AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2005-12-31, 18:37   Link #41
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Well it is goona be true come CES sometime in Janurary when it is offically announced. I imagine only the true hardcore would go for this, hell I would probably go for it however I am a PS3 fanboi so my condolences go out to those who will buy this in the future.
Old 2005-12-31, 21:16   Link #42
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=15631 <<< Things like this just make feel sorry for 360 owners becuase you may have to exchange you current 360 for this or install it yourself and since most people do not have the knowledge to do something like installing a cooling system I am sure this will put a dent in 360 sales.

There are watercool kits for pc, does that mean I have to install it on my pc? I cant run my pc without a watercool kit? why would any xbox360 owner need one of those? the system is not overheating, the power brick is and that's only if you have it stuck somewhere in the back of all your electronic devices.

and for all the people talking about the hype of the xbox360, anyone remember the ps2 hype? LOL real time pixar like cg animation! LOL and reported specs that were 3-5 times more than the release was. so powerful that it was like a supercomputer and could control nuclear missiles!!! dont export to the arab countries!!!!
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 01:57   Link #43
animehacker

This is my take on the Next gen wars, Right now there are 3 big players when it comes to video games. Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. With the next generation consoles, Nintendo with its revolution counsel sets it goals to bring in new gamers with its easy controllers and fun party games. Sony wants the new PS3 to be like the PS2 but with better graphics, which means varied games from developers. (RPGs,FPS,STEALTH,PUZZLE,ETC). However, Microsoft wants its 360 to appeal to hard core gamers with its very mature (I mean by mature...I mean by focusing on more adult games like FPS and etc) games. The point is, these three companies are focusing on different gaming tastes out there, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT NINTENDO IS ONLY FOCUSING ON CHILDREN OR 360 IS FOCUSING ON MORE ADULT GAMERS, THAT KIND OF STEREOTYPING IS WRONG AND IT IS JUST LIKE SAYING THAT ANIME IS ONLY FOR CHILDREN BECAUSE ITS ONLY CARTOONS, so it is up to the person to what tastes they have and what to get. But to be objective, I believe that the next gen wars will be primarily against the Revolution and the PS3. I say this because of the Revolution's price and its small size as well as the PS3 franchises and relationships with developers. In japan, and most of everywhere, space is very very limited. I've bought all three systems ( x box, gamecube and PS2 ) and it is a pain because they are so big and heavy to move to a different TV or to take it to a friends house. With the Revolution, that wouldn't be a problem because its small and easy to transport. Secondly, the price, I know alot of people (especially parents) who wouldn't fork over around $400.00+games , and since the Rev will go for half of that, parents or gamers wouldn't be hit as hard as if they were buying a PS3 or 360; and on top of that, there is the innovate controller, but since we dont know about that...I will assume that is just all hype (no offense...but the games matter the most, not the controller). That leads me to the PS3, the PS2 had a ton of games in its lifetime and I believe that it will be the same for the PS3. Sony had alot of developers work for their system and I believe that those developers will work for them again. Plus there is the fact that the PS2 has a large fan base so it will do will. 360, unfortunately, still has to prove itself. All I see from the x-box and the 360 (currently) are all action games...no variation, that is a big problem for them if they want to do well. For some of you trigger happy gamers, you will be in heaven with a 360, but if you are a rpg-er or a platform-er or a person who loves innovation ( like katamari damacy ). The 360 might disappoint you. With that said, I believe that this war will be against the REV and PS3, but who knows, maybe the 360 can surprise us.

P.S. I am open to suggestions but not flaming ones, they just a waste of energy and space
animehacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 02:46   Link #44
Cinos

Well i went to Target today and played Call Of Duty on the 360 and it looked good also played Project Gothem(Leet Game), those are the only 2 games that really impressd me that and Perfect dark...im stil not gonna get one tho..NEVER! :P
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 13:13   Link #45
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
and for all the people talking about the hype of the xbox360, anyone remember the ps2 hype? LOL real time pixar like cg animation! LOL and reported specs that were 3-5 times more than the release was. so powerful that it was like a supercomputer and could control nuclear missiles!!! dont export to the arab countries!!!!
Yeah, I remember that. It was horrible.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 22:30   Link #46
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
My god now they have shown their external drive for the system which is HD-DVD (Obviously) and it is reported to cost 300 USD. I think that will be the downfall of the 360 and the PS3 will sell more becuase of this. Especially people who bought the 360 at 400 USD and now they WILL have to pay 300 USD more theirfore making the 360 700 USD and probably makin it the most expensive console surely SONY was not going to release the PS3 at that high a price. I think this will be the Sega CD all over again.
Old 2006-01-05, 23:04   Link #47
Taylor--
!

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...04CES06PR.mspx

Mentions no price.
While I'm not defending this new drive what so ever... as I will not get one, I don't think you can say the 360 will fail. It's already sold every unit available, and tens of thousands are still waiting for theirs. It also says it won't be needed .
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:34   Link #48
lmd
ass master not gay

Send a message via MSN to lmd
Exclamation xbox360 or shit box 360

the 360 crashes more times then the console turns on pluse there are only like 25 game out acctually worth buying untill halo3 and so on come out
lmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:54   Link #49
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd
pluse there are only like 25 game out acctually worth buying untill halo3 and so on come out
I ignored the first part of your post since it's complete and utter idiocy, but this just jumped right out at me - I didn't even know there were 25 games out for it yet, and if every single one of them is worth buying... How the hell is that bad? :P
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 09:09   Link #50
D3athScythe
Mecha | Shana

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Xbox 360 looks like a pretty badass system =)
My brother will be getting it sometime this year
Looking forward to trying it =O

I've already got my eyes on a couple of games I've saw, they look great!
D3athScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 13:32   Link #51
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor--
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...04CES06PR.mspx

Mentions no price.
While I'm not defending this new drive what so ever... as I will not get one, I don't think you can say the 360 will fail. It's already sold every unit available, and tens of thousands are still waiting for theirs. It also says it won't be needed .
yeah it may not be needed however if publishers have to release some games two seperate types of media then I am sure Microsoft will lose publishers/developers in the long run. Think about it Lets say The elder Scrolls 4 comes out on 2 DVD 9 discs and the HD DVD version will obviously be 1 disc then it ill cost more to publish the game and in the long run lets say 2 years from now games maybe huge and after making such games publishers will not want to be burdened to bring games out on two types of media for one system. So I definately think it will hurt in the long run.
Old 2006-01-06, 14:06   Link #52
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I've already got my eyes on a couple of games I've saw, they look great!
If I hear that retarded graphics argument again I'm going to go on a rampage!
Old 2006-01-06, 17:09   Link #53
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
If I hear that retarded graphics argument again I'm going to go on a rampage!
What is the matter with you?

Graphics MATTER. To the consumer. Sure, it may or may not aid in making a game great, but it certainly holds great appeal to consumers. More than that, if you think about it carefully, a great RPG played out in a 200x120 pixel resolution world versus the exact same RPG "skinned" in a beautiful 3D world is incredibly different. Graphics help to BRING OUT the game, it helps to paint sceneries, craft worlds, and communicate more vividly to the gamer the world and story that is being told.

Please, stop being such an elitist.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 17:58   Link #54
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Why does it have to be great or not great?
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 18:42   Link #55
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
yeah it may not be needed however if publishers have to release some games two seperate types of media then I am sure Microsoft will lose publishers/developers in the long run. Think about it Lets say The elder Scrolls 4 comes out on 2 DVD 9 discs and the HD DVD version will obviously be 1 disc then it ill cost more to publish the game and in the long run lets say 2 years from now games maybe huge and after making such games publishers will not want to be burdened to bring games out on two types of media for one system. So I definately think it will hurt in the long run.
You have some good points, but the publisher wouldn't need to put it in the 2 formats. They could just put it in the standard format and I'm sure the HD DVD drive would still play the discs... I think Microsoft is just giving them the decision, if they want to put it in that format or not.
Old 2006-01-06, 20:46   Link #56
Lebron
I hear voices

its ok when they release the later versions. The first batch are gona be buggy like the first xbox's were later on. I played the xbox 360 at my local bestbuy couple of weeks ago and while i was gona test COD2 it like shut down and died on me, and they had to replace it like a couple of days later. But other than the bugs it has its ok, still think ps3 and maybe rev will run a train on it doh.

btw the japanese xbox 360 isnt selling for beans
Old 2006-01-06, 21:39   Link #57
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
btw the japanese xbox 360 isnt selling for beans
Reports are that small Japanese households are using it as their central heating this winter

not true, btw
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 23:47   Link #58
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Reports are that small Japanese households are using it as their central heating this winter

not true, btw
It doesn't get anywhere near that hot
Old 2006-01-07, 10:01   Link #59
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:

Graphics MATTER. To the consumer. Sure, it may or may not aid in making a game great, but it certainly holds great appeal to consumers. More than that, if you think about it carefully, a great RPG played out in a 200x120 pixel resolution world versus the exact same RPG "skinned" in a beautiful 3D world is incredibly different. Graphics help to BRING OUT the game, it helps to paint sceneries, craft worlds, and communicate more vividly to the gamer the world and story that is being told.
The problem here is that the graphics, and ONLY the graphics are used as the argument to say that the games are great. Graphics mean nothing if the game isn't fun.

Using this argument, you could just as well buy the current consoles, since they also have great-looking games.
Old 2006-01-07, 13:21   Link #60
Taydn
TBA

Send a message via AIM to Taydn Send a message via Skype™ to Taydn
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias

Please, stop being such an elitist.

Okay I have to agree with the tired of hearing the graphics and how they look and oh I have a HDTV and the picture is crisp and clean convo.

Lets really get down to talking about the system.....

First and formost the system is not all that. Yes they have some nice titles but here is the catch. If you were playing some games like oh lets say Madden or NBA 2k on the first Xbox then you have two choices

>First you can ether continue to play the game you own and not collect gamerscore pts or unlock acheviments that will let you better experience the game.

Or you can

> Trade the game in for a trade price of 35 bucks U.S. and come up with 35 more dollars to have a chance at fame and fortune or aleast get some pts under your name.

Yes it is true the game freezes like it's in the middle of a bad blizzard, and yes if you are unlucky like me it has happened more than once. But do you stop playing..... No! You just turn that sucker off and then back on and continue what you where doing ( unless you where in a middle of a game like PGR or PDZ or CoD2) then as you reboot your system you'll find yourself send a few choice words to Bill Gates himself.

Now for online play that too has it's benfits:

Not E1 could afford to get one or they didn't have a good spot in line to get one so all the trash talking ignorant ppl are not online ruining your gaming experience ( I can not tell you how many times I was called a fat chic with no life and that is why I can play games good).

Also If you have the luxury to host a game you can get the luck of the draw of one the game playing out with no faults or two you getting booted out of your own game.

Plus Microsoft being so smart found another way to make money by having you but the online games that they have avalible and boy are some of them not cheap the good ones that is.

Also if you want to experience the total gaming package then you will try to use your media center. That does not work for E1 and if you find yourself call for tech support you most likely will get the ninny who knows d#$K about the system or a pc matter of fact. So you'll continue to try and probably get disapoint many times before you get it right and up and going.

So why did I get one:

Well yes I am a girl who likes to play games and yes I am good at them ( no I am not fat ).

I bought it because I have bought every system that has ever been released and yes I will buy the PS3 and the Revolution.

Why you may ask.. well because I can and I am a Nintendo fangirl.

If you would like to play with me my gamertag is Ayashi no ceres and I'll be waiting.

I hope e1 questions got ans. with this post.
Taydn is offline   Reply With Quote