AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-11, 18:53   Link #221
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Maybe, but the fact is, Kira turned off the nuclear reactor, I don't know how the mighty explosion took place or why it happened in the first place, but the main point, is that the explosion is not NUCLEAR. Maybe it was the Impulse's body parts or something, or part of the plasma cannon in the Freedom. Whatever it was, it was not nuclear.

Or even if it was, so what? Kira's cockpit did not explode and that is all that matters., I may seem naive but the cockpit of a mobile suit that relies on nuclear power should be able to withstand the radiation of the nuclear in the first place.

Additionally, he could've just ejected.
The emergency shut down of the reactor including the phase shift armor are down into a ordinary armor are vulnerable from the high degrees of heat can melt like a butter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That was mostly the Tannhauser blast hitting the water. Freedom was no closer to that than Impulse was, so either both should have been destroyed by it, or neither should have been.
Hmmm the Tanhauser clearly direct at the back of A.A. still submerging on the sea level i dont know if its hit at the engine propulsion or the missile ammunition stowage at the rear would result horrific explosion from the inside.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 22:42   Link #222
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Hmmm the Tanhauser clearly direct at the back of A.A. still submerging on the sea level i dont know if its hit at the engine propulsion or the missile ammunition stowage at the rear would result horrific explosion from the inside.
Probably just hit water. The Tannhauser is essentially the same as the Lohengrin cannons, and positron cannons are, from what I understand, antimatter beam cannons. There was a very good reason why Murrue refused to use the Lohengrins within the Earth's atmosphere on a target, and that massive explosion we saw is likely that reason.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 06:51   Link #223
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The emergency shut down of the reactor including the phase shift armor are down into a ordinary armor are vulnerable from the high degrees of heat can melt like a butter.
What? I am guessing here that you mean that when Kira shut down the nuclear reactor, the phase shift armor will die as well. Well, that is true. But from the fact that Kira's cockpit remained intact, the explosion did not seem to take place anywhere near the cockpit. Maybe it's like the eye of the storm or something. OR maybe the cockpit is highly protected and is encased in multiple layers of titanium. We just don't know, considering the CE generation mobile suits have very limited data on them. They don't even have the numbers for total propulsion, for God's sake.

OR then again, he could've just ejected the whole cockpit and the giant wave covered his descent to the water. It's hard to believe, but plausible.

OR, we can all just blame it on Destiny's bad writing. For some reason, I loved that show, but by god, it had plot holes larger than the pacific ocean.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 08:49   Link #224
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
So its better to keep blasting the beamshield and hopin to overheat the generators?
Well, better than letting Destroy continue unopposed. And who knows? Sooner or later a weakness that Kira can exploit may show up eventually. And in fact, that's exactly what happened, even if it took Shinn to start the ball rolling, so to speak.
Quote:
And when he sees that Shinn clearly wont let him escape?How about going tactical on Shinn's sorry ass and atleast deal enough damage to him to buy time?
And he did. Kira gave Shinn enough damage to warrant replacement of Impulse part plus getting Archangel enough time to escpe. After all, we've all seen how fearsome Shinn can be to enemy ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
hmm I actually see where you're coming from, although I disagree. For one we don't actually know what Kira is doing at the end of Destiny, it took the SEs to show us Kira not returning to the island. So by your definition of his character development (unless I've misunderstood) it took the epilogue of the compilation movies to show his change of character.
You don't have to go to SE, not even Final Plus (although they do certainly add to the matter, like Kira's second conversation with Shinn at the memorial place and the scene with Kira apparently still a soldier, although for the wrong nation in my opinion). But just listening to Kira's conversation with Dullindal inside Messiah should be enough for you to tell he's a different man than he was at the end of SEED/beginning of DESTINY. Now he still has some of the same basic believes he's had, but he just has a different way of going about it, right or wrong. He has an added resolve to stand and fight for the future, not just the present.
Quote:
Secondly, and I think this is the more important point, I personally don't see Kira doing anything other than continueing to follow Lacus around, and so I do deny that Kira did grow as a character.
His relationship with Lacus is just a part of who Kira is right now. And it's not like dumping Lacus is a sign of growth anyway. That only happens if you're truly in a bad relationship.
Quote:
It was a combat victory for Shinn, nobody will deny that Freedom went down.

It was a strategic victory for Kira, AA escaped with Cagalli and eventually made it to Orb. On top of that Kira somehow surivived the destruction of Freedom so Shinn didn't accomplish his personal goal.
Indeed, I think that is correct.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 19:17   Link #225
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably just hit water. The Tannhauser is essentially the same as the Lohengrin cannons, and positron cannons are, from what I understand, antimatter beam cannons. There was a very good reason why Murrue refused to use the Lohengrins within the Earth's atmosphere on a target, and that massive explosion we saw is likely that reason.
If it hit the water this will send high up in to the air that would indicate a near miss and no explosion. If there no explosion there will be no fire and flooding at the engine compartment and the A.A. is perfectly good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
What? I am guessing here that you mean that when Kira shut down the nuclear reactor, the phase shift armor will die as well. Well, that is true. But from the fact that Kira's cockpit remained intact, the explosion did not seem to take place anywhere near the cockpit. Maybe it's like the eye of the storm or something. OR maybe the cockpit is highly protected and is encased in multiple layers of titanium. We just don't know, considering the CE generation mobile suits have very limited data on them. They don't even have the numbers for total propulsion, for God's sake.

OR then again, he could've just ejected the whole cockpit and the giant wave covered his descent to the water. It's hard to believe, but plausible.

OR, we can all just blame it on Destiny's bad writing. For some reason, I loved that show, but by god, it had plot holes larger than the pacific ocean.
Then the Strike should have the ejection seat in the near self destruct of the Aegis.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 19:40   Link #226
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
If it hit the water this will send high up in to the air that would indicate a near miss and no explosion. If there no explosion there will be no fire and flooding at the engine compartment and the A.A. is perfectly good condition.
If the Tannhauser had hit the Archangel, there wouldn't have BEEN an Archangel left. Those things seem to be pretty fatal, considering every time one of those beams has hit a ship, it killed it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:21   Link #227
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
If it hit the water this will send high up in to the air that would indicate a near miss and no explosion.
You're thinking of the effects when a conventional weapon hits water. However, the Tannhauser fires off positrons as part of this mechanism, so it'll cause a huge explosion if it hits anything with a quantity of electrons. Water has plenty of electrons, so we end up with that huge explosion.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 09:58   Link #228
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
You're thinking of the effects when a conventional weapon hits water. However, the Tannhauser fires off positrons as part of this mechanism, so it'll cause a huge explosion if it hits anything with a quantity of electrons. Water has plenty of electrons, so we end up with that huge explosion.
Salt H20 electrons contact Positron Beam Cannon create antimatter I forgot about that during my school days.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 10:14   Link #229
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Salt H20 electrons contact Positron Beam Cannon create antimatter I forgot about that during my school days.
It's not just the salt in the water, it's water itself (and all atoms and molecules for that matter) that'll have electrons.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 10:58   Link #230
Sander RX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
You're thinking of the effects when a conventional weapon hits water. However, the Tannhauser fires off positrons as part of this mechanism, so it'll cause a huge explosion if it hits anything with a quantity of electrons. Water has plenty of electrons, so we end up with that huge explosion.
And yet the mirrors deflect
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 22:36   Link #231
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
And yet the mirrors deflect
Akatsuki's anti-beam defensive system reflects.
Next, whether or not it is really possible for Akatsuki's armor to withstand the powers of a positron cannon, we do not know. We lack information; we don't know exactly how or what Akatsuki's armor coating is made up of.

However, positron cannons are from Orb, in case you didn't know.
I wouldn't be surprised if Akatsuki actually has the accurate defenses against it.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 06:30   Link #232
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Then the Strike should have the ejection seat in the near self destruct of the Aegis.
Well, it should. But again, we don't know. I know that the standard GINN already had ejector pods, invented in CE 72, or something, which greatly helps the safety of the pilot. But maybe they did not manage to add that function in the Strike. Maybe Kira was too shocked to use it. He only had give or take 5 seconds to do it. Again, blame it on the lack of info on CE suits.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 10:36   Link #233
Sander RX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
We lack information; we don't know exactly how or what Akatsuki's armor coating is made up of.
Except,we do
MAHQ.net,ORB-01 Akatsuki's profile
Quote:
Perhaps the most unique feature of the Akatsuki is its "Yata-no-Kagami" anti-beam defensive reflection system, which is coated on the armor. Comprised of many tiny mirrors, the armor coating the Akatsuki to reflect any beam energy fired at it.
Behold the power of invincible Many Tiny Mirrors!
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:43   Link #234
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Except,we do
MAHQ.net,ORB-01 Akatsuki's profile

Behold the power of invincible Many Tiny Mirrors!
Yes, and what are these mirrors made up from?
Exactly how defensive are they?

We still lack information. Yes, we do know briefly what it's made up of. That's why I added the word "exactly".
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 15:42   Link #235
RedWing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Mirrors? WTF? No fancy tech, no super particles - but plain old shiny mirrors?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:12   Link #236
Eagles
Char clone
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Wait Mwu reflected an antimatter-beam using mirrors?!?! God I love gundam physics. Although I shouldn't be surprised considering an antimatter beam itself is pretty ridiculous. (it is an antimatter beam right?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
You don't have to go to SE, not even Final Plus (although they do certainly add to the matter, like Kira's second conversation with Shinn at the memorial place and the scene with Kira apparently still a soldier, although for the wrong nation in my opinion). But just listening to Kira's conversation with Dullindal inside Messiah should be enough for you to tell he's a different man than he was at the end of SEED/beginning of DESTINY. Now he still has some of the same basic believes he's had, but he just has a different way of going about it, right or wrong. He has an added resolve to stand and fight for the future, not just the present.
I don't remember much of Kira's converstation with Dullindal, so I can't comment much on it. I've watched the first two Destiny movies, I'll watch the other two at some point and maybe then I'll see if I agree with you or not.

Quote:
His relationship with Lacus is just a part of who Kira is right now. And it's not like dumping Lacus is a sign of growth anyway. That only happens if you're truly in a bad relationship.
I never meant he should dump Lacus. I was saying that I saw Kira joining ZAFT more like him following Lacus rather him making the decision on his own.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:21   Link #237
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Yes, and what are these mirrors made up from?
Exactly how defensive are they?

We still lack information. Yes, we do know briefly what it's made up of. That's why I added the word "exactly".
DLP
__________________
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 21:41   Link #238
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
I never meant he should dump Lacus. I was saying that I saw Kira joining ZAFT more like him following Lacus rather him making the decision on his own.
I understand now, but really, the two things are not mutually exclusive. If Kira decided joining ZAFT is a way for him to achieve his purpose (whether to be with Lacus or something else), that's still him deciding on his own to do it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 21:45   Link #239
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
It did not reflect the anti-matter it simply impenetrable of a mirror coating that it should be out of control and slam at the deck bridge by that powerful positron blast.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:13   Link #240
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
It did not reflect the anti-matter it simply impenetrable of a mirror coating that it should be out of control and slam at the deck bridge by that powerful positron blast.
Well, actually, the Akatsuki beam coating is said to be powerful enough to dissipate positron beams. I asked my physics teacher about this actually and he said that there is something about the gold armor of the Akatsuki which affects its strength and that it was theoretically possible to do such a thing. He then proceeded to write a lot of equations on the board which I do not understand.

When a low-energy positron collides with a low-energy electron, annihilation occurs, resulting in the production of two gamma ray photons

I do remember that though. And he said that the positron beam might not be powerful enough to annihilate the electrons in the mirror and the gold armor. Especially because mirrors' electronic configuration are supposed to be pretty strong.

Of course, what I am saying could be making absolutely no sense as this concept is way beyond my years and I am only saying what I understand.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.