AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-02, 22:06   Link #421
Umobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
There is one big "BUT"....

BUT, Martinez is in very good shape, with no big damage, no injuries, he is like a rock solid and strong... look at his record. So age is not a big deal, moreover, his style doesn't allow to the rivals to even touch him... and his way of thinking is sharp and wise.

Morikawa really created a monster. Fighters like Brian Hawk are cannon fodder, but guys like Martinez are really one f*cking son of a biatch to fight.

hell yeah! well said.

Man, I can't wait for next 20 manga chapters to end the ippo fight and then itagaki..

morikawa should really need to stop the 'long-manga-chapters fight'.. sigh.
Umobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 10:18   Link #422
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Someone is going banana's later in the ring I can see it!

Ippo needs to concentrate on destructive body blows much like what RBJ did to Miyata, if Moglie/Tarzan/Gouko or whatever his name is, to keep him from moving away from him in the ring.
Old 2009-08-03, 11:57   Link #423
gonzo562

meh hopefully this fight will be short. With ippo some how evolving as a fighter again. Getting tired of all these super fast out fighters.

also if martinez is 26-27 but probably older

that still pretty young for a fighter imo. He still has many years left under his belt. Plus Martinez never seems to take alot damage in his fights.

I think ippo is 23-24yeard old now in the manga.

chapter 862 is out and well im shocked

Last edited by gonzo562; 2009-08-03 at 12:31.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 00:36   Link #424
Umobile

^ well.. chapter 863 out.. RAW though. I looked into it.. i'm pretty curious about the hot-chat between the two people.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:50   Link #425
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OMG!!!

Chapter 863 I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! XD

Spoiler for Kamogawa & Miguel:
Old 2009-08-04, 04:36   Link #426
AnimeFangirl

What are you so surprised about? Everybody else remembers Miguel from way back then. Well, I certainly do anyway.
Old 2009-08-04, 07:14   Link #427
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I mean I can't believe it that Mogli is hugging Ippo like that!

Yaoi doujinshi's will have another material since Mogli gave his banana to Ippo lol.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2009-08-05 at 11:35.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:52   Link #428
AnimeFangirl

I'm embarrassed for Mowgli and everyone from wherever he's supposed to come from. Now I really want to get this over with.

Although it would be great if he transformed into a mean, lean, evil monster in the ring a la Mashiba so everyone would be like WTF. I love stuff like that.
Old 2009-08-04, 19:07   Link #429
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yeah...he only sparred with Vorg and has decent power and a good chin and great speed. I guess if MOEgli get's serious in the ring he'll be something. But for all we know he'll be the toughest fodder Ippo meet since Sendo and Sawamura.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:31   Link #430
AnimeFangirl

Btw, I haven't been reading the manga so what's monkey boy's real name? It's not really Mowgli, is it?
Old 2009-08-05, 11:34   Link #431
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's WOLI. WALLE? lol j/k

In short...it's still "MOWGLI". =/

It's on the 862 chapter where Vorg and Ippo talk via long distance phone call.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:37   Link #432
Umobile

Finally, after a break in Japan. Hajime no ippo manga chapter 864 has been released!

I'm really curious what they're talking about and it seems that ippo already super heated up. He gonna show some crazy l33t blows in the match lol.

Hope the translator quickly translate it ><.

No doubt, 865 will be the beginning of the fight!
Old 2009-08-18, 23:06   Link #433
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

hmm...seems Iam late getting the raws. Better catch up.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:10   Link #434
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Well since it's an Ippo fight there will be not that much surprises. Mowgli will give him hard time because of his speed and... "original technique" but Ippo will not go down once. After 7 rounds without landing a punch Ippo will finally manage to strike a body blow.
Will follow a one side round with Ippo hard punching the poor boy, leading to a new K.O. win for the hero.

Ippo's fights are more and more boring to watch/ read. I can't wait for new Mashiba, Sendo, Itagaki or Takamura (better let him go for his 3rd class now) action.

The last fight that pumped me hard was the "Clash of the Devils". Breath taking first rounds with pure skill then a endless blood bath with pure... bestiality. Best fight seen so far in the manga.
Old 2009-08-19, 09:35   Link #435
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Well since it's an Ippo fight there will be not that much surprises. Mowgli will give him hard time because of his speed and... "original technique" but Ippo will not go down once. After 7 rounds without landing a punch Ippo will finally manage to strike a body blow.
Will follow a one side round with Ippo hard punching the poor boy, leading to a new K.O. win for the hero.

Ippo's fights are more and more boring to watch/ read. I can't wait for new Mashiba, Sendo, Itagaki or Takamura (better let him go for his 3rd class now) action.

The last fight that pumped me hard was the "Clash of the Devils". Breath taking first rounds with pure skill then a endless blood bath with pure... bestiality. Best fight seen so far in the manga.
That's exactly what I thought the next Ippo match would be like I'm not really lookin forward to this match either, just hope it slides by, unless something unexpected/exciting manages to happen.

I'd rather see Ippo and especially Takamura lose a match. IMO Takamura should've lost to Brian Hawk at the very least. Although it was a very epic match, especially the anime version, Takamura had nothing going for him besides more technique and should've lost. Rage doesn't = win, he's not a Saiyajin Then again I guess you can't expect anything else from a Shounen manga
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 16:55   Link #436
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Well he's gonna loose one.... but IMO one only. I see it happen at the very end of his climbing. That last world title he's aiming for may be his last match.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:04   Link #437
HyenaMan

I know this is not the right place, but anyone knows when the anime will start again? ( I heard it would continue soon) they should skip or make it a extra episode the part where they tell the story of the 2 old men. No idea how this fight will end. Hit the monkey boy with the dempsey roll shouln't be easy, but he probably will be powned in 1 or 2 punches the problem will be hit him -,.-
HyenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 19:12   Link #438
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaMan View Post
I know this is not the right place, but anyone knows when the anime will start again? ( I heard it would continue soon) they should skip or make it a extra episode the part where they tell the story of the 2 old men. No idea how this fight will end. Hit the monkey boy with the dempsey roll shouln't be easy, but he probably will be powned in 1 or 2 punches the problem will be hit him -,.-
I don't think the next anime season has been officially confirmed yet, only strongly hinted at. That being the case, there aren't any exact dates yet.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 20:20   Link #439
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

COME ON!!! WE NEED THE KAMOGAWA OVA'S!!!

Hope the next raw announces it.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:23   Link #440
HyenaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
I don't think the next anime season has been officially confirmed yet, only strongly hinted at. That being the case, there aren't any exact dates yet.
Thanks. Hope they don't decide to make another big pause, this remake was even better(not talking about the story but the way they worked the manga)
HyenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports