AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-25, 10:14   Link #1
Megawinters
Giver of Squirrely Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Enjoying the shade under a tree
Send a message via AIM to Megawinters Send a message via MSN to Megawinters Send a message via Yahoo to Megawinters
Captains?

Okay, so after watching esp 119, something has been bothering me so I bring it here.

Okay so after Aizen and the gang leaves they were left without 3 captains. Renji asked Ikkaku to be one of the captains because he knew Banki.

So?

Renji knows banki too, and it's not like there isn't three positions to fill. Okay, true that Ikkaku is strong but so is Renji and alot of the others as well.

So am I the only one that is lost about this? Am I just over thinking it? And why haven't they gotten new captains yet? It's been a while...you would think that they would get captains asap especially after the Bounto attacks and with Aizen raising to power and all. You would think they would give those squads a leader asap. Again...I'm over thinking airn't I?
__________________


If you follow me, I will never forgive you
Megawinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 10:41   Link #2
kEi-kun!
Ban~kai!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I thought the exact same thing. I just don't understand why they haven't already appointed 3 news captains: Renji and Ikkaku being the first 2 to come to my mind.
Renji is strong enough imo to fill in a captain seat, as well as Ikkaku. As for the third one, I have no idea. Anyway, people will tell you here that the Bount arc doesn't count, because it is not "canon" (this word is way over and mis-used too). As it's an anime only filler arc, many Bleach fans don't even acknowledge its existence.
Anyway, Bount arc or not, still it makes little sense to me that there are still 3 free captain seats, especially when you know that Aisen is planning some evil plan asap.
So I don't think you're overthinking it, I'm with you on this!
__________________
bleach
-We are not going down that easily-
kEi-kun! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 18:27   Link #3
Megawinters
Giver of Squirrely Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Enjoying the shade under a tree
Send a message via AIM to Megawinters Send a message via MSN to Megawinters Send a message via Yahoo to Megawinters
Yeah, they did imply that it their is a huge gap in power but it is also said that only captains (expect Kenpachi) knew banki and was implied that that was one of the gaps in power. Because it takes alot of power and years of training to achieve. And so far, there are 2 vice captains that know it.

So, they are atleast qualified for it. Besides, wouldn't they need the other three captains to help out with Aizens plans. Cause even Hitsugaya has mentioned that he keeps forgetting to give orders to the other squad that he is suppose to watch. Plus now that he is in the real world too, wouldn't that make it even more difficult to run his squad let alone another one? Makes no sense
__________________


If you follow me, I will never forgive you
Megawinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 19:03   Link #4
dreadwing
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC, Canada
They can always point Ichigo as the 3rd candidate but since his is sort of a vizard don't know if they accept him or maybe they could ask Urahara to come back not....can't think of any others since we barely know anything about alot of other chars maybe Rukia or even Ichigo dad could be a good choice.
dreadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 19:10   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
There's too much chaos recently at SS. They probably won't want to sit down and pick replacements till everything cools down.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 19:52   Link #6
kEi-kun!
Ban~kai!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There's too much chaos recently at SS. They probably won't want to sit down and pick replacements till everything cools down.
Yeah I agree with this theory.
Nevertheless, there will come a time when they need to replace those missing captain seats, in order to be well prepared for the coming battle against Aizen & Co.
The more prepared for a battle, the more efficient
__________________
bleach
-We are not going down that easily-
kEi-kun! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 19:53   Link #7
lommm
l'homme de lommm
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 34 3 118 15
i have info to add. i think it spoils from the manga. but it's very, very minor and shouldn't interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the anime.

Spoiler for very minor spoiler from the manga:


they could always "un-disgrace" the Shiba clan and make Kuukaku a captain. she's probably qualified, even if she sin't technically a shinigami. and if they want to really mess the anime up and differ from the manga, they can bring Ran Tao back and make her captain of 5th Squad. or some such nonsense.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 21:10   Link #8
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i have info to add. i think it spoils from the manga. but it's very, very minor and shouldn't interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the anime.

Spoiler for very minor spoiler from the manga:


they could always "un-disgrace" the Shiba clan and make Kuukaku a captain. she's probably qualified, even if she sin't technically a shinigami. and if they want to really mess the anime up and differ from the manga, they can bring Ran Tao back and make her captain of 5th Squad. or some such nonsense.
Didn't Ran Tao lost all her powers ? I watched all the fillers, but I guess I have already forgotten half of it.
And I guess they don't want to see Kuukaku's house inside Seireitei.

Except for the morale thingie, I don't see why they should name new captains right now. Ukitake's division is doing fine without a vice-captain and with a captain who seems incapacited most of the time.
Moving Renji or Ikkaku might be arguable, but promoting Hisagi won't make his division or seiretei stronger. And there are plenty of other guys capable of doing their works.

If the vice-captains should be doing something right now, it's not doing captain paperwork or asking for a promotion, but training like hell to be able to take the responsibily of a captain when the fight against Aizen actually occurs.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-03-25 at 21:28. Reason: removed manga spoilers
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 21:19   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Appointing Renji and Ikkaku wont make the squads much stronger or fill the power void left by Taichos but will boost the morale of the squad . The morale of the squads is pretty much down due to betrayal of their Taichos

Spoiler for manga:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 21:40   Link #10
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Then make Ganju captain !

I am not sure Hisagi would raise very much his squad's morale as he seemed to really look up to Tousen.

I agree things need to be done for Aizen's squad, but I am not sure a strong fighter is what they need right now. Naming a guy who was either invisible or got owned by their former captains won't pump them too much. And it could even be worse for Hisagi who lost to a 5th seat (even if no one knows how he lost nor how strong Yumichika really is)

I vote Ganju for 5th division temporary captain !
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 00:26   Link #11
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawinters View Post
Okay, so after watching esp 119, something has been bothering me so I bring it here.

Okay so after Aizen and the gang leaves they were left without 3 captains. Renji asked Ikkaku to be one of the captains because he knew Banki.

So?

Renji knows banki too, and it's not like there isn't three positions to fill. Okay, true that Ikkaku is strong but so is Renji and alot of the others as well.

So am I the only one that is lost about this? Am I just over thinking it? And why haven't they gotten new captains yet? It's been a while...you would think that they would get captains asap especially after the Bounto attacks and with Aizen raising to power and all. You would think they would give those squads a leader asap. Again...I'm over thinking airn't I?
I agree with others that the level gap between a vc and a captain is great but the reason why Renji asked Ikkaku to be one is not only because he knows ban kai but he has a lot more experience.

119 proved a bunch of things about Ikkaku. Ikkaku has leadership qualities and was a sempai for a long time and taught Renji quite well. That and the fact that he knew ban kai for awhile shows his experience. Three people knew of his abilities and if everyone knew about it, he would be a quite the candidate for a captain position.

Even though Renji has ban kai, he's only been VC for a short time so I think captains would require a bit more experience than he's had but eventually he will be captain...just I don't think he's qualified to be one right now. Just because one has ban kai doesn't necessarily exhibits overall qualities of captain.

Also, I agree that SS is pretty hectic. When you've got three captains planning on world domination and all with an army of espadas or arrancars is something of a prime concern and filling in three captain positions is the least of their worries.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 06:33   Link #12
Hir0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
i wouldnt mind to see Kuukaku being captain lol

I reckon she could be captain level+ since she is friends with Urahara and Yoruichi

For some reason i dont think ikkaku is good enough to be captain, hes not serious enough because he likes to fight lol

He would probally throw a squad like 11th squad if he was captain lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:00   Link #13
amOKchen
duel me
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 29
Dan Kanji for captain.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:39   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I vote Ganju for 5th division temporary captain !
Quote:
Originally Posted by amOKchen View Post
Dan Kanji for captain.
It would be really funny to picture Kuu or Ganju for that matter in Taicho robes: heh: Kanoji would revolutionize Gotei 13 that would be awesome : D . Kannoji Kuu and Ganju get my votes
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 10:32   Link #15
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Age: 28
I don't see Renji as leader material. Ikkaku has a slightly better chance, but he's more of a solo fighter that doesn't want anyone to ruin his fun (Much like Zaraki, only less effective) thus I do not nominate him as a leader either. Zaraki scares the poop out of his followers and enemies and that's why people listen to him. Ikkaku is not the type to show off his power or abilities, nor does he want to leave his squad/best friend anyway. Because if he were to take the seat of captain, he'd have to leave his long time friend and develop a close relationship with his new vice captain (which I doubt would happen because for some reason no one understand him like Yumichika does.) Right now the low morale of the missing captain teams will have to depend on their vice captains. That's why they're there anyway. Plus their new captains has to sort of match the team's personality unless you expect the new captain to reform the entire team's personality/way to do things like Zaraki did. (Imagines Zaraki receiving healing powers and governing Squad 4...) And Aizen's team will have to depend on their 3rd seat whom we have not seen yet. I mean the 13th Squad has been missing their Vice Captain for a while anyway and never bothered to replace... Unless they have already and will tell us in the future... ^_~
__________________


Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:51   Link #16
Megawinters
Giver of Squirrely Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Enjoying the shade under a tree
Send a message via AIM to Megawinters Send a message via MSN to Megawinters Send a message via Yahoo to Megawinters
So many view points. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has over thought this. Time to throw in another idea...

Everyone is talking about power and honestly, I really can't see Retsu Unohana (4th div cap) kick butt. True the 4th division is the healing group, but that was how she made it like Kenpachi made the 11th totally kick a**. And it is meantioned that anyone that beats a captain becomes captain of that squad. Honestly, I feel that anyone could kick her butt. Perhaps it's not a matter of finding someone to be a captain, but someone that WANTS to be a captain.
__________________


If you follow me, I will never forgive you
Megawinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 13:01   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Well, if we assume the Bounto arc filler material that "never happened", there probably has little time passed since the SS arc. So perhaps they didn't have that much time to sit down and select new captains. Plus i think it would require a long-ass captain meeting or whatever, and i bet people have their hands full at the moment. Not to mention Hitsu is in this world, so they would have to call him back for a meeting >.<

Plus i doubt there are many people that would qualify for captain level. Ikkaku doesn't want to, and i have hard time picturing Renji in that position. (Though he is probably the closest we have to a candidate).

But they should do something about 5th squad >.< - it lacks both captain and vice-captain... they should hurry with waking Momo up at least
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:32   Link #18
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawinters View Post
So many view points. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has over thought this. Time to throw in another idea...

Everyone is talking about power and honestly, I really can't see Retsu Unohana (4th div cap) kick butt. True the 4th division is the healing group, but that was how she made it like Kenpachi made the 11th totally kick a**. And it is meantioned that anyone that beats a captain becomes captain of that squad. Honestly, I feel that anyone could kick her butt. Perhaps it's not a matter of finding someone to be a captain, but someone that WANTS to be a captain.
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Until they show us her true power and why she became captain class other than her healing abilities, we can't tell how strong she is. I suppose we are to assume she has a Bankai seeing as she's a captain with a zankupatou with a name... Unlike Zaraki. You think her Bankai is a giant healing ooze or something that can actually cause damage/regress your form into a baby? Remember when she was healing most of squad 11 I believe and they got rowdy? As soon as she came in they all shut up, I'm assuming not only because she has their lives in her healing hands, but also because of the fact that she is indeed a captain and they have SOME KIND of reputation to be scary. I mean look at Aizen before you knew he was evil. Did he look the least bit scary and able to "kick-ass"? I doubt it. He could have been the captain in charge of the SS Library for all you know. Stereotypes haha. Anyway Soi Fon never showed her Bankai yet, and once again we are to assume she has one. Can you see her getting to captain level without one?
__________________


Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 20:45   Link #19
Megawinters
Giver of Squirrely Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Enjoying the shade under a tree
Send a message via AIM to Megawinters Send a message via MSN to Megawinters Send a message via Yahoo to Megawinters
Honestly, the 4th captain just seems...to timid and nice. I can't even picture her with a mean look on her face, let alone standing over someone beating the crap out of them. And yeah, I can see Soi Fon being captain level with a banki, but that's just cause she rules. Now, as for Aizen...I never really thought of Aizen before he turned evil. He was just so low profile, then bam! Evil! But looking back, no I couldn't see him kicking butt.

Yeah, Soi Fong Kicks Ass ^_^
__________________


If you follow me, I will never forgive you
Megawinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 21:28   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D

Uno isn’t the weakest taicho . Who is the weakest taicho is debatable but definitely not Uno . Uno may or may not be good in Zanjutsu but there are 3 other disciplines and nothing is known about her strength or powers. Two indications regarding her strength

- She was the only to guess something is wrong with Aizen’s body despite being in hypnosis

- Other squads respect and fear her .The same respect is not shown to her other officers. Lemura being a 3rd seat has to address other 3rd seated officers honorifically with san or sama .

Renji and Ikkaku are the best and only choices to fill the vacancy . Though I am a big fan of Ikkaku let me say this they are not taicho level near taicho level. They don’t have taicho reatsu either .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.