AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 13:37   Link #61
Taylor--
!

You have some good points, but really the achivements points mean nothing. But if your trying to prove to someone what you've accomplished in a certain game, it'll be in your profile, which I think is pretty damn cool.

Also, I have XBL as well GT: TaylorXB
Maybe we can play some time

Also, I recently got DOA4, and yes it kicks ass. Best fighting game I've played in a long while.
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 14:19   Link #62
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor--
Also, I recently got DOA4, and yes it kicks ass. Best fighting game I've played in a long while.
I've played DOA, DOA2 and DOA3... I thought they were really solid fighters (with nice appeal for the males .. but man, I forgot all about them when I started playing to win). But I think the best fighter I've ever played is probably Soul Calibur 2.. SC3 is also really solid.

I'll be wanting to play DOA4, though.. someday.. somehow..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:36   Link #63
Taylor--
!

Yeah, probably the last really good fighter that I played was SC2. I didn't bother with 3 since it didn't seem like much had changed.
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 18:38   Link #64
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor--
Yeah, probably the last really good fighter that I played was SC2. I didn't bother with 3 since it didn't seem like much had changed.
Actually, it has a couples of changes on a very fine level.. In terms of combat there's a stun effect now, which I'm still struggling to adapt to. This is especially so because they've changed a number of moves for Mitsurugi.. I keep falling prey especially to small and fast fighters (Cassandra-types). It's been quite challenging now, and I'm looking forward to perfect my Mits on SC3
Old 2006-08-24, 07:56   Link #65
demonkd
prince of all demons

i love my 360 espically on-line freezes every once in a while but all in all a good system
demonkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 11:54   Link #66
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
well, general consensus is that xbox is for PC fan boys, but the more i see of the 360's potential, the more i have high expectations that something good might come out of it.

i hope they improve the live content and matching service. i would like to play a guilty gear online that didnt lag so bad.
Same here.
Old 2006-09-15, 22:14   Link #67
tkdtiger

I just got the core package of the 360 and I already decided I was going to return it. I found that really it's not as playable without the modem and it turns out to be more expensive then the premium when buying the items separately. I learned something about economics I guess today haha : P I decided I'll go back to the basic xbox and buy the nintendo wii when it comes out
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:58   Link #68
AdzPearson
Pepsiholic

I bought a 360 earlier this year and I don't regret it. I've played some great games such as Call of Duty 2, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Oblivion. While graphics aren't everything, the 360 is capable of some impressive stuff. At the moment, I'm playing Dead Rising, which doesn't disappoint.

Xbox Live is great value for money, too. Being able to download demos is very convenient and there are some games that are a lot of fun to play online (e.g. Perfect Dark Zero, GRAW and, of course, the Xbox classic Halo 2).

I'm eagerly awaiting Gears of War. It looks great both graphically and gameplay-wise. If it lives up to the hype, it will probably be the game of the year.
AdzPearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 15:01   Link #69
tkdtiger

the system isn't bad, but if you're going to get it I do suggest premium as the core is $100 less, but you don't get those other items like the hard drive, which costs $100 by itself so actually you save money, buying the premium package.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 16:24   Link #70
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

I bought a 360 around the end of december and I've ony had 1 problem the 3 red lights of doom! But I just sent it in and got a refurbished and it hasent happend senice so in my opinion it has it's bugs, crashes, etc but it's a good buy and with so many exclusive titles out and coming out it just gets better and thw WII and x360 are the only systems I'm getting. (at least until the WII2 or xbox 361 comes out )
Old 2006-09-16, 23:35   Link #71
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Actually, it has a couples of changes on a very fine level.. In terms of combat there's a stun effect now, which I'm still struggling to adapt to. This is especially so because they've changed a number of moves for Mitsurugi.. I keep falling prey especially to small and fast fighters (Cassandra-types). It's been quite challenging now, and I'm looking forward to perfect my Mits on SC3
SC3 plays pretty differently even on a fairly general level because sidestepping is nowhere near as good. The tracking on moves is also a lot better than in 2 further negating the benefits of stepping. I seem to remember hearing that Mitsurugi has one move that he can abuse to no end because it gave him huge frame advantage even if blocked but I can't remember offhand what it was. I wouldn't be too discouraged if you fall prey to the female sword-users (Sophi, Cass, and X) since they are pretty beastly.

To the topic on hand, I finally got to play a 360 at my brother-in-law's family's house, and it was nothing to write home about. We only played Farcry for a little bit, and while the game looks nice, I still can't stand FPS games on console. I watched someone else play Oblivion as well, and once again, looks nice but not my cup of tea.

Frankly, I don't really need top of the line graphics. Give me solid gameplay and I'll keep coming back for more (leaves to go play Vampire Saviour).
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 01:30   Link #72
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
SC3 plays pretty differently even on a fairly general level because sidestepping is nowhere near as good. The tracking on moves is also a lot better than in 2 further negating the benefits of stepping. I seem to remember hearing that Mitsurugi has one move that he can abuse to no end because it gave him huge frame advantage even if blocked but I can't remember offhand what it was. I wouldn't be too discouraged if you fall prey to the female sword-users (Sophi, Cass, and X) since they are pretty beastly.
I didn't notice that about the sidestepping, although I DID use it much lesser than I did in SC2. I don't actually read online stuff about fighting games so I have no idea what that Mits move is.. ; ) I still often get owned by the female sword fighters : |
Old 2006-09-17, 02:15   Link #73
Lebron
I hear voices

360 is in a much better shape than xbox was last gen, I love my 360, never had any problems with it. Its starting to get a good mix of exclusives, like from Japanese Devs like Capcom and Mistwalker. Capcom bringing out Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Resident Evil 5.

And then there is Mistwalker, who of course has Sakaguchi and some ex-SqureEnix employees, who are brining out 2 of the most hyped next-gen Jrpgs at the moment, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Then of course your getting your sports, action adventure, FPS, etc titles. I'm also going to get a Wii this year, and hold off on Mr. Expensive PS3 till KH3 comes out.

360 is a good console, and worth the purchase. Don't let the hate full you
Old 2006-09-17, 11:15   Link #74
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I seem to remember hearing that Mitsurugi has one move that he can abuse to no end because it gave him huge frame advantage even if blocked but I can't remember offhand what it was.
He could abuse that move in Soul Calibur II, but it was fixed in Soul Calibur III.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 21:27   Link #75
Super Ska Master

Xbox 360 is terrible. You'd have to be such a loser to spend $400 on a video game console. -_-;;
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 23:53   Link #76
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

You're very opinionated, Super Ska Master. That, in itself, is not a bad thing. However, before someone leaps in and declares your comment to be purely imflammatory, why not justify your statement with more reasoning?

I can relate, I do not like the trend towards such expensive consoles. The Saturn was $400 and people cited that as the number 2 reason not to get one. $300 is reasonable, I could even see $350 these days, but $400 is definitely pushing things more than I find comfortable for the console market. Also, I find the Core system, just so MS can boast a $300 console, is misleading, to put it politely.

However, I do know people with a 360, and as a console goes, it's not bad at all. It already has a budding library of games that I find more appealing than the first Xbox, Dead Rising and Chrime Hounds definitely come to mind. It has decent support, and seems to be gaining steam.

And relative to the market, the push in price it's making seems mild compared to the PS3's $600 pricetag.

Let's put price aside, though. It has good games, and will be getting more. The graphics are great, and Live is becoming ever more fantastic. I recently heard that Symphony of the Night would be available on Live Arcade soon.

( http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/723/723305p1.html )

Things seem to be looking up and up for Microsoft, despite a lack of support from the Japanese market.
Old 2006-09-18, 00:12   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well now that there appear to be games worth playing on it, I'm slowly starting to realize its potential. Even though its still more a graphics whore system to me than a hardcore gamers system, with Capcom now providing support and games like TES: Oblivion, its slowly becoming worth the price. If they drop the price after Christmas I might consider buying one, but only if it has at least 10 games I want to play by that time instead of the roughly 2-3 that I see now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 02:29   Link #78
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I don't understand the line of thought regarding graphics in this thread. Granted, graphics do not make the game. They can make it more immersive, more appealing, but they are not the core foundation of what makes a game good.

Ever since the first gaming console gave way to the second generation we have seen two basic steps forward that are expected of any incrimental generation.

First, we expect the visuals and audio to improve, the presentation. As new technologies and hardware become both available, and financially feasible, we expect console developers to take advantage of that.

Second, and to a lesser degree, we see changes made to the interface. This usually means more buttons, or minor layout changes.

Microsoft has simply followed this trend as most everyone else has, I don't see that as making the 360 a 'graphics whore system'. Of course, I must admit I'm rather fuzzy on what makes a console a 'hardcore' gaming system.
Old 2006-09-18, 04:10   Link #79
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Every day I try to find an aspect I like about the system because I want to justify such a $400 puchase, but I just can't.

The current library of games it has at the moment does not even warrant such a purchase.

The system has way too many FPS and Sports titles (I lump racing in with sports) for it own good. Sure its a great way to make sure you have XBL interactivity for online matchmaking, but it's quite overkill.
Out of the 57 titles:
26 sports (7 racing, 19 sports)
8 FPS
The rest is quite a picking. You have one fighting game.. DOA4. A buttload of those open ended roam around the world GTA clone games, then slim pickings for RPG. Scattered amongst the selection would be a few oddities here and there.

If I was to purchase an XBOX right this minute, the only games that even catch my eye would be:
Chromehounds (I am a heavy mechwarrior fan so this tickles my senses)
Enchanted Arms
Dead Rising just for some mindless zombie slaying.

3 games? Ouch, I don't blame the Japanese for hating this system, it has nothing they want on it as well as what I want.

I too am waiting word for those mistwalker games but will they ever reach the america's? It sure is lacking RPG power (not a fan of oblivion as you can see) and I'm not really willing to plop down $400+ based of future games which might not even make the journey across the ocean.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 04:42   Link #80
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
I too am waiting word for those mistwalker games but will they ever reach the america's? It sure is lacking RPG power (not a fan of oblivion as you can see) and I'm not really willing to plop down $400+ based of future games which might not even make the journey across the ocean.
The 2 Mistwalker games, LO and BD, will definitly make it over to the states, since MS is help fund money in the games production. They are also working on some that haven't been announced yet. Then there is also Infinite Undiscovery, a real-time rpg, developed by Tri-Ace. Also there is TrustyBell, devloped by Bandai, I think. There are some more, but I'm not all too knowledgeable on the matter.

Although maybe you should wait, till late next year at the earliest to look into purchasing the console. Because by then some of the titles I mentioned should be either, already released in the states, or at least have had a released date announced, then also of course, is the price drop. Also there are alot of old skool games and new ones, being released on Live Arcade, if your a Castlevania fan, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, should be out sometime in '07.
I'm not trying to force you to buy the system, just saying that there are future titles releasing that are worth checking out, that don't fall into that FPS, Sports, genre.

Just my thoughts is all

Quote:
Xbox 360 is terrible. You'd have to be such a loser to spend $400 on a video game console. -_-;;
Im with Radd on this one, if people want to spend $300 on a system, rather it being PS3 or 360, thats their business. Also you should include your opinion on why you think so. Just so that it doesn't make you look like some mindless brand fanboy.

Although rest assured, the cheapest 360 package, which is the core, is at $300 now, but it will be having a price drop before this time, next year.