AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-02, 19:16   Link #901
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I believe you mean "complement."
thanks for the spell check but i ment complete as in they are both missing things in their life but when they are together each one brings something to the relationship that the other is lacking
Old 2006-08-02, 19:50   Link #902
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just finished watching ep. 18. Well, it's a sudden change of mood from the last few eps. Not that it's a bad episode.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:11   Link #903
Sigurd
Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou
You may be right and all, but I just still feel she's stupid
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:24   Link #904
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
We have always seen Shizuma as someone who is potrayed as being stronger, so it is not really a surprise to see her break down like that. Nagisa must have acted like that because she never really see the weak side of Shizuma in the first place.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:29   Link #905
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Or maybe she can't take the emotional atmosphere she and Shizuma was in right at that moment.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-08-02, 20:32   Link #906
Rin-Sama
Banned

I just watch the fansubbed episode 18 and it was a very good episode. What im worried about the most is Nagisa collapsing at the end of the episode. It didn't look like the she fainted and if you'd listen she actually sounded very sick when saying sorry to Tomo.

Could we have a similar situation where Naisga gets very sick and is near death and Shizuma's love bring her back? we'll just have to watch and find out!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 05:31   Link #907
Sox

Question

Does anyone know when does Strawberry Panic! manga come out for volume 2. I wanted to buy it because I have Volume 1 already. So now I need volume 2 and yeah how many volume will the manga have? Thanks
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:28   Link #908
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Waw. Episode 18 was one hell of emotional package. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsuji
The reason Nagisa ran away from Shizuma was not because she was treated as a substitute for Shizuma's dead lover. She was shocked by the fact that she was too powerless to relieve Shizuma from her agony.

(The following was edited after rewatching the episode.) That why Nagisa said "Gomen nasai. Dame nan desune. Watashi ja. (I'm sorry. I am useless/not enough for you. Aren't I." (This is not a question but a breathless assertion.) She had no idea how to deal with the situatinon, so that she ran away.
But it's just from Nagisa's point of view. Shizuma never stated or think that Nagisa is a replacement for Kaori. Yes, maybe Nagisa and Kaori share some similar qualities, but Nagisa is Nagisa, and Kaori is Kaori. Shizuma knows that very well so she can't replace Kaori with Nagisa.
In the end of episode, Shizuma and Kaori's photo was standing again, right? This shows Shizuma's feeling that she can't completely forget Kaori.

And the cliff scene.. And Nagisa's apologize to Tamao... oohh.. so emo..
Spoiler:
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 10:29   Link #909
ginseng

The eighteenth episode really drove in the point that the main character is a kid. Nagisa pretty much made it clear that she is deeply hurt from the twist of events, but maybe in the future she can just focus on loving the one she has fallen for instead of just being disappointed about something going wrong. I found the drama a welcome addition, but both the main characters acting quite weird about it.
ginseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 10:31   Link #910
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 10:50   Link #911
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:

CAT FIGHT!!!!! And while Tamo and Shizuma are fighting Chyio will steel Nagisa away!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:06   Link #912
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
In the end of episode, Shizuma and Kaori's photo was standing again, right? This shows Shizuma's feeling that she can't completely forget Kaori.
We should be careful not to overanalyze things. Rather, it was a necessity, since we haven't seen Kaori's face for sure - on the first turn Kaori's face was "blanked out" by the reflection of a light source. I'm 100% certain that having the photo "stand up" again does NOT mean that Shizuma's feelings towards Nagisa have changed. At least I don't think so.

Quote:
And the cliff scene.. And Nagisa's apologize to Tamao... oohh.. so emo..
Well, here we only have the crushed low-self-esteem girl Nagisa. There's nothing she'd have to apologize to Tamao for.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:13   Link #913
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 11:18   Link #914
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:21   Link #915
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 15:21   Link #916
Fishbait

Wow BIG PLOT TWIST.

Everything was all happy (well cept for Tamao) and this episode comes and puts all the emo back in our faces!

Great episode IMO, now we'll really see how Shizuma and Nagisa will act toward eachother in school due to the awkwardness...
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 15:49   Link #917
htsuji

Quote:
But it's just from Nagisa's point of view. Shizuma never stated or think that Nagisa is a replacement for Kaori. Yes, maybe Nagisa and Kaori share some similar qualities, but Nagisa is Nagisa, and Kaori is Kaori. Shizuma knows that very well so she can't replace Kaori with Nagisa.
As for Shizuma, I'm not sure whether she thinks Nasisa is just a replacement for Kaori. But, I have a feeling that she doesn't deeply care who Nagisa is, at least so far. She was (or acted like she was) a woman chaser before Nagisa came to the school. According to the rumor Tamao referred to at the last one minute of episode 2, when Shizuma had a new girlfriend, their relationship wouldn't last more than a month. Also, Miyuki repeatedly warned Shizuma in the earlier episodes that her act could hurt Nagisa. Nagisa is not the first girl chosen to be her new girlfriend after Kaori's death.

It is true that Shizuma has become more serious than she used to be and Nagisa is now something more special for her than the others. But, what she planned to do in episode 17 and 18, which turned into failure, seemed to come mainly from her desire to be freed from the past, not from her love for Nagisa. Of course this is just my personal interpretation and I wouldn't like to blame Shizuma. She has her own reason. I feel sorry for both of them.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-08-04 at 01:45.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 20:13   Link #918
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
CAT FIGHT!!!!! And while Tamo and Shizuma are fighting Chyio will steel Nagisa away!
I think Tamao-chan has Nagisa senses in her. So she'll know if Nagisa was taken away
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-08-03, 22:44   Link #919
Fishbait

I dont think Nagisa ran away was because she felt she was just a replacement.

She's too nice to think like that.

Rather, she probably felt hopeless that she can't do anything for Shizuma. And that was the reason she was sad and ran away.

As for Shizuma...we dont know o.O

MORE EPS COME ON!
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 00:34   Link #920
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Shizuma just have a massive mental breakdown, like most of the people above has said. She tried to get on, but the past have caught her.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri