AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-09, 15:47   Link #1
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Interlude OVA

For one close-knit group of friends, life is all about high school, strawberry milk, and karaoke. Each day is the same, and nothing interesting ever happens... or at least, until their peaceful fantasies were shattered starting with a series of prophetic nightmares. Now, they do battle zombies, hellbeasts, and living shadows in their fight to discover the line that separates the sleeping world from the waking one.

This is a 3-episode OVA that Toei made, pretty cool :P Each episode I assume will be 45 minutes (like episode1) as the plot unravels. Kind of Narutaru-esque and I really like it so far.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-09, 15:58   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Oh! Sounds interesting, very interesting!
I'm glad Traid picked up this series, I will definalty be watching
your release! The Animation Looks great from what I see on the website [official interlude site].

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 16:00   Link #3
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

There are zombies in this series, so I have to get it

You just don't see very many zombies in anime.
Village Idiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 18:07   Link #4
Sakuya
*Artist

AniDB says it's ecchi. Other than the breasts scene in the trailer on the official website, is there anything else? It doesn't look ecchi for the majority of the trailer though. Still wondering if I should download episode 1. Is it scary?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 18:10   Link #5
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
AniDB says it's ecchi. Other than the breasts scene in the trailer on the official website, is there anything else? It doesn't look ecchi for the majority of the trailer though. Still wondering if I should download episode 1. Is it scary?
There's a few ecchi jokes and that breast scene, that's about it ;P
Old 2004-04-09, 19:34   Link #6
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I was really surprised by this! Since animeDB listed ecchi as it's only genre, thats about what I expected from it, but infact the ecchiness is extremely tame and takes a back seat to what's actually going on in the anime (though Im not quite sure what that is yet -_-) Very creepy feel to it, I think it's awesome so far

And the ending song is great! yay
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 20:36   Link #7
lordlucless

Is there some sort of underwear shortage in Japan at the moment or something? I've only seen the trailer, but it seems the most mobile part of the characters in that was their chests. When I see something like that, I generally steer clear. I assume that if a show has to play up stuff like that in order to get viewers, the actual meat of the story is pretty poor.
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 22:00   Link #8
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
Is there some sort of underwear shortage in Japan at the moment or something? I've only seen the trailer, but it seems the most mobile part of the characters in that was their chests. When I see something like that, I generally steer clear. I assume that if a show has to play up stuff like that in order to get viewers, the actual meat of the story is pretty poor.
(I dunno why I'm defending this anime. but I'm just gonna!!)
There is only one character with a huge chest and she's hardly in this first episode at all. And her breasts add more of a quirk to the show than ecchiness (in my view atleast) There are no panty shots whatsoever and aside from the 'tit goblin' and a scantily clad office lady there is basically no fanservice. I say, give this one a shot...yes
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 23:35   Link #9
Zap

My friend and I just watched episode 1 and we were amazed. Waiting for the next two... Highly recommended.
Spoiler:
Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 02:53   Link #10
trowachess
Captain Chess

I was surprised when I watched this series. I only expected ecchiness after seeing AniDB description. The character design looks okay and the foreshadowing is keeping me on the edge. Can't wait for the next 2 to come out.
Old 2004-04-10, 03:22   Link #11
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
For one close-knit group of friends, life is all about high school, strawberry milk, and karaoke. Each day is the same, and nothing interesting ever happens... or at least, until their peaceful fantasies were shattered starting with a series of prophetic nightmares. Now, they do battle zombies, hellbeasts, and living shadows in their fight to discover the line that separates the sleeping world from the waking one.

This is a 3-episode OVA that Toei made, pretty cool :P Each episode I assume will be 45 minutes (like episode1) as the plot unravels. Kind of Narutaru-esque and I really like it so far.

Spoiler:
I liked it as well and am looking forward to seeing more. For some reason the first episode seemed a little like Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I didn't see much that could be considered as ecchi. Girl accidentally goes face first between the clevage of the Marufuji Izumi character twice, and then there was the dark haired Minegishi Kaoruko character from the 2nd city affairs department who liked dressing up as an armed model and wore that revealing outfit underneath her coat. Think a typical episode of Daphne In The Brilliant Blue offers far more fanservice than Interlude.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:56   Link #12
qwing

Very intriguing ova, the only bad point I can think of now is the cliched "chosen one" device. Can't wait for the next one :P
qwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:59   Link #13
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

very funny, and gives a Boogiepop Phantom feel at times. Defintiely waiting for the second one to come
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 19:14   Link #14
Lina
moo.

This series is definitely very odd but there's just too much boobage going on for me to continue. That short haired girl musta got her head stuck in that extremely ditzy girl's breast three times.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 20:05   Link #15
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina
This series is definitely very odd but there's just too much boobage going on for me to continue. That short haired girl musta got her head stuck in that extremely ditzy girl's breast three times.

Too much boobage? You only get to see it 2-3 times out of the 45 minute ova. I don't know how to describe this movie but it's bizzar, in a good way. Right now, I'm thinking zombies, alternate dimension, love, dream, and confusion. Everyone should download it, i think it's pretty good.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 22:06   Link #16
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

After watching this the only thing I could think to say was "Woahhhhhhhh" (in a very very good way!)

Spoiler for Episode 1:

I anxiously look forward to the next episode! (The release time between episodes isn't going to be as long as the Macross Zero OVA is it?? )
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 22:12   Link #17
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I anxiously look forward to the next episode! (The release time between episodes isn't going to be as long as the Macross Zero OVA is it?? )
Well, episode 2 is due out in late May, and then 3 in late July. I think that's a bit faster than Macross ZERO was
Old 2004-04-11, 02:40   Link #18
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Why is there always so much to say when the word ecchi appears? It's not like this show has much of it anyways. It's clearly a thriller and it is a pretty good one. I find it hard to describe this show, but it's definitely worth watching.
Old 2004-04-11, 08:29   Link #19
Killerattacks

I thought it was great. Interlude was thrilling and funny at the same time and that was somehow cool

Dont rate this anime after just seeing the promo clip which a-flux released! This Promo totally sucked and I thought "omg Air Master II or even worse", but I have to admit, that Interlude was way better IMHO as every anime which started recently.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 12:28   Link #20
Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina
This series is definitely very odd but there's just too much boobage going on for me to continue.
That's plain ... ugh ...

What do you do when you see a Babe with huge boobs IRL ? Run and hide ?
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote