AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-11, 08:00   Link #1741
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Here's a little treat from me:

I can't find good quality Chikaru pics out there But these will do. Nagisa is two timing!!!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 17:01   Link #1742
jayj713

i just finished this anime, and wow. i just feel.. so happy. lol. now i need something to fill in the hole.... da capo 2!
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 19:31   Link #1743
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj713 View Post
i just finished this anime, and wow. i just feel.. so happy. lol. now i need something to fill in the hole.... da capo 2!
Actually, try watching Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru. It has a similar aura as Strawberry Panic. But it has more comedy than SP. Click the link button name below my sig
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-16, 19:46   Link #1744
jayj713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Actually, try watching Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru. It has a similar aura as Strawberry Panic. But it has more comedy than SP. Click the link button name below my sig
lol, one of the things that annoys me most is waiting a week for each episode to come out haha. That's why i dont want to start watching kanon (2006) until next year sometime . i'll make sure to watch that when it finishes in 3 months or so.
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 17:21   Link #1745
raideralan

Can someone make a wallpaper out of the picture posted by Cyz , the middle one with the rose.
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 11:44   Link #1746
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

I read this thread backwards for a few pages before I cannot be bothered. I haven't even looked at this forum since the end of Mai Otome (apart from the one or two looks I had to see if the Mai Otome boards still lived) and only thought to come back to see if someone had news about this series, as S-Ai.com certainly didn't. Sadly, it seems not, however, it won't stop me posting a little something.

I am a fan of Strawberry Panic!, undoubtedly, and have done my little bit for the community. Writing fanfiction, suggesting people should watch it, purchasing every SP! related thing I could find in Akihabara during my holiday in Tokyo earlier this year, and such, however, I haven't ventured near a forum. Mainly due to the fact that the people with the worst to say always have the biggest mouths, but more about that later. I am also a self-confessed Amane fan, and by extension, a Hikari fan. I regularly find very few who share this view (and many who possess the exact opposite) and would like to write a couple of words about that also.

As for what people have to say about this series, I believe people are too harsh on it. Perhaps they believe they've seen it all and have the experience to force their views on others? Oh, I've done it before as well. That's the thing about forums; everyone can express their views, but it's certainly not done in an equal fashion. People tend to create images of false superiority and experience. ANYWAY, the relevance of this to the topic in hand is debatable. The animation didn't have a huge budget, the art wasn't of the most high quality, the events slightly melodramatic and over the top, and the voice acting not spectacular. But SO WHAT people?!! Haven't you seen low budget films before? Christ! Get off their back! They might not be so visually pleasing, or have the most spectacularly coherent story, but they can still be fun and pretty damned clever. If you are sadly too shallow to share these views, or to arrogant to value other's opinions, please do not insult something that others may enjoy.

And what really gets me is when people call something is "forgettable" or "not worth watching"/"a waste of time". Damn you people, you might think so, but for every person with a similar opinion there will be at least two others that think the opposite. They might be too intimidated by your 5000 posts, or 4 years registered at this forum (no-one in particular) to say so, or they may just not feel like publicising their opinions (I didn't until now), but it doesn't mean they arn't there, or that you are right and they are wrong! It is like saying all Muslims are terrorists, or that the average American is fat and/or stupid! RIDICULOUS!

I was one of the SP! fans that started their love of the series in the more traditional fashion - stumbling across the manga purely coincidentally (in my case, I saw a YayaXHikari page in it's original Japanese on 4chan, I believe, and thought something along the lines of; "Nice. I'm getting some of that."). However, I am not much of a manga person, and sadly, I must admit, the manga possess a very great superiority over the anime. For one, Amane is a very attractive character (in her appeal as a character of a yuri series [or any series], not her looks, but either could be correct ) and one I could say much about in the manga, but in the anime, it is quite a different case. They may share the same name, and the relative same looks (I always imagined Amane to have jet black hair until I saw the anime), but both are different characters. I'm sure anyone that dislikes Amane has not paid her the attention her character deserves in the manga.

And I believe this applies to all characters and situations. They all seem so much deeper, better thought out, more clearly explained, and much more ordered in the manga than they do in the anime. Being first and foremost and anime fan, and not a manga fan (I own the odd manga novel, but nothing to much), I am saddened in admitting that Media Works didn't do the series justice.

Anyone who has not seen the manga, or found themselves disliking the events on the anime is strongly advised to check out the manga, which can be found scanlated.

I only hope that the SP! manga (and novels, now we are seeing English translations) along with other products are in for a bright and fruitful future, and that Media Works creates us a better SP! anime series. I wouldn't mind a near complete copy of the manga in anime form, just so long as it is better pulled off.

Preston out. And should anyone discover any interesting SP! news, please make it known!

Um... signature image in progress.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 12:20   Link #1747
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Actually, try watching Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru. It has a similar aura as Strawberry Panic.
Similar aura, but twice the cokes; which is a pity because Mizuho makes a damn fine woman when he's in his drag.

The nice thing about StawPan was the complete and utter lack of someone sporting a coke. I could just sit back and enjoy all the romance, without subconciously worrying that my genetic competition was lurking under somebody’s skirts.

Seeing as a womans naughty parts are so full of good and win for me, and anybody else’s coke but mine (which is the epitome of rugged manhood) looks like a length of intestine coupled with two pink prunes; I just can't understand why all the uber-babes this new season have to sport them.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 15:57   Link #1748
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Whooo!!

Finally finished up the series yesterday. Yeah, when you're doing all that seeding and leeching and trying to watch crap so you can regain disk space you tend to forget doing something REALLY important.

Like finish watching 'Strawberry Panic'.

It was bad enough that I was going to 'Random Curiosity' for sneak-peeks whichwas a bad thing. I'm like, "you gotta hurry up and finish up the damn show!"

After the whole tennis match I was like,

"I want to keep going but it's almost 5pm and I have to run out and buy jeans and sneakers because I didn't take my lazy-ass out earlier to do it. I'll just have to finish when I come back. BOO-HOO!!"

I was very surprised by the ending! It made me jump. Talk about feeling like an 'Officer and a gentleman'.

"I'm taking my Nagisa-chan with me and I won't be back for THE REST OF THE DAY!!!"

Well, I never saw the movie but sort of remember the quote. But to be honest I really enjoyed this little series. Again it's not the best but it's certainly not the worse. Not to mention I'm not a big watcher of "shoujo-ai" or "shonen-ai" genre. But I guess even I have moments where I'm looking for something that touches the heart. 'KnM was the first. I wanted to post something after I finished the series which was why I'm here today.

Now my question is, and I'm not asking for anything extensive how close is the animated series to the comics. Now I don't want to start up on major discussion as I saw this was talked about awhile back and spouted some discussion almost heated with gasoline. I just want a short and too the point answer.

I often wonder what people are looking for in a show. I mean c'mon folks, it's just an animated show. So it isn't going to be like the manga verbatim. This is one of the reason I hated 'Chrono Crusade' while other folks kiss it's booty and yet neither have read the manga. But do you see me on boards trying to start trouble? Noooo, I watched it, I didn't like the designs and the series gave me a headache LITERALLY! And that's that. I'm not going to try and get into a discussion about the differences because they are 2 totally different mediums. I'm not going to set a point for something that is based purely on opinion when others may have liked it. Chances are they saw something out of it that I didn't. Which is the reason I'm going back and watching 'Gunbuster 2'. I watched the 'Berserk' anime and then did the manga. Found out they were almost the same. Easy. Watched the 'Narutaru' anime then did the manga, again both were the same. Despite the changes I could deal with them because the story wasn't altered completely. Or it could have been that I did the show first and did the book later. I liked the 'SP' anime. I'm sure the manga is pretty different but maybe I'll take a look or maybe I won't. I say just keep your mind open as much as possible. You might find it easier to enjoy stuff without setting your expectations so high.

I love the comment posted on 'RC' about why the "etoiles" have to be a pair that are "lovers" and not just friends. Well, that's a good question. Good comment and not a stupid one at that. Hell, why not that? But guess what? IT'S A SHOUJO-AI SHOW~ PEOPLE!!!!!

Man did 'Amane' ever looks soooo good! I really like those two. 'Amane x Hikari'. I'll have to admit my favorite characters of the series are 'Chikaru' and 'Tamao'. I like everyone but these are the 2 that stand out for being interesting characters. Especially 'Chikaru' and her eccentric behavior.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-10-21 at 19:09.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 00:56   Link #1749
LocrEpinS

'Downloaded this series a few weeks back and i've watched upto ep 17 so far(watching it slowly..).

This was the first shoujo-ai i've watched and it was quite interesting to say the least.

Is it just me or is this anime the "kawaii-est" anime i've ever seen .
As much as it was sugoi, it was really toooo much for me(ep < ~18?).

Edit: Woo, this anime gets very interesting and in-depth around/after the 20th or so ep.

Alot of conflict and sad scenes though, and it seems there're alot of some unfulfilled dreams and desires lurking about aswell.
I'm not a very big fan of such events occurring but it does give the anime more value in some senses. These sorta events tend to shake me up quite a bit and i always hate it when they don't finish those characters' story.
I guess even anime goes by the common saying "you win some, u lose some", but, oh how i wish everyone won some >_<.

Upta ep 25 now, wonder how it ends..

Edit 2: Wow, just finished the anime. The ending was great, 'fact, one of the best i've seen yet.
This anime just jumped up a whole lota notches in my global anime rankings(HnTgNS is still 1st lmao).

PS - Fav char is Chikaru followed by Tamao ^^.

Last edited by LocrEpinS; 2006-10-23 at 07:37.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 10:13   Link #1750
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Found another img of Shizuma and Nagisa.

--> In memories of how yuri animes suppose to be

And here's a little pic on that piano scenes from both Marimite and Strawberry Panic

Spoiler for Strawberry Panic: Shizuma and Nagisa:

Spoiler for Marimite: Sachiko and Yumi:

--> So far, there's 2 yuri animes I know with a piano scene. This and Marimite.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-26, 13:37   Link #1751
Fishbait

Yaah, Piano is such rare thing in this world that...er...hold on
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:49   Link #1752
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It's a nice way to bring two people I guess. It worked for them
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-03, 04:58   Link #1753
htsuji

DVD vol.7
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 08:33   Link #1754
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Now, if Miyuki was to wear that ribbon, she'd be just as cute as Kaori.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 11:08   Link #1755
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The wonder trio If you look at it from afar, Miyuki almost looked like Kaori
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-03, 18:50   Link #1756
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So cute defiently a great cover for the DVD and CYZ i think your right in that pic she does look a little Kaori. I wouldnt mind seeing some more pics of Kaori floating around. if anyone comes across any good ones drop me a line
Old 2006-11-17, 19:48   Link #1757
raideralan

Does anyone know what the name of the insert song in the last episode is called? The one that plays when shizuma runs away with nagisa.
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 10:30   Link #1758
Cyz
"Show it to me"

You mean the ending song for episode 26? It's the same OP song for the first half of the series: Shoujo Meiro de Tsukamaete by Aki Misato
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-23, 04:59   Link #1759
Katsuo
eh?

Well. i just finished watching this anime and i must say it was a great show. This was the first shoujo-ai ive watched and to tell you the truth i liked it alot more than those '10 girls after 1 guy' where hes a complete idiot until the last episode type of shows, plus there was more than one couple yet they still kept a strong story and focused in on all of the characters instead of 2 or 3 with all the others just being 'their'. On top of that everyone ended up with who i wanted them to end up with. My favorite was Nagisa/Shizuma

Ah so much more to say but i must go to bed, anyways i think you get what im saying. Definatly going in my top 5, ill just have to watch it again until i can find another one thats just like it

Katsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 18:01   Link #1760
Katsuo
eh?

one thing i can say that disappointed me though was that tamoa( i think thats her name(Nagisa's room mate)) didnt end up with anyone, oh well, theres always Yaya

Katsuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri