AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-11, 02:41   Link #1161
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Boring fight is boring.
Old 2011-06-11, 03:55   Link #1162
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I don't remember him being hospitalized after the Date fight. I was referring to him being unconscious for three days after his fight with Volg.

Apart from Nekota, you mean? His problems were well-documented in the arc that went into their pasts.
Ippo's tough, but before he hasen't build up his body frame and endurance he has now when he fought Volg before.

Nekota though I think if he fights for real in his oldman stage, he might die, without the comedic antics of course.
Old 2011-06-11, 04:20   Link #1163
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Well since HnI has been boring lately i thought i'd bring up smth more interesting topic-related:
My hair stands up just like the young Nekota's used to =/
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 04:48   Link #1164
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So what now after the 1 hit KO Ippo will go emo?...shame.
Old 2011-06-11, 06:53   Link #1165
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
LMFAO! It turned out just as I expected it too, actually, I thought he was going to fly out of the ring, but this was just as good

Anyway, only disappointment is the emo part at the end. But, it's to be expected since it's Ippo afterall.
Old 2011-06-11, 07:40   Link #1166
tsunade666

1 hit ko punch with the enemy send flying....... pretty boring and anti-climatic at all. The last few chapter is build up for 1 hit ko match...... great <.<

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 08:38   Link #1167
neshru

So the entire build up was for this? The guy that knew everything about Ippo's style and how to counter it decided to take the hit? What a joke.
neshru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:42   Link #1168
Fran~
floating away...

gg Hisato

I think that Ippo isn't happy for some reasons:
- Hisato's words
- Hisato showed Ippo how vulnerable he is.
- Ippo really doesn't want to almost kill his rivals.

That's the classical sofhearted Ippo.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:05   Link #1169
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Would have been better if Ippo had countered Hisato's counter, then the one shot would be less stupid.
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:23   Link #1170
kakakka

Ippo wouldn't/shouldn't be able to counter that. It would be more stupid than what Ippo already pulled (full recovery that fast? lolwut).
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 14:37   Link #1171
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, the fact Ippo was able to walk out of the ring on his own is outright ridiculous.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:13   Link #1172
Grey

Yeah, Ippo coming back from that counter like it was nothing was silly. Especially after making a big deal about the guy being strong and knowing just how to counter Ippo.

Maybe they'll give some explanation in the next chapter.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 23:35   Link #1173
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
LMFAO! It turned out just as I expected it too, actually, I thought he was going to fly out of the ring, but this was just as good

Anyway, only disappointment is the emo part at the end. But, it's to be expected since it's Ippo afterall.
Exactly, and while that punch was awesome, all those still frames can really be reduced to a 1/3.

After this fight, it has become clear what use be plot/emotional building pace, is now blatant plot stretch.

As for last emo part, I'm betting he'll go into a semi depress mode on how it was first time he is using boxing purely as violence tool despite it was in the ring........
Old 2011-06-12, 02:40   Link #1174
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well like all shounen manga the training of strengthening the neck of Ippo was a success. Now we know he can survive Miyata's counter and hit him with a one hit KO.

Seriously....Sendo and Volg need also updates on their moveset and training.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:29   Link #1175
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
We were dissatisfied with how the fight was being dragged on and how it was looking like it was gonna be a long fight when we all thought it should've been a one-hit KO. We get that now, and we're still mad That being said, the one-hit was indeed pretty lame because of how long the fight had been dragged. One side of me is relieved this isn't gonna go on for longer, but the other side is thinking it was really unneccessary to make it drag out for so long, especially with three or four chapters where nobody did anything. For a mangaka, Morkiawa's really got a long of time to waste trolling us.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 07:07   Link #1176
kakakka

Ippo is chargin, of course Morkiawa's going to show every detail of it
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 08:59   Link #1177
AnimeFangirl

I swear, some mangaka became mangaka only because there was no 2ch to practice their trolling on back in the day...
Old 2011-06-12, 19:35   Link #1178
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
We were dissatisfied with how the fight was being dragged on and how it was looking like it was gonna be a long fight when we all thought it should've been a one-hit KO. We get that now, and we're still mad That being said, the one-hit was indeed pretty lame because of how long the fight had been dragged. One side of me is relieved this isn't gonna go on for longer, but the other side is thinking it was really unneccessary to make it drag out for so long, especially with three or four chapters where nobody did anything. For a mangaka, Morkiawa's really got a long of time to waste trolling us.

No. the problem was that this fight has reduced to picking lessor of two evils sort fo speak.

We expect a quick squash match not one-hit KO.

But with the way this fight started and dragged for past 10 chapters (I counting the whole fight day) one-hit KO become the only reasonable outcome but that doesn't make it a good outcome. It only showed how much worse off the fight would be otherwise.
Old 2011-06-13, 05:06   Link #1179
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I swear, some mangaka became mangaka only because there was no 2ch to practice their trolling on back in the day...
But they wouldn't be making a living from their trolling if there was a 2ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
No. the problem was that this fight has reduced to picking lessor of two evils sort fo speak.

We expect a quick squash match not one-hit KO.

But with the way this fight started and dragged for past 10 chapters (I counting the whole fight day) one-hit KO become the only reasonable outcome but that doesn't make it a good outcome. It only showed how much worse off the fight would be otherwise.
That is true, assuming Morikawa realized what he was doing, or if it was thanks to his editor that he decided to end things quickly this chapter rather than make it another long bout. But yeah, it would've been worse if the fight when on longer. Like I said, one side of me is relieved this fight didn't go on longer, and this is the reason.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 11:10   Link #1180
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
That was awful, this is the first time that ippo has actually been awful. well, had to happen eventually, 900+ chapters in ain't bad.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports