AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-12-24, 18:32   Link #21
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

As I said before, I believe, over a year ago, that I really don't care about the names of the voice actors/actresses. As long as the voices perform well or fitting with respect to their characters, I'm content. It's a perspective with more focus on the performances than the voice actors/actresses themselves, and this reduces the bias you would have if you favored particular seiyuus. Thus I would've preferred "Best Voice Acting Job of 2005". These are the characters with voices that did an exceptional job to bring out/accentuate their personalities and/or emotions. I'll look up the seiyuu names for the sake of the thread.

Shinku - Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro - I applauded her performance in my final thoughts at the end of the first season of Rozen Maiden, and I will praise her again in Traumend. Although Shinku's higher/more intense voices stretches the limit of her abilities, she continues to deliver a convincing voice of Shinku with regards to her personality. Her voice of Shinku to pass with positive light under my very scrutinizing eyes (and ears, and most importantly, my mind) on Shinku is a testament on how excellent and credible her performance is. Well done.

Misuzu and Haruko Kamio of AIR - Voiced by: Tomoko Kawakami & Aya Hisakawa respectively. Of a show with such emotional poignancy as AIR, the voices of the characters demand to be very emotive and passionate. I felt the voice performances of Misuzu and Haruko fulfilled that difficult job. Take the beach scene where Misuzu and Haruko, mother and daughter, re-meet, in the final episode of AIR TV for example; had they not approach their characters with such real conviction, that scene (and the whole show) would not have worked, because it would not touch us. Bravo.

As for honorable mentions...I'll think about that later.

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2005-12-24 at 19:35.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 22:20   Link #22
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Also Mitsuaki Madono as kon in Bleach..very funny stuff.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 09:57   Link #23
kismis
Rabid Fangirl

Konishi Katsuyuki - Agatsuma Soubi in Loveless
- Sergay Wong in Mai Otome
- Usui Kenta in Karin

and his best to date, Toya in Ayashi No Ceres

i just adore his voice ^^
kismis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 10:08   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
As I said before, I believe, over a year ago, that I really don't care about the names of the voice actors/actresses. As long as the voices perform well or fitting with respect to their characters, I'm content. It's a perspective with more focus on the performances than the voice actors/actresses themselves, and this reduces the bias you would have if you favored particular seiyuus....
So would you say the same thing about movie actors? Voice actors are just as important to their shows as any Uma Thurman or Brad Pitt or Emma Thompson or Meryl Streep is to theirs, in my opinion.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 10:46   Link #25
madarabe
Dunamist

Mamiko Noto is the one for me... dunno why, her voice is kinda sexy
Not forgetting Nana-chan also, i love the way she did the voice of Cisqua.

Well, Newtype magazine for the month of June & July did put up their 20 choices of male/female seiyuu.

June Issue (Male Seiyuu):
1.Akira Ishida
2.Ryotarou Okiayu
3.Takahiro Sakurai
4.Kenichi Suzumura
5.Junichi Suwabe
6.Toshihiko Seki
7.Tomokazu Seki
8.Souichirou Hoshi
9.Kouki Miyata
10.Masakazu Morita

July Issue (Female Seiyuu):
1.Fumiko Orikasa
2.Houko Kuwashima
3.Mitsuki Saiga
4.Maaya Sakamoto
5.Naomi Shindou
6.Rie Tanaka
7.Mamiko Noto
8.Romi Park
9.Yui Horie
10.Nana Mizuki
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 12:45   Link #26
j1m0ne
Lost Prophet

Fumiko Orikasa for me. She had some pretty memorable roles this year; Rukia,Himeko,Meyrin, Miu & Aoba in Jinki:Extend. She's got great range Other faves include Yukari Tamura(fave role=Rino in Gokujo Seitokai), Chiwa Saito(Aika in ARIA) and Kana Ueda(Petoko). And I'd love Noto Mamiko more if her singing didn't completely put me off
Old 2005-12-25, 13:17   Link #27
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
IMO, 2005 is definitely Mamiko Noto's year. If you need proof of why I say that, just look at her resume for this season:

CHARACTERS THAT SHE WAS ALREADY VOICING WHEN THE YEAR STARTED:
-Yakumo (School Rumble)
-Yukino (Mai-Hime)
-Angol Moa (Sgt. Keroro)

CHARACTERS THAT SHE ADDED TO HER RESUME THIS YEAR (SOME OF THE BETTER ONES IMO):
-Nodoka (Negima)
-Ana (Ichigo Mashimaro)
-Ai (Jigoku Shoujo)

As for other actresses who had a good year in 2005:

Fumiko Orikasa - played Tomo-esque roles in Ichigo Mashimaro and Pani Poni Dash (not to mention her role as Rukia in Bleach).

Ai Nonaka - Her role as the bizarre Ichijou-san from Pani Poni Dash is definitely different from her role as Konoka in Negima.
You forgot to mention, Noto Mamiko also did Nina in Monster. Probably the most complex and mature character I've known her to have voiced. Hard to hate her voice, whatever character she does.

Besides Noto, I'd like to mention newcomer Kikuchi Mika - for playing the cute-sy Mokona in Tsubasa Chronicle, as well as bringing alive the spunkiness of Yumemiya Arika in Mai Otome. Plus she can sing.

Orikasa Fumiko would come third for me, mainly for her performance as Rukia in Bleach.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 14:01   Link #28
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
So would you say the same thing about movie actors? Voice actors are just as important to their shows as any Uma Thurman or Brad Pitt or Emma Thompson or Meryl Streep is to theirs, in my opinion.
With movies, it's a bit more complicated because it's not just the voice that is presented to us, but the actor/actress' appearences (and encased in this, their charms, facial expressions...etc), and movements as well. But yes, my logic is still applicable here, and I do have the same perspective on movie actors as well. As long as the person (instead of voice this time) performs well or fits with respect to their character in a movie, I'm content. The thing is, I believe, the "big names" isn't always the only "right" person, or the only person possible to do well on a role. Let's say for example, Uma Thurman is famous for her role in, oh say, Kill Bill. Suppose some other more unknown female is casted for the role, and she fits and performs just as well or even better with that character. I bet she'll be known for that movie too. I'll admit that I do have respect for some actors/actresses who consistently perform well in their movies. But I respect them for their performances, not for their name.

Back on topic. Honorable mentions...hmmm...my mind is still turning blank.

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2005-12-25 at 16:46.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 15:19   Link #29
Apekatt
Monkeycat

My favourite voice this year is probably Karin Maaka's from the anime Karin. The VA is (according to Furudanuki - I'm to lazy to look it up myself ) Yahagi Sayuri.
Another voice that has really grown on me is Ama's from Shuffle, it's just too cute...
Old 2005-12-26, 04:11   Link #30
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Why does everyone like Karin?
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 04:48   Link #31
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Lolicon is like a virus, that's why. :>
何物にも捕われる、
縛られず、
ただあるがままに己を生きる。
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 04:51   Link #32
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
Lolicon is like a virus, that's why. :>
FYI. Karin has boobs. Loli's don't You FAIL!!!!!

Karin is standard shounen anime. Shounen anime sells.

I don't only like Noto Mamiko, but I want to marry her.
If only my current wife Kawasumi Ayako won't mind
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 05:00   Link #33
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
FYI. Karin has boobs. Loli's don't :D You FAIL!!!!! :p
So says the guy with the loli in his avatar... :p

Lolis can have boobs... as long as they're not too big. >_>
何物にも捕われる、
縛られず、
ただあるがままに己を生きる。
Old 2005-12-26, 05:06   Link #34
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
In over simplified terms: she 'got' Karin right from the start. But I suppose a lot of people who like the performance agree that there is a point where a person acting out the character becomes them. That when they speak or emote, there leaves no doubt that the person on screen [ or a representative avatar] is the person doing it.

It's probably the same reason why much of the Hollywood A-list get their awards and the rest of the human population try to figure out why.

In a sense, Sayuri Yahagi IS Karin, which is why it is so difficult to seperate a VA from the characters they play at times. But she has a good start so we'll see where her career goes.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 00:34   Link #35
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... wihle I agree Mamiko Noto that Mamiko Noto is one of the VA's I like the most, I didn't see her surpassing herself this year, compared to the previous one when she had some genious roles like

-Nina/Anna in Monster
-Shimako in Maria sama ga miteru

She managed to fit those roles so good that she became my favorite seiyuu for the 2004... her 2005's main role in Jigokou Shoujo wasn't that bad but still it pales compared to the previous ones.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 12:32   Link #36
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Besides Noto, I'd like to mention newcomer Kikuchi Mika - for playing the cute-sy Mokona in Tsubasa Chronicle, as well as bringing alive the spunkiness of Yumemiya Arika in Mai Otome. Plus she can sing.
Agree.

I still remember her from the Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger. Well the spunkiness is not only shown inside Mai Otome; her acting as DekaPink in Dekaranger also showed the same spunkiness.

She did sing a few songs for Dekaranger and also an insert song for Magiranger serie.
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:15   Link #37
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I would like to make an addiction, to the names I already wrote.
Since "School Rumble - OVA 1" has been aired on 2005 I'll add Koshimizu Ami for her role as Tsukamoto Tenma. I loved her acting so much during the original series and hearing Tenma again on the OVA was just so.. nostalgic
I think Tenma is not so simple to dub, she often plays crazy but also she says nonsense with a serious tone. So it has to be tough for a dubber to stay concentrate with her!

Really one of the best dubbings on my list for the last years, and if Tenma has managed to become my favourite School Rumble character (with a tons of other brilliant chars available there), I think the 75% of the merit goes to her VA

Last edited by Pellissier; 2005-12-30 at 13:26.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:59   Link #38
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
Hrmm....I'd have to say Ami Koshimizu. Tenma in School Rumble, Nina in My-Otome, and Anemone in Eureka 7. Talk about 3 really different ends of a spectrum for roles to play I was surprised to find out she did all of those roles.
QFT

The first time I had heard about this, I was like "what @_@".
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 14:10   Link #39
LytHka
Banned

My fave three this year:

Nabatame Hitomi (ex. from Canvas2 ~niji-iro no sukecchi~ Kikyou Kiri)
Kusayanagi Junko (loved her in Hajimete no Otetsudai eroge as Ayuka)
Noto Mamiko (ex. from Mahou sensei negima as Miyazaki Nodoka)
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 20:56   Link #40
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarabe
Agree. :D

I still remember her from the Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger. Well the spunkiness is not only shown inside Mai Otome; her acting as DekaPink in Dekaranger also showed the same spunkiness. :heh:

She did sing a few songs for Dekaranger and also an insert song for Magiranger serie.

Wow, I didn't notice that. :[]

Are there any other tokusatsu actors that became seiyuu later on? This has struck my curiousity. ^_^;;

And to whoever gave me bad reps for saying that lolis can have breasts... go to hell. >:<
何物にも捕われる、
縛られず、
ただあるがままに己を生きる。