AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-23, 12:19   Link #1
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Appreciation for Rin

Yes, what the title says. Though some might protest *coughKKRcough*, Tsuchimi Rin is a decent harem male character, well, more decent than other males in other harem series that I'd rather not mention.

The man has been slapped around so much by disgrunted Shuffle fans, that I, as a fan of Rin, isabouttosnap would like to invite people who doesn't think Rin should've dropped down to the face of the Earth, and to show some appreciation for him. (If there's one fan, no, two, three, then you're welcome since Rin desperately needs some appreciation after weeks of endless bites. (Come on, I know there's one or two Rin fans out there! )

Well, adapting the 'system' by other clubs, it's fairly easy to follow these:

The Rules
1) Think Rin is a decent guy
2) No wank with KKR unless stated otherwise :P
3) Some form that could show your appreciation. (Could be text, or images, which I'll have to pester some poor Rin fan to supply us with. )
4) Have fun here.

The Members
1. Crisis
2. LilleNisse
3. Furudanuki
4. MakotoFatora
5. Asa-Fan
6. Tabun
7. AvatarST
8. SoldierofDarkness
9. BrokenWingz
10. Andiyar
11. Justinstrife
12. Torrencee

The Banners/Text
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1...copy7qa5xk.jpg - credits to Asa-Fan

Last edited by cheesie; 2005-12-23 at 22:32.
Old 2005-12-23, 12:27   Link #2
LilleNisse

I find Rin kindof good if I think about it. I might of said befor that I didnt like him. But yesterday I actually just sat down and thought about Rin and hes situation. The mans got it hard on him. Hes got all thos beautiful girls that all show they love him. I mean I as a guy wouldnt want to dissapoint any of them either. So I've actually taken Rin's side now
Hes doing hes best to hurt any of the girls. And that is inavatable with all thos who loves him.
I support Rin, hes a man doing hes best in the best and also worst situation a man can be in

Edit: First response, in you're face everybody after me!

Edit2: HHR members, lets keep the spam in your own thread shall we?
Old 2005-12-23, 12:32   Link #3
Furudanuki

OK, count me in. I like Rin just fine. I would have liked him better if he had chosen Nerine. But, with Nerine excluded I'm glad that Asa is the one he did choose - IMO they match up the best as a couple.

I'm also getting exceedingly tired of all the Rin-trashing in every bloody thread. Some of it was pretty amusing and even witty at first, but it has just about hit the spam level by now.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Old 2005-12-23, 12:44   Link #4
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
well Rin does have it hard but i cant back down from the KKR...

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Old 2005-12-23, 12:48   Link #5
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
well Rin does have it hard but i cant back down from the KKR...
"Too admit you're wrong and back down is more manly then to stick with what you know is wrong"
Old 2005-12-23, 12:59   Link #6
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
I'm in. Is he perfect? No, but I don't think perfect characters are very interesting. He was a little wishy-washy, and he seemed to be most interested in whichever girl was around him at the time, but in the end he made his choice. I said it way back and it still holds true - I didn't care who he chose, I just wanted him to choose. And he chose.

Rin gets a lot of flak for being weak and taking so long to make up his mind, but he has five (or more if you count the possibility of Kareha...maybe Mayumi...heck, toss in Ama....Tsubomi...) girls who all are after him. If I ever, ever in my life had five girls after me...heck I think if I survived the heart attack, and then ever came down from the massive egotrip I'd be on....I'd take my time to figure out who I really wanted to be with too. The last time I had just two women interested in me at the same time, I dated them both for about 2-3 months to figure out which one I was more compatible with and wanted to be with, and I still ended up choosing wrong. I'm not going to fault Rin for taking a summer to decide between five, particularly since he's a nice guy and I'm a jerk.

I agree with LilleNisse - he's doing his best not to hurt people, and once he realized that being wishy-washy was the hurtful part, he fixed that and decided. Of course people still crapped on him But I think he's doing fine...looking at it realistically, I can't say I'd handle the situation any better than him if I were in it, and since I couldn't handle it better, I don't have much of a right to criticize him, do I?

So yeah. Count me in.
Old 2005-12-23, 13:09   Link #7
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Beautiful, everyone.

As founder, I know this is pretty irresponsible, but...

Rin is awesome. *baits KKR*
Old 2005-12-23, 13:10   Link #8
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Asa-Fan
sign me in to he's the one who makes asa happy so he's a good guy ;D

AAA-FlagWaver; HHH*CLUB*Leader;KKR PizzaGirl
Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 13:15   Link #9
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Right on. Is it too much if I say I'm expecting that all the fangirls who watch this show will join? All my girlfriends went wild over Rin (or maybe it just has to do with his seiyuu, Sugita Tomokazu. )
Old 2005-12-23, 13:17   Link #10
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Asa-Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Right on. Is it too much if I say I'm expecting that all the fangirls who watch this show will join? All my girlfriends went wild over Rin (or maybe it just has to do with his seiyuu, Sugita Tomokazu. )
I don't think theyr are yo many girls in suki forum
Well you got one girl allready even if I prefer Izuki more but I like Rin-sama, too.

Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 13:22   Link #11
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleNisse
"Too admit you're wrong and back down is more manly then to stick with what you know is wrong"
u have a very good point...ill think it over...but i dont like backing down from wut i started...it's my responsibiltity...

Old 2005-12-23, 13:23   Link #12
Apekatt
Monkeycat

I liked Rin very much in the first episodes. He was smart, funny and unlike many other haremleads he was (somewhat) good looking. When the show entered it's serious phase Rin started to act really stupid at times. What started to change me into one of the "haterz" was Rin's "explanation " to Asa in the end of episode 18. Heck, even I could say something smother than that . What really made me despise Rin was episode 19 and 20 when he was unable to atleast notice that Kaede was suffering, he couldn't even see that the girl had large freakin' bags under her eyes. >_<

After the end of episode 20, Rin has started to slowly return to his old self. Who knows, I might join this club after episode 24
Old 2005-12-23, 13:24   Link #13
tabun
rawr!

Count me in. Thought he was ok from the start
Old 2005-12-23, 13:26   Link #14
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

That's right, more members! There NEEDS to be a place here for Rin. The man has been bashed too much.

He is a hero most males could relate to easier. (Yes, yes, generalizing. :P )

He doesn't make you want to brick him... most of the time.

He actually act like he cares about all the girls! (Yes, I'm looking at you, other harem leads. K, I'll stop that too.)

HechoseAsa.
Old 2005-12-23, 13:27   Link #15
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

now...Takayuki wasnt a good male lead...

Old 2005-12-23, 13:30   Link #16
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

I've made something for the club

Spoiler for have a heart:

Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 13:31   Link #17
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
now...Takayuki wasnt a good male lead...
Maybe he wasn't, maybe he was...but there's a separate KgNE forum for that Don't drag this off-topic too.
Old 2005-12-23, 13:35   Link #18
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Asa-Fan: All right, our first banner! Thank you. (And I didn't even need to twist anyone's arm, hahah.)

KGNE? Well, comparing Takayuki with Rin would be an interesting read. To an extent, they're similar characters, with the way they're so undecided at first, and then, growing, well, a backbone.
Old 2005-12-23, 13:37   Link #19
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Asa-Fan: All right, our first banner! Thank you. (And I didn't even need to twist anyone's arm, hahah.)

KGNE? Well, comparing Takayuki with Rin would be an interesting read. To an extent, they're similar characters, with the way they're so undecided at first, and then, growing, well, a backbone.
who's Takayuki?

Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 13:45   Link #20
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Takayuki's the male lead in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, a highly popular romance anime that had fanboys and girls reaching for their tissues. The fanbase seems to have searing hatred towards him and one of the heroine leads, Mitsuki. :P

Pinpointing a parallel between Takayuki and Rin? First thing that comes to mind is the reactions regarding both men the moment they decided to uhm shape up. And this is where we support the dude, cut him some slack.
Closed Thread