AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-22, 05:44   Link #21
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I dont mind the fillers, as long as they are comedy. I missed the good old days where the episodes of Bleach were in Ichigo's school. Those parts were funny, they deserve more, and of course more of KON!!!!!
Old 2005-12-22, 06:10   Link #22
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I wish there'd be MORE things like this in anime, where characters take time off from fighting/mainstream things and just have some fun.
I have no problems with characters taking some time off, IF it's at the right time! Take Dragonball Z for example (I know, nobody want's any DBZ comparisions anymore, but I don't remember an other series at the moment): After they beat Cell, they had the "Gohan goes to Highschool"-Arc... which was a good time.
But look at the situation in Bleach: The main bad guy (so far) just escaped after gaining an important item, which basically extends his dangerousness greatly.
THIS is definately not the right time to lay back and have some fun.
Old 2005-12-22, 06:11   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We're all doomed! Cool. This seems like a great time for some High School hijinx so we can enjoy ourselves before our inevitable destruction.

Am I the only one who feels the need to party like there is no tomorrow?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-22, 08:51   Link #24
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I have no problems with characters taking some time off, IF it's at the right time! Take Dragonball Z for example (I know, nobody want's any DBZ comparisions anymore, but I don't remember an other series at the moment): After they beat Cell, they had the "Gohan goes to Highschool"-Arc... which was a good time.
But look at the situation in Bleach: The main bad guy (so far) just escaped after gaining an important item, which basically extends his dangerousness greatly.
THIS is definately not the right time to lay back and have some fun.
I can't think of a better time. I sure wouldn't want them to break in the middle of the crazy(and insanely long) SS arc. Ichigo does need to go back to school... maybe he brings the other Shinigami with him to help him train...? They'll find some excuse.
Old 2005-12-22, 09:56   Link #25
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
We're all doomed! Cool. This seems like a great time for some High School hijinx so we can enjoy ourselves before our inevitable destruction.
Ichigo doesn't consider himself Superman or even Batman.
Old 2005-12-22, 10:10   Link #26
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Knowing the anime would catch up with his work, the self-proclaimed "No. 1 fan of the Bleach anime" - Kubo Tite himself - has provided the animators the perfect plot device for which to develop plausible fillers which might just prove interesting to watch, if not exciting to watch.

Prince of Tennis pulled off some decent fillers, as it's a school setting, so there is potential many funny school aspects of school life.

This is where the Naruto fillers fail to shine, due to its lack of a normal school setting.
Old 2005-12-22, 10:14   Link #27
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Ichigo doesn't consider himself Superman or even Batman.
Well.. thats quite a serious handhold on NoSanninWa's delirium tremens. ^^

Anyway fillerism is such a complicated science..
Old 2005-12-22, 10:20   Link #28
Arakawa Takeshi
Christmas Eater

Send a message via AIM to Arakawa Takeshi Send a message via MSN to Arakawa Takeshi
I think we all know what this means (It might..might)

Fillers = Don
Old 2005-12-22, 10:43   Link #29
ShikaShika
無罪

I don't have high hopes for the filler episodes. It's not that I don't trust the writers of Bleach, it's just that it's too damn hard to make good episodes and at the same time making it consistant with the main storyline. Perhaps with a few episodes, but then you start running out of ideas...

All I'm hoping for is that they make the transition in and out of the filler season seamless, so that the viewer may choose not to download/buy those eps without it affecting continuity.
Old 2005-12-22, 10:52   Link #30
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I can't think of a better time. I sure wouldn't want them to break in the middle of the crazy(and insanely long) SS arc. Ichigo does need to go back to school... maybe he brings the other Shinigami with him to help him train...? They'll find some excuse.
But it doesn't make sense from the in-story point of view. After the bad guy escaped, you just don't go: "Okay, let's take a break, and let him establish a real 'army' until he is powerful enough to come back and kill us all".
Old 2005-12-22, 10:59   Link #31
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But it doesn't make sense from the in-story point of view. After the bad guy escaped, you just don't go: "Okay, let's take a break, and let him establish a real 'army' until he is powerful enough to come back and kill us all".
Yeah I also thought the old man would go after him, but as he said (the insanly long arc) must finish somewhere. I guess Aizen is the main bad guy thats all. Just the way Oro is in Naruto. Hmm Ichigo seems to get rid of enemies a bit faster then Naruto does though. So it might not be the exact same just a presumption. ^^
Old 2005-12-22, 11:10   Link #32
KanaKaishou

Meh...I'm optimistic. All I ask is no Don Kanonji.
Old 2005-12-22, 14:11   Link #33
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
If you don't have the ability to enter the Hollow world and fight him... what choice have you got?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-22, 16:22   Link #34
Grees
Ehhh

Hmpf, disappointing news. I dont mind fillers, can be fun sometimes, but that depends alot on how many of them gonna be showed.
Old 2005-12-22, 16:30   Link #35
ChickMagnet

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-22 at 18:29.
Old 2005-12-22, 18:36   Link #36
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Ya'know? I've been thinking about the upcoming Bleach fillers and I think that if they are done well, they could be the coolest thing ever.

Sorry, but to discuss why, I need to drop a minor spoiler for after the SS arc. This isn't plot related, but if you click on the tag you'll unveil a cool surprise, so you won't get to enjoy it in the anime. (Probably in episode 65) I'd wait until episode 65 before clicking on any spoiler tags in this thread if I were you.
Spoiler for minor manga spoiler:

Old 2005-12-22, 19:57   Link #37
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
The only person I can think of right now who can enter Hollow World is Hollow Ichigo. But I doubt Hollow Ichigo could take on 1000+ Hollows with a couple of Gillian.
Old 2005-12-22, 20:41   Link #38
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakawa Takeshi
I think we all know what this means (It might..might)

Fillers = Don
Maybe not. I assume there will be 1 or 2 Don fillers...but definitely not a whole arc of them. That would be ridiculous.
Old 2005-12-22, 21:53   Link #39
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder what type of filler episdoes will be. Is it a new arc or some random episodes?
Old 2005-12-22, 21:55   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I've heard from what Kubo Tite says in interviews that he is involved in the making of the anime. (Unlike practically every other mangaka!) Perhaps he coordinated with the anime creators to allow this filler opportunity. He might even have written up a loose outline for the writers to use, so they stay within his design.[/spoiler]
Except the mangaka of Guyver. :P

Let's just pray that unlike the very few mangaka/author that were involved in the creation of the anime, Kubo doesn't have too long of a break or any at all. Guyver was already released at a snail pace, and I hope the mangaka manage to end the series properly. It's been almost 20 years now.
Closed Thread