the help minhtam2448!

I do have a few more questions that maybe you could answer:

- When does the Seireiden arc technically start? It seems it could have started as early as Shana season 1, episode 17. Episode 17 takes place right after we hear about Shana's past and how she became a flame haze. If that is indeed the start of the Seireiden arc then it makes a lot of the major plot elements in season 1 confusing to distinguish between original and anime original. For example, Khamsin and his role, Kazumi discovering Yuji is a torch through Khamsin's item, the seeking researcher (is he a "filler" character?), Wilhelmina attacking Yuji and Shana defending him, the role of Bal Masqué (Have all their anime appearances been anime original material?), and finally Tenpa Jyousai and summoning Alastor, is that a legit move from the novel or anime original?

- One last thing, based on my understanding, the fight versus Sabrac is canon material. However, after the fight, we see an alive Sabrac with Bal Masqué, who at this point are part of the anime original plot. So my question is, did Sabrac die during the fight in the novels, or did the novel allude to the fact that he actually survived after the fight?

Thanks again!
GLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:35   Link #1302
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Spoiler for even more major spoiler:
Okay, somehow somewhere I missed this so I'm asking for a spoiler: when and how did this come about, and some details.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 16:09   Link #1303
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Spoiler for even more major spoiler:
IIRC from this thread, the way it happened was
Spoiler for major spoiler is continuing:

Roughly along this lines, right?

Do I *really* need to spoiler tag this, considering where we are in the Novel thread? >_>
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:21   Link #1304
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
IIRC from this thread, the way it happened was
Spoiler for major spoiler is continuing:

Roughly along this lines, right?

Do I *really* need to spoiler tag this, considering where we are in the Novel thread? >_>
Not really. But since SotF Sakai Yuji would make a good spouse beater, perhaps someone should learn how to use power of existence's negative polarity to even things up against the BM god. In a way, Yuji is just like Darth Caedus from the Legacy of the Force series.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 21:52   Link #1305
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Thanks for the help minhtam2448!

I do have a few more questions that maybe you could answer:

- When does the Seireiden arc technically start? It seems it could have started as early as Shana season 1, episode 17. Episode 17 takes place right after we hear about Shana's past and how she became a flame haze. If that is indeed the start of the Seireiden arc then it makes a lot of the major plot elements in season 1 confusing to distinguish between original and anime original. For example, Khamsin and his role, Kazumi discovering Yuji is a torch through Khamsin's item, the seeking researcher (is he a "filler" character?), Wilhelmina attacking Yuji and Shana defending him, the role of Bal Masqué (Have all their anime appearances been anime original material?), and finally Tenpa Jyousai and summoning Alastor, is that a legit move from the novel or anime original?

- One last thing, based on my understanding, the fight versus Sabrac is canon material. However, after the fight, we see an alive Sabrac with Bal Masqué, who at this point are part of the anime original plot. So my question is, did Sabrac die during the fight in the novels, or did the novel allude to the fact that he actually survived after the fight?

Thanks again!
1. I'm pretty sure that the Khasmin - City Tuning Arc (Don't know the official name for that arc) is in the novels, and I know the Wilhelmina episodes were in the novels, so I have it starting as early as 22, but it can be arguable that it starts in episode 17. I agree that there are a lot of details that are hard to distinguish between canon material and original material, as there are elements that haven't been added entirely, more or less tweaked. And Tenpa Jyousai - that's a legit move from the novel, but the timing is way off in terms of canon.

2. Sabrac is canon material, and the novel has not mentioned that Sabrac is dead, so we can assume that he is still alive.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:06   Link #1306
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Sabrac is canon material, and the novel has not mentioned that Sabrac is dead, so we can assume that he is still alive.
Sabby's just too cool to stay dead, even if he is an evil assassin dude, surfing on a sea of swords...
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 15:29   Link #1307
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
IIRC from this thread, the way it happened was
Spoiler for major spoiler is continuing:

Roughly along this lines, right?
Spoiler:
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 15:47   Link #1308
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler:
Tough love, Shinji. Tough love. As far as I know, that's all you're going to get.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:02   Link #1309
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler:
A confession is a confession, no matter what the details are.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 00:31   Link #1310
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
I'm sure it was a very touching scene, regardless of what happened afterwards.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 08:58   Link #1311
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway / Telemark
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Unofficially, no subbing groups have taken up the project of translating the SnS novels.
You are wrong, I know of some japanese and chinisse websites that you can use google translate to "translate" but it will be a royal pain in the ass to read.

Is there anything we can do to make Viz work faster?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 17:33   Link #1312
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
You are wrong, I know of some japanese and chinisse websites that you can use google translate to "translate" but it will be a royal pain in the ass to read.

Is there anything we can do to make Viz work faster?
Yeah, but that's google. GOOGLE! Forget them, we need accuracy!
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:52   Link #1313
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
I have yet to have seen the anime of Shana, but just got done reading the first light novel.....IT WAS AWESOME! I am now a Shana fan. Can't wait to go and get my copy of book 2.

My question is, what novels does the first season of the anime cover?

Also, someone said that Viz will be releasing the third novel along with the release of the third manga.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 15:13   Link #1314
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
I have yet to have seen the anime of Shana, but just got done reading the first light novel.....IT WAS AWESOME! I am now a Shana fan. Can't wait to go and get my copy of book 2.

My question is, what novels does the first season of the anime cover?

Also, someone said that Viz will be releasing the third novel along with the release of the third manga.

-Matt
Up to seven with elements from eight and nine.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:54   Link #1315
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
Dang......guess that means after I read vol. 3 (if it comes in June), I'll be watching the anime.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 02:44   Link #1316
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Also, someone said that Viz will be releasing the third novel along with the release of the third manga.
Feh, I'd like to see where that person got that information.
Viz doesn't even have the third volume up on their site, despite having the manga's volume 3 on their manga section.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:45   Link #1317
Strike-Zero
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post

Also, someone said that Viz will be releasing the third novel along with the release of the third manga.

-Matt
I'm sorry, but I don't believe this "someone"......

I could say "someone" told me all the novels are going to be released by this christmas, but I don't have any sources to back up my lie.

You need sources for your facts.
Strike-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 02:27   Link #1318
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
Um, why did you call it a lie? lol

It was a guy on Baka-Tsuki Forums, a random member, I'm not saying that he's right, just stating what he said.

I really hope vol. 3 is coming.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 02:49   Link #1319
Strike-Zero
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Um, why did you call it a lie? lol

It was a guy on Baka-Tsuki Forums, a random member, I'm not saying that he's right, just stating what he said.

I really hope vol. 3 is coming.

-Matt
I said my statement was a lie. Not yours, though it might be, no one knows. I personally don't believe it.
Strike-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:01   Link #1320
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway / Telemark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike-Zero View Post
I said my statement was a lie. Not yours, though it might be, no one knows. I personally don't believe it.
Does not matter, if they are releasing Manga vol 3, the novel might be around the corner. But the fact that they are using far to much time is still there
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.