AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-23, 18:24   Link #361
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Uh... you're not supposed to mention about DLing here. It can get you into some big trouble.

Anyway when do you all think we'll get to see our 1st real Yuri scene. I mean with actual girl flesh on girl flesh?
A dark stormy night when Yaya becomes possess by one the Orchi heads...err oh wait wrong anime.

I can mention downloading just not where or asking where i can go download.
Old 2006-05-23, 22:59   Link #362
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I enjoyed ep8: a quiet little interlude. Maybe they were trying for an Aria-like mood, lol. I can see Shizuma becoming more and more sympathetic. There are a couple of interesting villains at the schools, but really almost everyone is pretty nice.

The full ED video is nice, too. As for whether Mai and Ai are really lovers, who knows, but I doubt it. They have a radio show together. They work together. They present the images that sell. I noted that they didn't show their lips actually touching even in the full version of the ED.

For anyone who's interested in this subject and can read Japanese, there is a wiki devoted to investigating "rezu" relations among seiyuu. There is a page of "rezu" quotes from various seiyuu, most of which don't really show anything. Mai is quoted as saying she has made a love-confession once, to a girl, and had her first kiss with her. Of course, she was probably ten years old at the time, lol. There are also links to other sites, particularly a "rezu seiyuu" forum on 2channel.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 01:56   Link #363
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht
Who knows? Those two certainly worked alongside each other in a lot of anime. The list includes Onegai Twins, Dears, Mai Hime, Mai Otome and now Strawberry Panic. Am I missing out any titles?
Yes. Kage Kara Mamoru
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 02:32   Link #364
j1m0ne
Lost Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Yes. Kage Kara Mamoru
Oh, and Wandaba Style too.
Old 2006-05-24, 02:36   Link #365
Julius Firefocht

Nevermind that Mai and Ai kissed at a weird angle in the PV, the prospect of them kissing alone would be able to send many of their fans into fits.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 12:59   Link #366
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Anyone who enjoyed the yuri aspect of the ED might like to see Isikawa Chiaki's live-action video of her OP for Simoun. It's on YouTube. Great song. Great anime. Romantic yuri video.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 17:52   Link #367
tritoch

Any of you guys watched cream lemon? I just saw episode 2 and boy, I was surprised by the similarities from this old series =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 18:53   Link #368
Rin-Sama
Banned

No I haven't seen Cream Lemon beofre. What's it about?
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 18:57   Link #369
tritoch

Its hentai.. Its in a all girls catholic school and its yuri.. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 19:03   Link #370
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Its hentai.. Its in a all girls catholic school and its yuri.. =p
I don't think i seen that but i did see the one about the guy who was stranded in a train station and stay overnight at this mansion with a mother and daughter and the maid
Old 2006-05-26, 00:05   Link #371
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Strawberry Panic! Manga chapter 7 is out by Dynasty!!

H.A.Y. ROCKS!!!
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 09:03   Link #372
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Strawberry Panic! Manga chapter 7 is out by Dynasty!!

H.A.Y. ROCKS!!!
I am repeating myself but the manga is so superior to the anime.

Spoiler for the manga:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 02:50   Link #373
Fishbait

Episode 8 is extremely good IMO

As for the manga, I read about 5 chapters and Im not sure I enjoy the art as much.

Anyways Episode 8 is awesome lol, especially the last scene.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 17:03   Link #374
Cyz
"Show it to me"

some important scenes (IMO) that i saw in ep. 8:

- nagisa has many fans (i.e. girl in library (forgot her name), tamao-chan, and now kagome-chan )
- an introduction to kagome-chan and her teddy bear. she's cute ain't she?
- chikaru and gang's transformation club become secret club thingy.
- tamao-chan manage to get two strikes before getting nagisa to be under he umbrella.
- yaya and hikari's sort of "romantic" scene.
- tsubomi? (girl in pink hair) seems to have a crush on hikari (i think). and! seeing her slam her face to different doors
- shizuma and aname in the same umbrella.

all right, im done.....now to wait for ep. 9
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 18:56   Link #375
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I can't say I liked this episode that much. I still have trouble accepting the fact that Nagisa is such a chick magnet. And this whole "I lost my favourite umbrella and the rain is so depressing" scenario was executed much better in Marimite. Kagome was annoying, same for Chiyo. Tsubomi was funny though and Yaya's insistence of taking shower with Hikari was funny too.
I think a hilarious development might be Tamao and Yaya helping each other in the contest for Nagisa and Hikari respectively. Or just get over it and become a stalker couple.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 09:21   Link #376
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Poor Tamao-chan. First her "Ai Ai Kasa" plan with Nagisa-chan gets thrwarted by good weather, then by Shizuma-sama, then by Chiyo-chan. In the end she has to literally grab hold of Nagisa-chan in order to get a chance to share her umbrella with her.

After reading all the posts about the manga, Yaya in the anime seems more restrained, now I'd really like to read the manga and see Yaya-chan do her stuff on Hikari-chan.

And Chikaru really is enjoying abusing her position as St Lilim's Student Council president. Heading all sorts of clubs of her desire. It's like a Suzumiya Haruhi given the power to start and head any club she likes.

Of course, her subordinates, Kizuna-chan and Remon-chan, as well as Kagome-chan, are all cute, I can ignore their eccentricities.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 09:55   Link #377
Amaranthine

I enjoyed episode 8, just as I've enjoyed the whole series so far. I haven't seen any of the series that people seem so fond of (negatively) comparing this too, so that might have something to do with it. But then again, I think I'd still enjoy it even if I had seen some of these other series.

For me the highlights of this episode were just... every scene with "Secrets Club". Chikaru = <3. I hope to see more of her as the series continues. Saying that though, I don't think we will see a great deal of her. But I'm sure it'll be good when we do. ^^ The highlight of the series so far was Amane... riding to the rescue... on her white horse. xD I kind of realised what was going to happen a little bit before it actually did happen, and then spent the intervening time telling myself that there was no way that it actually was going to happen. Then it did. And while I may have been laughing, I was still enjoying the whole thing in a serious way, the way it's intended to be enjoyed. (Unless this whole thing is a very clever/subtle joke. )

That's pretty much the reason why I like this series. I don't expect anything from it but ridiculous melodrama, angst, and cliches, but those things can be enjoyable sometimes. There is reason why cliches become cliches, you know. I wouldn't have picked it up just from what I heard about it, but I saw Cyz reccomend it (don't remember where) while I was bored, so I decided to check out at least one episode. And I'm glad I did.

Also, I've resisted clicking any spoilers, but I definitely want to read the manga now. As soon as I have the time I'm going to do just that... and it'll be the first one I've read for a while.

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
It's like a Suzumiya Haruhi given the power to start and head any club she likes.
...are you trying to give people nightmares? o_o
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 11:29   Link #378
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine
I
And...

...are you trying to give people nightmares? o_o
Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I should apologize to non-Haruhi-ists for that.

Of course, Chikaru still has a long way to go before catching up with Haruhi, so everyone need not worry about Chikaru going astray.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 14:35   Link #379
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I love Kagome She's very cute, I wonder what grade is she on? Third grade? 4th grade?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:41   Link #380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode eight leaves you with the same warm feeling that every episode of Aria does, this is what i like to see.

Its good that we get character development in each episode, even if the scene's only short - you at least get something. I'm really looking forward to whats gonna happen in the love triangle with Yaya, Amane & Hikari. ^^

Hmm, now i have a uge to buy a umbrella.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri