AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-16, 12:47   Link #301
philip72

I was just thinking right now that the sub for episode 7 may be a long time coming, as it's probably hard to translate and encode using only one hand.

Of course, I'm only watching StrawberryPanic for the production values.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 13:04   Link #302
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I was just thinking right now that the sub for episode 7 may be a long time coming, as it's probably hard to translate and encode using only one hand.
ROFL!

I am only watching it for the plot and the music, I swear.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 13:23   Link #303
Xellos-_^
Married

Yuri rape FTW

This is Kannzuki No Miko without the mecha.
Old 2006-05-16, 13:55   Link #304
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
...This is Kannazuki No Miko without the mecha.
Definitely not! This is so much sweeter than Kannazuki, which was an ugly, ugly show, imo. The analogous scene in Kannazuki was just horrible. Here, nothing really happened, and the Prince arrived on her horse in time, as we knew she would. Maybe the production values here are not as good, and the show has less serious pretensions, but it is so much nicer to watch. I certainly enjoyed ep7. Even the fanservice was rather sweet. The two roommates may be nasty to other people, but they do enjoy each other's company, lol.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-16 at 14:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 14:20   Link #305
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Definitely not! This is so much sweeter than Kannazuki
With the exception of one ugly scene which was intended to anger us, I thought Kannazuki was far more romantic than StrawPan has been so far.
Of course that doesn't mean that I don't think we'll get some actual romance later on in this series. Just as of now there hasn't been much in the way of romance, where as Kannazuki's ending was wonderful, sweet and epic.
Old 2006-05-16, 15:28   Link #306
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
With the exception of one ugly scene which was intended to anger us, I thought Kannazuki was far more romantic than StrawPan has been so far. Of course that doesn't mean that I don't think we'll get some actual romance later on in this series. Just as of now there hasn't been much in the way of romance, where as Kannazuki's ending was wonderful, sweet and epic.
Well, I never made it to the end, so maybe. Knowing some of your other posts, I will take your word for it. I actually fell by the wayside after about 3-5 episodes, since I really don't get mecha or monsters at all and thought the mixture of genres was a mess. For me, the story was stupid and the characters unlikeable. I came back to see ep8 (I think it was), after hearing about it, and was unhappy that I did. I wish I didn't have that scene in my brain. From what you say, though, maybe it made more sense in full context.

Anyway, I keep learning that a lot of anime preference is personal taste rather than absolute quality. Although SP is not a very serious show, it seems full of shallow but entertaining romance to me.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 15:38   Link #307
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Although SP is not a very serious show, it seems full of shallow but entertaining romance to me.
Really that's all I'm looking for in it as well. Just a bunch of cute girls in love, and a little romance.

As for Kannazuki, watch the last two episodes and I think you'd feel a lot better about the show. As a matter of fact I would only recommend the last two episodes (maybe treat them like an OVA?) to most people.
I'm not big on mecha or monsters myself.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:01   Link #308
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Yuri rape FTW

Agreed!!!!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 17:12   Link #309
Crusade

Lol yeah, I agree to, oh and I liked your gif Rin-Sama. StrawberryPanic looks like it's getting more interesting.
Crusade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 18:18   Link #310
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

You should definitely watch the last 2 eps of KannaMiko, since they will be giving you a different perspective on the ugly scene at the beginning of the end run. I actually liked KannaMiko alot overall - strip the mecha nonsense away from it, and it's pretty good, with a very romantic finish.

We'll see where SP will go. But I think it's gonna be enjoyable - and I find myself rooting for Chikan... scuse me Yaya-chan again
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 18:25   Link #311
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I actually liked KannaMiko alot overall - strip the mecha nonsense away from it, and it's pretty good, with a very romantic finish.
True although I wish Himeko was not so annoying for the bigger part of the show.

Quote:
But I think it's gonna be enjoyable - and I find myself rooting for Chikan... scuse me Yaya-chan again
Isn't Shizuma the Chikane of SP?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 18:25   Link #312
Guido

Quote:
Yuri rape FTW

Shizuma may could be Chikane's unknown, illegitimate sister.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 18:58   Link #313
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
You should definitely watch the last 2 eps of KannaMiko, since they will be giving you a different perspective on the ugly scene at the beginning of the end run.
Yeah, I hate it even more. The ending is so cliche and does not justify/change/whatsoever what happened. This is particularly true for a shoujo ai show.

Well, it's just personal taste thing.
Old 2006-05-16, 20:50   Link #314
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Yeah, I hate it even more. The ending is so cliche and does not justify/change/whatsoever what happened. This is particularly true for a shoujo ai show.
Nah, I think the ending of KnM is sweet and great. If only they don't include the mechas..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Shizuma may could be Chikane's unknown, illegitimate sister.
And Tamao is Tomoyo's far-far-away cousin. Hmm... that's make sense.

Anyway, back to topic.

Amane on shower!! And that evil lesbian couple!! And that yuri rape scene!! (omg, they're just high-schooler! How can they be soo evil?? ) And Hikari-sama is moree and moree cuter!
Spica FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
We'll see where SP will go. But I think it's gonna be enjoyable - and I find myself rooting for Chikan... scuse me Yaya-chan again
I tell you, they're gonna make a threesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
IMO, Shizuma is more like Sei. With all that dark past and playful-outside-angsty-inside attitude
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 21:05   Link #315
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh

Amane on shower!! And that evil lesbian couple!! And that yuri rape scene!! (omg, they're just high-schooler! How can they be soo evil?? ) And Hikari-sama is moree and moree cuter!
Kaede with her Utility knife to the rescue!
Old 2006-05-16, 23:56   Link #316
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Hmm... I see Yaya's role as mirroring that of Chikane instead. She's doing almost the exact same thing as the latter i.e. helping out her best friend to get closer to the person she has a crush on, while she herself is drowning in angst about it.

Shizuma is, as Sunsh puts it, more like Sei.

But of course, they're not completely alike with their compared personas. They have their unique individuals traits too. ^^
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 01:29   Link #317
Rin-Sama
Banned

If only this series was based from a Navel Hentai game! :LOL:
Old 2006-05-17, 07:36   Link #318
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

:LOL: You pervert!!
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 11:21   Link #319