AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-29, 10:02   Link #161
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Dang, I was hoping someone would post more screencaps from the OP, but these are the only new ones for now.
Spoiler:
Yes, that IS a nice picture of Lycoris. The screenshots of Lycoris and Nerine on the dunes that I've seen so far do appear to have trace/wallpaper potential. I may actually get motivated and take a stab at tracing one myself. I've done a few very small traces just to see if I could handle the basic steps involved, but I haven't done one so far that I would be willing to show anyone else.
Old 2007-01-29, 14:10   Link #162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Making an obligatory appearance here in Nerine's thread since it is her first episode.... but outside of the OP/ED parts I continue to feel that the sole purpose of this series is to sell character-focused DVDs - like moving scrap books...
Woot for Nerine... but good grief, what a tacky tarty unflattering cheerleader outfit (yes, I've seen the original artpiece but it wasn't improved in the 'animization'....).
Old 2007-01-29, 15:07   Link #163
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Is that a subtle hint for Daniel? :3
It would be nice to make one indeed; Nerine is my third favorite Shuffle girl after all.

The problem here is that I am really worn out from the Maid Tsuruya and Kaede traces. . It will be quite a few days before I try something else. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Yes, that IS a nice picture of Lycoris. The screenshots of Lycoris and Nerine on the dunes that I've seen so far do appear to have trace/wallpaper potential. I may actually get motivated and take a stab at tracing one myself. I've done a few very small traces just to see if I could handle the basic steps involved, but I haven't done one so far that I would be willing to show anyone else.
Here's hoping you can show us something in the future.

Tracing is all about patience in the end.
Old 2007-02-01, 16:31   Link #164
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Here's hoping you can show us something in the future.

Tracing is all about patience in the end.
Thanks for the encouragement, but something like that Lycoris picture is way out of my league right now - maybe if I can get a screencap with a higher resolution it won't seem quite so daunting. It would also probably help if I broke down and bought a copy of Photoshop instead of using the software that came packaged with my computer.

I do have a trace of Lycoris as a child that I was experimenting with: it's a very rough work in progress (the eyes especially need a lot of work) and it isn't going to be impressing anyone, but it is probably the best piece I've done so far.

Old 2007-02-01, 17:25   Link #165
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Massive disappointment in ep 4 .... its almost as much about Sia (much like the Asa ep seemed more about Kaede) as it is Nerine. Given the amount of missing material, I'm weighting the odds towards the second half of this "series" being more of the first -- just puree rehash. It isn't even doing that well if large amounts of each girl's episodes consist of .. events more important in other girl's threads.

So sad... ah well -- at least there's a couple of handfuls of WIN series in progress or about to start.
Old 2007-02-01, 17:56   Link #166
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, but something like that Lycoris picture is way out of my league right now - maybe if I can get a screencap with a higher resolution it won't seem quite so daunting. It would also probably help if I broke down and bought a copy of Photoshop instead of using the software that came packaged with my computer.

I do have a trace of Lycoris as a child that I was experimenting with: it's a very rough work in progress (the eyes especially need a lot of work) and it isn't going to be impressing anyone, but it is probably the best piece I've done so far.

Well I'll be; Did you manually trace that? It's very difficult to do this without PS or Illustrator, so It's quite a feat to manage something like this.

I dont like to outline shadows, light effects or the inner part of the eyes, but that's just me.

Good Work.
Old 2007-02-02, 07:45   Link #167
TomoyoXKurogane

Can i join this club...
i will change e stuff after i m approved
Closed Thread