AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-23, 13:48   Link #21
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
the situation in KGNE was way more intense though...

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Old 2005-12-23, 13:51   Link #22
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I like Rin, he's not a bad harem lead, even if he's very generic. Regardless of that, put me in your list, I like him. Certainly a lot better than people like Manaka from Ichigo 100% and Yamato from Suzuka though. Rin is one of the more likable harem leads.

But I think we need more "different" b-game leads. Yukito from Air is a good example (or Ryo if you've played Crescendo) - I'm getting kinda tired of the usual type, and the geek type isn't any better.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2005-12-23 at 14:04.
Old 2005-12-23, 14:00   Link #23
LilleNisse

Tears of joy. Some good posts about Rin here. I think most people actually are found of Rin

And sorry this aint a big post. But im gona catch a movie now
Old 2005-12-23, 14:08   Link #24
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Asa-Fan
I only know Rin (shuffle!), Keitaro (LoveHina) and Hitoshi(Ai Love you) as harem leads don't know to much harem animes

AAA-FlagWaver; HHH*CLUB*Leader;KKR PizzaGirl
Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 14:11   Link #25
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
u dont kno TENCHI?! *falls from chair*

Old 2005-12-23, 14:15   Link #26
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan Send a message via Skype™ to Asa-Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
u dont kno TENCHI?! *falls from chair*
O_O no i-is that bad

Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 14:23   Link #27
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Now, at times, we go off-topic... but don't go overboard, lol. *taps Asa-Fan and Crimen Scythe*

Props for mentioning Kunisaki Yukito. Now Yukito, I like, for not taking sh*t from anyone and just... did what he has to do. Though it might land him in tough situations, at least he made a decision and pushed himself forward.

Air isn't really harem, but I'd like to see a harem show with a male lead like Yukito. :P Or more accurately, a male lead with traits where he could go against the flow of being a character otakus could relate to completely.

Quote:
Tears of joy. Some good posts about Rin here. I think most people actually are found of Rin.
I... I'm amazed myself.
Old 2005-12-23, 14:27   Link #28
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa-Fan
O_O no i-is that bad
it's not that bad, it's just that Tenchi was one of the original male harem leads (not the first tho), he was legendary, in a way...and well known...

Old 2005-12-23, 14:29   Link #29
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Now, at times, we go off-topic... but don't go overboard, lol. *taps Asa-Fan and Crimen Scythe*

Props for mentioning Kunisaki Yukito. Now Yukito, I like, for not taking sh*t from anyone and just... did what he has to do. Though it might land him in tough situations, at least he made a decision and pushed himself forward.

Air isn't really harem, but I'd like to see a harem show with a male lead like Yukito. :P Or more accurately, a male lead with traits where he could go against the flow of being a character otakus could relate to completely.

I... I'm amazed myself.
AIR was awesome..it is the best...and Yukito was a really good male lead... Misuzu, WHY ...*sobs*

Old 2005-12-23, 14:41   Link #30
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Quote:
AIR was awesome..it is the best...and Yukito was a really good male lead... Misuzu, WHY ...*sobs*
Yeah I agree, Yukito owned.
Spoiler for Air:
I was half-expecting him to have a "sharingan" or something beneath all that hair

Imagine Shuffle with Yukito instead of Rin, backed up with both Itsuki and Suginami (from DC/DCSS) Even you "Rin-huggers" have to agree that Yukito is/was cooler than Rin
Old 2005-12-23, 14:46   Link #31
◕‿‿◕

It's true that Air isn't really harem, but it's b-game based as well. I suppose you can't really put those two together though, although Air does have some harem elements, maybe...

Another example would be Sagara Sousuke. Sure, FMP isn't really harem, in fact, it's not even close, but he does have two people in love with him and he's a very original male lead for his show. I'm kinda sick of the "clueless nice guy" and "geek" types.

As far as I know, Fate/Stay Night's (b-game conversion due January) main character, Emiya Shirou IIRC, will be a breath of fresh air from the usual male leads.

Personally I'd love to see a show of this type with someone like *gasp* Echizen Ryoma as a male lead. I really wonder what that'd be like...
Old 2005-12-23, 14:50   Link #32
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Sagara Sousuke is the clueless military type turned into badass military type...Yukito would own Shuffle!...Echizen Ryoma would ignore all the girls as usual...
But imagine the classic Saotome Ranma as male lead of Shuffle!...XD

Old 2005-12-23, 14:51   Link #33
◕‿‿◕

I'd say I'd love to see Yukito - but I already did and he did -great-. I wouldn't mind seeing someone of his type again though, that's for sure.

And Saotome Ranma was awesome.
Old 2005-12-23, 14:52   Link #34
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I do think Yukito is better than Rin, but Air wasn't harem, and also perhaps it's because Yukito wasn't meant to be a character that otakus could relate to. From the very start, Yukito was Yukito (that's powerful analysis right there, I know) and not just 'oh look, it's another harem lead, let's watch him/us nosebleed at hawt girls'. I'm sorry, it's late and I can't be bothered spamming with long pages.

As AvatarST said, Rin was very generic. That still doesn't stop him from being likable, even though he's in harem, and that is no small thing.

EDIT:
Quote:
As far as I know, Fate/Stay Night's (b-game conversion due January) main character, Emiya Shirou IIRC, will be a breath of fresh air from the usual male leads.
OH MY GOD, YES. *weeps*
Old 2005-12-23, 14:53   Link #35
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
I do think Yukito is better than Rin, but Air wasn't harem, and also perhaps it's because Yukito wasn't meant to be a character that otakus could relate to. From the very start, Yukito was Yukito (that's powerful analysis right there, I know) and not just 'oh look, it's another harem lead, let's watch him/us nosebleed at hawt girls'. I'm sorry, it's late and I can't be bothered spamming with long pages.
That's the point though. Yukito had a personality, he wasn't generic. I wish we'd see more male leads of his type more often.

And I very much like both Rin and Hiroki from Canvas 2, even if they're both generic. And like you said, likable harem leads really is saying a lot, even if it doesn't make them any less generic.
Old 2005-12-23, 14:54   Link #36
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Ranma wouldnt have any problem in Shuffle!, he can turn into a girl, Itsuki would hit on him, and then he would blast Itsuki into the air with one kick...

Old 2005-12-23, 14:57   Link #37
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Quote:
Ranma wouldnt have any problem in Shuffle!, he can turn into a girl, Itsuki would hit on him, and then he would blast Itsuki into the air with one kick...
Oh yeah Ranma is a harem leader to I forgot xD

Call me Sami
Old 2005-12-23, 15:06   Link #38
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's the point though. Yukito had a personality, he wasn't generic. I wish we'd see more male leads of his type more often.
That was directed to Apekatt, but... I'm thinking Fate/Stay Night. That is all. I wait impatiently.

Quote:
And I very much like both Rin and Hiroki from Canvas 2, even if they're both generic. And like you said, likable harem leads really is saying a lot, even if it doesn't make them any less generic.
Picturing Yukito in Shuffle, I just can't help thinking that if he ever were to deal with the girls, he'd raise an eyebrow, swing his bag over his shoulder and um... walk off, even if Asa hits him with a brick. And Shuffle ends right there before it even began.

An Air/Shuffle crossover. This is really off-topic, isn't it? Therefore, I'll say it again...

Rin needs to be cut some slack! *_*
Old 2005-12-23, 15:12   Link #39
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

yea yea....Rin Rin...as for Yukito..he's really unique, especially with his puppet show...

Old 2005-12-23, 15:35   Link #40
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Yes, Rin is a decent male lead for this type of series. He tried not to hurt anyone, but that doesn't really work very well. Though I can see why kaede fans especially would dislike him...

Quote:
Hmm Ranma in Shuffle...

And in other news, the army from the world of gods has agreed to withdraw, if the Japanese government hands over one Ranma Saotome. This is a problem, as the invading army from the world of demons has similiar demands.

Apparently, Saotome stranded the daughter of the leader of the gods while she was visiting on a business trip with her father.

The leader of the demons claims Saotome pushed his daughter in the dirt and laughed at her while she was lost after also accompanying her father on a business trip. However, unconfirmed reports indicate this girl may not have been his daughter after all, but rather a clone produced for experiments in life magic research.

The japanese goverment is confident a compromise can be reached to satisfy all parties involved.

Yeah, I'm thinking it'd go something like that.