AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-17, 09:55   Link #241
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Well, actually, the Akatsuki beam coating is said to be powerful enough to dissipate positron beams. I asked my physics teacher about this actually and he said that there is something about the gold armor of the Akatsuki which affects its strength and that it was theoretically possible to do such a thing. He then proceeded to write a lot of equations on the board which I do not understand.

When a low-energy positron collides with a low-energy electron, annihilation occurs, resulting in the production of two gamma ray photons

I do remember that though. And he said that the positron beam might not be powerful enough to annihilate the electrons in the mirror and the gold armor. Especially because mirrors' electronic configuration are supposed to be pretty strong.

Of course, what I am saying could be making absolutely no sense as this concept is way beyond my years and I am only saying what I understand.
The only evidence i heard long time ago the director questioning about the Tanhauser can really repel the Akatsuki? He answer I don't know and laugh.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 04:41   Link #242
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only evidence i heard long time ago the director questioning about the Tanhauser can really repel the Akatsuki? He answer I don't know and laugh.
Fukuda? Well, that's his answer for everything.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:30   Link #243
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only evidence i heard long time ago the director questioning about the Tanhauser can really repel the Akatsuki? He answer I don't know and laugh.
That's fair enough, Sci-Fi is Sci-Fi after all.
__________________

Last edited by Zenemis; 2008-09-19 at 12:43.
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 01:10   Link #244
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
That's fair enough, Sci-Fi is Sci-Fi after all.

@Paladin - Don't disparage people you have very limited knowledge of, it's far too common, and very sheep-like.
Yet the statement "I don't know" could hardly stand as a point in a discussion.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 01:17   Link #245
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Fukuda is paid to make anime, not to do crazy physics/technology theories and such.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 01:53   Link #246
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Yet the statement "I don't know" could hardly stand as a point in a discussion.
If he doesn't know, he's going to say "I don't know".

It's very likely he, or whoever was in charge of those scenes, just said "The Akatzuki reflects beams", and just assumed the Tannhauser cannon was a beam, even though its stated as an Anti-Positron Cannon - that name is just for show.
__________________
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:20   Link #247
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
That's fair enough, Sci-Fi is Sci-Fi after all.

@Paladin - Don't disparage people you have very limited knowledge of, it's far too common, and very sheep-like.
Actually, I think that he is a pretty good director. Cyber GPX Formula, was it? I don't remember, was awesome. I still remember watching it as a kid and enjoying it. But his interviews in Destiny is just horrifying. If anyone who didn''t watch GSD, read what he said, no one could tell that he was the director.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:38   Link #248
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
If he doesn't know, he's going to say "I don't know".

It's very likely he, or whoever was in charge of those scenes, just said "The Akatzuki reflects beams", and just assumed the Tannhauser cannon was a beam, even though its stated as an Anti-Positron Cannon - that name is just for show.
I agree. He doesn't know, thus he would say so.
Still doesn't make a point though.

Also, Tannhauser is a positron beam cannon, not anti-positron cannon.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:42   Link #249
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
@ Paladin - Yep, the Cyber Formula series, and Gear Fighter Dendoh. My apologies if my post sounded harsh, I must've written it at a time I shouldn't have been awake.

@ Neku - Thanks for the correction, an anti-positron would probably just be an electron :P
__________________
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:31   Link #250
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Man,about this Akatsuki "problem" i blame it on those GSD creator coz they don't think first before made that scene.People now are curios & clever so make it real.Maybe they ran out of idea how to make Mwu remember his past.Why not make Mwu face Rey and fight Dragoon vs Dragoon, it would be interesting right.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:04   Link #251
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I still think Kira is a good pilot,sure they misuse him in GSD but see him disable those Abyss,Chaos & Gaia.It's his first encounter with them & make them look like an rookie.

Of cource he use his SEED mode but he control it unlike Shinn who misuse his SEED mode with his rage blindly.Yeah sure Shinn did beat Kira & three reason why he can:

a) Rey help him devise the combat strategy.
b) Impulse has spare parts(that creative & cheating!!!)
c) Kira had sworn not to kill again,in that episode he want to buy some time for Archangel to escape.

I think more reason so my thought is Shinn completely depend on his Seed mode rather his skill.Kira control his Seed mode with calm & focus.

(THANKS TO GSD CREATOR FOR MAKE KIRA LOOK SO STUPID.)
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 22:32   Link #252
Eagles
Char clone
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
I still think Kira is a good pilot,sure they misuse him in GSD but see him disable those Abyss,Chaos & Gaia.It's his first encounter with them & make them look like an rookie.

Of cource he use his SEED mode but he control it unlike Shinn who misuse his SEED mode with his rage blindly.Yeah sure Shinn did beat Kira & three reason why he can:

a) Rey help him devise the combat strategy.
b) Impulse has spare parts(that creative & cheating!!!)
c) Kira had sworn not to kill again,in that episode he want to buy some time for Archangel to escape.

I think more reason so my thought is Shinn completely depend on his Seed mode rather his skill.Kira control his Seed mode with calm & focus.

(THANKS TO GSD CREATOR FOR MAKE KIRA LOOK SO STUPID.)
Nobody was saying that Kira isn't a good pilot (or at least I wasn't trying to). And everyone has agreed that Impulse vs Freedom wasn't a 'fair' fight.

*******************************************
Going back to an earlier discussion on Impulse Shinn vs Strike Kira (in terms of skill shown) having rewatched the first 21 episodes of GS and skimmed through the third GSD movie I thought I'd add a couple of things:

Shinn in Impulse:
- During the Impulse vs Freedom fight Shinn has the sword pack launched and pulls weapons off of it while keeping his Force pack on. I think I mentioned already, but thought I'd brought it up again since it's pretty clever.

Kira in Strike:
- In episode 18 (I think?) Kira's facing three BuCUEs, he throws his shield at one to knock them out of formation and flies past them. They launch some (heat seeking?) missiles at Kira and Kira does a flip and kicks up some sand to block the missiles (don't know how that works, but it's pretty cool) which creates a sand cloud which Kira uses as cover to surprise and shoot down a BuCUE that jumps over a head.

- I'm actually surprised this didn't come up (or if it did I don't remember it), because this is probably the biggest thing going in Kira's favor in terms of the Strike vs Impulse skill argument. Kira was fighting coordinators and Shinn was fighting Naturals (with the exception of Kira, and I'd say the extended since they can probably fight on coordinator levels), and as GS, GSD and Stargazer have shown us coordinators >>>>> naturals.


I still think Shinn in Impulse was better than Kira in Strike (or at least more impressive), but I'll probably think that until they fight in some weird time overlap event and Kira wins (and I know Impulse > Strike, but I'm conveniently leaving that fact out).


ps I forgot how sexy Athrun's voice is.
__________________
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 02:31   Link #253
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Kira was fighting coordinators and Shinn was fighting Naturals
Well, we could say that, but considering that Shinn had backup and Kira had none(Except Mwu) during the Strike days... I'd say all in all that Kira is better based on the fact that Kira has an etched attitude during those days that it's 'one and done' due to the fact that Strike is the only MS that the EA can utilize, if Strike was taken out of the equation during most of the battles in SEED, AA would've been sunk, It was proven during ep 36, that they really needed Strike. The same cannot be said of Shinn and Impulse, suure he did those things, but there's one thing, everyone other pilot can use Impulse. Rey and Luna could pilot, but If Kira during those days was not around, then there was no pilot capable of Defending the Archangel, so it's clear, Kira knows how to handle pressure by this time, Shinn on the other hand has not proven to be....(this term is usually associated with pressure), clutch.

Kira's battles have been more intense, and with more pressure too(and it does not help that Fllay prods you to unleash on your fellow Coordinators).

Shinn had pretty good resources. With Minerva , he has unlimited energy, unlimited respawns and good backup MS. Kira just had Mwu and Himself going against the absolute best of ZAFT. He had to conserve his every move because he is limited by his hardware, Shinn on the other hand just needed to bump Meyrin for more energy
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 06:11   Link #254
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Man,about this Akatsuki "problem" i blame it on those GSD creator coz they don't think first before made that scene.People now are curios & clever so make it real.Maybe they ran out of idea how to make Mwu remember his past.Why not make Mwu face Rey and fight Dragoon vs Dragoon, it would be interesting right.
Yes it would interesting to regain his memory rather than the impossible to exaggerated possible of the Tanhauser but i would prefer to fight Shinn to make more punishable by breaking his promise not to send Stella into combat again if Shinn knew his alive he's a dead meat by now.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 06:49   Link #255
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
Well, we could say that, but considering that Shinn had backup and Kira had none(Except Mwu) during the Strike days... I'd say all in all that Kira is better based on the fact that Kira has an etched attitude during those days that it's 'one and done' due to the fact that Strike is the only MS that the EA can utilize, if Strike was taken out of the equation during most of the battles in SEED, AA would've been sunk, It was proven during ep 36, that they really needed Strike. The same cannot be said of Shinn and Impulse, suure he did those things, but there's one thing, everyone other pilot can use Impulse. Rey and Luna could pilot, but If Kira during those days was not around, then there was no pilot capable of Defending the Archangel, so it's clear, Kira knows how to handle pressure by this time, Shinn on the other hand has not proven to be....(this term is usually associated with pressure), clutch.

Kira's battles have been more intense, and with more pressure too(and it does not help that Fllay prods you to unleash on your fellow Coordinators).

Shinn had pretty good resources. With Minerva , he has unlimited energy, unlimited respawns and good backup MS. Kira just had Mwu and Himself going against the absolute best of ZAFT. He had to conserve his every move because he is limited by his hardware, Shinn on the other hand just needed to bump Meyrin for more energy
Bravo. You stole the words from my keyboard. Give the man a cookie!!
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 14:00   Link #256
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Yeah Kira is better in strike than Shinn in Impulse.Kira face 4 gundam at once like in GS.Kira learn to handle pressure and keep his calm.Remember he defeated ZAFT underwater ace and so many Coordinator.Kira even disable those EA druggies in GSD.Kira first time activated his seed mode to save AA when he learn AA under attack.

Shinn otherwise activated his seed mode because of his frustation on his enemy and he even destroyed his old mentor ship.Athrun even call him stupid when Shinn rush to kill him while Luna wan't Shinn to stop in ep 50 GSD.Shinn just fight more Natural pilot.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 15:31   Link #257
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
Kira is a better pilot than Shinn. Kira had fought to protect both Lacus and his planet/side, whereas Shinn had fought to revenge Mayu's death. Thus, Kira can handle pressure and remain calm, even battling aces a few at once, while Shinn can't. Simply, Shinn is too consumed in his hatred against Kira over the death of Mayu.

In terms of mobile suit design, both the Strike and Impulse looks great, as well as the Destiny and Freedom.
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 02:54   Link #258
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Huh? Since when Shinn discover Kira is the culprit over the death his parents and Mayu? If Kira knew he accident killed Shinn parents it would be great effect moral damage and combat skills.

If you say Kira better than Shinn well look carefully again Kira has already SEED Mode and maintain concentration while Shinn is not yet Seed Mode and well prepared strategy and tactics until Kira shot almost at Impulse head and dodge it and now Shinn is now on Seed Mode until his doom.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2008-09-27 at 03:10.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 03:40   Link #259
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Huh? Since when Shinn discover Kira is the culprit over the death his parents and Mayu? If Kira knew he accident killed Shinn parents it would be great effect moral damage and combat skills.

If you say Kira better than Shinn well look carefully again Kira has already SEED Mode and maintain concentration while Shinn is not yet Seed Mode and well prepared strategy and tactics until Kira shot almost at Impulse head and dodge it and now Shinn is now on Seed Mode until his doom.
okay, your grammar needs work, btw...

Anyways, I think that what you are saying that Kira is already in SEED mode when he faced off against Shinn. . .

Well, um, if you had actually paid attention to what happened, in their previous encounters, Kira basically raped Shinn. As time went on, Shinn developed a strategy. Then, he fought with Kira. Kira actually SLASHED IMPULSE IN TWO when Shinn entered SEED mode and Shinn could not do any significant damage when he is still on normal mode....

It is just that Shinn still has about a million Silhouettes left in his arsenal. ..
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 03:53   Link #260
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
If you say Kira better than Shinn well look carefully again Kira has already SEED Mode and maintain concentration while Shinn is not yet Seed Mode and well prepared strategy and tactics until Kira shot almost at Impulse head and dodge it and now Shinn is now on Seed Mode until his doom.
Sorry, but Rau was concentrated at causing Havoc, doesn't mean to say that Kira has no chance beating him, because in SEED/Destiny.... RAGE >>>> Concentration, just ask Rau...

And mind you, if Kira was in the same emotional state as Shinn was, He would've ripped Impulse into pieces. It's this simple, Kira had nothing more to gain if he defeated Shinn, But Shinn practically had a target sign on Freedom. Given enough motivation to destroy impulse, Kira would've done so.

Considering the fact that Shinn Expected the no-kill tactic from Kira at first; It broke Kira's rythym. Thus affecting the whole battle, had Kira started as if he's going to kill Impulse, Shinn would've been the one to lose it.

But nonetheless, Kira still had his fault for not trying to go all out.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.