AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-26, 20:20   Link #621
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
xD so uhh whats with shizuma? i hate animes that leave you in the dark. and uhh another thing...why are they all lesbians o.o;; thats totally blown out of proportion. as being new to this anime id also like to ask why does this anime seems older, but is still being developed? oh well...
Old 2006-06-26, 20:26   Link #622
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeval
xD so uhh whats with shizuma? i hate animes that leave you in the dark. and uhh another thing...why are they all lesbians o.o;; thats totally blown out of proportion. as being new to this anime id also like to ask why does this anime seems older, but is still being developed? oh well...
Shizuma? To be honest, we don't know either. All we know she has a mysterious past (or perhaps it was already revealed in the manga - which I lost in touch a couple of months now). Why are they all lesbians? Well, not entirely all of them. Some of them were just very very affectionate to that character and besides..this is Yuri after all. The anime is just new and was released...hm..months ago or last year? I can't remember. Anyway, it look old but it's new. Right now, episode 13 is on the way for subbing (I hope it come out soon).
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 03:20   Link #623
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I did the quiz and I got this I'm satisfied with the result

Spoiler:
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 03:58   Link #624
Akeval

has anyone been with this from the 1st realease? if so how long do they usually take? im really looking into it right now its getting a bit more interesting, though i must say i really am going on hoping she doesnt go with shizuma .

Also whats with shizuma and suddenly changing, she seemed like she was going to take advantage of girls like she did the 1st few episodes. i guess shes just really in love now ^^;;
Old 2006-06-27, 04:38   Link #625
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Damn, Hikari is confused now... A kiss from Yaya, that's every man's dream. Man, I wish I was in that situation.

Seriously, Tamao and Yaya would make a perfect match. Both of them are lonely and sad that their love is taken away... maybe drag in Chikaru for a threesome.

OMG, my favourite trio in a threesome *nose bleeds to death*
Old 2006-06-27, 04:49   Link #626
Amaranthine

@Akeval: We're not allowed to discuss sub related stuff, check the first post. So be careful about that, or you'll be in trouble with the mods.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Shizuma? To be honest, we don't know either. All we know she has a mysterious past (or perhaps it was already revealed in the manga - which I lost in touch a couple of months now).
A little bit of Shizuma's mysterious past has been revealed in the manga, but no more than what most people would've guessed already. (In the translated chapters, anyway.) You might have read that though, it didn't explain much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeval
Also whats with shizuma and suddenly changing, she seemed like she was going to take advantage of girls like she did the 1st few episodes. i guess shes just really in love now ^^;;
I rewatched some of the earlier episodes yesterday, and I was kinda suprised at how much Shizuma's changed. I'd forgotten just how, uh... "predatory" she was. Although it is mentioned that she always gets the girl she wants, and Nagisa's resisted more than anyone else. It could be that she's only experiencing the feeling of wanting what she can't have. I don't believe any of the characters love each other anyway... love is a strong word, I don't think people always realise that. They're having feelings of limerence, or what people often call a crush. That's why they're not exactly lesbians, like you asked about a couple of posts ago. It's exaggerated obviously, this is anime, but they are all shut up at the top of a hill with no guys around.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 08:55   Link #627
Rin-Sama
Banned

The dinamic evil Yuri Dou come back and harrass poor Hikari again. And now her own Room mate puts the moves on her also! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and BTW

You are Tsukidate Chiyo! Oh you are ssooo adorable! It's hard not to love you! You are absolutly infatuated with Nagisa-sama, but it's in more of a celebrity-crush sort of way than true love sort of way. But it's okay, because you're cute! You attend St. Miatre

Last edited by Rin-Sama; 2006-06-27 at 09:07.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 09:24   Link #628
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Going to watch 13 now.
And..
Spoiler for my result:
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 09:42   Link #629
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
As you can see, I'm not dead yet lol.

Spoiler:

WHA-WHA-WHAT?!
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 11:06   Link #630
Akeval

Amaranthine damn you are good with words xD and i see what you mean, but how can you not think that they are in fact lesbians? but anyway i noticed in the last 2 episodes that shizuma has finally locked onto nagisa. If anyone saw she tried to do unmentionable things to her in the room o.o;; i dont know about anyone else but i would hate to see these two together.
Old 2006-06-27, 12:14   Link #631
Amaranthine

Um, I'm not sure how to explain why I said they're not exactly lesbians. I'll try my best though. People have said that Strawberry Panic is like an explicit version of Maria-sama ga Miteru; it takes what would be a subtext in that and brings it out into the open. That would seem to imply that the characters really are lesbians, but I think that their feelings are circumstantial, and wouldn't last forever. That's why I mentioned limerence... a crush can be an intense thing, but in most cases it fades away, and I think with this it could cross normal sexual preferences. Take most* of the characters a few years into the future, and I think they'd be quite straight.

*Most because Kaname and Momomi seem to lesbians for real, and probably Shizuma too.

I'm suprised that I've thought so much about something in this series really, and it's not too important. It's not like we're going to see them in later life, and there's no real need to think of them as anything but lesbians for the purposes of the story (at least, not that I know of), but the idea is there at some level, IMO. I've heard before that affection and crushes between girls of this sort of age is considered more natural in Japan than it is in the Western world. Not sure how true that is, but I've heard it a few times. So it could be just that, and it's only the presence of a couple of real lesbians that brings it out so much more. That's basically what I think about it.

In the end, it's mainly that it tests my suspension of disbelief a tad too much for me to accept that all (or at least a hell of a lot) of the girls at the three schools are lesbians. But like I said, it doesn't matter too much. I don't know why I bothered to bring it up, and to go into it like this. Unless it becomes important at some point... maybe it could.

Hmm, that was kinda lengthy and pointless. :/
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 18:59   Link #632
Akeval

haha no worries, its good to analyze things . and once again i see your point. So uh after shizuma being all nice to Nagisa she tries to have sex with here o.O what the heck? does this girl have like spilt personalities or something? 1st harsh 2nd Nice 3rd Desirable. i just cant figure this woman out o.o
Old 2006-06-27, 19:25   Link #633
Chloe
Hmm?

Even though I am a girl, I didn't think it was a bad anime at all. I can see how it is aimed at men, but its not bad at all for a girl. I love yaoi, but sometimes yuri is a good change, sometimes.
Chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 19:49   Link #634
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Hm, looking at episode 13, I wonder if Hikari is still traumatized from what happen before? (y'know, the whole lesbian rape thing)
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 21:20   Link #635
kct

I think she could be. That is why people are speculatiing that Hikari could give Yaya the cold treatment for some time.
Old 2006-06-28, 02:44   Link #636
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

anyone would be tramatise ...since kaname starts channeling her environmental report abt CFC , carbon monoxide (or dioxide can't remember since i jus watch it once only ) and greenhouse effect while <censored>'ing her ...

well i guess she ran out of sun/flower analogys LOL... or her true purpose is to scared her with bad puns
Old 2006-06-28, 05:12   Link #637
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Gaahh.. I must stay over at my cousin's house to prepare her wedding, so I can't watch the RAW..

I never expected Kaname to be a greenpeace activist ;p *no offense*
All hail Kaname and Momomi for their talent at making metaphors and bad puns

The quiz..
Spoiler:
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 07:33   Link #638
kct

They're in fact the only current anime characters to make use of metaphors and all the literature stuff like nobody's business.
Old 2006-06-28, 09:27   Link #639
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
They're in fact the only current anime characters to make use of metaphors and all the literature stuff like nobody's business.
And they makeout like no one else either
Old 2006-06-28, 14:48   Link #640
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

ANN has listed a second OP and ED for Strawberry Panic!. The new OP is called "Kuchibiru Hakuchuumu," and is done by Aki Misato, who also did the first OP. The new ED is called "Ichigo Tsumami Monogatari," and is again done by Ai and Mai. Do you suppose they'll do another video?

So what exactly does "Ichigo Tsumami Monogatari" mean? I know "ichigo" means "strawberry." Is "tsumami" a misprint that should be "tsunami," or is there a Japanese word "tsumami" as well?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri