AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-17, 05:54   Link #1781
Serous

Most of the information was covered earlier in this thread.
Serous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 17:07   Link #1782
sashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine Flu View Post
Oh right, the one coming out next month is volume 22. Thanks for the info. Also, i was wondering who SoTF is, and how Yuji became evil. I just read the volume 16 translation and im very confused. Are there translations for eariler volumes? Sorry for the questions, but i feel like im being sucked into the shanaverse... and there's no way out.
Where did you read the translation. ive searched but couldnt find any site that had a translation for any of the novels.
sashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 04:10   Link #1783
giorno

...you know, if you just type "shakugan no shana novel translations" and search with google, you'd have found it....oh well, here you go: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...kugan_no_Shana

as for the translation of the chapter from volume 16, if you just search this thread or the spoilers thread, you'd find it... http://sites.google.com/site/asdigge...er-16-exerpt-a
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 07:35   Link #1784
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Hey, what happened to Kazumi?
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 08:39   Link #1785
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Kazumi is currentl in a state of near death and will soon kill herself while calling out Pheles.

(If only that would happen)

She's rather crying in her little corner I think. Having been pawned in the battle for Yuji's heart.
Old 2009-08-21, 10:37   Link #1786
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

This might be an odd attempt to link things but is it possible that the Snake of the Festival events mirror a passage of events in the Book of Revelation?

Snake of the Festival was defeated by the Flame Hazes and Alastor before being imprisoned in the Eternal Dungeon. Lucifer was defeated likewise by the archangels and Michael before being sent to Hell. Over a thousand years later, Snake of the Festival returns to resume his objectives just like Lucifer is released from Hell after a thousand year imprisonment to seize control of the world.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 02:03   Link #1787
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Well, now that you've said it, most of the character's names are based on demons' names. I could see the analogy well, though I'm not sure since I haven't read the novels. >_<

What I've noticed though is there is no "God" figure. And the role of the "Antichrist" goes to Yuji, who is controlled by Snakey, who ironically is the one who wants to create a new world, one which God in the Book of Revelation portrays.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 09:16   Link #1788
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
This might be an odd attempt to link things but is it possible that the Snake of the Festival events mirror a passage of events in the Book of Revelation?

Snake of the Festival was defeated by the Flame Hazes and Alastor before being imprisoned in the Eternal Dungeon. Lucifer was defeated likewise by the archangels and Michael before being sent to Hell. Over a thousand years later, Snake of the Festival returns to resume his objectives just like Lucifer is released from Hell after a thousand year imprisonment to seize control of the world.
Only problem with that is that Alastor is a demon himself.
Old 2009-08-22, 09:28   Link #1789
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post

Fun Fact: contrary to popular belief there is no Lucifer in the bible that is attached as the name of the devil. References to a "lucifer" in the Bible actually refer to the morning star. The belief that Lucifer is the name of the devil was a concept created and popularised by John Milton's "Paradise Lost".
Old 2009-08-22, 21:39   Link #1790
Varda
Black Sword

Send a message via Yahoo to Varda
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
...you know, if you just type "shakugan no shana novel translations" and search with google, you'd have found it....oh well, here you go: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...kugan_no_Shana

as for the translation of the chapter from volume 16, if you just search this thread or the spoilers thread, you'd find it... http://sites.google.com/site/asdigge...er-16-exerpt-a
hey thanks I've been looking for the novel translation when Yuji became Snake of Festival
do u have the translation from the start how Yuji change?
Varda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 01:52   Link #1791
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

@Crimson Eagle
Alastor isn't a demon. But if you actually pertain to his name, then yes, he is a demon. I think Sydonay is the only Crimson Denizen who is not named after a demon.

Old 2009-08-23, 10:23   Link #1792
Terminator98
*Author

The guy who served Bel-Peol, who had a motorcycle rider's clothes, wasn't his name also not something else than a demon?
Old 2009-08-23, 19:41   Link #1793
TimelessEcholocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@Crimson Eagle
Alastor isn't a demon. But if you actually pertain to his name, then yes, he is a demon. I think Sydonay is the only Crimson Denizen who is not named after a demon.
Friagne was named after the angel of Tuesday.
Hecate was named after the Greek goddess crossroads and witchcraft. They say the deity was from the underworld so does she count as a demon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
The guy who served Bel-Peol, who had a motorcycle rider's clothes, wasn't his name also not something else than a demon?
You mean the Jaeger named Vine?
Old 2009-08-24, 03:58   Link #1794
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Vine counts as a demon. Well, Friagne was special after all. :P

Old 2009-08-24, 08:52   Link #1795
Terminator98
*Author

Friagne was the most stylish and badass Guze no Tomogara IMO... He's so... I don't know. He kinda reminds me of a mix from a mix of Dante and Vergil in devil may cry. XD
Old 2009-08-25, 09:55   Link #1796
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think Sydonay is the only Crimson Denizen who is not named after a demon.
Sydonay's name is derived from Sydonai, one of several names for Asmodeus, the king of demons.
Old 2009-08-25, 10:05   Link #1797
Terminator98
*Author

Tokkan, I forgot to say. Lucifer does mean morning star, but even afterwards, in Latin, Lucifer was used to designate the devil, because in the books Peter and Isaiah, Satan is refered to as the one who was once the morning star, or something like that. The Romans just used Lucifer in short.

Also, i checked. on Vine:

In demonology, Vine is an Earl and also a King of Hell, commanding 36 legions of demons. He can tell present, past and future, discover witches and hidden things, create storms and make the water rough by means of them, bring down walls and build towers.

This demon is portrayed as a lion holding a snake in his hand and riding a black horse.

As for more info on Asmodeus, or Asmodai:

He is a king of demons mostly known from the deuterocanonical Book of Tobit. The demon is also mentioned in some Talmudic legends, for instance, in the story of the construction of the Temple of Solomon. He was supposed by some Renaissance Christians to be the King of the Nine Hells. Asmodeus also is referred to as one of the seven princes of hell. In Binsfeld's classification of demons, each one of these princes represents one of the seven deadly sins (Pride, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, and Wrath). Asmodeus is the demon of lust and is therefore responsible for twisting people's sexual desires. It is said that people who fall to Asmodeus' ways will be sentenced to an eternity in the second level of hell.
Old 2009-08-25, 12:59   Link #1798
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Aw, I used to think that the demon classed with the sin of lust was Lilith. Well, the Middle Ages had folklore mentioning Lilith as the incarnation of lust and as Asmodeus's main enforcer of the sin.

Kind of odd to see the sin of pride associated with Lucifer while Satan is associated with the sin of wrath, even though they're one and the same.

The East Edge Flame Haze that operated the Outlaw was contracted to a Crimson Lord named Quetzalcoatl, a feather-serpent god of Aztec mythology.
Wilhelmina's contractor Tiamat is a Babylonian goddess of the sea.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 04:24   Link #1799
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

And Hecate was once a God, though also referred to as a demon in demonology.

Old 2009-08-27, 09:22   Link #1800
Terminator98
*Author

Eh, I thought she was only the Goddess of Witchcraft in the Greek's pantheon?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen