AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-17, 23:46   Link #161
gknight
shounen ai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Israel
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
why isn't animesuki post Serin's releases? o.o
cool show! ^^
agrees with what tjalorak said in his last post about age (they're not THAT young!!) and homosexuallity is excellent. ^^ LOL
__________________
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:10   Link #162
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:03   Link #163
BiZz
God ?
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".

I want the same power
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:08   Link #164
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Strawberry Panic 1 (Xvid/H.264) out by Doremi-fansubs. Time to play catch up, I guess.

I like Tamao-chan the best!
Great to hear you are doing this show as well.

Guess is time to download eps. 1.......again
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:13   Link #165
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Strawberry Panic 1 (Xvid/H.264) out by Doremi-fansubs. Time to play catch up, I guess.

I like Tamao-chan the best!
Great, I was hoping antoher group would this series on. No offense to serin but there font is way too small.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:22   Link #166
Ness
Music Whore
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Ness
There's a spanish sub of the second episode available already. I'm not Spanish, but I'm Portuguese, so I can understand somewhat the language. But I dislike Spanish, so I'm probably not going to download it. XP

Chapter 4 (manga) is out too.
__________________
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:25   Link #167
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I love watching this, especially alongside Joshikosei for the stark contrast. I've a question though:
I may likely have missed it somewhere, but has something changed concerning the Media Factory issue? Doesn't seem to be anything in the threads I've found, so MF shows are still banned here, right? Did this show break off of MF, did the rules change, or were the torrents posted accidentally?
I have to wonder, with the number of Catholic girl-school romance stories like SP, even classical stories from Europe and America, whether there is any historical or modern basis for the idea or whether it's really just a fantasy designed to get us guys drooling.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 16:24   Link #168
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
There's a spanish sub of the second episode available already. I'm not Spanish, but I'm Portuguese, so I can understand somewhat the language. But I dislike Spanish, so I'm probably not going to download it. XP

Chapter 4 (manga) is out too.
Kinda agree with you there. Eventhough I am Mexican, I almost always prefer the english releases. I dont hate subs in spanish though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I may likely have missed it somewhere, but has something changed concerning the Media Factory issue? Doesn't seem to be anything in the threads I've found, so MF shows are still banned here, right? Did this show break off of MF, did the rules change, or were the torrents posted accidentally?
I think page 4 of this thread has some posts commenting this and a possible answer as to why they are listed now.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:25   Link #169
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I may likely have missed it somewhere, but has something changed concerning the Media Factory issue? Doesn't seem to be anything in the threads I've found, so MF shows are still banned here, right? Did this show break off of MF, did the rules change, or were the torrents posted accidentally?
I think page 4 of this thread has some posts commenting this and a possible answer as to why they are listed now.
If you look at the very first post of this thread you will find your answer.

Sorry but I have no idea why the torrent was added to AnimeSuki since it was agreed it was a Media Factory Production.

Quote:
While Strawberry Panic has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Strawberry Panic downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Strawberry Panic fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Strawberry Panic.
  • Asking for playback help for Strawberry Panic episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:01   Link #170
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
eh.. more like Gokujou Seitokai with the added yuriness factor.. It is good though and im looking forward for some more =o
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:55   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".
noooo! i like nagisa x shizuma pairing! i won't let you!!!! btw, how on earth did shizuma knew that nagisa was on the library? did she know that it was nagisa who saw her kissing the random girl?
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 06:53   Link #172
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
noooo! i like nagisa x shizuma pairing! i won't let you!!!! btw, how on earth did shizuma knew that nagisa was on the library? did she know that it was nagisa who saw her kissing the random girl?
I'd like to see you try and break Tamao and Nagisa apart!

It's only natural for Shizuma to easily track her number one target down as easily as a wolf smelling its prey.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:25   Link #173
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
It's only natural for Shizuma to easily track her number one target down as easily as a wolf smelling its prey.
she seems to like nagisa way better than any girls she had before. hmm, i wonder what kind of "spell" shizuma put nagisa on when she tries to kiss her?
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:19   Link #174
Gankutsuou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I just finished watching the first two episodes of this series! And oh my, this series is sooooo good! It's turning out to be one of my favorite series ever. The animation is also very solid and pretty. I really like the various pairings offered in the series. My favorite character so far is Tamao. She's very similar to that girl in Cardcaptor Sakura. I think she was also a lesbian----Sakura's best friend?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to episode 3!
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:45   Link #175
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou
I just finished watching the first two episodes of this series! And oh my, this series is sooooo good! It's turning out to be one of my favorite series ever. The animation is also very solid and pretty. I really like the various pairings offered in the series. My favorite character so far is Tamao. She's very similar to that girl in Cardcaptor Sakura. I think she was also a lesbian----Sakura's best friend?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to episode 3!
Tomoyo was indeed a lesbian with feelings for Sakura in the original release (mirroring her mother's feelings for Sakura's mother, IIRC), but this was both not translated at all in the American version *and* retconned by CLAMP making them just very good friends instead. At least, that's how I remember it. I'm sure someone with stronger CLAMP-fu will come along and correct this.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:48   Link #176
Meliavor
:O
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Very nice show, reminds me a lot of Marimite, mostly the schools atmosphere and the background music.
Really looking forward to the next episode ^^
Meliavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 17:03   Link #177
Gankutsuou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
Tomoyo was indeed a lesbian with feelings for Sakura in the original release (mirroring her mother's feelings for Sakura's mother, IIRC), but this was both not translated at all in the American version *and* retconned by CLAMP making them just very good friends instead. At least, that's how I remember it. I'm sure someone with stronger CLAMP-fu will come along and correct this.

Yeah i know that the American version of CCS was censored and edited a lot. Argh. Anyway, i hope this series gets licensed. The characters are very interesting. It seems like Etoile is a big pervert! She tries to kiss every cute girl. I wonder how the relationship will continue like. Do you guys think Shizuma has already fallen in love with Nagisa?
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 10:53   Link #178
Dav
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Looks like it. Or she's just being her usual player self.

But they're destined to be together at the end anyway (probably).

However... Despite Nagisa X Shizuma being in the spotlight, I'm far more interested in another couple (They're my favorite and they look like the best coupling, but that's just my personal opinion ^^).

They are...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dav; 2006-04-24 at 11:27.
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:36   Link #179
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:


Anyway, this episode was not too interesting. I am starting to hate all the "I can't move when Shizuma-sama looks at me" sequences. Nothing really funny, too. If it keeps on getting worse with every episode like that I will stop watching.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:39   Link #180
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Shizuma almost had Nagisa-chan there (the time when Nagisa is looking for her) -> too bad for Shizuma
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.